IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

good evening ladeez

thanks for all the growy vibes - can I have some beaty vibes to go with them please??? :D

my scan has been brought forward to 2.30 on Monday - so slightly less waiting. I predict a very slow and stressy weekend

How exciting, glad to have something else to look forward to along the way before my next scan!:happydance:

Just thought I'd post a quick update...had my first follie check since starting stims. My us showed about 7 follies in my right ovary, but the Dr. only measured the biggest one (he didn't tell me the measurement). My left had about the same amount that were all around the same size as the small ones in my right. He said it was good, considering I've only been on meds for 4 days. I go back Monday morning for another check. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for lots of growth over the weekend!!!

Lucie - Cheers to cooking some healthy, good sized follies!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

I just typed a big long reply and the internets ate it!

Lucie - I was sending growy thoughts to your follies

sunshine - I was saying I was more anxious than excited, but either way I will find out what's going on very soon

Then I was having a big stressy worry about hot baths. It went like this:

I usually have my baths steaming hot. So hot that my bum goes pink. So hot that when I went for a blood test half an hour after having one, the nurse thought I was seriously ill!
Now of course I know not to have hot baths during pregnancy, so I have been having warm ones.
But this morning I had the following thought:
Most people don't have their baths anywhere near as hot as I do, so their hot baths are probably the same temperature as my warm ones. Which means that I may have inadvertently been having hot baths for the past 3 weeks (if measured against the SBTMS - the Standard Bath Temperature Measuring Scale)
So I need to know - how hot is too hot? how warm is warm?
Does it make any difference that I only stay in 5-10 minutes?
and who might know official answers to these questions?

aaaaaaarrrgh!

I so get everything you are saying sunshine!! I am feeling stressed as well and my family doesn't get it. If I lose Baby B, I think it's gonna hit me harder than I think. And here I didn't get any measurements to reassure me baby A is on track. Hang in there! Do you have another scan??

Yep, my next one is next Thursday morning. how about you?

Wednesday!! So can't wait! Butterflies in my stomach!

good evening ladeez

thanks for all the growy vibes - can I have some beaty vibes to go with them please??? :D

my scan has been brought forward to 2.30 on Monday - so slightly less waiting. I predict a very slow and stressy weekend

Will this be your first scan?? HB vibes!!!!! :happydance:

yups - and ty!
first one my clinic does is 8 weeks

EXTREMELY nervous hon - in fact nervous doesn't even begin to cover it!
last time I was pregnant I found out at the 8 week scan that I was having a MMC - so I have more than a little history with the ultrasound lady!

EXTREMELY nervous hon - in fact nervous doesn't even begin to cover it!
last time I was pregnant I found out at the 8 week scan that I was having a MMC - so I have more than a little history with the ultrasound lady!

Oh no that is devastating! So hoping you see a hb this time and a happy healthy bean!!!

Urchin - Your body temp is not to be higher than 100 degrees F or something like that for more than 5 or 10 minutes. You may want to check your temps in the bath and gauge it that way. That is why we are not suppose to sauna or take a whilrlpool during pregnancy either. Good Luck & take care of that :baby:

I have CD11 scans on Tuesday! Hope I have 2/3 nice juicy follicles!

GL to all you girls waiting for scans! :dust:

yeah I will froliky :(
I am very quick in the bath (never been a wallower) and have been bathing significantly cooler than I normally would - but i'm still worried

Urch, I was told as long as you could get in fast and it wasn't where you have to slowly get in, it is OK. Similar to how a babies bath should be. Check it with the inside of your wrist. But I know myself and my DH have different views on what is hot so it makes it confusing. I would get a thermometer and see what it is at.

Yay your scan is moved up! I have mine tomorrow at 3. I am so nervous.

Sunshine, I heard that when it is that early that the HB can take to almost 7 weeks before it gets faster.: )

ILuvBabies, I am still sending sticky vibes your way!

We have such a full week now:

Sunday: Care's HB scan
Monday: Urchin's HB scan
Tuesday: Tella's follie scan
Wednesday: ILuv's 2nd scan
Thursday: Sunshine and Froliky's scans

Good luck to everyone!

I just found this and thought we could all use it.

https://www.999reasonstolaugh.com/about/

Opps, I thought today was Sunday, lol. My scan is monday. I guess I was wishing the days away... Lots of scans next week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->