IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Equal - great rise! I agree with the other ladies to keep the appointment. I don't think it will jinx you, more likely it will be just the thing to keep this bean sticky - kind of like if you take your umbrella it won't rain :thumbup:

Tella - I hope so too! we need another set of twins on this thread :dance: I would say your discomfort is definitely from the eggies getting bigger. I always had that right before IUIs when the eggs were getting ready to pop. Glad your liking acupuncture, I definitely think it helped keep me relaxed through my IVF cycle.

I 'think' I have finally gotten the front page fully updated with all the latest info and with all the new ladies. If I don't have your info right please let me know :flower:

Had my follow-up at the RE and left in tears. He wants a full genetic panel done for balanced translocation. It's thousands... Then if they find a problem, he would recommend we test each embryo on another IVF cycle. The testing is $4500. We only had 2 embryos make it last time. If they are both found to be abnormal, we are literally throwing money out the window. We can't afford to do that. I have a second opinion in 2 weeks and then it's over for us. The pain is unbearable. First the loss and now this may be forever. The thought of my 2 kids slipping through some genetic problems is not something to take lightly. I did lose a pregnancy before DS so he is saying I suffer from reoccurant pregnancy loss.

ILuv > :hugs: :nope: :hugs: :nope: :hugs: I'm so sorry you got more bad news :hugs2: Cherish your two miracles you already have and find strenght in their existance! Want to give you a big hug!

Hi girls, I will update properly tomorrow from my pc. But iui went great, waiting to O now. But DH's numbers where great! 30mil with 100% motility, so now the little :spermy: must just swim and find an eggy! PUPO for the next 13 days! :dust:

Tella - glad to hear the IUI went well, great count!

ILuv - so sorry you are getting bad news :hugs: I don't know that I would jump to 'recurrent pregnancy loss' though. You have had two successful pregnancies. Only the one other loss between the two right? If you had never had a successful pregnancy or have a long history of miscarriage I could understand more but it seems they are jumping the gun to me. Perhaps they are just being overly cautious and/or trying to protect their success rates. You definitely don't have to have the testing if you don't want to. Talk to your old clinic and see what they have to say. :hugs:

Hi ladies, been in and out lately. Anyway, hi Mrs Bears:), still on my thyroid medication. The endocri advised we wait another six weeks and i repeat the thyroid function test. So far, last test i did last friday looks good. So looks like my IVF will be early May and my doc will be doing the short protocol. Am turning 40 this year and i want to use my own eggs. I hope am lucky.
I also want to say "yippeeeee" to the BFPs, and "Dont give up" to the BFNs, "hang in there" to those in the 2WW and most importantly, a big fat hug to those who lost their precious embies.

Hi doshima :wave:

Glad to hear things are looking good and you should be able to start soon. I turn 39 this year, so not far behind you and proof it can happen for us older ladies. I was on short protocol as well. FX May will be your month :dust:

Hi girls, I will update properly tomorrow from my pc. But iui went great, waiting to O now. But DH's numbers where great! 30mil with 100% motility, so now the little :spermy: must just swim and find an eggy! PUPO for the next 13 days! :dust:

that's good news Tella - congrats on your PUPOness! :happydance:

Tella - glad to hear the IUI went well, great count!

ILuv - so sorry you are getting bad news :hugs: I don't know that I would jump to 'recurrent pregnancy loss' though. You have had two successful pregnancies. Only the one other loss between the two right? If you had never had a successful pregnancy or have a long history of miscarriage I could understand more but it seems they are jumping the gun to me. Perhaps they are just being overly cautious and/or trying to protect their success rates. You definitely don't have to have the testing if you don't want to. Talk to your old clinic and see what they have to say. :hugs:

Well there was a lady in there pregnant with #3 that had 3 losses after 2 kids and she had this balanced translocation thing so they are basing it on that. If the insurance covers the testing, we will do it. But we won't be able to afford the 5K to test each embryo on top of 10K for IVF if it comes back we do indeed have an issue. I am scared to death of the 2nd opinion.

MrsBear > Thanks :hugs:

URchin > Thanks a million, I cant wait for it to turn to PP (proven pregnant) :winkwink:

ILuv > A 2nd opinion is always scary but it is best for you to get one. :hugs: You are still unique and hope that you don’t have any problems.

AFM > The IUI went well, not sore at all. We had 30mil/ml with 100% motility and it had good progression. Didn’t get any cramping like the last two cycles, just achy ovaries since Tuesday but that is gone now. So I definitely O'd yesterday. Had acupuncture today and it was awesome as always. Not sure if I told you girls but im a POAS addict this cycle, I bought 12hpts and a digi. Started talking them today, so 11 to go :D You can follow the progression of the sticks on my journal.

Good luck to all yo lovely ladies waiting to O and to those in the TWW I pray it brings you a very well deserved BFP!!!!
:dust::dust::dust:

Yay Tella! FX you get that bfp!

ILuv, I would definitely get a second opinion. Also, if you can get somebody to watch your children, you can go out of country cheaper for the genetic tests and ivf if you so need or want it. Just a thought.

Care that is a great idea, i was comparing costs and comparatively we only pay $3750 for IVF wiht ICSI in South Africa

Is that including your meds Tella? We were seriously looking at going to Cape Town for ivf at one point. and your price was a lot cheaper than the price we were given at Cape Town.

We ended up going to Cancun and after having an amazing 3 week vacation, we paid only a little less than we would have for IVF with ICSI here. But the relaxation was well worth it.

Well im inland in Johannesburg and my Fertility Clinic gives an estimate of $3125 - $3750 all included except blood work, my medical aid will cover that. But that cant be more than $250.

Another friend said she got quoted $1825 for everything in Cape Town. I suppose you musnt say you from overseas :winkwink:

That all sounds very positive Tella - when do you start peeing on them sticks?? :winkwink:

Yay Tella! FX you get that bfp!

ILuv, I would definitely get a second opinion. Also, if you can get somebody to watch your children, you can go out of country cheaper for the genetic tests and ivf if you so need or want it. Just a thought.

Was that scary doing it so far away?? What are the costs of all the tickets and hotels??

Well im inland in Johannesburg and my Fertility Clinic gives an estimate of $3125 - $3750 all included except blood work, my medical aid will cover that. But that cant be more than $250.

Another friend said she got quoted $1825 for everything in Cape Town. I suppose you musnt say you from overseas :winkwink:

Wow! We get charged a fortune here!! That is a bargain!

MrsBear > Thanks :hugs:

URchin > Thanks a million, I cant wait for it to turn to PP (proven pregnant) :winkwink:

ILuv > A 2nd opinion is always scary but it is best for you to get one. :hugs: You are still unique and hope that you don’t have any problems.

AFM > The IUI went well, not sore at all. We had 30mil/ml with 100% motility and it had good progression. Didn’t get any cramping like the last two cycles, just achy ovaries since Tuesday but that is gone now. So I definitely O'd yesterday. Had acupuncture today and it was awesome as always. Not sure if I told you girls but im a POAS addict this cycle, I bought 12hpts and a digi. Started talking them today, so 11 to go :D You can follow the progression of the sticks on my journal.

Good luck to all yo lovely ladies waiting to O and to those in the TWW I pray it brings you a very well deserved BFP!!!!

Awesome motility!!!! Dh's has gotten real bad due to a varicocele so we are out with IUI's. Bummer! Good luck to you in the 2ww!!!!

Thank ILuv, It is alot cheaper here than there, and flights and accomodation cant be that expensive.

AFM > Nothing much, 2dpo - 10 to go till Beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->