IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Pink Lolly and Bastetgrrl - Saw your BFPs on other threads! So happy for you!! :yipee:

Equal - how are you doing? I saw your betas still going up in your signature, everything on track now I hope? :flower:

just a quick question,, did any of you ladies doo accupunture?
xx

I did acupuncture starting about a month before IVF. I did it once a week and then twice on the day of transfer (one before and one after).

It isn't for everyone but I found it really helped keep me relaxed throughout the whole process. There are also studies that show it really increases success rates. Even my RE recommends it and he pooh-poohs most of the other internet 'tips'.

iv been to see someone and she says i need to strt it 3 months bfore the ivf,,
its quite expensive tho, bit i think im gunna do it wen im bak from my holiday xx

Some of the acupuncturists tell you to start early like that but a report I found from a clinic in the US said it only needs to be a month prior and then do two the week of transfer (my acu advises 2 day of transfer). If you want to do it but cost is the issue I would start a month out like that clinic advises. Even if you can only do a couple of sessions during stims I think any can be beneficial.

I started acupuncture about 9 months before. I started so it would help me with my cycle and it did. I also had acupuncture right after my transfer and two weeks later. I read a study that said if you had a prenatal massage to get the blood flowing the day before transfer and acupuncture the day after, your chances were increased by --% (I can't remember the actual number, but I was impressed).

I would still be going except my husband and I spent all our extra money on our IVF trip and had to both take 3 weeks off work. So my budget for acupuncture and massage is non existent right now. Too bad, because it can really help with MS and headaches.

Smiledreamer > Im loving it, i find it relaxes me ALOT during this stressful time. I didnt do it with my first IUI and i could immediately pick up the difference between the 1st and the 2nd when i started.

It is very expensive when you go so often. I go 3times a week before O and twice a week after O. But i manage to arrange a better package deal with my lady. But i have a realy angel of a accupuncturist, love her to bits!

AFM > My Beta is back and it is negative.

All my tests since Sunday has also been negative and I have been reading up on the blue dye tests. They are renowned for creating false positives with a thin blue line which is actually the blue from the control line that runs over. I will never ever in my life by blue dyes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just wish we had FRER's in South Africa, I don’t understand why we have to be so far behind the rest of the world :mad:

So this is my plan of action:
Stop progesterone today
AF Saturday
CD3 Scan on Monday and start with meds
Acupuncture on Tuesday
Acupuncture on Thursday
Acupuncture on Saturday
CD9 Scan on Sunday ?????
Acupuncture on Monday
CD11 Scan on Tuesday
Acupuncture on Wednesday
Hopefully retrieval on the Thursday the 26th
Prenatal Massage on Monday to get blood flowing * Thanks for the tip care :hugs:
Transfer of my babies on Tuesday the 1st of May
Acupuncture on Wednesday
8-10 days bed rest (literally) Gonna watch lots of series
11 May get my BFP so I can tell my IVF success to everyone!

Teta, I am sorry for your bfn. :) I am glad you have a new plan though. How exciting! Praying this ivf will work the first try!

Hi all, just an update about me i will be doing clomid 200mg this cycle and hoping i get my bfp. No iui just at home insemination.

Tella - sorry for the BFN :hugs: Congrats on starting IVF though - the odds are so much higher and acu is supposed to increase them even more. FX you are first time lucky and we will be adding you to the BFP list soon :dust:

Sorry to hear about your bfn Tella. :( Good luck with ivf! You will get that bfp soon!!

Smiledreamer > Im loving it, i find it relaxes me ALOT during this stressful time. I didnt do it with my first IUI and i could immediately pick up the difference between the 1st and the 2nd when i started.

It is very expensive when you go so often. I go 3times a week before O and twice a week after O. But i manage to arrange a better package deal with my lady. But i have a realy angel of a accupuncturist, love her to bits!

AFM > My Beta is back and it is negative.

All my tests since Sunday has also been negative and I have been reading up on the blue dye tests. They are renowned for creating false positives with a thin blue line which is actually the blue from the control line that runs over. I will never ever in my life by blue dyes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just wish we had FRER's in South Africa, I don’t understand why we have to be so far behind the rest of the world :mad:

So this is my plan of action:
Stop progesterone today
AF Saturday
CD3 Scan on Monday and start with meds
Acupuncture on Tuesday
Acupuncture on Thursday
Acupuncture on Saturday
CD9 Scan on Sunday ?????
Acupuncture on Monday
CD11 Scan on Tuesday
Acupuncture on Wednesday
Hopefully retrieval on the Thursday the 26th
Prenatal Massage on Monday to get blood flowing * Thanks for the tip care :hugs:
Transfer of my babies on Tuesday the 1st of May
Acupuncture on Wednesday
8-10 days bed rest (literally) Gonna watch lots of series
11 May get my BFP so I can tell my IVF success to everyone!

Sounds like a good plan!

My consult with the new (old) place was pushed back to Thursday. Got my records and have them all copied. My mom has to work and is unable to come now. Hopefully I leave with good news!

Edamame > Thanks, I cant wait to get AF and start with IVF.

ILuv > Im glad to hear things are better between you and your mom. I cant wait to hear your great news and that you can start again!

AFM > Had accupuncture this morning and we are going big next week. We are doing accupuncture every day from Monday till Saturday to stimulated the eggies :dance: Hope I get lots of eggies that is great quality!

Just wanted to update: We're meeting with our doctor this afternoon to talk about ivf and what he recommends we do. We also bd like crazy this month when I got a positive on the opk just in case, so I'm 5dpo today. :) Pretty sure nothing is going to happen but wouldn't that be a miracle!

Edamame - you never know with ttc, you could be the lucky bfp before starting IVF :thumbup: Good luck at your consult. Either way you are on your way!

Tella - wow! that is a LOT of acupuncture! All worth it in the end though when you get that bfp :dust:

ILuv - good luck at your consult tomorrow. FX for lots of good news :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"