IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

ILuv, we paid $12,000 all together. But that includes staying at a very nice resort (all inclusive), extra meds because my body reacts different than most, direct flights, etc... We also had an international patient facilitator that drove us around so we didn't have to worry about buses or taxis. But we had an amazing, completely relaxing vacation. And I think the relaxation and stress relief helped with the outcome.

I wasn't too nervous because I had talked to others who went to the same clinic. And we had Sheri (our patient facilitator), whom I had spoke to for hours on the phone so I was very comfortable with her.

I think you can fly and stay/live in South Africa for around $3000-4000 (maybe less), so it is still a great deal.

ILuv, so sorry to hear about the costs. I agree with mrs bear, you only had 2 and they were not even consecutive. I know it's traumatic but it doesn't mean you have some problem. FYI, IVF is 7800 here in california.

Tella, good luck girl!!! When is your big test day?

I'd love to only pay $7800 for IVF!! At my clinic its almost 12K plus 3-5K in meds.... My insurance doesnt pay a penny! I would go out of state, but after time off work and cost of travel, it would equal about the same I think.

I'd love to only pay $7800 for IVF!! At my clinic its almost 12K plus 3-5K in meds.... My insurance doesnt pay a penny! I would go out of state, but after time off work and cost of travel, it would equal about the same I think.

MoBaby, where do you live? That sounds very steep. You should just take a trip to Cali for it. There are a lot of IVF clinics here, too so no wait. YOu snap, you start stims.

I wish IVF here was that price! Is that just for the IVF though? Funny how it's so different from state to state. ICSI really adds to the cost though and then the meds... it all adds up very quickly. We are looking at about $16,000 in Oregon.

ILuv, so sorry to hear about the costs. I agree with mrs bear, you only had 2 and they were not even consecutive. I know it's traumatic but it doesn't mean you have some problem. FYI, IVF is 7800 here in california.

Tella, good luck girl!!! When is your big test day?

I agree and I think that's why I am so sad hearing the news that something is wrong with me. I did find a site on miscarriages and it says that only 3% are caused by the karyotype genes that my RE wants to test me for. That says a lot!

That's what I think too. Then the cost of dh being off work, etc. We are in Ohio and with ICSI the new clinic quoted me almost 11K before meds. :nope:

I wish IVF here was that price! Is that just for the IVF though? Funny how it's so different from state to state. ICSI really adds to the cost though and then the meds... it all adds up very quickly. We are looking at about $16,000 in Oregon.

Ridiculous! Why can't insurance cover something?!?! I'm never gonna be happy with how the US handles things.

ILuv, we paid $12,000 all together. But that includes staying at a very nice resort (all inclusive), extra meds because my body reacts different than most, direct flights, etc... We also had an international patient facilitator that drove us around so we didn't have to worry about buses or taxis. But we had an amazing, completely relaxing vacation. And I think the relaxation and stress relief helped with the outcome.

I wasn't too nervous because I had talked to others who went to the same clinic. And we had Sheri (our patient facilitator), whom I had spoke to for hours on the phone so I was very comfortable with her.

I think you can fly and stay/live in South Africa for around $3000-4000 (maybe less), so it is still a great deal.

WOW!!! I think the unknown scares me though. How did you guys handle leaving work and such???

Care > That sounds awesome and I can imagine just makes the whole IVF process much less stressful!

Sunshine > My beta is on the 10th but im doing HPT's till then. Bought 12 and have done 3 so far. Posting them in my Journal.

Mobaby > Its true but you do have a holiday at the same time. So that is always a bonus!

MrsC > Im also going to go straight for ICSI if we go IVF not gonna even bother with normal IVF.

ILuv > We just pray you don’t have any of those things!!!! Our insurance nor NHS doesn’t cover any fertility treatment either so we pay for everything as well.

AFM > Not much to report! 3DPO and waiting :coffee:

In theory our NHS covers infertility treatment - the rules are that each woman is funded for up to 3 goes at IVF, except each PCT (Primary Care Trust) can choose to interpret that as they like, and most interpret it as 1 go
and then there are various people excluded:
anyone who already has a living child
anyone over 40

So, we had to fund ourselves privately, which was well over £6,000

all of mine is out of pocket too. no individual payer coverage through kaiser covers fertility

MoBaby, where do you live? That sounds very steep. You should just take a trip to Cali for it. There are a lot of IVF clinics here, too so no wait. YOu snap, you start stims.

Hey, I am in NC.... that is with ICSI. Its similar at all the RE clinics in the area. One clinic has that multiple cycle program which would probably be a little less But I am not to keen on the clinic (although my friend just got her BFP there) and I really like the RE at clinic I go to. IF I came to cali, tickets are around $800plus each so that adds another almost 2k to the total then time off work, etc so it ends up being similar in cost.

My clinic is about $8400 + meds so it isn't bad compared to others. It is connected to a med school so perhaps that is why it is lower. Adding icsi is only $1000 more. Weird how they are all priced so differently.

Hey Mrs Bear

Hope u and bubbas are ok. If you could update my profile. Am going for FET on April 23/24 as 1st fresh cycle failed in Feb

Just wanted to add my journal into my siggie! It details finding out and then the loss. My OB follow-up on Monday went well. She has no reason to believe this will happen again. I will be 32 in 2 weeks so I have some time. And now we wait.. consult with the other RE is April 11th.

ILuv - Glad to hear your OB isn't worried. I know it isn't easier to deal with the loss, but it is probably good you have time at only 32 so you don't feel pressured to rush back into things before you are ready. Hope you can get things sorted soon so when you are ready to go again you can get started without delays. :hugs:

Goldy - thanks for the update, I'll go fix you on page 1

Nothing much going on with me, all seems fine. Go to first regular OB appointment tomorrow and have only been once before to this office so will be an adjustment from my RE clinic for sure.

ILuv > Im so glad that your OB is not worried. And I think she is right! Good luck with the new RE on the 11th!

AFM > Not much, had acupuncture this morning and it was very strong. But it was lovely.

I am glad your doctor isn't worried ILuv! Great news. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->