IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Just wanted to share this with you ladies, it is proof that we should never give up!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/our-baby-dream-finally-came-true-785404

Wow! I couldn't imagine going through IVF 44 times! With so many advances in AC over the years I wonder if they would have had to wait so long these days. Success rates are much higher now than when they started in the late 80s. We are definitely lucky to live in a time when so much help and technology is available that is for sure.

Just wanted to share this with you ladies, it is proof that we should never give up!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/our-baby-dream-finally-came-true-785404

Whoa, that's crazy. but only 35k pounds for 44 times? it would have been a few hundred thousand dollars here. We are so resilient as humans.

Today I met with the lead RE in my previous clinic. I never saw him but always saw the partner. Since the other guy (jerk LOL) left, I got to see him! Very good appt!!!! He sat with me for over half an hour and went over my chart in detail. He said they took it in meetings with the team including the embryologists. Is that even a word???

He wants to try the maximum dose of Femara with Bravelle combo and an IUI. He thinks it will work with my PCOS and produce good results. Of course there is always the risk of me zooming up and having it cancelled. He said he wouldn't suggest it if he didn't think I had a good shot. He said and I quote "I'm not here to waste your time or your money". The only kicker is he will only give me the suppositories for progesterone and of course I'm scared. I asked him to do a one week check to see where it's at and he agreed.

So..... The plan is May or June!!!! He gave me a video on insulin resistance to watch and wants me to start following it. Gonna get out and start walking too.

I am keeping trying again extremely mum. I am telling you all and one other group. If I get pg, I wait at least 12 weeks to share. I can do this!! :)

Holy cow!!! I can't believe they did IVF so many times! EEK!!!!

iluv: sounds like you have a great re now! my friend with pco just did injectibles with iui and is pg . may/june is sooo close! af today for me (first in 8wks)....my clinic is off ivf in june so i have to wait 4 additional wks and go in july! EC around july 9 . start bcp with next af until june 24 then the new protocol. im not happy about the wait but i also dont want to rush. will have fx for you,

Iluv - so happy to hear you had such a positive appt with the new/old clinic :thumbup:. Totally understandable to keep things to yourself this cycle too. Not long now!

Mobaby - glad to hear you are finally going to be able to try again. I am sure the further delay is frustrating but it really isn't so far away. A countdown ticker really helped me during my 2 1/2 month wait to start ivf.

Sending lots of :dust: to you both!!!

Equal - I don't know if you are on this thread or on bnb these days or not but I just wanted to say how very sorry I am to hear of your loss and ectopic surgery. There are no words... :cry: :hugs:

Mobaby-Waiting sucks!! I need to wait to see what my beta is next week and then I have some back pain I am trying to get looked at. They prescribed me Tramadol and so far it's done nothing. I can't wait for this summer for us!!! :)

Mrs. Bear-It's gonna fly!! :)

Equal - I don't know if you are on this thread or on bnb these days or not but I just wanted to say how very sorry I am to hear of your loss and ectopic surgery. There are no words... :cry: :hugs:

Oh no, I hadn't seen that! So awful and unfair!:nope:

ILuv > :wohoo: I glad you have a new plan of action and can get started soon again!

Mobaby > GL with the wait but it will be worth it!

AFM >
:wohoo: :happydance: :wohoo:

I'm so happy, AF came a day earlier so had my CD3 scan early this morning and everything looked great! Had lots of small follies on each size! So doc gave me the all OK to start the meds for the IVF, I'm on Lucrin in the morning for surpression and 225IU Menopur in the afternoon for 7days (cd3-9), Follie scan next Sunday @ 8am to see when we trigger and schedule the retrieval for :dance2: and she said at my age they most of the time do a 5dt. :dance2:

Last night I was at my mom's bday party and a lady took my wedding ring and a piece of string. Placed it on my left palm and holds it very still. Then the ring started to swing, it indicated a very strong boy and then a girl and then another boy. But she said the girl was so quickly after the boy it might mean twins. Then once it stops dead still its over. And we tested it on everyone that already had their kids and it was spot on, its crazy but cool! So I'm in for twins :winkwink: even DH had the exact same order and strenght in swing. If it swings in a line, its a boy and if it turns in a circle its a girl, if you wanna try it for fun :lol:

Just thought I would let you know that FET is for wed 4/18. Lining is 13 already so its a go. Just hoping for a BFP this time........:)

good luck desperate - not long now!!! :dust:

Tella - my sister did that on my when I was a teenager and it said a boy then 4 girls then another boy. I suspect she did it wrong though since I can't imagine having 6 after 38!!! :argh: :haha:

deserate > GL with the FET on wednesday!!!!

MrsBear > :haha: that will be quite a challenge. Maybe now that you are married it will give a more accurate reading.

ILuv > I think anyone can do it, as long as you hold still.

AFM > 6 more injections to go of Menopur and 7 Lucrin. Im super excited and cant wait to see how many eggies i have on Sunday! Im doing accu every morning for the next week :thumbup: She said we will most probably do the retrieval between the 24th and the 26th.

Desperate, good luck with your FET Wednesday!!!!

Tella, awesome!

Equal, if you read this, I am so incredibly sorry. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"