IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Thanks girls, just one question. Could you feel your ovaries when on the meds? Mine is kinda twitching every now and then.

AFM > Another 2 injections down, but I must say my stomach is starting to hurt where I inject and I still have like 11 to go :wacko: It feels like when you are bruised.

Tella, I could feel mine while stimming. I am always hyper aware of my left ovary though. They didn't hurt bad until retrieval (but I had complications) and then they were better until I was pregnant.

I had a pretty big bruise from the menpour (sp?) injections, but not from the cetrotide (but the cetrotide gave me hives/welts). They don't last nearly as long as the progesterone in oil injections though. Those got to be hell but were well worth it. Do you know if you will be having progesterone injections, suppositories (I had both), or oral?

Thanks girls, just one question. Could you feel your ovaries when on the meds? Mine is kinda twitching every now and then.

AFM > Another 2 injections down, but I must say my stomach is starting to hurt where I inject and I still have like 11 to go :wacko: It feels like when you are bruised.

Oh yes, you will feel your ovaries. I could feel them after only a couple days of stims and then you feel them more the further you go as the follies get bigger. Are you moving where you inject? Don't inject in the same spot, mix it up. I had some bruise and some I barely noticed the shot, even as I was doing it.

can I join here? I'll be starting all my bloodwork/hsg this month and then going onto IUI this summer. I'm so excited and can't wait to get that bfp. :)

i found that the cetrotide itched but i didnt get welts or redness just itchy. and yes i felt the ovaries, even worse the day of trigger and a day or so after. bloaty ick.not pain just huge.

slightly crampy off and on over the last few days. one of the cycles i had this for a week and got excited and then bam af.. trying to stay hopeful. ive had some heartburn too for the last 2 days. still waiting til thurs to test though (14dpiui)

Care > Im not physically bruised it just feels like it around the injections spots. You can see the little red spots where i have injected but that is it.

Im so scared of the PIO shots, i dont know what we will be using. On my second IUI i asked if i can change from sups to injections and she said no, they only use it for IVF, so i assume i will be on them :cry: i have read so many good things about combining the two so im gonna ask the nurse on Sunday.

MrsBear > Ive been injecting below my belly button area, in the morning on the left and in the evening on the right. But never in the exact same spot

Im using Lucrin in the morning, but that is the easiest shot ever, wish they were all like that.

IM currently on day 3 of stims and im starting to feel my ovaries more and more. Fx'd for a good amount of healthy eggs.

can I join here? I'll be starting all my bloodwork/hsg this month and then going onto IUI this summer. I'm so excited and can't wait to get that bfp. :)

:hi: Welcome, hope you get your bfp soon, who knows maybe the HSG does its job and you dont need IUI!

Tella-Oh yea you can feel them!!! By the time I was ready for retrieval this past IVF, I was hurting so bad and couldn't button my jeans. Then I was throwing up and nauseus from it all. UG!

ILuv > Wow that’s is crazy, today they have been fine. Normally in the afternoon they are more "there" than in the morning.

AFM > Not much, 2 more injections down. 8 to go! Starting to get headaches and being emotional at times. DH was beyond sweet last night. He went for a massage whilst I went for Acupuncture, and when we got home he just gave me a hug and I started crying. There is just a lot im trying to sort out before my transfer. So he tells me to go fetch my pillows and lay on the couch and relax. So I go to the room and as I pick my top pillow up, there is the cutest teddy ever that he bought for me. Then the tears started rolling properly. He didn’t even know I was upset before the time but yet he just knew :hugs2:

Thought I'd best pop in and let you know how I'm doing - which is not very well
I seem to have/have had a combination of things that have been conspiring to make me utterly miserable.

Easter Sunday I was worried about my temps (102F) so I went to the walk-in clinic, who sent me to the hospital. I thought I had a chest infection, they thought it wasn't that and found I had a bladder infection. So they gave me anti-biotics and sent me home
All last week I was grim - antis finally started to tackle my temps, but my chest is horrid - I've coughed so much that I've pulled every muscle I have, and it's all so very sore.
The coughing has also been making me very sick - to the point of dehydration and so on Monday I ended up back in hospital with keytones in my urine.

The lovely Dr I saw gave me some anti-sickness tabs and some Ranitidine to stop the heartburn, to try and help me keep some water down.

But I have been so worried about Eenie - I know high temps are very bad for small babies and I've been stressing so much about what might be going on in there.
When I told the lovely Dr at the hospital, she brought us downstairs with her after we'd finished and even though she had finished her shift, took us to one of the ultrasound rooms for a sneaky scan ... where we heard Eenie's heartbeat good and strong. Can't tell you how relieved we both are

So, I'm resting up at home, trying to shake off the last of the chest infection - temps are still going up to 100F but no higher, so I'm not worried about that.... and it appears that my asthma is back, which I last had 18 years ago!

So that's me and my tale of woe (when the GP asked me what was wrong on Monday I replied 'I'm a small heap of misery ) I'm absolutely shattered and sleeping up to 20 hours a day - but I think the new meds are kicking in and I'm starting to be able to keep things down

Urch, hope you feel better quickly!!!! But im glad to hear you and eenie is doing ok and that you soon wil be back to your normal self!

https://graphics.comments.funmunch.com/get-well-soon/get-well-soon-comment-021.gif

ah I wish it would be that simple with the hsg! I have pcos, so unfortunately the hsg won't do much in allowing me to conceive naturally. I've been up all night looking up insurance information. Wow, this is confusing! How is everyone?

AFM > Not much, 2 more injections down. 8 to go! Starting to get headaches and being emotional at times. DH was beyond sweet last night. He went for a massage whilst I went for Acupuncture, and when we got home he just gave me a hug and I started crying. There is just a lot im trying to sort out before my transfer. So he tells me to go fetch my pillows and lay on the couch and relax. So I go to the room and as I pick my top pillow up, there is the cutest teddy ever that he bought for me. Then the tears started rolling properly. He didn’t even know I was upset before the time but yet he just knew :hugs2:

Tella, being an emotional mess is the name of the game during IVF. Between all the stress of it and the hormones it is a wonder our DHs can stand us :winkwink:. So glad your DH is being so supportive for you. And just remember that everything you are feeling is 100% normal. :hugs: Not long now! :thumbup:

Urch - So sorry you have been feeling so badly but glad to hear you are on the mend and eenie is ok. I was worried when we hadn't seen you on the boards lately :hugs:. I know I was terrified when I was sick that it would hurt the babies and I know you must be super reassured after that scan. Thank goodness for nice Dr to do that for you :thumbup:. Hope you are back to 100% soon :flower:

It is indeed mighty reassuring to have heard the HB again - I had become so worried that my fever had done awful things to him/her ... but it seems that Eenie is a wee fighter :dance:

ah I wish it would be that simple with the hsg! I have pcos, so unfortunately the hsg won't do much in allowing me to conceive naturally. I've been up all night looking up insurance information. Wow, this is confusing! How is everyone?

It won't do a darn thing is right! I hate when people tell me....well after this you will get pg on your own. How dumb are they? :nope:

Urchin-They are fighters in-utero for sure! Hope you are feeling better soon!! :)

I hate when people tell me to relax, or let it happen maturely. Umm lm single without a doc and a syringe of sperm there is no baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->