IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

I hate when people tell me to relax, or let it happen maturely. Umm lm single without a doc and a syringe of sperm there is no baby

Yup, relaxing doesn't magically make me ovulate on my own either. It is amazing what people don't 'get' sometimes. It's like they don't know what to say so instead of saying nothing they say stuff like that.

My (very fertile friend) friend keeps telling me that she's sure it'll happen soon and I won't need treatment. yeah, after 2 and a half years of trying my, body will magically fix itself. People really have no idea

Hope you are feeling much better soon Urchin! So glad to hear little Eenie is doing well!

Yeah, relaxing didn't do much for my depleted egg supplies either!

Hi everyone. Day one of tww. Had fet yesterday. One was6 cell and one had gotten to 8 cell. Hopeful for my bfp. Praying for good outcomes.

desperate > Fx'd they are already getting cosy in there and that you will get taht bfp in 2 weeks.

AFM > Not much happening, Im more aware of my kidneys the last 18hrs. And my ovaries every now and them. Two more injections done and dusted, 7 to go :dance: Only 3 more days till my scan, im super excited.

desperate - yay for being PUPO! :yipee: Now relax and put your feet up while they snuggle in tight :dust:

Tella - for me usually by the end on both my IUIs and IVF it hurt to go to the bathroom because the ovaries were so big and sore that everything bothered them

Edamame - how did your consult go?

Bfn of course. Trying to decide if I want to waste the money on a beta. It is extremely unlikely that a day 14 is neg and yet I'm still preg. I've tried fooling myself into that before. Now I'm going to have to deal with telling the clinic I want free rounds etc. and picking a new donor, sigh. I really thought id be joining you bfps this month.

So sorry drsquid :hugs: My clinic never did betas except for with IVF. I think you are fine to skip that if you prefer not to go through it and spend the money. It isn't as if the clinic will pick up the cost after all. Hang in there. It will be your turn soon :hugs:

got the beta after all... doc backpedaled a lot on how bad the sperm was. he kept saying it wasnt optimal but unlikely to be the reason for failure. it is so bizarre. i make tons of eggs etc. so either they are all just bad or? who knows. going to do one more injectible round then on to ivf

great news today... I found out that I have no cap on my fertility medication coverage! So My insurance is AMAZING

got the beta after all... doc backpedaled a lot on how bad the sperm was. he kept saying it wasnt optimal but unlikely to be the reason for failure. it is so bizarre. i make tons of eggs etc. so either they are all just bad or? who knows. going to do one more injectible round then on to ivf

Amazing how fast he changed his tune, guess he doesn't want to admit Amy possibility of fault on their part. Hopefully next one will be better and it will not be an issue. If you do end up going to ivf the odds are way higher so one way or another I know you will get there :hugs:

great news today... I found out that I have no cap on my fertility medication coverage! So My insurance is AMAZING

Yay for coverage!

Well he also kept saying that odds even with ivf aren't great at my age etc. I need someone with more confidence in "older" women. I'm going to do this cycle and get a consult at another clinic for ivf. Their embryologist quit so they can't do transfers and I'd have to go to the other clinic anyway.

desperate - yay for being PUPO! :yipee: Now relax and put your feet up while they snuggle in tight :dust:

Tella - for me usually by the end on both my IUIs and IVF it hurt to go to the bathroom because the ovaries were so big and sore that everything bothered them

Edamame - how did your consult go?

Yay desperate!! Go babies go!

Drsquid- sorry to hear. Hope you can have a better experience next time!

AFM- The meeting went well! The doc thinks we should try at least once with a different drug, femara, and then go to IVF. So, we are going to take one more month off, then femara, then IVF. That works with our work schedules and gives us more time to save for the IVF process. In the meantime, my husband and I are running and working out and doing weight watchers- we're both a bit overweight right now and the doctor recommended that I try and lose as much as I can before we start stimming, to give any embryos the best chance and also to avoid problems once I'm pregnant.

I started spotting at 9dpo this month, and was really hoping that it was implantation bleeding. But I've been spotting every day (five days now) and AF is due tomorrow or Saturday, so not much hope left for that. Oh well, I'm just so happy to have a plan and goal for the end of June!!

DrSquid - it's good that you have a plan to work to, otherwise fertility treatments can just become endless. One more go, then on to IVF sounds like you have things pretty sorted, and as Mrs Bear said, the odds with IVF really are a whole lot higher. I'll keep everything crossed for you xx

Helena - that's good news ... it's good to know that finances won't be holding you back :thumbup:

Edamame - another one with a plan, I likes it :D

AFM I'm definitely rejoining the world of the living - but I'm still going to take another week off work to make sure I've recovered fully, otherwise I could see a swift relapse on the horizon :(

Drsquid - how old are you? I can't remember :blush:. I agree that you definitely need an re that believes in you. Might be worth your while to go ahead and talk to the other clinic so you don't have a delay if you end up doing ivf. Question: if your clinic doesn't have an embryologist who does your sperm wash?? The embryologist does it at mine.

Edamame - yay for a plan! I was on femera some. Symptoms are typically less than clomid and there is lower risk of multiples. It also isn't supposed to thin your lining like clomid. Are you on progesterone in the tww? If not ask your Dr about it. With spotting like you describe you might need it.

Urchin - glad you are doing better. I think its a good idea to take another week off. You definitely don't want to backslide :thumbup:

MrsBear > so far going to the bathroom hasn’t hurt, but my kidneys are sore so in result I have back pain. Trying to get to 2l of water but im struggling :dohh:

drsquid > :hugs: I hope this one is gonna be your bfp cycle. If you have to go through IVF, I would also say rather change, it is bad as it is very convenient for you there but the results and better clinic is more worth it.

Helena > WOW that is amazing, I wish we had that in SA, we get no cover at all. None of our insurances will cover fertility in the country.

Desperate > Congrats on being PUPO, not to long then I will be joining you!!!!! When I your OTD?

Edamame > Femara was much better for me than Clomid!!! Hope it is your miracle drug and brings a bfp!!! Enjoy the exercising, it helps a lot to deal with all of this. Sorry about the spotting, but it is still possible so don’t count yourself out. Stay away AF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Urchin > Great to hear you feeling better, but I agree rest is the best thing for you!

AFM > :wohoo: just 2 more days till my scan!!! im super excited to hear when the retrieval is and how many eggies I have! My kidneys are killing me at the moment, so im trying hard to drink 2l of water a day.

Another Q - For how long did you guys take the PIO shots? Did they move you over to vaginal ones after Beta?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->