IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

I stayed on pio 12 weeks. I could gave switched to vaginal crinone gel earlier but it made me feel crampy so I opted to play it safe and go back to shots after 2 days.

Im petrified of the shots :haha: So i just called the doctor that is about 2 blocks from my home and asked if they will do it for me. He said it is fine, he will only charge me 1 consultation fee for all the injections of the 2 weeks. THen i will see if the FS puts me over to vaginal progesterone or not, if not then i will take it from there.

If the shot isnt that bad, then i will attempt doing it myself after the 2 weeks.

DH did all mine so it was easier. Glad they are willing to do it for you :thumbup:. Policy on switching varies from clinic to clinic and some women are never on pio. I would think you could switch earlier than 12 if you asked to and your levels were ok.

I will find all of this out on Sunday :dance:

My DH will pass out, he will never be able to inject me. He cant even look when im doing the stims. :haha:

im 39 (just turned in march). i buy the sperm washed already. i want to talk to my friend at the gym cause her friend is an re who trained at ucsf and recommended a specific clinic and i wanna know what she said about the other one which is closer to me. both have good numbers etc. and the one closer to me is where id be going anyway if i stayed at the clinic im at now. the other one is in san francisco which would be difficult for me to get to if annything ends up on a work day

im 39 (just turned in march). i buy the sperm washed already. i want to talk to my friend at the gym cause her friend is an re who trained at ucsf and recommended a specific clinic and i wanna know what she said about the other one which is closer to me. both have good numbers etc. and the one closer to me is where id be going anyway if i stayed at the clinic im at now. the other one is in san francisco which would be difficult for me to get to if annything ends up on a work day

Well, if it makes you feel better, I was 38 for my IVF in Jan and turn 39 in August. So don't let them act like you have no chance because of your age :flower:. My clinic's published IVF success for our age bracket is in the 25-30% range but at my transfer the RE said he would put my change at 40-50% for one and 25% for two. So regardless of the published rates yours could definitely be higher. (Our odds for IUI were lower because we were using DHs frozen sperm for most and he didn't thaw well, probably 5% odds at best)

Hope you get a good report from the re your friend knows. Your time will come :hugs:

I'm really hopeful that this round works with functional sperm. I really don't think it is me. I make 2 follicles on oral meds and like 5 or more mature on the injections. I really don't want to have to do ivf cause it is tough with work

I'm really hopeful that this round works with functional sperm. I really don't think it is me. I make 2 follicles on oral meds and like 5 or more mature on the injections. I really don't want to have to do ivf cause it is tough with work

Sounds like you make eggs fine (I had trouble with that) so FX it is just a matter of time then :flower:

I am starting menopur in May and going to attempt IUI again. I am not very hopeful but fingers are crossed. We are going to get our meds online the doc is ordering 30 vials, I hope that will be enough. I am going to have progesterone bloods done on monday and I should start provera on tuesdays so I am hoping to start injections by maybe May 9ish. I did the calculations and kif all goes right I should find out if I am going to be a mom by June 12, which is my bday!

My new RE doesn't think I need the PIO shots and I'm freaking out! I've bombed soooo many IUI's due to short lp on the suppositories. Then the kicker was I lost our first IVF baby due to progesterone failure. Again I bled right through the suppositories. So I have zero faith in them. I just cannot lose another baby again....

Another Q - For how long did you guys take the PIO shots? Did they move you over to vaginal ones after Beta?

I did 12 weeks with DS and was 9 weeks into it with the baby I lost. They do 12 weeks here and will NOT switch you once you start.

My new RE doesn't think I need the PIO shots and I'm freaking out! I've bombed soooo many IUI's due to short lp on the suppositories. Then the kicker was I lost our first IVF baby due to progesterone failure. Again I bled right through the suppositories. So I have zero faith in them. I just cannot lose another baby again....

Will they not give them to you even if you want it? Even if they don't think you need it, it won't hurt and if for peace of mind alone it will help you.

I am starting menopur in May and going to attempt IUI again. I am not very hopeful but fingers are crossed. We are going to get our meds online the doc is ordering 30 vials, I hope that will be enough. I am going to have progesterone bloods done on monday and I should start provera on tuesdays so I am hoping to start injections by maybe May 9ish. I did the calculations and kif all goes right I should find out if I am going to be a mom by June 12, which is my bday!

Welcome back! :hi: fx may is your month :dust:

Will they not give them to you even if you want it? Even if they don't think you need it, it won't hurt and if for peace of mind alone it will help you.

He argues it will be sky high and I won't need it. But I honestly am going to be so stressed if the numbers are bad and it will be too late. He says if I insist he will do a progesterone check one week after ovulation. But if it's low, isn't it too late at that point to try and supplement???

welcome back no-regrets ... hope all goes according to plan for you xxx

I'm afraid I don't know the answer iluv - but I really hope you can get your progesterone levels sorted out

Luv, I don't really know, they just routinely put people on progesterone after ac at my clinic. Iuis I had vaginal and ivf was pio. Keep bringing it up and show him how much it worries you. Hopefully that will show him you are serious. With your history it isn't like you don't have a reason to want it.

If he refuses, any way you could get some on your own and use it anyway? I think it is only $30 or so a vial.

Luv, I don't really know, they just routinely put people on progesterone after ac at my clinic. Iuis I had vaginal and ivf was pio. Keep bringing it up and show him how much it worries you. Hopefully that will show him you are serious. With your history it isn't like you don't have a reason to want it.

If he refuses, any way you could get some on your own and use it anyway? I think it is only $30 or so a vial.

Well...I have refills from the last pregnancy I could fill and use. It's $200 for 4 vials! EEK!!! But if I don't get pregnant, I'm screwed and they might think I had a great lp without any help. It's a double edged sword. I'll keep pushing for them to let me have it. :winkwink:

HI girls, :flow:

Just a quick update from me :happydance: I had my follie scan this morning and had 8 on the left hand side and 6 on the right hand side, so 14 in total. The biggest on the left was 16mm and 17mm on the right. My lining is 11mm so the doctor is thrilled with my response.

I have to take one more dose of Menopur 150IU tonight and then trigger tomorrow night with two ovidrel for retrieval 36hrs later on Wednesday. Have to be at the clinic at 6am. :dance:

I'm very happy to hear everything is going exactly like it should. We are aiming for 5dt and they will do ICSI on at least 50% but he said their policy is if there is any signs that natural insemination might be a problem they always then opt for ICSI.

On the progesterone side of things, they also do a combination. So vaginally daily and PIO every second or third day. And then Beta 8day past 5dt or 10days pas 3dt.

They only freeze blasts, nothing less so only the strong ones will be frozen.

morning Tella - that sounds very positive!
I shall keep everything crossed for you for Wednesday - go eggies go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->