IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Luv - well, you could always use them if you decide to and then tell him after so they know the truth if you go to another cycle. Go with your gut and do what you think is best.

Tella - it is sounding awesome! Not long now :happydance:

tella- yay. have my fingers crossed for you =) talked to my doc a bit about ivf. apparnelty at my age they do only 2day transfers cause there is too high of a risk of having no 5 day. makes me nervous.

talked to my doc a bit about ivf. apparnelty at my age they do only 2day transfers cause there is too high of a risk of having no 5 day. makes me nervous.

I did a 5 day transfer and had 6 total eventually make it to blast (though none to freeze). Don't let them scare you off because of your age. Sounds like it might be in your best interest to switch clinics for good asap if he has so little faith that anything will work. It is hard enough without a Dr that is pessimistic. :growlmad:

drsquid-There was a lady here that because of age and having a baby already that had a 2 day transfer. She ended up pregnant first try! I personally have never heard of a transfer that early.

Mrs. Bear-Thank you! I will for sure go with my gut. :)

looked up online the idea of 2-3 transfer vs 5 day and apparently stats arent that different. quite honestly despite being in science my biggest concern with ivf is that there is some damage done that we dont know about while being in the petri dish. i know that sounds kind of crazy. i ialso know there are higher risks of identicals with 5 day blasts. apparently the idea is that 5 days are great if there are a lot of fertilized eggs but if there are only a few then a 2-3 day transfer makes more sense because they will do better inside than out (ie embryos that might not be strong enough to make it to 5 days invitro are ok invivo.) given that studies have shown no real difference in success rates id be ok with early transfer (depending of course on how many eggs there are etc). still hoping this wont be an issue and iui will work.

looked up online the idea of 2-3 transfer vs 5 day and apparently stats arent that different. quite honestly despite being in science my biggest concern with ivf is that there is some damage done that we dont know about while being in the petri dish. i know that sounds kind of crazy. i ialso know there are higher risks of identicals with 5 day blasts. apparently the idea is that 5 days are great if there are a lot of fertilized eggs but if there are only a few then a 2-3 day transfer makes more sense because they will do better inside than out (ie embryos that might not be strong enough to make it to 5 days invitro are ok invivo.) given that studies have shown no real difference in success rates id be ok with early transfer (depending of course on how many eggs there are etc). still hoping this wont be an issue and iui will work.

It's true that some embryos do better inside than out. Although my RE said that a strong embryo no matter what it is put through, will survive. Then I think of my last pregnancy.... I really don't think it's anything I did although it's hard not to place blame. They likely had a chromosome problem and when that particular chromosome set was coming into place, the baby went. I did a lot of reading on it just so I could try and make sense of it all.

I had day 3 transfer DrS ... which is how my clinic generally does things.
If you have loads of fertilised eggs then they may want to take them to blast stage, but with only a few (we had 4) there is a chance of some dying every day ... and as others have said, embies are better in than out!

So, I wouldn't worry if they are saying day 2/3 transfer ... I would just make sure they are prepared to put back more than 1

My FS also explained the 3dt and 5dt the same. IF you have healthy ones and lots it goes to 5dt and if there is only few they put them back day 3.

Only 2 more days then my eggies are out and ready to become embies for us for Sunday to transfer back. :dance:

:dance: Soon i will be apart of your IVF Baby Club!!! :dance:

Just a question for all those FET's. 5dp3dt had slight pressure and cramping on day 3 and day 4 but this morning nothing. On crinone 2x per day. Still chance of bfp and no symptoms yet, right? Thanks.

I didn't have an FET but my cramping was only on a couple days. I want to say either 2-3 or 3-4. My only other symptoms was that my OHSS got so bad. So I don't think lack of symptoms says much one way or the other. Definitely still in the running for your BFP :thumbup:

DrS - there is definitely still success with a 2day transfer. The main thing is that they can't really tell which will be the strongest at that stage so most places prefer to wait if there are enough embies. I've seen success with 2 day on bnb so it is definitely possible. Usually the 2day I hear about only have a couple embies to work with so they transfer early. If you had enough embies I would hope they would give them time to develop longer instead. FX your IUI works and you won't have to worry about it though.

I just wish your RE wasn't so pessimistic with you - it irritates me on your behalf :flower:

Crap crap crap. 2.3cm cyst on one side and a small one on the other. So no stims for me. I am going to Philly at the end of may so I'd have to miss 2 cycles which I don't want to do. New plan, us Monday to see if I'm growing a follicle despite the cysts then do an unmedicated cycle. If that doesn't work I'd have to skip a cycle anyway for ivf so... Now if I don't grow a follicle... And I have to skip this cycle entirely.. I'm pondering skipping the trip home. Tickets were pretty cheap and al though I know my parents would be sad, I think id just stress the whole time about how I should be cycling etc. I'm 39, I don't have time to step back and just take months off.

Crap crap crap. 2.3cm cyst on one side and a small one on the other. So no stims for me. I am going to Philly at the end of may so I'd have to miss 2 cycles which I don't want to do. New plan, us Monday to see if I'm growing a follicle despite the cysts then do an unmedicated cycle. If that doesn't work I'd have to skip a cycle anyway for ivf so... Now if I don't grow a follicle... And I have to skip this cycle entirely.. I'm pondering skipping the trip home. Tickets were pretty cheap and al though I know my parents would be sad, I think id just stress the whole time about how I should be cycling etc. I'm 39, I don't have time to step back and just take months off.

Go on BCP to time the cycle. It will help suppress things so the cyst will go away and will allow you to time things around your trip :thumbup: I used BCP several times either for cyst or to adjust timing how we needed it. It shouldn't affect how well you respond to meds.

drsquid-So sorry to hear about the cyst and the set-back :(

desperate-I cramped for a week after mine and still got a BFP! :)

Damn and buggeration DrS!
sometimes it just feels like our bodies are conspiring against us :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"