IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Drsq > I think MrsBear has the best advise on this. That way you know you dont have to lose another month for preping for IVF.

AFM > No meds today :happydance: 15hrs to go till my ER! I cant wait to find out how many they get and how they doing by Friday!

Tella - almost there!!! :happydance: What is awesome about you being in South Africa is I don't have to wait around all day for results :haha: :thumbup:

Wow, time is going by fast. Good luck Tella!

Dr.S sorry about the cyst, but Mrs.B is right. I went on BCP before my IVF and I was on it for years when I was 15+ for cysts. It makes things so much easier when cycling. I hated going on it because I still wanted to try naturally, but in the end it was the best thing to do.

I have to go by work today anyway so hopefully I'll run into the doc (if not
I'll hunt him down). He didn't suggest bcp and in reading online apparently there is some degree of disagreement about whether it does anything for cysts. I'm working everyday the week that Er would have to be. Do you have to be sedated? Could I go for the hour or whatever and go back to work? Unfortunately my best bet in terms of time off would
Be skipping this cycle and then doing ivf next cycle instead of going home cause that week would be the week of Er. Just torn

DrS - You would definitely need at least the day of ER off because of the sedation and most likely the day after. It all depends on how many eggs they get and how you respond as to the pain/discomfort after. Some women are back to work next day and others take several days off.

There is debate on whether BCP shrink the cyst but they will suppress your cycle so you aren't likely to have another one by the time you are ready to start. You can also take them continuously to help time your cycle - meaning take them 4-5 weeks without taking the placebos to set up timing for your cycle at a more convenient time. So if ER would otherwise fall a week you are working or the week you want to go home for a visit you can take BCP an extra week or whatever to have it fall another week. Though keep in mind it is hard for them to predict when ER will really be as some women stim longer than others.

drsquid-They definitely sedate you for the retrieval and you would need to go home and rest a day or two.

Tella-So exciting! You nervous at all? I think I was all 3 times but it really isn't that bad. :)

Hi girls, update from my phone.

All went well! We retrieved 12 eggs from my 14 follies. Will only hear from the clinic on Friday @ 11am about the progress of my beans! I will pray for them every night, to grow and become stronger every day! Also transfer will be confirmed on Friday! But so far I think its gonna be Sunday!

Tella - yay for 12! :yipee: 10-12 is really the ideal number in most studies I have looked at so you are looking picture perfect so far :thumbup: Can't wait to hear your fertilization report. I can't remember, did you do ICSI?

Thoughts are with you on Bastetgrrl!!!

We requested 50/50 but the fs said that if it looks like there might be a problem with normal then they do icsi on all.

Sounds good Tella :thumbup: I wish they had ICSI'd more of ours but with so many I guess they felt safe at 50%. Glad they kept close watch on yours and are going to do them all :happydance: Can't wait to hear tomorrow's report

Hi ladies, long time. I've been going through a lot with work. I'm feeling much better physically these days and have started working out (a wee bit). Looks like a lot's happening here!

Tella, so excited for you! ER....I still remember that day and actually am tearing up as I think about that. Things happen so slowly, yet so quickly. I can't explain it but I cannot wait till you're pregnant!

Drsquid, I did BCP to try and reduce my cyst (it is actually just a corpus luteum left over) and after 3 weeks of it, it was still there, we ignored it and continued with IVF. Dr said as long as your estrogen levels are low, it shows that the cyst is not producing hormones and should not affect your IVF drugs.

Care, you've grown! We're in our 2nd trimester now, can you believe it? :hug:

Miss you guys!

Thanks Sunshine, I must say when I look back things are happening quickly but if I look forward it feels like an eternity.

I will only get feedback on my eggs Friday, so 42hrs to go :coffee: (rooibos tea)

Tella - I don't know why I think today is Thursday... wishful thinking I guess :haha:

Sunshine - Hi :wave: Glad you are feeling better!

tella- congrats =) fingers crossed they all make excellent beans

ive never made cysts before in my life so this is new for me. im getting pinching in my right groin so hopefully that is the cyst giving up the ghost. part of the problem with taking the pill is that i already have depression issues, the pill has always made it worse

Yaaaay Tella! :dance:
12 eggs is a good haul - and just think, they are making sweet petri love as we speak!

Can't wait for your updates :thumbup:

Big hugs for bastetg :hugs:

AFM - I had my second midwife appointment today and she dopplered me. I'm pleased to report that Eenie's HB was a very respectable 148 bpm :dance:

Sunshine!!!!!!!!! where ya been?
Good to see you chikkie xxx

she had mc with d&c today :( sooo sorry girlie, please pm me to talk/rant/whatever. prayers forhealing.

tella: great day for you! youbwill be pupo soon!

Sorry that I've been MIA but like MoBaby I've had a rough few weeks and ending with a d&c today and haven't been on these threads much.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll continue to read the posts and pray for everyone but might not respond much. Just need some time.

Urch - glad your appt went well and yay for a strong heartbeat. Lots would probably say that number means boy but my sister had twin girls and neither was ever higher than that so who knows :shrug:

Bastetgrrl - hope you don't mind me updating the ladies :hugs: Even though not everyone posts on the thread much I try to update as I see things in other threads or in signatures because I know a lot of you are still reading. I hope after today you can start healing :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->