IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Tella-Wahoo!!! I bet you can't wait for Monday! Although the anxiety of wondering how the embies are doing always got to me. The first clinic gave me daily updates. This last place told me nothing until I called and begged!

We just found out we are expecting triplets:baby::baby::baby: after our 4th transfer (second FET) Obviously this may change at any point naturally, but as of now, it is where we stand.

Beta numbers in Sig. Was due 12/25/12 but obviously with 3 (if they stay) it will be much much earlier). Gambled and got bit. Still thrilled and hoping for the best.

Wow! triplets! You're going to have your hands full :D

Hope everything goes well with your pregnancy hon xxx

Congrats CanAmFam!!!! I dodged that bullet myself since #3 inplanted but stopped developing by about the time we got the BFP. I can't imagine what my DH would have said if we actually ended up with triplets. He'd have been floored! A college friend had triplets just over a year ago and all 3 came home safe. I want to say she delivered around 29 weeks and was on bedrest near the end. All you can do is do your best to keep them cooking as long as possible. They do great things these days in helping the early babies. :thumbup:

congrats! :) wow! id love twins but triplets! def gonna have your hands full :)

We just found out we are expecting triplets:baby::baby::baby: after our 4th transfer (second FET) Obviously this may change at any point naturally, but as of now, it is where we stand.

Beta numbers in Sig. Was due 12/25/12 but obviously with 3 (if they stay) it will be much much earlier). Gambled and got bit. Still thrilled and hoping for the best.

Holy cow!!!! Congrats to you!!!

ILuv > Yes I am thrilled, but same as you the waiting to find out about my embies is the worst. I also only got one update and then I have to wait till Monday for the transfer to hear anything else.

CanAmFam > Huge Congrats x 3 :cloud9: That is awesome news and wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy!

My DH refuses to transfer 3 just out of fear of triplets. When we in the FS room, he counts the no of triplets they have on the photo wall :haha:

urchin > Im very excited.

MrsBear > Nope that was it, she just said that there is 6 that is growing well and when the transfer is.

drsquid > That is a much better count :dance: I pray that it is a follie and that you can get a natural IUI bfp!!!

AFM > How many embies did you guys have left on 2nd day? Otherwise, I actually feel human again today. Can move and don’t need a warm water bottle on me anymore. It is a long weekend here by us and I feel so bad for wishing it by but I cant help it, just want Monday to come now.

I must say, im happy with only 1 update. Otherwise I will stress to much about it. The acu lady said I have so much tension on my stomach from the nerves, so she treated me a lot for stress today. :hugs:

We had 6 eggs Tella, 4 fertilised and all of them made it to day 3. I think any of them would have been fine to transfer, but there were none suitable for freezing so they gave me the best 2 :thumbup:

Thanks Urchin :hugs: that really puts my mind at ease.

Tella - of our 9 that fertilized 6 made it to blast eventually but none were good enough to freeze. Only one was blast by day 5 so we transferred that plus two morulas. Our RE recommended doing the 3. Maybe just agree with DH to go with the Drs advice if it is a quality issue or just stick with 2 if all look equally good :shrug:

tella round 1 we had 14 embryos with only 2 becoming blsts and one to freeze. round 2 we had 9 with 3 blasts and 2 transferred. i wish re would have let us put thatone back also becaue it wasnt good enough to freeze. but re thinks one of the issues for us is we arent making enough good quality embryos so he is changing things up round 3.good luck tomorrow! fx for bfp!

It's interesting the different protocols at different clinics and in different countries.
Our clinic does 3 day transfers (sometimes 2) and has very good success rates, so I guess that's where their expertise lies

In the UK, 2 is the max they will put back - and there is a big push towards single transfers

my doc said hed prefer to do day 2-3 in someone of my age cause the idea behind waiting longer is to weed out the "weaker" ones. but in older eggs it is better out than in. and that way you have a better chance of ones to freeze as well. im still torn on what to do, but cant make any decisions til monday so i just keep going up and back in my head.

DrS - just go with your gut instinct. Regardless of anyone else's opinion, you are the one who has to live with the decision so do what you are most comfortable with. You are the only one who knows what that is. Better to do that then second guess yourself later if you didn't do what felt right for you :hugs:

hrm so i just looked again at the sperm analysis.. noticed they didnt give any info on morphology... and the ph was high (apparently seen in the setting of infection) and the wbc count was 3 which is also high and suggestive of infection. apparently often prostatitis (which wouldnt cause me a problem ). but my question is whether it is likely to be less fertile. id be using a washed sample. i dont know if those factors are issues only if you are trying to get pregnant the old fashioned way.. i guess i have to ask the doc on monday.

We lost 5 out of 6 going to blast with DS. Still can't believe I got pregnant with him with the odds so stacked! This last cycle we lost 9 going to blast and had the 2 to transfer. I was pregnant obviously but then it went downhill. Taking them to blast secures the best but you lose a ton in the process. I still think I would do a blast transfer again though. 2 for 2 success with me :)

Just got the call from Dr office. Beta #1 is 154 at 12dp3dt. Retest on Wednesday!

BFP!:happydance:

Yay desperate!!!! That seems like a higher beta, maybe there are 2 in there :baby::baby:

Huge Congrats Desperate!! I will be following you in 8 days :)

We transferred 2 embryo's today, 1 blast and 1 morula. I don't have any frosties but I won't need them, this is my bfp and I must just wait 8 days to confirm :winkwink:

They did 4 normal insemination, all inseminated but all died :( the other 8 was ICSI and they also all fertilized but only 6 survived to day 2 - 4 cells. The other 4 started fragmented on day 3 and stopped developing. But the blast was right on track all the way and the morula caught up and is also looking great! So we have 2 strong babies on board and that's all we need! I'm pupo with twins!!!! OMW it sounds so awesome!

But they suspect I have egg quality issues :cry: but we needed 2 and the Lord provided me with two and I'm grateful for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->