IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Tella, that is so great! You are PUPO with twins, woot woot! I can't wait until you test. :D

Desperate how wonderful! :dance: Excited for your next beta. Numbers are so hard to guess, but if they are high next Wednesday you might have twins like Mrs.B!

Desperate: congrats!! Tella: well done! Can't wait to read about your bfp!

Yay desperate and CanAmFam! So happy to hear about all these bfps!!
Yay Tella, congratulations on being PUPO!

Big congrats Tella - you have 2 strong ones on board and that truly is all you need :thumbup:

Will keep everything well and truly crossed for you - you PUPO Missy you!

CanAmFam congrats Triplets - wow did you transfer 3 or what? That's really amazing

Desperate - congrats.. Wishing you a blessed 9 months!

Tella welcome to the PUPO club. Best of wishes and plenty baby dust

Afm am 3dp5dt, so hoping to test Sat 05 if I get the guts if not will test Sunday as Mon 7th I have my BETA!

Mrs Bear my test date for the FET is May 6th but BETA is for May 7th so anxious for sure!!

Tella - congrats on being PUPO! I had none to freeze either and only one that we transferred was blast so at least one of mine that stuck is a morula. Sounds like you are in good shape :thumbup:

Good luck everone.

I'm just hoping for a beta that rises like it should and a successful pregnancy. + home test 7 dp3dt. My husband and i would be thrilled with one and overjoyed with two!

FX Desperate!

CanAmFam I somehow missed your post. Congrats, triplets wow! So exciting.

desperate-So exciting!!!! Congrats!!

Tella-Great attitude to have! Good luck to you! :)

Went for us today. Maybe a 12mm follie not real clear. Told him my plan for the 11th of June and discovered that apparently I can't do both. So I've decided to bag this cycle and go to ivf. They are gonna call me back today or tomorrow with the plan in terms of meds etc. kinda
Bummed that it is still a month and a half from now but... It is my best (and fastest) bet. Once I start the new job in July I don't know what my schedule is going to look like and the doc is going to the amazon for the last 3 weeks of July. Upside is that at least I'll be taking lots of meds so I'll feel like I'm doing something.

Went for us today. Maybe a 12mm follie not real clear. Told him my plan for the 11th of June and discovered that apparently I can't do both. So I've decided to bag this cycle and go to ivf. They are gonna call me back today or tomorrow with the plan in terms of meds etc. kinda
Bummed that it is still a month and a half from now but... It is my best (and fastest) bet. Once I start the new job in July I don't know what my schedule is going to look like and the doc is going to the amazon for the last 3 weeks of July. Upside is that at least I'll be taking lots of meds so I'll feel like I'm doing something.

Are they gonna wait until the cyst (follicle) is gone first??

CanAmFam- First off, congratulations on your triplets! I am pretty new to this site and don't get on a lot, but a while back I replied to a really old post you wrote about Dr. Hofmann, but I don't know if you ever saw it. I would have sent you a personal message but wasn't sure how to... Anyway, I also go to Dr. H, and whenever I get on here, I've looked at your profile and I was so happy to see you got a BFP! My husband and I just had our first failed IVF, and it is very encouraging to see success stories, especially when they are multiple IVF attempt successes :happydance:

babyluvu - have you looked at the IVF success thread? There are many ladies on there with success on their 2nd 3rd or later IVF. Good luck with your next cycle :dust:

DrS - sorry you are bummed :hugs: Sounds like you have a good plan in place. It is pretty typical to have that much prep time leading to IVF either to suppress with BCP or to downreg with meds so it would be expected whenever you ended up starting. It is definitely frustrating to wait but it is part of the process. Your odds should be lots higher with IVF so FX this is your time and you get your BFP :dust:

iluv- there isnt really a cyst anymore. yeah i have a follicle (well a few without a clear dominant one). they are going to check progesterone to make sure i ovulated but im not sure why, since it isnt a cyst per se there is no reason to wait.

yeah im going to do lupron first. and bcp to bridge to the week i wanna do ivf. i think ill be completely destroyed if it doesnt work even though i know it is only 30% chance or so. just feels like "giving up" somehow i dunno why. well fingers crossed for all of us

DrS - it is completely normal to feel that way once you get to IVF since you are investing so much time and money into it and have gone through so much to get to that point :hugs:. Just remember you are doing absolutely everything you can do and believe that it can work for you.

Are you doing acupuncture? I can't remember :dohh: Studies show it can increase your odds by as much as 15% on an IVF cycle so worth looking into if you aren't doing it already.

drsquid-I hear you! I am still some moments brought back to the day we found bean lifeless on the screen. No one after going through IVF should have to lose the battle. :( (((HUGS)))

thanks guys. i dunno why im finding this so hard. i just never expected this. i think with couples by the time you get to an re you know there is a problem. technically i dont even meet criteria for infertility it seems crazy to jump to ivf. but.. at the same time.. emotionally this is making me crazy. i know i keep repeating myself but.. im sure it is like anything else, once you do it, it will be like... why was i worried about this. there are so many definite upsides to going this route but i just cant shake the feeling that it isnt right for some reason. i know it is silly, and apparently doc wrote a chapter for a book about whether there are issues with babies made in a petri dish. and theyve found nothing. but the oldest are still only in their 30's. im never one to pick the "natural" route, i dont eat organic, i dont do alternative medicine etc but for some reason this bugs me and i cant put my finger on why. which i think is the most frustrating part

Hey DrS :hugs:

I think all of us who have ended up going down the IVF route have had our moments of being uncomfortable with it ... I for one cried when I found out that it was the only option left to us.
It takes a bit of getting your head round (even iui feels less 'clinical' - even with a medicated cycle, as conception still happens inside your body; the place that nature intended it to be)
With IVF, conception - which should be the most natural of occurrences - happens in a cold sterile petri dish, in a lab somewhere ... and for me at least, that felt very difficult.
But
When you get your head round it, it is still the same process - the sperm still meets the egg and delivers its payload right where it's needed, and the same miracle happens.
The spark of life ignites and a new person begins.

And once you do get your head round it (weep, wail and gnash your teeth in the meantime!) IVF really does have a much better success rate than iui.
When you get started with the drugs, the time flies by so quickly as you are actively DOING SOMETHING each day.

Big hugs to you chikkie - it is a biggie to come to terms with I'll not deny it, but once you've squared it with yourself it really is very positive xxx

Beta #2 5/2/12 is 346! 14dp3dt. Ultrasound scheduled for 5/14 to see if we have 1 or 2 little beans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->