IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

I did double my Glucophage 2 weeks ago so that could be it. Still having tummy troubles daily.

do you use the extended release kind? they can help with the tummy troubles. i was on those and faired better than the regular (which im on now) . the nurse re wrote the prong script and i didnt want her to bother changing it. ive been on that for over 2 years now for this process. think im on 2500 atm.

when do you take your metformin? im supposed to take it in the evening with dinner (but all they really mean is with your largest meal)

what ive actually started to do is take it before going to bed. my doctor said this is fine, but some dont agree. your digestion changes/ slows over night and i find that i have less issues doing it at bed time. if i do have an issue, it is right when i wake up, or i make it to noon without problems.

before, taking it at dinner made me get up at 2-4 in the morning for a bathroom run and stomach pain. i also find that the metformin doesnt bother me as much when im on the progesterone. progesterone and pregnancy cause constipation, metformin basically causes the stomach flu, and they even out. hah.

good luck, i understand your frustration with everyone. hang in there.

I'm on the XR 1000 mg. I left the RE who gave it to me so not sure if we will end up upping it again. I'm sure my current RE won't have a problem writing me a script for it since it helps with PCOS. I take it at night and it's usually first thing in the morning when I have to hit the toilet. I can deal thus far. Just annoying. :)

CanAmFam congrats Triplets - wow did you transfer 3 or what? That's really amazing

we did, but we are still surprised. it was a frozen cycle, and one of the blasts was very behind ( still expanding, not even hatching yet. )

it was our 4th Xfer and last 3 blasts. we couldnt do another fresh until january, and when we did , we wouldnt use frozen, we also wouldnt re freeze the 3rd blast if we had fresh ones that were nicer, so we spoke to the embryologist, and she had a meeting with the doctor.

the embryologist said that it was a wise choice to do all 3. we had epic failure with all 3 previous Xfers. There was still a chance it would be all 3, since Im only 30, but given the track record, they were comfortable with it. This made me confident since in 25 years our doctor i believe has only had 12 cases of triplets. Of course the instant they were transferred i started to panic. Our beta was highish, but we never expected 3, (neither did many else really. ive seen singletons with higher betas - again numbers clearly mean nothing hah.)

we had our 6 week heart beat ultrasound yesterday, found 2 very strong, easy to see hearts (which the doctor was thrilled over) but the third one is still there and still growing. It wasnt blighted... but he searched for over 5 minutes and couldn't see a fetal pole anywhere. Just a super large Yolk. Even my miscarriage in June showed an easy to spot fetal pole (albeit very small) at an earlier amount of time

We go back Tuesday for another scan to see if the third has developed (id be 7 weeks exactly) . He would much rather see it deteriorate so we could have healthy twins. And honestly, I've been very relieved since only seeing the 2 progress. Hopefully Tuesday brings us a definite answer. Some fetal poles don't appear for weeks and weeks (not common but happens) I'm somewhat afraid ill end up at 12 weeks and they will find a surprise baby. hah.

So, still pregnant with triplets, higher chance it will switch to twins. Twins is the safer and healthier result.

the doctor took the print out image without the third sac, just in case it doesnt develop.

https://i.minus.com/jOsROrHXJOREb.jpg

That u/s pic is so cool!!! I have a pic with both my embies and one was blighted. I really only wanted the one but now since losing them both I'm glad to have the memory. So glad yours both look great!!!

Can-So hoping they are okay! I know bleeding is very scary. HUGS to you!!!!

Can, hope you doing fine and that ur other 2 beans are safe and healthy! :hugs:

I know it most probably will, but Tuesday is a special day, and I have decided to only test with a digi the morning before the Beta. My Gran that basically raised me passed on the 8th, so praying she is looking after Jelly & Tot :hugs:

I know it most probably will, but Tuesday is a special day, and I have decided to only test with a digi the morning before the Beta. My Gran that basically raised me passed on the 8th, so praying she is looking after Jelly & Tot :hugs:

You are strong! I'm one of the POAS queens! :winkwink: Can't wait for Tuesday. :happydance:

Cam - thinking of you today - it's going to be a very long day for you I'm sure.
It's hard to know at this stage, but the bleeding and clots could mean the worst, but just as easily could be #3 only.
I will keep everything crossed for you that it's good news tomorrow xxx

havent passed any more clots since the large ones yesterday ( 6, 7, and 8 pm) very tiny tidbits of red 'pieces' when i pee, but things have moderately turned back to normal.

im still terrified though, but bears story has me hoping for the best. if it was a bit of blood or spotting i wouldnt care, but this was soaked straight through jeans before i hit the bathroom. it was very heavy flow , im guessing due to the clots.

i have a stomach ache/ cramping, but i think it is my metformin... i woke up about 20 minutes ago and it is about time to sit and be miserable for a few minutes.
love love love my medications.

ill take another tylenol to prevent any cramping prior to the visit. thankfully she got me in at 930. they dont do ultrasounds on weekends (just retrievals, transfers and iui or follicle checks etc) but she figured it made more sense to do it sunday, rather than make me go in monday when i already had an appointment tuesday.

so cross your fingers he still sees 2 babies. i think id be more worried if he still sees 2 babies, and the 3rd sac, since then id be afraid it was a full on period trying to happen.

i agree too though, seeing the hearts fine on friday then having this happen 24 hours later i think is too fast. if the 3rd was already deteriorating, and the ultrasound irritated it, i COULD see that, but still... very fast.

ill update when i know anything. thanks for thinking of me.

CanAmFam, praying everything is fine with baby 1 and 2. (((Hugs)))

Ultrasound showed no change . Still two babies and strong hearts and third sac. I go back Tuesday.

His explanation was that the plecenta tries to attach around now and sometimes it.grabs.the.uterus on a blood vessel that is too large. It burrows in and basically the uterus bleeds where the vessel broke. Picture trying to join a small water pipe to a large one full of water , it would spray everywhere. He said it was considered normal and more common with multiples because there is more blood flow happening. Told me to rest and try not thinking about it. He still didn't check out the third sac. But it was very empty still as far as I could tell.

They double checked my blood type, just in case (if negative they give an.injection because the.negative part could be causing the bleeding) but I'm ab positive, so all was well. I'm to take tylenol to relax my uterus and take it easy but nothing else can be done.
The clots stopped over night and I only have slight streaking when wiping. I'm.hoping it is behind me.

CanAmFam - glad to hear that things are still looking good in there and the bleeding is slowed way down. We could still see #3 at my scan but it was smaller than previously. Ours was a few days later though too.

I bet you are relieved to have another appt Tuesday. Take it easy and keep reminding yourself they checked and 1 & 2 are still ok. I know there is no way you will be able to 'not think about it' like your Dr said but you definitely have every reason in the world to hope for the best right now. Hope it is all resolved soon and you can get back to enjoying your pregnancy. :hugs:

I'm very glad to hear that #1 & #2 is still fine and that you are indeed still pregnant! I can only imagine the feelings and I pray for you that it won't happen again and that you will have a text book pregnancy from now on!! :hugs:

That sounds good Cam - with a MC once you start bleeding, it doesn't stop, so the fact that you've only got little streaks when you wipe, and the scan showed both hearts beating away, is all very promising :thumbup:

I know you won't stop worrying (who would!!!!!!!) but it sounds like your Dr is right - keep hanging on in there chikkie xxx

Hi Mrs Bear :)

Not been on for a while, just quick update, I am now pregnant with twins. Im now waiting for my 6 week scan this Thursday. Hope I get to see two strong heartbeats! Best wishes to all you ladies.

Congrats tinkershell! I'll update you on the front page :oneofeach:

fantastic news tinkershell - this really is a very productive thread!

Tinkershell, woohoo congrats!

Can, glad to hear that 1&2 are doing good. The doctors explanation is probably right on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->