IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Hello, yes looking at starting the down regging at the end of December probably between Xmas and New Year's so stimming in the new year.
I guess Xmas is a good distraction, will give me an excuse to think of something else and will have something to look forward to (if that's the right expression?!) after Xmas. Well January will for sure not be boring! X

Hello, yes looking at starting the down regging at the end of December probably between Xmas and New Year's so stimming in the new year.
I guess Xmas is a good distraction, will give me an excuse to think of something else and will have something to look forward to (if that's the right expression?!) after Xmas. Well January will for sure not be boring! X

Yup - looking like 2012 is going to start off big for a lot of us :thumbup: FX for lots of BFPs too!

I am not looking forward to the shots, scans and the procedures involved but I am definitely looking forward to getting to IVF and hopefully finally seeing a BFP. If nothing else we are doing everything we can right? I'm not excited about the process but am definitely excited about the possible result :flower:

Hi Ladies! Happy Monday .... if there is such a thing as a happy Monday ;)

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I was not on BnB much this weekend we were out car shopping and visiting with friends and I also started my Christmas shopping yesterday! While it was good that I was busy and not obsessing about my TWW its now Monday and my IVF information night is this week so I'm of course now obsessing about that!

It is a general information session and I gather that the embryologist is there and other clinic staff ..... any suggestions on questions I should be asking the clinic / embryologist????

Hope everyone is doing well! Welcome to the new ladies :hi: I can't wait to start to see lots of BFPs in this thread over the coming months!!

Hi Ladies! Happy Monday .... if there is such a thing as a happy Monday ;)

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I was not on BnB much this weekend we were out car shopping and visiting with friends and I also started my Christmas shopping yesterday! While it was good that I was busy and not obsessing about my TWW its now Monday and my IVF information night is this week so I'm of course now obsessing about that!

It is a general information session and I gather that the embryologist is there and other clinic staff ..... any suggestions on questions I should be asking the clinic / embryologist????

Hope everyone is doing well! Welcome to the new ladies :hi: I can't wait to start to see lots of BFPs in this thread over the coming months!!

I've gotten a few things online but other than that I haven't done much shopping yet. Have some ideas but no idea what to get for some people :dohh:.

Yay for having your info night this week - it will definitely be a good distraction for you. Don't have any ideas for questions :shrug:. My clinic doesn't have info nights but I suspect they won't go into a lot of detail or say things you don't already know from BnB. I was given an info packet that details the process day by day and discusses what ICSI and assisted hatching are, etc. The info night may be more that type of stuff and letting new patients meets some of the staff in advance. I suspect most of your questions about meds, timing etc will likely not get answered til your consult.

I've gotten a few things online but other than that I haven't done much shopping yet. Have some ideas but no idea what to get for some people :dohh:.

Yay for having your info night this week - it will definitely be a good distraction for you. Don't have any ideas for questions :shrug:. My clinic doesn't have info nights but I suspect they won't go into a lot of detail or say things you don't already know from BnB. I was given an info packet that details the process day by day and discusses what ICSI and assisted hatching are, etc. The info night may be more that type of stuff and letting new patients meets some of the staff in advance. I suspect most of your questions about meds, timing etc will likely not get answered til your consult.

That is my thought too .... probably won't get any real information! I am definitely going to ask about success rates in the past 2 years as what is online is only 2007! I also want to ask about the labs preference to do day 3 vs day 5 transfers.

They made us watch a whole 45 min video before we even go on what the actual IVF process is like etc. so I'm confused what this information night actually is. But I feel like I'm moving forward to I'll go with it ;)

Yup - looking like 2012 is going to start off big for a lot of us :thumbup: FX for lots of BFPs too!

I am not looking forward to the shots, scans and the procedures involved but I am definitely looking forward to getting to IVF and hopefully finally seeing a BFP. If nothing else we are doing everything we can right? I'm not excited about the process but am definitely excited about the possible result :flower:

I know what you mean, I'm a bit terrified by the psychological effects that the drugs might have. I get VERY bad PMS as it is, I'm praying I'll be able to cope! It will be too easy to feel sorry for myself, I guess you just have to think of the possible best case scenario result right?
xx :hugs:

Also reading Springy's post, wow it seems that they really bombard you with info over there. I've been told almost nothing all the way through. The consultant who referred me for the lap didn't even mention the possibility of my tubes being removed, when the nurse told me at the pre-op I freaked out! Bad bad bad :nope:
Hopefully they will tell me everything I need to know when they give me the drugs but it seems that in the UK you have little control over things if you're NHS funded. I wasn't even given any info regarding long or short protocol, never mind a choice. They just told me my file says long protocol when I rang to enquire.
Anyway, hugs & fairy dust to all xx

Springy -- maybe ask when they decide to do ICSI vs just letting them get together in a petri dish? Mine pretty much always does ICSI.

I had my orientation and mock transfer today. No big deal with the orientation. I think since I've done 3 IUIs with follistim, it's not that much different, particularly since i won't be using the PIO! But I did do the mock transfer. I had to show up with a full bladder. It wasn't too bad til they put the ultrasound thingy on my stomach. Now that was uncomfortable! But they were in and out and said to do exactly that level of 'fullness' next time! :thumbup:

I am working from home the rest of today -- or I should be. So I should really get off BnB now! :haha:

Springy, I would also ask whether they have a policy on the transfer of multiple embryos (there's a big drive towards single elective transfer here), will they freeze all the ones they don't transfer, and is there a possibility of a 5 day transfer? Plus all the timings of your protocol. I've been in and out of my clinic and have picked this up along the way. It could help you to think about things in advance (has me!).

Squirrel, glad it all went well. Onwards and upwards..

Springy -- maybe ask when they decide to do ICSI vs just letting them get together in a petri dish? Mine pretty much always does ICSI.

I had my orientation and mock transfer today. No big deal with the orientation. I think since I've done 3 IUIs with follistim, it's not that much different, particularly since i won't be using the PIO! But I did do the mock transfer. I had to show up with a full bladder. It wasn't too bad til they put the ultrasound thingy on my stomach. Now that was uncomfortable! But they were in and out and said to do exactly that level of 'fullness' next time! :thumbup:

I am working from home the rest of today -- or I should be. So I should really get off BnB now! :haha:

That's a good question, I was leaning towards payin the extra 1000 to have them do icsi - I don't want to get a call on the day after we telling me none or only a small number fertilized!!!

Glad to hear the mock transfer went well ;) just a waitin game for you now right??

Springy, I would also ask whether they have a policy on the transfer of multiple embryos (there's a big drive towards single elective transfer here), will they freeze all the ones they don't transfer, and is there a possibility of a 5 day transfer? Plus all the timings of your protocol. I've been in and out of my clinic and have picked this up along the way. It could help you to think about things in advance (has me!).

Squirrel, glad it all went well. Onwards and upwards..

Good questions! I think Canada is 2 for women under 35. And I have heard that if they can get to day 5 I should insist on that vs a day 3. But I don't want to push the lab for a day 5 if they are more comfortable working with day 3s!

Hi Ladies,

I started Lupron last night, kinda scared but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Looking forward to sharing our experiences on this thread.

Take care,
Lots of Baby Dust to all!

Arimas, is this your first go with injectables? They are a bit scary at first, but you will quickly get the hang of it!

I start Lupron on Thursday. Then remove my Nuvaring birth control on Sunday. Then a baseline ultrasound on Wednesday of next week to be followed by starting the Follistim. So lots going to happen pretty quick. I'm soooo ready!

Hello everyone, I'm looking forward to my ivf consult in early Dec. Feels like I've been waiting for a yr but now it's right around the corner. ;) I took Clomid cd5-9 and o'd at my regular time c10-11. It's just a waiting game now. After my consult I'll order meds and hopefully have the procedure in later Dec. My cd3 bloodwork came back (Estraidol 49, I've forgotten the other #s TSH & T4).

Fingers crossed for everyone.
wow, do you ovulate 1 day after your last clomid pill?

I thought I'd O much later due to the Clomid. I was surprised that it didn't effect it at all. A lot of ladies report that it delays them by several days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

That's a good question, I was leaning towards payin the extra 1000 to have them do icsi - I don't want to get a call on the day after we telling me none or only a small number fertilized!!!

Good questions! I think Canada is 2 for women under 35. And I have heard that if they can get to day 5 I should insist on that vs a day 3. But I don't want to push the lab for a day 5 if they are more comfortable working with day 3s!

I'm the same way - I would rather pay the extra 1000 and not have to worry about that part of it. After all those failed IUIs I am inclined to think that might be part of the problem.

In my info packet the clinic listed their recent success rates as well as their policy for # transferred by age and by quality of embryos. If that and the ICSI policy aren't part of their presentation at info night definitely ask. Hopefully they will give you a handout too so you don't have to write it all down and hope you heard them right :thumbup:

Arimas, is this your first go with injectables? They are a bit scary at first, but you will quickly get the hang of it!

I start Lupron on Thursday. Then remove my Nuvaring birth control on Sunday. Then a baseline ultrasound on Wednesday of next week to be followed by starting the Follistim. So lots going to happen pretty quick. I'm soooo ready!

Yay for starting! :yipee: This thread is starting to ramp up! :happydance:

Hi Ladies,

I started Lupron last night, kinda scared but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Looking forward to sharing our experiences on this thread.

Take care,
Lots of Baby Dust to all!

Welcome Arimas :hi:

Hi ladies,

Can I join you on here? With timing I think I will be going through round 2 of IUI. No meds for me... although I am curious about Clomid. I told the office today that if this one doesn't work (my fingers are crossed that it does of course) that I would like to start that rather than after 6-7 failed times.

Hi ladies,

Can I join you on here? With timing I think I will be going through round 2 of IUI. No meds for me... although I am curious about Clomid. I told the office today that if this one doesn't work (my fingers are crossed that it does of course) that I would like to start that rather than after 6-7 failed times.

Sorry forgot to say this would be in early December :dohh:

Hi ladies,

Welcome MrsC :wave:

Is it dorky of me that your username just made me think of Fonzie and Happy Days? :haha: :coolio:

Anyway, I think you might as well look into the Clomid if you are doing IUI anyway. It can't hurt. Have they identified any issues with you or are you unexplained?

Hi ladies,

Welcome MrsC :wave:

Is it dorky of me that your username just made me think of Fonzie and Happy Days? :haha: :coolio:

Anyway, I think you might as well look into the Clomid if you are doing IUI anyway. It can't hurt. Have they identified any issues with you or are you unexplained?

Lol it's not dorky! Thank you for the welcome :flower:

No issues with me but with DH. She wanted us to try 6-7 IUI's before going to meds but I told them today that I don't want to wait that long. She said it's totally fine and during the next cycle u/s we can go over what meds I can have. Clomid seems to be the popular one. Any major side effects of that I should be aware of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->