IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Well I'm ticked... they won't give me the provera and for a dumb reason too. They are saying studies now show it's better to cycle on your own. Really??? If I cycled on my own I wouldn't be there!!!!!! I am not going to get a period anytime soon and if I do it will be a crap shoot. I've been in and out of that office for 11 years and I can't count how many times I've used provera. I need that to clean out for a new cycle. So I'm pissed to say the least. I'm ready now.... and I have to sit out for at least 2-3 weeks and then call them back. THEN they will give me the provera. This is sooo dumb! :( Oh and they won't call in my Femara until I have said period and need it that day. I guess I'm SOL in fighting them for shots. Probably won't get them....

I am sorry ILuv. Remind me again. Are you doing fresh or a FET?

:grr: Luv - that is total bs that they won't give that to you. I know I take months if left to cycle on my own so I know you must be super frustrated :hugs: Hopefully af won't take as long as you think

iluvbabies: thats crap! espically with your history :( can they at least do bloodwork to see where you stand? my re did that and found my progesterone showed af was on the way so no provera. it did take 8 weeks which sucked! i hope af doesnt hide for much longer. waiting is sooo frustrating even when you know what you need and the dr wont give it to you.

Luv - did you talk to the RE or was it a nurse that told you? If it wasn't the RE maybe talk to them directly and express your frustration/concern.

Also, any chance you could call your regular OB and get them to call in a prescription for provera for you?

Cam-A-F that's great news! I guess time will tell with #3, but 2 good healthy heartbeats from 2 healthy growing beans is a fab state of affairs :thumbup:
Like Mrs B - even at 18 weeks I still worry about not making it ... I think it's natural, after all the stakes are so high

Iluv - I'm sorry you're having a crap time with your clinic ... do you have to stay with them, or is there any mileage in going elsewhere?

AFM I dopplered Eenie again this morning, so that Mr Urch could hear - and we got a hb of 143 ... which feels pretty good.
I'm not going to go blasting the poor baby every day, but I probably will go hunting for him/her once a week, just to reassure myself that all is well.

6 sleeps now til our scan, where hopefully we will get to find out whether we've got a girl or a boy on board :dance: I still think boy, but Mr Urch has swapped allegiance and now thinks girl (I'm guessing one of us will be right)

Mrs. Bear-I'm actually thinking of calling the OB yes! LOL And I think I have a bladder infection brewing so I'm totally frustrated! I talked with the nurse. I'm call Monday on ask either to speak with him or get an appt. My mom thinks it isn't worth sucking this up for 2-3 more weeks. So I'm gonna bug them here Monday! :)

Helena-It is! I have PCOS and I know af isn't coming and I've been spotting on and off since the miscarriage in March. I'm done with this!

Urchin-I'm back at the first clinic. We only have 2 and have exhausted our options it seems. Can't wait to see if you are having a boy or girl!!!!

Mobaby-That's a good idea! I should mention that when I call. :)

Care-Neither. They have a new IUI combo they want me to try. I don't know somedays whether to have hope it will work or just throw in the towel.

sigh I'm so impatient for my nurse to call. I really hope she calls me on Monday so i can get all this started. I don't see why she wouldn't. I have this irrational fear that I'll end up being forgotten about. If I'm in a waiting room I always wonder how long is too long before I should say anything... haha
OH's SA came back normal. 70 mil swimmers and everything either above or just at where it should be. He said his sample looked different, so I imagine his usual stuff would be in better shape.

How is everyone else doing?

So I had my cd3 ultrasound on friday (it was really cd2). Everything was fine and I am all set to start menopur on tuesday the 15th, it will be cd6 when I start them because I was told that my meds would probably arrive on tuesday because I ordered them online. well I got them yesturday. but I will be starting on tuesday anyways. The nurse said it would be ok if I started the meds later since I never get cycles on my own. So I will be on 150iu for 3 days then 75iu for 3 days then I have an ultrasound on the 21st.

Urch - yay for finding Eenie on the doppler :happydance:

Luv - hope they listen to you and you can get started soon

Helena - hope the nurse calls you soon, and yay for a good semen analysis :thumbup:

no_regrets - yay for getting started! As long as your ovaries are quiet and your hormone levels are good it shouldn't matter what day you start :dust:

Got my provera! I actually went in to see the OB today because I was treated at Urgent Care on Mother's Day for a possible UTI. Things got much worse and I actually have a horrible yeast infection! So I got her to give me the provera! ;) I am waiting a week because I am not going to start a period with this pain right now.

Yaaaay -result!

not that a yeast infection is a whole pile of joy, but at least now you have your provera :D

ILuv > Yay for Provera, booooo on the YI!!!!! Hope it clears quickly and that you can get on wiht your next cycle.

AFM > Hoping to O in the next 9-14days!!!!!!!!!!

Luv - yay for getting your provera :happydance: but boo on the rest of it. At least now you won't have to be in extended limbo waiting for AF :thumbup:

Tella - Hope you are able to get the miracle natural BFP, it can happen :dust:

Tella-Do you normally cycle on your own???

Mrs. Bear-I'm ready. I have to POAS first though. So dumb but I'm used to it I guess.

Hi Ladies, hope everyone is good. am so happy seeing more BFP. Dr finally got my thyroid dyfunction under control and it within normal now. yippeee. Commencing IVF #2 mid June. I turned 40yr 2 thursdays ago so am taking my chances and hoping i can still use my eggs. Am excited and emotionally ready for whatever the outcome this time but am positive as i always am.
So Mrs Bears, how's our twinnings doing? Next time u go for ur scan, wave me a lil hello to them. baby baby bay dust everyone :)

doshima - so glad to hear that your thyroid issue is under control and you can get started again with IVF #2 :happydance: Happy Birthday! :cake: While the odds at 40 are definitely lower than they are at 25 that doesn't mean it can't happen. I think it is ultimately the individual egg rather than the age that makes the difference. FX this is your time :dust:

Next scan for me is a week from Thursday - it is the anatomy scan so we should get a nice long visit with them. Last time the girl was sitting on the boy's head :rofl: I will tell them you said 'hi' :hi:

Hi ladies!

I just wanted to give an update. Hubby had his TESE today. everything went great. I don't know how many swimmers they got but things sound good. I will call tomorrow and find out. I'm due to start BC with July AF.

Right now I'm waiting on AF. I'm very confused as I ALWAYS have a 26 days cycle but today is CD28. :shrug: I haven't had acupuncture in a couple weeks because things are getting sorted out with the insurance. At first I was thinking the delay was due to the acupuncture but since it's been a few weeks I don't think that would happen. I'm sure now that I mention something AF will show up full force.

I hope everyone else is doing well. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"