IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

im finally about to get started .enjoyed a lovely week with my family and saw lots of friends (unfortunately a bunch were today at a memorial service for achildhood friend who passed unexpectedly). going back to california tomorrow then us thurs and starting gonal friday. cant wait

Are you doing IUI or IVF?

I've been MIA . My first OB appointment is tomorrow since discharge at the fertility centre on 5/8 . Very anxious to go and hoping for good news , along with a final baby count. The past three weeks have not been un eventful , but I've pulled through. Doing my best to not startle when I see spotting and dodge the heads of angry three year olds at work. Successfully weaned off the PIO shots just over 8 weeks in .

Hoping to have a good update tomorrow, 10 weeks along as of today. Cross your fingers. Do not think I will be able to cope with bad news. Wish me luck. Tonight is the last night I'm officially pregnant with three, let alone pregnant at all.

DrS - yay for finally getting started :yipee:

CanAmFam - keeping everything crossed for your scan :flower:. I have one Thursday and no matter how far along I am I still get nervous for every scan that something will have happened. Hoping for good news for you tomorrow

Dr Squeeeeeeeed!
Good news indeed - feels much better to be started doesn't it?

CanAF - will keep it all crossed for you chikkie ... let us know how it goes xxx

Iluv- ivf. I did 4 unsuccessful rounds of iui which I found out at the 4 th round were likely due to male factor (yay crap donor sperm). Just decided it was faster and easier to just go to ivf (ok really neither of those but...). At least this way I'll know if it is my eggs too. I'm hoping not and I get frosties in case I want a 2nd in a few years.

IVF definitely has better odds Dr S ... depending on the clinic, but mine has a 40% success rate for single embryo transfer and 60% for double :thumbup:

Urchin- not sure what the clinics stats are and they are always different based on age which makes sense in some ways and not in others (ie should be based more on fsh ie physiological age rather than chronological). My doc is going to be doing the Er and Et at a different clinic than his (issues with the embryologist) which is fine by me as the 2nd clinic is far bigger and fancier and I get the keep the personal relationship with my doc. I'm 39 which is apparently tricky as it isn't clear how many embryos to put back. I suppose it all depends on how many and how they look but I'd lean towards 2-3 because I'd rather get a bfp and deal with sr than another bfn. We will see.

im finally about to get started .enjoyed a lovely week with my family and saw lots of friends (unfortunately a bunch were today at a memorial service for achildhood friend who passed unexpectedly). going back to california tomorrow then us thurs and starting gonal friday. cant wait

Yay for starting wiht meds and scan, not long till your bfp :hugs:

Ay up me lovelies! ... I'm still here Tella :hi:

No particular news today - but thought I's say helloo :D

Just good to say hello :wave:

I've been MIA . My first OB appointment is tomorrow since discharge at the fertility centre on 5/8 . Very anxious to go and hoping for good news , along with a final baby count. The past three weeks have not been un eventful , but I've pulled through. Doing my best to not startle when I see spotting and dodge the heads of angry three year olds at work. Successfully weaned off the PIO shots just over 8 weeks in .

Hoping to have a good update tomorrow, 10 weeks along as of today. Cross your fingers. Do not think I will be able to cope with bad news. Wish me luck. Tonight is the last night I'm officially pregnant with three, let alone pregnant at all.

GL with your scan, cant wait to hear the great news and see some pics!

Urchin- not sure what the clinics stats are and they are always different based on age which makes sense in some ways and not in others (ie should be based more on fsh ie physiological age rather than chronological). My doc is going to be doing the Er and Et at a different clinic than his (issues with the embryologist) which is fine by me as the 2nd clinic is far bigger and fancier and I get the keep the personal relationship with my doc. I'm 39 which is apparently tricky as it isn't clear how many embryos to put back. I suppose it all depends on how many and how they look but I'd lean towards 2-3 because I'd rather get a bfp and deal with sr than another bfn. We will see.

Im also doing 2, i wont be able to just do 1.

I did 2 too - and so glad I did as only one 'took'... how awful would it have been if they'd transferred Meenie and not Eenie :(

only one baby left. sigh. ill be forever convinced that the child who head butted me last week miscarried that baby.

Picture:
top has heartbeat, it was 167. bottom is a bigger size version of the baby. it is 3.72 cm , measuring about 10 weeks 4 days. it is 10 weeks 1 day.

you can if you look see a bent elbow upward and a fist up by its head, the long sticking out part is the umbilical cord. The black part in the head with the white in the middle is the brain.

The other baby stopped growing size wise around 9 weeks 3 days. Just an estimate and may have been slightly earlier since this baby is ahead in size. Third sac is still there. it shouldnt be by this point - confused him greatly. shouldnt cause a problem. next appointment is in a month. very angry ill need IVF again for another child. and very worried this one wont make it to delivery.

i spotted the miscarriage before he even checked the baby. i told him to 'go back over there' when he was trying to count babies. he did and i said, that one had no heart. and he said one sec, and then started fiddling with things. i expected it. i actually expected both gone, so i was prepared. it was visually smaller, ( not too much) and wasnt moving like the other (living one was going crazy moving) Had all of its parts, very easy to see everything. It just looked like it stopped.

very angry now though. crossing fingers this was stays.

https://i.minus.com/jTor2V8g5zC53.jpg

Natalie-I totally understand!!!!! Baby B for me was a blighted ovum and I put all my hope in Baby A and then he/she stopped growing. I won't tell you not to worry because it won't help. So praying that one baby makes it to term! HUGS!!!!

We fought for 2 as well. And here I lost them both so I wouldn't change a thing. I wouldn't want 2 losses....

Okay so I start meds tomorrow!!!!! Won't get a scan until June 8th though so it's gonna be a long wait!

Dr S - I would do at least two. At 38 they let me do three so they may give you that option. Think it through ahead of time so you aren't faced with that decision spur of the moment.

CanAmFam - :hugs: So sorry that you ended up losing two. You have every right to be angry. The good news is that the one that is still there is going strong and measuring well. 167 is a great heartbeat! I know that it is hard but try not to focus on the ones you lost or doing another IVF down the road. Focus on your little one that is still here and all of us will be hoping right along with you that this one is a forever baby :hugs:

Luv - I can't believe they aren't doing a scan til 6/8! I guess since they know how you respond they aren't concerned about checking earlier :shrug:

Dr S - I would do at least two. At 38 they let me do three so they may give you that option. Think it through ahead of time so you aren't faced with that decision spur of the moment.

CanAmFam - :hugs: So sorry that you ended up losing two. You have every right to be angry. The good news is that the one that is still there is going strong and measuring well. 167 is a great heartbeat! I know that it is hard but try not to focus on the ones you lost or doing another IVF down the road. Focus on your little one that is still here and all of us will be hoping right along with you that this one is a forever baby :hugs:

Luv - I can't believe they aren't doing a scan til 6/8! I guess since they know how you respond they aren't concerned about checking earlier :shrug:

They may not be concerned but I am! I'm afraid of just 1 amp of Bravelle not being enough. This whole thing has me on edge. It's our one chance of not going back to IVF.

They may not be concerned but I am! I'm afraid of just 1 amp of Bravelle not being enough. This whole thing has me on edge. It's our one chance of not going back to IVF.

Maybe talk to your RE about adding another scan around day 5? If you are willing to pay for it what do they care after all. I know it would drive me crazy waiting that long for a check too.

CanAmFam- I'm so sorry to hear that. :hugs: I hope that everything goes well with this baby from now on. That heartbeat sounds great!

can sorry about the other 2 but it sounds like the one beanie is strong and healthy! congrats on that :) focus on that! i know its hard but bebexcited your preggers!

Maybe talk to your RE about adding another scan around day 5? If you are willing to pay for it what do they care after all. I know it would drive me crazy waiting that long for a check too.

I know... I hate to call them because I keep getting this one nurse that I absolutely cannot stand! Of all the nurses to leave, why is she still there?!?!?! UG!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->