IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Edamame - FX you catch the eggie(s). Stinks they won't scan to see what is going on though. I'm surprised they didn't check you eariler to make sure you were responding.

:dust:

Well, this is annoying. I'm CD13 today, and had a positive OPK this morning. I was supposed to have a follie scan tomorrow, but now the appointment has been turned into an IUI, and the nurse didn't think they'd do a scan before the IUI. When the nurse originally made the scan appointment, I asked if that wasn't a bit late since I have often gotten a positive OPK before day 14, she said not to worry about it because I could just take OPKs from CD11 and call in if I got a positive. But I wanted to see if the femara worked and how many follicles I had! Argh!
Well anyway, fingers crossed the femara worked and we won't have to get going on the IVF prep stuff next month!

Well that stinks! Good luck though!!!

Well, this is annoying. I'm CD13 today, and had a positive OPK this morning. I was supposed to have a follie scan tomorrow, but now the appointment has been turned into an IUI, and the nurse didn't think they'd do a scan before the IUI. When the nurse originally made the scan appointment, I asked if that wasn't a bit late since I have often gotten a positive OPK before day 14, she said not to worry about it because I could just take OPKs from CD11 and call in if I got a positive. But I wanted to see if the femara worked and how many follicles I had! Argh!
Well anyway, fingers crossed the femara worked and we won't have to get going on the IVF prep stuff next month!

Good luck today! Fx for your BFP.

Thanks everyone!! Just got home from the iui- 11million, 65% motility. The number is a little low but we bd as soon as I saw the positive opk yesterday morning because we hadn't bd the night before, so there wasn't quite 24 hours in between. But very happy about the motility!

Was sooooo jealous while sitting in the waiting room- this couple came out and the guy was holding ultrasound pics of twins! Hope that is me in a few weeks!

Thanks everyone!! Just got home from the iui- 11million, 65% motility. The number is a little low but we bd as soon as I saw the positive opk yesterday morning because we hadn't bd the night before, so there wasn't quite 24 hours in between. But very happy about the motility!

Was sooooo jealous while sitting in the waiting room- this couple came out and the guy was holding ultrasound pics of twins! Hope that is me in a few weeks!

Sounds great! Do you have to go in for a beta or do they just have you test at home?
:dust:

It's good to hear about the success at the clinic. I would have been jealous as well but just think we will be right behind them.

update on me: I had two u/s since my last post. They both showed no change on the u/s and my estrodial was going up very slowly it went from 54 to 94 in about 5 days. but I had been stimming for maybe 13 days. the re wanted to up my dose to 225iu of menopur a day. but we got our meds through ivfmeds.com and there was no way we could get more in time to do the shots and the pharmacy wants an arm and a leg for the meds and we couldn't afford that. so we made the decision to stop this cycle. we are going to pay off debt and then get a loan hopefully in dec or so and just go all out.

update on me: I had two u/s since my last post. They both showed no change on the u/s and my estrodial was going up very slowly it went from 54 to 94 in about 5 days. but I had been stimming for maybe 13 days. the re wanted to up my dose to 225iu of menopur a day. but we got our meds through ivfmeds.com and there was no way we could get more in time to do the shots and the pharmacy wants an arm and a leg for the meds and we couldn't afford that. so we made the decision to stop this cycle. we are going to pay off debt and then get a loan hopefully in dec or so and just go all out.

I'm very sorry to hear that, so sucks that the meds are so expensive that it ruins everything. :hugs:

no_regrets - so sorry you had to cancel the cycle, I know that is frustrating for you. FX for better results next time. :hugs: Are you going to go ahead and do IVF in Dec or try IUI again? There are companies out there that finance medical procedures like IVF so if you can't get a private loan one of those might work for you too.

Edamame - sounds good, FX this is your month :dust:. I had the same feeling one month when I went in for an u/s to confirm that the follies weren't going to develop and we had to cancel. While I waited in the hall to go to an exam room the other u/s tech came out of her room talking about how the woman she just saw had twins on the way. I was so sad that day and that didn't help. Who would have guessed I would be the one with twins down the road. And at some point there was probably a woman who overheard it who was just as sad as I had been that day months before. Just goes to show it can be you next time and not to give up hope :flower:

I saw someone coming out with baby pics right after they confirmed my m/c. I wanted to die right then and there.

So sorry to hear that. :cry: I am so scared the cycle I'm on will be cancelled.

Hey ladies I wanted to update about me.... I have to have surgery before we can continue. Fibroid is just way too big and something in the cavity. So June 11th I will go under the knife for a myomectomy and hysteroscopy. Obviously this is no what I was hoping for but with a 9cm fibroid that's pushing everything to the side and something in the cavity distorting it the chances of ivf working or any pregnancy would be slim. this sets things back 3 months! Ugh! Please pray for me. Ive been researching how these surgeries are done and in a bit freaked out... I've only had 1 surgery under full anesthesia (tonsils) and never had anything on my abdomen. And I hate I will have scars! I scar really bad from even the most simple scratch. Bikini season over! Lol. I'm debating telling my mom because I worry that if something goes wrong (although it won't) I'd want her to know even though we dont really get along that well. She knows nothing about my ivf stuff so she can't be there for the surgery since the re is doing it.

hes doing it laparoscopic...only 1-2 wks recovery :) only taking 1 wk off, will reassess after that wk. he said i shouldnt need more than 2. unless he converts to open. then the 6 wks. im not really worried about the scars either if i can have a lil one (or 2 :) ) the fibroid is degenerating already so he said it should be mushy and fairly easy to get out. but no belly button incision; a larger one on my belly somewhere.and 3 more small incisions.

Sorry to hear about the set back, but like all is saying it is better being dealt with now than trying and failing at IVF.

I also had a Lap done for Ovarian Drilling and Endo removal and my recovery time was about a week. The cuts healed very nicely, one of them i dont even know where it was anymore :D

We will pray for a speedy recovery and no complications forward just a beautiful BFP :hugs:

Sorry about not getting a scan before hand but i have read a study on the success rates on a LH surge IUI vs LH & HCG Surge IUI and HCG trigger IUI, and the LH surge had the best results. I suppose it has to do with the fact that it is still more normal than HCG.

I also asked about the scan before IUI and my FS said the gel used to do the U/S killes the spermies and especially because you have to BD the same night as well it is not recommended.

Femara was wonderful for me, hope it brings your bfp!!!!

So sorry to hear you had to cancel your cycle. It is a very difficult to deal wiht all the emotions and then the financial impact of AC.

Fx'd you get a natural BFP in these months off :hugs:

How did you respond on your IVF cycle? If good, there should be no reason for worry :hugs:

Have you started meds?

AFM > I think i might have O'd on Saturday, but i forgot to temp yesterday morning so i have to wait till tomorrow morning to confirm it but this mornings temp is a post O temp for me.

So if that is right, im 3dpo - 11days to go till AF :happydance: Im so glad it will come naturally and not induced.

So AF Sunday the 17th June
CD3 Scan Tuesday 19th June - Start stims
ER Sunday 1st July
ET Friday 6th July

Hey ladies I wanted to update about me.... I have to have surgery before we can continue. Fibroid is just way too big and something in the cavity. So June 11th I will go under the knife for a myomectomy and hysteroscopy. Obviously this is no what I was hoping for but with a 9cm fibroid that's pushing everything to the side and something in the cavity distorting it the chances of ivf working or any pregnancy would be slim. this sets things back 3 months! Ugh! Please pray for me. Ive been researching how these surgeries are done and in a bit freaked out... I've only had 1 surgery under full anesthesia (tonsils) and never had anything on my abdomen. And I hate I will have scars! I scar really bad from even the most simple scratch. Bikini season over! Lol. I'm debating telling my mom because I worry that if something goes wrong (although it won't) I'd want her to know even though we dont really get along that well. She knows nothing about my ivf stuff so she can't be there for the surgery since the re is doing it.

hes doing it laparoscopic...only 1-2 wks recovery :) only taking 1 wk off, will reassess after that wk. he said i shouldnt need more than 2. unless he converts to open. then the 6 wks. im not really worried about the scars either if i can have a lil one (or 2 :) ) the fibroid is degenerating already so he said it should be mushy and fairly easy to get out. but no belly button incision; a larger one on my belly somewhere.and 3 more small incisions.

Sorry to hear about the set back, but like all is saying it is better being dealt with now than trying and failing at IVF.

I also had a Lap done for Ovarian Drilling and Endo removal and my recovery time was about a week. The cuts healed very nicely, one of them i dont even know where it was anymore :D

We will pray for a speedy recovery and no complications forward just a beautiful BFP :hugs:

Sorry about not getting a scan before hand but i have read a study on the success rates on a LH surge IUI vs LH & HCG Surge IUI and HCG trigger IUI, and the LH surge had the best results. I suppose it has to do with the fact that it is still more normal than HCG.

I also asked about the scan before IUI and my FS said the gel used to do the U/S killes the spermies and especially because you have to BD the same night as well it is not recommended.

Femara was wonderful for me, hope it brings your bfp!!!!

So sorry to hear you had to cancel your cycle. It is a very difficult to deal wiht all the emotions and then the financial impact of AC.

Fx'd you get a natural BFP in these months off :hugs:

How did you respond on your IVF cycle? If good, there should be no reason for worry :hugs:

Have you started meds?

AFM > I think i might have O'd on Saturday, but i forgot to temp yesterday morning so i have to wait till tomorrow morning to confirm it but this mornings temp is a post O temp for me.

So if that is right, im 3dpo - 11days to go till AF :happydance: Im so glad it will come naturally and not induced.

So AF Sunday the 17th June
CD3 Scan Tuesday 19th June - Start stims
ER Sunday 1st July
ET Friday 6th July

I took Femara days 3-7 and started Bravelle yesterday. Going to call in the morning. This is ridiculous. It's still full flow. And no this doesn't normally happen. I'm betting it has to do with the loss in March.

I would also call them and find out about the flow, sorry if i missed that post somewhere :hugs:

Fx'd they are fine with it and that you are just cleaning out properly.

no regreats - I'm really sorry to hear that your cycle has been cancelled, December must seem so far away. I know the worst time for me was sitting on the waiting list for IVF, at times it felt like I would never get my go ... but I was waiting for donor eggs, so it all took a lot longer than normal IVF :(

edamame - keeping it all crossed for you that you made some good follies this month ... will be watching this thread for news!

Tella - sounds like you're on a roll gitl :dance: The next bit goes so quickly :thumbup:

AFM - week 22 now and looking most definitely pregnant; pregnant enough that most people dare ask about it directly :D
I have a couple of hours painting to do this morning to finish the hall and stairs off - then all that is left to do in there is clean everything (front door has plaster splashes on it) decorators calk to fill some gaps, box in the rad (cuz the stupid plasterer made a right pigs ear of doing round it) and carpet the stairs - but I'm not carpeting anything until all plastering has been finished :thumbup:

WOW urchin, you sounds crazy busy. Are you renovating your home?

Yeah im not to bothered to wish the time away. Just enjoying the peace and quite before all the stress again.

Tella - sounds like things are moving along right on schedule :dust:

Luv - hope you can talk to someone and get some answers :hugs:

Urch - yay for 22 weeks! It's papaya time :happydance:

Not much going on with me. Officially out of work as of last Thursday so trying to get control of things around the house and make headway on clearing out the baby room so we can actually start getting that ready. Baby A moved out of the basement Saturday so feeling better but having some interesting new pains now instead :dohh:

WOW urchin, you sounds crazy busy. Are you renovating your home?

I'm doing the whole house Tella - getting it ready to sell
every room needed gutting (right back to replastering) so far I have done the sitting room, bathroom, two bedrooms, hall & stairs.

What's left is the kitchen (big job - rip one out, move gas & electric, plaster and new one in), our bedroom (plaster, decorate, carpet) little bedroom (put a window in, plaster, decorate, electrics, decorate)

Then there's all the little finishing off jobs in every room to be done.

TBH it all feels a bit overwhelming at the minute - I need everything finished before Eenie is born and the house back to rights again.

I was hoping to move before the birth too - but it's too late for that ... but if I can get the for sale sign up I will feel that we are on the right track.

Urch - yay for 22 weeks! It's papaya time :happydance:

Not much going on with me. Officially out of work as of last Thursday so trying to get control of things around the house and make headway on clearing out the baby room so we can actually start getting that ready. Baby A moved out of the basement Saturday so feeling better but having some interesting new pains now instead :dohh:

Aye - it's papaya week :D or should I say papaya 3-weeks ... I think the tickers get stuck now for a while :(

Nesting seems to be kicking in for you too then - I have never had such a NEED to have my house in order!

So....I never called. It's almost gone hopefully. But I'm telling you come Friday I can feel this cycle being cancelled. :(

Luv - try not to give up hope yet :hugs:

Urch - I figure I have to get everything done now while I can because I figure my mobility and energy will plummet big time in the next month or so.

got a quick us at work today. 1 have about 8 follies on each side each measuring around 1 cm.. largest is about 1.3. so yay no dominant... heh now the question is... do i send the pic to my doc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->