IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

DrS > In the beginning i read a day 5 being better but since then i have found that alot of people have success wiht a day 3.

Go look at this page, it helps alot. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/491023-list-your-ivf-successes-here-5.html

ILuv > Why wouldnt they do a IUI wiht 1 follie? I still did my first one wiht just one follie, however i hope you have a normal LP atleast. And with some luck have caught that eggie!!!!

AFM > Due to my longer than normal cycle (36days) my FS will only be able to do the ER but not the ET. He gave me the option to wait a month if im not comfortable wiht his colleague doing the ET. Now if it was my first IVF i would have freaked out but knowing what it entails im 100% fine with that. Told him as long as he has trust in the other FS, who am i to differ? So we are all green lights, CD3 base scan tomorrow morning at 8am :happydance:

The transfer is nothing so I would be okay with someone else doing it. Looks like it's game time for you real soon!!

IUI's are $400 cash... They thought it would be better to wait for a better cycle to do one and I fully agreed.

Dr S - he is definitely saying that based on your age. They told me the same thing and ended up switching to day 5 once there were enough going strong at day 3. The only real difference between 3 and 5 is that they can tell which is going to develop better, but there is definitely mixed opinions on whether it is better for them to be back with you sooner instead. To me, if it is going to make a baby it doesn't matter if they put it back day 3 or day 5 - and if it isn't then there is nothing they can do to make that happen either. Try to just go with the flow and if the embie is meant to be your baby then it will be :flower:

Luv - sorry your IUI got cancelled :hugs: Hope you can catch it natural. Are you going to do another IUI or go back to IVF next cycle?

Tella - I wouldn't care about who did the ET either. The ER and embryologist are the areas that seem to matter more in my mind. I was glad my RE did mine because I don't like the other one at my clinic but I suspect it was just his day to be there and I got lucky. Good luck this cycle :dust:

Sorry to hear your news Edamame - MrsB is right though, the odds really are so much better with IVF, so will be rooting for you extra hard in August :hugs

drsquid - I think the figures quoted vary so much because different clinics have different success rates at 3 and 5 days: some are much better at 3 day transfers and others shine with the 5s... go with what your Dr is best at :thumbup:
The difference, as far as I can tell, is this:

Any embryo has a better chance of survival inside a uterus than a petri dish ... so for any individual one, the best place it can possibly be, is inside you. As it will survive better inside you, it makes sense to get it there as soon as you can. Which suggests a 3 day transfer is the option to choose.

However, some embies just don't have what it takes to become fully fledged babies, so 'running them on' to 5 days gives the clinical staff time to see which are the strong ones.
The risk you run, is that a few may die each day, leaving none to transfer on day 5 (and the possibility that some of the ones that died, would have made it had they been transferred at day 3)

So, it is a gamble - to transfer on day 3 risks that the team may have selected a non-runner, but to leave it til day 5 risks that the strong runners may have all dropped out.

Like I said, some clinics have more success with 3 days, others with 5 ... all depending on their techniques and experience presumably: your Dr knows what he is good at, so I'd be inclined to go with his suggestion.

yeah i know but im a doctor too

Yeah, but you're a Dr of Squidology :rofl:

AFM - today I am painting the nursery :dance:
First coat of emulsion is on and I am soooo happy - can't wait til I have all of Eenie's things in there!

drsquid-My input is 5 day is better. That yielded DS and the last baby. But sometimes it's better to have the baby inside than in the lab. Good luck to you!

Edamame-So sorry to hear BFN. :(

Mobaby-What is that?? UG!!!!

Me-Ovulated Thursday. No IUI since we only had 1 good follicle. On suppositories and praying to God for at the very least a normal luteal phase.

i like 5 day but 3 day is fine also...

iluv: yep, me with half a uterus. my left side never formed. only took a year with my re and over $30k 2 failed ivf cycles, a m/c, a d/c, 17,000 tv ultrasounds (ok i may be exaggerating), 2 saline ultrasounds, a mri and a lap to find this out...who would have thought..means i will be high risk pregnancy, csection, preterm labor, probably bed rest, etc....the re removed the portion of uterus that never formed....oh i only have 1 tube also. at least there are 2 ovaries there. but at least im fibroid free and the slate is clean and we know exactly what we are deaing with. i believe the fibroid was distorting everything which is why it wasnt seen before. my clinic doesnt routinely do hsg when the dx is male factor infertility....maybe they should start...we would have seen this a long time ago! the radiologist when i asked to read the mri w/ me said wow your fibroid is distorting everything to the right. no, i only have everything on the right:dohh: im going to ask for him to look at it again on monday, but a little more carefully. :growlmad:

Mobaby - it's so frustrating when we go for so long without answers - then find there was something HUGE and GLARING going on in there... very glad they have found it for you now though, and you can plan accordingly :hugs:

Argh mobaby, how frustrating that it took so long to figure it out!! Hopefully now you can actually get something accomplished!

MoBaby - glad they figured it out even though it stinks that it took them so long to get there. They definitely should be doing hsg on everyone :growlmad:. FX getting everything cleared out and figured out in there will be the ticket to your sticky bean :dust:

Nearly had my cycle canceled entirely when doc realized last night I hadn't taken progesterone yet (nurses told me the wrong day). He wanted to freeze everything but I unequivocally said no to that. He then agreed that a 12 hr delay was no big deal.

Oy totally hit my sciatic last night. Didnt sleep cause of pain in my butt. I don't remember what all I wrote before but the doc actually called me back a second time to say he thought it wouldn't be a problem. I told him I never thought it would be. I had 13 follicles. All of them with be producing progesterone so it isn't like there is none. Besides I was only starting 12 hrs late. So this am the stupid shower had no water pressure... Sigh. Doc of course
Called as I was heading across the bay bridge. Turns out I have 8 embryos that have 8-10 cells do they are gonna go to blast. He was saying how unexpected that was at my age , so I said "see I'm special". He got all serious and was like... We need to manage expectations and they won't all go to blast etc. umm duh. I then went and stopped at the clinic that is gonna do the transfer to get more needles and get them to do my shot today cause I just couldn't face it. Also told them when was best for me Monday (doc was all like... We have to work with their schedule etc... Umm dude squeaky wheel and all). So all is good now other than ass pain

Glad all got worked out DrS. Told you he was making assumptions based on your age - you showed him :winkwink:. 8 embies is awesome! :yipee:

I don't think I started progesterone before transfer, but I could just be remembering wrong. Either way I don't think you will have a problem. Glad you were able to get things sorted at the transfer clinic. Yeah, you have to work with their schedule but it isn't like they can't be flexible if they know to book you in a particular slot before putting someone there who it doesn't matter after all :thumbup: Have everything crossed for Monday for you :dust:

Thanks. Yay 8 am Monday. Court starts at 9 so I'll only be an hour or 2 late :)

Mobaby-That's crazy!! I hope things go better from here on out! HUGS!

drsquid-Good luck to you!!! Yea a 12 hour delay is nothing to cancel for!

Mrs. Bear-No idea... I will have to get a consult together and see what they want to do.

Yay for day5 transfer! GL with it tomorrow morning!

I'm just done with u/s, all clear and looks great was his words.

So meds starts tonight :happydance:

sending strong growy vibes over to DrS's embies ... 8 is a fantastic number :dance:

Tella - you're on a roll ... this is gonna be a good month :D

Big hugs to Iluv - you have an awesome inner strength chikkie. :hugs:

AFM I'm just waiting for the bath to run, then I shall get ready for the day and finish the emulsioning in the nursery. I am aware that bathing before painting is an odd way round of doing it, but I find it very hard to do anything at all until I've had a bath to clear the cobwebs!

Oh gosh DrS! I'd forgotten about the no baths ... I HATED that :growlmad:
especially as we have no shower, so my only option was those rubber jobbies that you bung on your taps.

Not nice, not nice at all :nope:

so i had 4 grade 1, 2 grade 2 and 5 grade 3 blasts. had 2 transfered, 1 frozen today and they are checking again tomorrow to see if more make the freezing grade. the transfer went well today (other than lying down on the table which was excrutiating on my poor tushie). was only 30 min late to court and the lawyers and judge were actually on a sidebar anyway so no one even noticed. figure it isnt bed rest.. but i sat all day without doing much. tomorrow night my new meds come in but.. i dont have to do another shot (this am was the last one.. sucked to have to do it knowing how bad it would be)

btw named them inky and squirt

so i had 4 grade 1, 2 grade 2 and 5 grade 3 blasts. had 2 transfered, 1 frozen today and they are checking again tomorrow to see if more make the freezing grade. the transfer went well today (other than lying down on the table which was excrutiating on my poor tushie). was only 30 min late to court and the lawyers and judge were actually on a sidebar anyway so no one even noticed. figure it isnt bed rest.. but i sat all day without doing much. tomorrow night my new meds come in but.. i dont have to do another shot (this am was the last one.. sucked to have to do it knowing how bad it would be)

btw named them inky and squirt

Good luck to you! officially in the 2ww~!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->