IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Urchin-So exciting!!! Is there a reason for the c-section??

Edamame-Almost there!!!

Thanks ladies!!!

it's because of the op I had 2 years ago - open surgery for a mahoosive fibroid :thumbup:

Best to not mess around then! Can't wait to hear all about about her! Wonder how Mrs. Bear is doing.

Mobaby- I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it isn't true but you know your body best. :hugs: And you're right, this whole thing just sucks.

Iluv- so happy to hear, what a great beta!

Urchin- WOW how time flies, you get to meet little Eenie so soon, it is hard to believe it! Can't wait!

AFM- My RE has been reducing my meds after every checkup because he was very worried about OHSS (my estrogen levels were crazy high too), so I'm now down to 10 follicles each side, but they are about 18-22mm and ready to go! So, trigger at 10:15 tonight, check in for egg retrevial Thursday morning. Sure hope there are some nice eggies in those follies! DH's SA was very good, so I shouldn't be worried about not doing ICSI, just one more thing to freak myself out over. I can't believe it is finally happening. I'm trying to stay very calm and not get overly hopeful- from seeing everyone's ups and downs on these threads I know it is a nasty rollercoaster most of the time.

Yay for triggering tonight! I can't wait to hear how your ER goes.

News from Urchin Towers - I had my scan and antenatal today and:
Eenie is measuring at 7lbs 10oz ... so, a fair size but not outside the lines
Her tummy is in proportion, no sign of diabetes flabbiness
Fluid is at normal levels again - biggest pool measured 7.6
Dr is happy with bloods now I'm on double metformin - said no need for insulin
Pre-op booked for 1st October
C-section remains 2nd October
So 7 DAYS TIL WE MEET EENIE :wohoo:

Oooo exiting Edamame - go follies! go follies!

Not much longer until you get to see your LO. How exciting!!

ILuv~ I'm sure she is doing great just enjoying the babies. How are you doing?

I think women know their bodies very well. i knew something wasnt right as soon as i took my second hpt. sigh. we will do fet. trying to work it out in november. if af comes in next couple of days it will work. if delayed any longer than a few days then i will have to wait until jan b/c my clinic ivf down for the holidays. lame. im paying tens of thousands of dollars for treatment and i cant be treated when i want. whatever. and i cant see my dr until oct 18th. thats bull in my opinion. umm excuse me mr this is my third cycle at least call me or something or squeeze me in. anyways nurse will put me on fet protocol before my follow-up if time line works out.

I think women know their bodies very well. i knew something wasnt right as soon as i took my second hpt. sigh. we will do fet. trying to work it out in november. if af comes in next couple of days it will work. if delayed any longer than a few days then i will have to wait until jan b/c my clinic ivf down for the holidays. lame. im paying tens of thousands of dollars for treatment and i cant be treated when i want. whatever. and i cant see my dr until oct 18th. thats bull in my opinion. umm excuse me mr this is my third cycle at least call me or something or squeeze me in. anyways nurse will put me on fet protocol before my follow-up if time line works out.

Same with my last clinic. We had to delay our FET a month because of the holidays.

Same with my last clinic. We had to delay our FET a month because of the holidays.

Ugh, that is horrible. Seriously we are spending so much money (and so much emotion) on this process it seems like your clinic could try and make it a little easier! I know everyone needs a holiday but jeez, the doctors could trade off or something!

Good luck tomorrow Edamame! The ladies back there are really nice and attentive. :winkwink: I'm sure everything will go great. I can't wait to hear your report.

Oh bum :(
I think you're right though MoBaby ... we often know what's going on with our bodies well before science can confirm it. xxx

I am finally home! Everything went very well, I don't remember a thing. :) 22 eggs total! The embryologist came in to recommend that we change to ICSI because although DH's motility and everything was great, there were only about 8mil. He was pretty disappointed that it was so low- he's been doing fertility vitamins and exercising more. But I'm perfectly happy, they only need 22 good ones, right? We'll get the fertilization report tomorrow morning... Fingers crossed for a bunch!
Thanks everyone for your good thoughts!

icsi is great. highest rates of fertilization and no real downside. yay for 22

Yay for 22 eggs! ICSI is a great way to go. I can't wait to hear your report tomorrow!

22 is a very good number - way to go hon :hugs:

Now, sit back and wait for the petri-lerve to commence!

as much as it sucks to have to go through all this we def get the coolest "first" baby pics =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->