IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

6 frosties!! It is such a relief to know we will have more chances if this doesn't work. Whew!

yay for 6 frosties!! not that you will need them

ay up, sorry for being MIA this week - i was able to get on bnb from the hospital, but it was so awkward to post using the hospital system that I couldnt be arsed with updating more than one place! Sorry about that

Sooooo, the news from Urchin Towers:
Aoife Grace (you pronounce it Ee-fa) was born at 9:44 on 2nd Oct weighing 7lbs 4oz.
The c-section was fairly uneventful, apart from the anaesthatist having to do an awful lot of hoking around in my spine with his excessively long needles *shudder*

I was passed Aoife for skin to skin cuddles straight after she was born and all seemed ok, but she was very snuffly and after about half an hour they discovered she wasn't able to breath through her nose.
Pediatrics were called and they found that they couldn't pass a tube up her nose at all (and were worried that she might have a fused boney plate completely blocking her airways - I forget what they called it) So she was sent to intensive care and I went to recovery and then up to the ward .... where I waited for 7 hours

Mr Urch was able to go down to see her, but because I'd had a spinal block I couldn't get up off the bed. Normally they would have taken me, bed and all down to see her - but there was a 28 week preemie in the bay next to Aoife that they were operating on, so there was no room for me.

And ICU then just kept stalling, til in the end the midwife rang them up and said 'this mum hasn't seen her baby for 7 hours, I've booked a porter, she's on her way' Go midwifey!

So I finally got to see her about 5pm and she was in a heated cot all covered in wires and attached to monitors and things that go beep and bing and wahhhhh

She was down there until Thursday at about 4pm, when they moved her to just the normal special baby care ward. While she was there they'd managed to pass tubes up both nostrils, so ruled out bony obstructions and started her on decongestants to shift whatever was up there.

She was to stay in special care for another day, with me going down to feed her through the night - but they brought her up to me at 11.30 Thursday night on the ward
FINALLY I'd got my Aoife back.

So Friday I spent the day cuddling and feeding her and they decided we were ready to discharge in the afternoon (though the paperwork took til 7pm)

And I can't tell you how good it is to be home
The good thing about the ICU and SCBU is that partners can visit any time they like - so Mr Urch was able to be with us a lot more than he would be able to on the ward .... but what I hated with ICU was that Aoife felt like their patient, not my baby.
and it was so stressful there, with machines beeping and binging and wahhing - and it was hard not to sit and watch Aoife's monitor all the time.

SCBU was much better - we had a little corner and a screen, and a big comfy electric recliner chair ... and the objective was to get her feeding. So I just sat cuddling her and trying my best to get her to feed.

But it is all so much better now we are home - a proper little family unit. Mr Urch is absolutely smitten with her - he has turned into a big puddle of goo. I think it has blown him away just how much she has melted his heart

So here we are, all at home, Aoife 4 days old, our lives are upside down and we love it

And before I forget - here's some pictures
First one she is 1 day old on ICU
The other 3 she is 3 days old and back on the ward with her mummy

Attachments

• 299_4277775977074_816427056_n.jpg
    299_4277775977074_816427056_n.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 1020_4288099155147_1425357817_n.jpg
    1020_4288099155147_1425357817_n.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 73903_4288099235149_1971685072_n.jpg
    73903_4288099235149_1971685072_n.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 285621_4288099035144_661597213_n.jpg
    285621_4288099035144_661597213_n.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 7
She is beautiful! Congrats! Sorry there were a few complications but I'm glad everything is ok now. Glad you guys are all home now and enjoying every minute.

Thanks everyone - she is utterly gorgeous and we are totally smitten :cloud9:

Huge congrats urchin!!! She is adorable!

awww didnt get to see pics before. she is soo cute (and it is choanal atresia if you wanted to remember... though being as it was traumatic and she didnt have it..)

So I have become Mrs Pizza face- serious acne that started at one ear, made its way up around my forehead and all around the other side to my chin, just since yesterday morning. Is this a reaction to the hormones? It just seems like it would have started earlier in the process if that's what it was, but I don't know anything obviously. Any one else have something like this happen? I'm going to call my doc in the morning but it is really freaky, not looking forward to going in to work like this!!

So I have become Mrs Pizza face- serious acne that started at one ear, made its way up around my forehead and all around the other side to my chin, just since yesterday morning. Is this a reaction to the hormones? It just seems like it would have started earlier in the process if that's what it was, but I don't know anything obviously. Any one else have something like this happen? I'm going to call my doc in the morning but it is really freaky, not looking forward to going in to work like this!!

It could be your hormones which would be a great thing! Is there anything that you have changed to your soaps or anything? For me I always got a few pimples before AF and after my bfp my face got horrible. As I said earlier it still is. Mine are in the same exact spots you are talking about and it drives me crazy. Nothing I do helps. If it would make you feel better you could call the doc and see what he says.

I haven't changed anything with my soap or shampoo, I thought yesterday it might have been a reaction to the makeup I wore on Friday but it was just my regular makeup (although I don't wear it every day). I've always been lucky in the acne department, never really had much even as a teenager, so this is awful. Sorry you are having to deal with it too although it makes me feel better to not be alone, and hopeful that this is a good sign!!

Edamame-Mine is a mess!!! I usually take Bactrim for the acne caused by PCOS. But obviously I had to stop it and the result is a less than stellar appearance.

Scan in the morning!!!!!

awww didnt get to see pics before. she is soo cute (and it is choanal atresia if you wanted to remember... though being as it was traumatic and she didnt have it..)

THAT'S the one! Thanks DrSqueeeeeeed!
glad she didn't have it though :thumbup:

she is indeed super-cute - we're smitten :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back