IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Good luck for your scans tomorrow SquirrelGirl and Wanting2010 :dust:

constancev18 and JDH1982 - Did you have your consults today? How did it go?

Mrs Bear.... You are soooo good at keeping up with everyone!! I don't know how you do it! I am a scatterbrain!!! haha! :)

I cheat Berki :xmas12: I try to update the list on page 1 when anyone has a date coming up then go check that :blush: Otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep it all straight... I'm still trying to decide if I should organize the list but so far I'm being lazy and just adding people at the bottom as they join.

Well we all appreciate it :) Have a wonderful weekend !!!!

Springy -- my scan isn't until tomorrow. Boooo! But at least I have the day off work tomorrow, so I'm going to treat myself to some shopping once I'm done. Celebrate if the scan goes well, and drown my sorrows if it doesn't.

Pink -- I actually have been spotting ever since AF even though I've been on Lupron and Follistim. I called my clinic yesterday and they weren't concerned "at this point".

Good luck with your scan tomorrow...I have one too! :thumbup:

Springy -- my scan isn't until tomorrow. Boooo! But at least I have the day off work tomorrow, so I'm going to treat myself to some shopping once I'm done. Celebrate if the scan goes well, and drown my sorrows if it doesn't.

Pink -- I actually have been spotting ever since AF even though I've been on Lupron and Follistim. I called my clinic yesterday and they weren't concerned "at this point".

You know what the really sad part is .... I know its on Friday and I was TOTALLY thinking all morning this morning that it was Friday! Means tomorrow at work is going to be a really really long day ;)

I haven't been able to keep track of days at all lately. I got off work last night convinced that I didn't have to work today, and when I realized that I DID have to work today I was sooo disappointed. :haha:

:hi: ladies
Mind if I join you?
I'm waiting to start a new cycle in january after my current cycle was cancelled today :(
I started dr on the 16th nov and was due to start stimming tomorrow but can't due to af being a no show :dohh:

So sorry that your cycle was cancelled!! How disappointing!! :hugs:

Good luck for your scans tomorrow SquirrelGirl and Wanting2010 :dust:

constancev18 and JDH1982 - Did you have your consults today? How did it go?

Thank you so much for the good luck wishes! :hugs:

Welcome Pink Lolly, Princess, and Hockey24 :wave:

Pink Lolly~ I'm doing IUI as well although until tonight it has been unmedicated. I think this trigger shot I'm taking tonight makes me somewhat medicated :shrug:. Good luck on your IUI this month!!

Princess~ sorry about your cancelled cycle this month. Hopefully Jan. will be much better for you!

Hockey~ I will keep my fx for you that this will be it and no IVF in the coming months.

Mrs. Bear~ You say DH is in the Army also. I would like to say thank you for everything you and him both do. I know its hard on us DW's as it's never an easy thing to deal with.

Quick question about the injection tonight... DH puts the needle all the way in correct?? The nurse didn't mention this and it's my first one. She did say at a 90 degree angle so straight into the stomach area. Probably a silly question and I think he needs to put it all the way in but I just want to double check before we do it later on this evening.

Thank you everyone for all your help and support. We all need it at times and I just want you all to know it is greatly appreciated. :hugs::hugs:

Mrs. Bear~ You say DH is in the Army also. I would like to say thank you for everything you and him both do. I know its hard on us DW's as it's never an easy thing to deal with.

Quick question about the injection tonight... DH puts the needle all the way in correct?? The nurse didn't mention this and it's my first one. She did say at a 90 degree angle so straight into the stomach area. Probably a silly question and I think he needs to put it all the way in but I just want to double check before we do it later on this evening.

Yes, he is Cavalry. They are in Afghanistan right now but I'm hoping to have him home with me very very soon :xmas12:. Is your DH still active duty?

As far as the needle, yes put it all the way in. It should inject pretty easily. I haven't had issues with bleeding or anything with abdominal shots. Every now and then a small light bruise but nothing major. If you angle the needle very slightly downward you will have less risk of any coming back out when you remove the needle. My instructions say 45-90 degrees so if it isn't exactly 90 you are ok.

Yes, he is Cavalry. They are in Afghanistan right now but I'm hoping to have him home with me very very soon :xmas12:. Is your DH still active duty?

As far as the needle, yes put it all the way in. It should inject pretty easily. I haven't had issues with bleeding or anything with abdominal shots. Every now and then a small light bruise but nothing major. If you angle the needle very slightly downward you will have less risk of any coming back out when you remove the needle. My instructions say 45-90 degrees so if it isn't exactly 90 you are ok.

He is not active anymore... with that said he does still go to Afghanistan though. He is a civilian over there and he is based in Kandahar. He goes 6 weeks on and about 4 weeks off so its not the worst of the worst. DH will leave again on the 19th so 2 days after our anniversary.

Thanks for the info on the shot :flower:

AF did not show her face today!!! I am so mad!!! I always get af on the 3rd day after stopping provera its been that way the last 6 months! but I am not even cramping! why is my body doing this to me? I just want to start my next cycle so i can start injectables with iui!!! ](*,)

AF did not show her face today!!! I am so mad!!! I always get af on the 3rd day after stopping provera its been that way the last 6 months! but I am not even cramping! why is my body doing this to me? I just want to start my next cycle so i can start injectables with iui!!! ](*,)

:hugs: Hopefully she shows soon so that you can begin IUI!! Waiting for AF is always a hard thing, when it's normally 3 days after stopping provera I can imagine thats worse :flower:

:hi: ladies
Mind if I join you?
I'm waiting to start a new cycle in january after my current cycle was cancelled today :(
I started dr on the 16th nov and was due to start stimming tomorrow but can't due to af being a no show :dohh:

Welcome Princess :hi:
Sorry your cycle was cancelled due to AF not showing up. The one time you actually want her :dohh: There are a lot of us on here in January. Have they given you an idea of your dates yet? I'm set to start stims 1/7 myself.

Thanks for the lovely welcome girls :hugs:

No dates as of yet but it will definatly be January, there gunna send me a pill to go on so they can guarantee my period for this cycle I'm also gunna ask if they can send me my new dr injection so I can do that over Xmas and maybe start stimming as soon as they open fr new year, here's hoping anyway!

Is that what their doing with you mrs bear or are you on short protocol?

Hello ladies! I have been checking in on folks but haven't posted in a while. My attention span leaves a bit to be desired so I feel bad not responding to everyone. Know that it isn't intentional. :)

Princess - Welcome to the roller coaster.
Mrs. Bear - Any update as to when hubby will be home?

For those with scans today - Sending you lots of follicle dust :)

We are still in a holding pattern. I expect CD1 to be early next week so I will start BCP then. I did the disease testing last week and no news is good news. 5 Vials of blood. I'm not sure I have any left! We are expecting to start stims early in January. It is starting to feel real. I can't wait to start the injections. (it is a sick world we live in w/infertility)

Is anyone taking DHEA? My FS had me start it last month. I have had a wierd stomach for a couple of weeks so not sure if it is related.

31, totally understand everything you said! Once I started injections it felt like I was making progress. Not just waiting.

And man, is my attention span dwindling by the second. Heck, after I finish an injection I panic for a second wondering if I did the correct dose.... I keep checking the paper that has it written down to make sure I'm doing it right. :dohh:

Is anyone taking DHEA? My FS had me start it last month. I have had a wierd stomach for a couple of weeks so not sure if it is related.

I do not. I take a prenatal, 2000 iu of Vitamin D3, 600 mg of CoQ10, and Omega 3-6-9 (can't remember the dose on that one).

What is the DHEA supposed to help with?

Squirrel - How are the injections going? Are you doing the Lupron & Follistim now? Any side effects? Those two are on my drug list for January along with Menopur. Do you have estimated dates for the ER and ET?

The DHEA is supposed to help with eqq quality and to help prevent miscarriage. I have researched it a bit online and it is like an anti-aging vitamin. I had super low AMH so maybe it isn't standard for most people.

My test are still lightly faintly positive, hope it darkens.

:hugs: sorry AF isn't cooperating. Hopefully she will show in the next couple days

He is not active anymore... with that said he does still go to Afghanistan though. He is a civilian over there and he is based in Kandahar. He goes 6 weeks on and about 4 weeks off so its not the worst of the worst. DH will leave again on the 19th so 2 days after our anniversary.
DH has mentioned being a civilian contractor but I don't think he is seriously considering it. I don't know what would be worse, having them gone the year or having to constantly be sending them over like you are. Either way it isn't fun :hugs: Sorry he has to leave right after your anniversary and right before the holidays. Are you freezing any sperm so you can still try on the cycles while he is away? We froze some so I could try this year and I still like having them so if DH has a problem day of or if he can't get away from work there is a backup.

No dates as of yet but it will definatly be January, there gunna send me a pill to go on so they can guarantee my period for this cycle I'm also gunna ask if they can send me my new dr injection so I can do that over Xmas and maybe start stimming as soon as they open fr new year, here's hoping anyway!

Is that what their doing with you mrs bear or are you on short protocol?
Yes, I am on short protocol - I suspect due to my age and PCOS. I am already on BCP now since my Sept cycle was 49 days and I didn't want another long cycle delaying things. I also didn't want to risk having a cyst show up and crash the party so the BCP will help suppress that. I will start my pre-IVF BCP on 12/12 and then go in 1/3 for a baseline scan and E2 level.

Mrs. Bear - Any update as to when hubby will be home?
No dates yet but I have a general idea. They can't say a lot because they don't want the dates of troop movements to get into the wrong hands. Plus they don't want to give a day and have it delayed. I will know about 3 days ahead of time. Not long now though :xmas12:

My test are still lightly faintly positive, hope it darkens.
Hope they start to get darker for you soon Angel :dust:

The DHEA is supposed to help with eqq quality and to help prevent miscarriage. I have researched it a bit online and it is like an anti-aging vitamin. I had super low AMH so maybe it isn't standard for most people.
I asked my RE about it last week and he said since I have PCOS they wouldn't put me on it. Same with CoQ10.

Mrs. Bear we do freeze just because of the fact that he is gone SO much. You are right... either way it isn't fun with them being gone. I look at it this way... I would rather be without him for the time he is over there than be without forever. Thinking of it that way helps me not feel so sad sometimes. I saw that you don't know the dates as of when DH will be home, hopefully it is very soon though :hugs: I wish him safe travels home!!

Will you start another cycle as soon as he gets home?

I do not. I take a prenatal, 2000 iu of Vitamin D3, 600 mg of CoQ10, and Omega 3-6-9 (can't remember the dose on that one).

What is the DHEA supposed to help with?

What time is your scan today??? I'm getting antsy for some results :)

I went to the store to look at CoQ10 then wondered if this was something I should be asking my doctor about before starting it. Any idea why they selected 600 mg for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->