IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

I was told acupuncture increases the odds of a BFP, so i did it starting the day of transfer (she came to the clinic and did it in the same room as the transfer), then i continued to do it once a week through week 8. I was supposed to keep going thru week 10 but my schedule got busy and time got away from me..

Back from acupuncture. I go into more detail in my journal but I REALLY liked it. I already have another session scheduled for next week :xmas12:

I found a clinic online that recommends going at least once a week starting about a month prior to IVF and then adding a session for ER and ET. So I'm gonna try to do that. After all the money for IVF I figure a little extra help can't hurt.

I'm going once a week too and hoping that I can get in a few extra times around ER and ET. I was almost asleep today, it is definitely relaxing!!! Glad you liked it :):xmas17:

Hey Springy! Im having acupuncture done on me tomorrow. Ive done it in the past. Very relaxing. Will be doing it tomorrow and next week. And i will discuss with the acupuncturist how often she thinks I should come in for it.

How much is acupuncture on average? The guy I am going to is 100 for the 1st appt then 75 for each additional appointment. Not sure if that is average.

Hi everyone :wave:

After last weeks disasterous scan I'm pleased today that today's went really well and I'm ready to go - the higher dose of 75iu puregon has worked My lining is 9.2 mm and I have one big follicle at 19mm. So we're ready to go! :thumbup: Trigger shot (ovitrelle) is tonight at 9 and iui is Friday at 1pm! :happydance: :happydance:

Pink Lolly.. Good Luck!! Will be stalking you :)

Hi everyone :waves:

After last weeks disasterous scan I'm pleased today that today's went really well and I'm ready to go - the higher dose of 75iu puregon has worked My lining is 9.2 mm and I have one big follicle at 19mm. So we're ready to go! :thumbup: Trigger shot (ovitrelle) is tonight at 9 and iui is Friday at 1pm! :happydance: :happydance:

All the best Pink lolly. I will be trailing you cos you r like 2 days ahead of me hope we get a BFP together:hugs:

Hi everyone :waves:

All the best Pink lolly. I will be trailing you cos you r like 2 days ahead of me hope we get a BFP together:hugs:

Thanks Sekky - fingers crossed for us both! Sending you lots of :dust:

How much is acupuncture on average? The guy I am going to is 100 for the 1st appt then 75 for each additional appointment. Not sure if that is average.

My initial was $135 and subsequent treatments are $75 so yours is right in line.

Mrs. Bear -- you are really kicking butt at keeping track of everything! You're so thoughtful! Way to be the best thread leader! :flower:

I agree! Thank you for being so awesome and keeping "the list" updated, Mrs. Bear!! :flower:

Morning all, just got my day 7 scan and it is one dominant follicle of abt 14mm so one more shot of gonal f tomorrow and another scan on friday to see how big it gets. The RE says its a good one and am hoping 1 is my magic number. How is everyone else doing?

That sounds great! Grow, follie, grow! :hugs:

I met with the nurse this morning to have blood work done. I will be starting BCP today. They are ordering the medications today. Yikes! It is really happening! We have a book's worth of consent forms to sign and we go back on 12/30 for the mock transfer. Then on 1/3 I will have an ultrasound and will start lupron 1/6 and stims 1/7. Wow. One month away.

I saw someone asking about the various protocols. I'm not sure what the difference is between the regular short one and the microflare. I know on microflare you only take lupron for one day before you start the stims. Then you take the stims + the lupron until you trigger.

Good luck with everything! I'm sure everything is gonna start happening fast! :hugs:

Great news! Good luck with your IUI! :dust:

All the talk about acupuncture has me wanting to try it! I'm not sure there's even anywhere around here that does it, though! :shrug:

I had my scan today and have two follies in the game, 1x16mm and 1x15mm, plus a couple small ones between 10-11mm. Two good follies is exactly what we wanted. I take 75 iu of Menopur tonight and go back tomorrow for another scan. RE said I might trigger tomorrow. :happydance:

Today I feel down. I feel like I hate the world for doing this to me and I know it could be worse but for me, right now, this is my worst. Sigh... I don't want to wait, I just want to get started, I am mad at the Docs for putting me on clomid (with no real reason for doing so), I am just plain mad... sigh...

Is it January 14 yet??!

Morning all, just got my day 7 scan and it is one dominant follicle of abt 14mm so one more shot of gonal f tomorrow and another scan on friday to see how big it gets. The RE says its a good one and am hoping 1 is my magic number. How is everyone else doing?
Sounds like they will probably have you trigger around Friday or Saturday. Plenty of women get their BFP with only one eggie :dust:
I met with the nurse this morning to have blood work done. I will be starting BCP today. They are ordering the medications today. Yikes! It is really happening! We have a book's worth of consent forms to sign and we go back on 12/30 for the mock transfer. Then on 1/3 I will have an ultrasound and will start lupron 1/6 and stims 1/7. Wow. One month away.
Yay! :yipee: We are definitely on the same schedule - even our ultrasounds are the same day :xmas12:

Acupuncture scheduled. Um..... For tomorrow. Yikes!. Going to give it a shot. No pun intended. ha ha

I was told acupuncture increases the odds of a BFP, so i did it starting the day of transfer (she came to the clinic and did it in the same room as the transfer), then i continued to do it once a week through week 8. I was supposed to keep going thru week 10 but my schedule got busy and time got away from me..

My RE recommends acupuncture when he tends to 'pooh pooh' everything else as not really having an impact. He says anything that will reduce stress can make a huge difference. FX he is right :xmas12:

My acupuncturist charges $80 for the first session then after that offers a package that brings the price to about $67 for each additional session. I plan to go weekly and then probably twice a week once I start stims. As much as it relaxes me I may keep it up a few times a month after that too. We will see...

Yay! Glad to hear it worked out for this cycle after all :happydance:

All the talk about acupuncture has me wanting to try it! I'm not sure there's even anywhere around here that does it, though! :shrug:

I had my scan today and have two follies in the game, 1x16mm and 1x15mm, plus a couple small ones between 10-11mm. Two good follies is exactly what we wanted. I take 75 iu of Menopur tonight and go back tomorrow for another scan. RE said I might trigger tomorrow. :happydance:
Check with your RE. Mine recommended a specific one and when we talked before my session she asked specific questions even down to what meds and protocol I will be on. Might as well see if they have one they work with.

And yay for 2 beautiful follies :yipee:

Today I feel down. I feel like I hate the world for doing this to me and I know it could be worse but for me, right now, this is my worst. Sigh... I don't want to wait, I just want to get started, I am mad at the Docs for putting me on clomid (with no real reason for doing so), I am just plain mad... sigh...

Is it January 14 yet??!

So sorry you are having a down day berki :hugs: I think that is just part of the process with assisted conception. One day you are feeling great and are really positive and the next you feel like it is all hopeless. Big hugs and hope things look up soon :hugs:

As for clomid, most docs start with that if you are having trouble ttc regardless of what the problem might be. I think because it is fairly inexpensive compared to everything else :shrug:

So sorry you are having a down day berki :hugs: I think that is just part of the process with assisted conception. One day you are feeling great and are really positive and the next you feel like it is all hopeless. Big hugs and hope things look up soon :hugs:

As for clomid, most docs start with that if you are having trouble ttc regardless of what the problem might be. I think because it is fairly inexpensive compared to everything else :shrug:

Thanks, I am sure tomorrow will be a better day. I know they generally go with clomid to start of but with DH having a family history of male factor, I just felt they should have investigated him further first when everything for ME checked out perfectly. sigh. Hopefully time will go by fast!

WOW! We are up to 44 ladies on this thread!!! :xmas1: This is the place to be :xmas12:

Thanks for doing a wonderful job in keeping us together :hugs:

I have been lurking around and reading everyones post :coffee:

Acupuncture seems to be the thing to do with IVF, haven't thought of trying it this time around, but have heard good things about it. :thumbup:

Today would have been my ER, so have been thinking of that all day, but went to IHOP and had pancakes to feel better :xmas2:

My new medications will come tomorrow and after that just waiting for AF to arrive :witch:

So happy to read about everyones ultrasounds and visits wishing everyone lots of :dust:

I just started a journal, the link to that and my blog are both in my signature, I hope I did it right :)

Woohoo!!! :baby:

Is it January 14 yet??!

I know this feeling all to well Hun, my initial ivf consultation was June 10th and since then I've had set back and delays galore, cysts, low rubella immunity, doctors and bloody forms and now af cancelled this cycle,
I often think this isn't ment to be but we'll see what the new year brings :shrug:

Pink lolly - good luck hun, got everything crossed for you!! :hugs:

Princess --- Our struggles make us stronger right!!! New Year = New Start for all of us!! Sorry about your recent bad luck but once you get all of that sorted out it will happen, it has to :)

MEH.... what a rollercoaster. I had my third ultrasound today and now they can only see SIX follicles. WTF...... But going to trigger tonight and doing the ER on Friday.....

I hope they are the best six follicles EVAR!

Good luck squirrel.. will be stalking for your results on Friday.. FX for superstar follies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->