IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Good luck squirrel for tonight and Friday, hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Berki - :thumbup:

MEH.... what a rollercoaster. I had my third ultrasound today and now they can only see SIX follicles. WTF...... But going to trigger tonight and doing the ER on Friday.....

I hope they are the best six follicles EVAR!

Good luck!!! I only had 6 with my first IVF and ended up pregnant. I m/c shortly after but I think it was progesterone failure related.

MEH.... what a rollercoaster. I had my third ultrasound today and now they can only see SIX follicles. WTF...... But going to trigger tonight and doing the ER on Friday.....

A lot of times I think it depends on who is doing the scan and what angle they happen to hit it at. Several of my IUIs I had two very close together that depending on the angle could look like one or two. If the tech hadn't happened to move it the right way as she was switching sides she would have missed the other one. I can't imagine the follies from the other day just 'vanished' in two days.

Either way, FX for awesome follies turning into awesome eggies come Friday :xmas12:

:dust:

I moved my acupuncture appt to Monday. I guess they don't want you to go while you have AF. So question for you ladies that have gone - what does one wear to an appointment?

:hi: girls!

good news

clinic have called with half of my protocol, i have emailed asking whats next date wise but anyway

they have now changed my protocol
they said im to stay on my pill and take my last one on the 31st december (new years eve ;))
then one af has arrived i start stimming on cd2
i have a scan booked for the 3rd january :happydance:

good news

clinic have called with half of my protocol, i have emailed asking whats next date wise but anyway

they said im to stay on my pill and take my last one on the 31st december (new years eve ;))
i have a scan booked for the 3rd
january :happydance:

Yay that's great news! Not long to wait! X

I know this feeling all to well Hun, my initial ivf consultation was June 10th and since then I've had set back and delays galore, cysts, low rubella immunity, doctors and bloody forms and now af cancelled this cycle,
I often think this isn't ment to be but we'll see what the new year brings :shrug:

Pink lolly - good luck hun, got everything crossed for you!! :hugs:

How long did they make you wait because of low rubella immunity? I was told I had to have a rubella booster yesterday at my IVF appointment with the nurse coordinator and she told me only 30 days but if it is longer than that I may hold off getting the booster!!!!

Princess --- Our struggles make us stronger right!!! New Year = New Start for all of us!! Sorry about your recent bad luck but once you get all of that sorted out it will happen, it has to :)

AMEN to that .... I am totally a stronger person because of this journey. Although there are days I question my strength and my sanity!!!

I am sure they just didn't disappear. I'm betting the tech just didn't see them. I won't be surprised if you go in and they retrieve 8 or 9 eggs. BUT with that said Harvest2009 had only 6 retrieved in September and she is pregnant with twins now. 6 is MORE than enough!!!! Hang in there :hugs:

I moved my acupuncture appt to Monday. I guess they don't want you to go while you have AF. So question for you ladies that have gone - what does one wear to an appointment?

I go straight from work so I'm in my dress clothes ... they just hike up your shirt to expose your belly and pull them down slightly so they can insert some around your hips and just above your uterus. Then they will also hike up your pants and put some in your legs / feet. I then flip over and she pulls up my shirt a bit and puts some in my back. Just wear comfy clothes as you want to be as relaxed and comfortable is possible.

good news

YAY! Things are getting started for you!!!!!

AFM had my appointment with the IVF nurse yesterday. I will be doing 10 to 14 days of Suprefact to downregulate then stimulation 8 to 12 days using Gonal F 187.5IU and 75IU Luveris. Trigger then retrieval and transfer - aiming for a day 5 transfer!

Debating about when to start and which cycle to do the IVF in. I wrote more about it in my journal if you want to read about my debate hop on over!

I know this feeling all to well Hun, my initial ivf consultation was June 10th and since then I've had set back and delays galore, cysts, low rubella immunity, doctors and bloody forms and now af cancelled this cycle,
I often think this isn't ment to be but we'll see what the new year brings :shrug:

Pink lolly - good luck hun, got everything crossed for you!! :hugs:

How long did they make you wait because of low rubella immunity? I was told I had to have a rubella booster yesterday at my IVF appointment with the nurse coordinator and she told me only 30 days but if it is longer than that I may hold off getting the booster!!!!

yeah they told me i wouldnt be able to have the egg transfer for less then a month after the injection, other things stopped us after that so the timing wasnt a concern :hugs:

yeah they told me i wouldnt be able to have the egg transfer for less then a month after the injection, other things stopped us after that so the timing wasnt a concern :hugs:

Phew so I can go have it next week and be good to go with a retrieval / transfer at the end of Jan if that is when we opt to do it. One less thing to stress about .... :thumbup:

yep :thumbup:
when i went to the doctor for the jab the fs said to check with her how long
so when i asked she said i think its 3 months i was like :saywhat:
nd then she goes oh no it says here its only a month, i was like phewww :haha:

yep :thumbup:
when i went to the doctor for the jab the fs said to check with her how long
so when i asked she said i think its 3 months i was like :saywhat:
nd then she goes oh no it says here its only a month, i was like phewww :haha:

My friend was told 3 months then yesterday the IVF nurse said "I think its 30 days" seriously can someone give me a straight answer?!?! I did put a call into my RE just to be sure!!!

31 -- my acupuncturist provides a patient gown. I take everything off except socks, underwear and my bra. He covers me with an additional sheet so that he can move the gown to expose my abdomen.

But... a friend of mine who sees the same guy doesn't have to get undressed (so like what Springy explained). I just have other issues with my back that he was trying to help with, so after having needles on the front, he takes them out, has me turn over and then puts more in my neck, shoulders and back.

So it could depend on what your acupuncturist wants to do. But I wouldn't worry too much about what you're wearing when you show up. I'd imagine they can accommodate it.

I just got a call from the nurse with my medication doses. 10 units of micro-lupron, 400 of follistim and 150 of menopur. I don't know what that means other than that it is high. He is going to start high and can reduce if we need to. My FSH was pretty good this week but the AMH is driving the high doses. Yeah!! Drugs called into the pharmacy :)

31 -- my acupuncturist provides a patient gown. I take everything off except socks, underwear and my bra. He covers me with an additional sheet so that he can move the gown to expose my abdomen.

But... a friend of mine who sees the same guy doesn't have to get undressed (so like what Springy explained). I just have other issues with my back that he was trying to help with, so after having needles on the front, he takes them out, has me turn over and then puts more in my neck, shoulders and back.

So it could depend on what your acupuncturist wants to do. But I wouldn't worry too much about what you're wearing when you show up. I'd imagine they can accommodate it.

Wanted to make sure I didn't hop up on the bed in my underwear and that not be appropriate :) Same fear I had when I had my first massage.

Ahhh, yeah! :haha: If they don't tell you, just ask! Hope you enjoy it!

Hi ladies,

Just checking in. I'm still in the 2WW although I have been reading whats going on here and this acupuncture thing sounds interesting. The things I learn about on BnB!! I hope everyone is doing well. :hugs:

:wave: hiya MrsC. I hope the rest of your wait flies by and brings you great news!!

Had my uterine mapping/mock transfer today. They didn't start it til 30 minutes after my appointment though - you would think when they want a full bladder they could manage to keep appointments on time :xmas18: could've been worse though I guess.

I got to go into the super secret unmarked door sections of the office where they do all the actual IVF stuff. I admit I got a little emotional while I was laying there waiting for the Dr to come in because I was thinking about how this was the room where I could finally conceive my baby in :cry: Plus since they do it with the abdominal ultrasound I kept visualizing being at that stage too... Didn't cry though - kept making myself think of other stuff and read labels on things in the room :haha:

As always, more in the journal - don't want to get too repetitive :xmas4:

Hi ladies,

Just checking in. I'm still in the 2WW although I have been reading whats going on here and this acupuncture thing sounds interesting. The things I learn about on BnB!! I hope everyone is doing well. :hugs:
Hope the 2WW flies by for you MrsC - when are you planning to test?
:dust:

Wanted to make sure I didn't hop up on the bed in my underwear and that not be appropriate :) Same fear I had when I had my first massage.
Mine was how Springy described, but she did offer a robe if I wasn't comfortable with what I had on. I would suggest looser clothes just so they can shift them around easily and you should be fine.

I just got a call from the nurse with my medication doses. 10 units of micro-lupron, 400 of follistim and 150 of menopur. I don't know what that means other than that it is high. He is going to start high and can reduce if we need to. My FSH was pretty good this week but the AMH is driving the high doses. Yeah!! Drugs called into the pharmacy :)
Yay for getting your meds! :happydance: Mine is starting at 300 but just gonal-f for right now, no LH meds. My RE would probably go higher but I have PCOS so they are more concerned about OHSS.

good news

Hooray for finally getting your protocol :xmas12: Sounds like you will be really close to 31andTrying and I. We both have scans on Jan 3rd too :flower:. You may be a few days earlier with stims since you will stop BCP earlier but still pretty close.

AFM had my appointment with the IVF nurse yesterday. I will be doing 10 to 14 days of Suprefact to downregulate then stimulation 8 to 12 days using Gonal F 187.5IU and 75IU Luveris. Trigger then retrieval and transfer - aiming for a day 5 transfer!

Debating about when to start and which cycle to do the IVF in. I wrote more about it in my journal if you want to read about my debate hop on over!

Yay for another protocol! Lots of ladies getting those today :happydance:

I'll respond to your debate in your journal in a bit :flower:

Had my uterine mapping/mock transfer today. They didn't start it til 30 minutes after my appointment though - you would think when they want a full bladder they could manage to keep appointments on time :xmas18: could've been worse though I guess.

I got to go into the super secret unmarked door sections of the office where they do all the actual IVF stuff. I admit I got a little emotional while I was laying there waiting for the Dr to come in because I was thinking about how this was the room where I could finally conceive my baby in :cry: Plus since they do it with the abdominal ultrasound I kept visualizing being at that stage too... Didn't cry though - kept making myself think of other stuff and read labels on things in the room :haha:

As always, more in the journal - don't want to get too repetitive :xmas4:

I don't know how you managed to keep from crying!! You are a strong woman. It's such an emotional thing to be laying there and thinking about what could actually happen in that room. I hope everything works out for you :hugs:

You asked when I will be testing... well this is a decision I have to make. I'm a little torn at what to do. AF is scheduled to be here between the 15th-17th. Our 1 year anniversary is the 17th. So do I test before the 17th, be super excited, and get a BFP for our anniversary or do I wait until after so that incase it's a BFN we can still enjoy the thought of it being possible. I guess it's all depending on if AF shows up before then anyways. I'm way over thinking it I know!! Either way we will know before DH heads back on the 19th.

Sorry for going on and on :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->