IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

I have to be at the clinic at 1 on Monday and the transfer will be at 1:30.
Have they given you any more updates? Good luck for your transfer tomorrow!
:dust:

Nope, they'll tell us the quality and such tomorrow when we get there, then we'll decide how many are going back in. eeeek, so excited!

Good luck!!!!!

I see in your signature that you're on Crinone, SquirrelGirl. Do you know how much that costs? I'm not sure if my insurance will cover it and my RE gave me a prescription for it. He did say that if it was too expensive he could give me something else and gave me some samples until I can get it filled or get another prescription. I haven't had a chance to take the script to my pharmacy yet.

Yay! Sounding perfect for your IUI :xmas12:
I had a similar comment for my DH at one point when he complained about something he had to do - with all we go through the least they can do is the few little things we ask of them. If that means sex with a cup so be it :haha:

As far as BD goes, if you trigger tonight your IUI will either be Saturday or Sunday in the morning so it might be best to wait and BD post-IUI if you are concerned about count. If he decides not to trigger til tomorrow you should be ok to BD tonight because you will have 2 days between.

:hugs: Sorry you are feeling down. As far as which protocol what is your first instinct? In so many ways we just have to trust the Dr but sometimes you need to go with what feels right to you too. If you have to delay the IVF to do short protocol you may as well go with what he has planned rather than wait I guess. When will you need to decide?
i think i'll go with the long protocol, i still have a bit of time to start. i'll start busereline 26th Dec. i think he plans changing from menopur to smething else for stim this time around. i guess i'll just be hopeful.

First acupuncture appt tonight. We'll see what this business is about. :)

Hi everyone,
I just need some calming words- I'm 35, we've been ttc for a year, finally went to a FS after the last BFN. He put me on Clomid and medication for hypothyroidism. HSG, SA, and everything else came back good. Yesterday I started getting really crampy, like I was going to ovulate, but two OPKs (one with 2nd mu and one in the afternoon) both neg. Today, a smiley and IUI scheduled in the morning. My worry because of the cramping is that the OPK is off and that the IUI will be too late! We last bd on Saturday and now of course need to abstain before the IUI tomorrow. I'm just afraid we'll miss the egg! Am I just being crazy? I've heard that Clomid can cause a lot of cramping before ovulation?
Thanks in advance!

First acupuncture appt tonight. We'll see what this business is about. :)

You will like it! Nice and relaxing. Can't wait for my appointment after work tomorrow!! Followed by a nice birthday dinner out ;)

Hi everyone,
I just need some calming words- I'm 35, we've been ttc for a year, finally went to a FS after the last BFN. He put me on Clomid and medication for hypothyroidism. HSG, SA, and everything else came back good. Yesterday I started getting really crampy, like I was going to ovulate, but two OPKs (one with 2nd mu and one in the afternoon) both neg. Today, a smiley and IUI scheduled in the morning. My worry because of the cramping is that the OPK is off and that the IUI will be too late! We last bd on Saturday and now of course need to abstain before the IUI tomorrow. I'm just afraid we'll miss the egg! Am I just being crazy? I've heard that Clomid can cause a lot of cramping before ovulation?
Thanks in advance!

I had cramping before a couple of my IUIs and the FS said that it was normal. The happy face OPKs are pretty accurate. Good luck tomorrow!

Thanks 31andtrying- I always have to find something to worry about! I'm trying to stay excited about the smiley!

Thanks 31andtrying- I always have to find something to worry about! I'm trying to stay excited about the smiley!

I had 5 IUIs all together. The first few were the day after the smiley. The last two were done with the trigger shot and were 36 hours later. I did that because I thought the timing may have been off w/the OPK. Now..It didn't end up working for us and we are on to IVF but the FS assured me that with the positive OPK, the next day is the best timing for an IUI. Fertility can make you a bit crazy :)

Well ladies I will keep monitoring you here but I'm out for IVF in Jan / Feb! I have opted to switch fertility clinics and I am expecting that it will take roughly 3 to 3 1/2 months to get into see the new doctor. Guess that's the price I am paying to see one of the top rated Dr.'s in Toronto :shrug:

Springy - it is going to be so worth it to switch. (but you have to stay on the boards between now and then) :)

Holy Crap - We just got the call from the pharmacy. $6300 for meds. That is more than the 2500-5000 we were expecting. Let the spending begin...

Hello ladies,

I start BCP tonight since AF arrived way early and I am on cycle day 3 now. My ER is now 01-18 and ET 01-23 :happydance:

Til then I will keep up with everyone here bcuz I am very behind on what is happening to who, but always wishing everyone :dust:

Hi ladies! Update on me... Af was supposed to show on 12/1 (provera) but she never came so today I went to see my RE I had an U/S and some blood work done. I get blood results back tomorrow. But my RE is letting me start injectables tomorrow! :happydance: I will be on 150mg of menopur for 2 days then 75mg of menopur for 4 days. I think that is right because it is 2 powder vials for 2 days and then 1 powder vial for 4 days, sorry I am new to this. Then next monday (19th) I have another U/S

I am hoping though that our iui won't fall over Christmas because if it does then we will have to try naturally because they won't be open. So I am a little nervous about that. But I am super excited to get to start the meds!

Hi ladies! Update on me... Af was supposed to show on 12/1 (provera) but she never came so today I went to see my RE I had an U/S and some blood work done. I get blood results back tomorrow. But my RE is letting me start injectables tomorrow! :happydance: I will be on 150mg of menopur for 2 days then 75mg of menopur for 4 days. I think that is right because it is 2 powder vials for 2 days and then 1 powder vial for 4 days, sorry I am new to this. Then next monday (19th) I have another U/S

I am hoping though that our iui won't fall over Christmas because if it does then we will have to try naturally because they won't be open. So I am a little nervous about that. But I am super excited to get to start the meds!

Congratz on starting ur meds! :happydance: Let us know how the Menopur is, i think it kinda burns, i have to use Menopur also (sometime in January) Yea the holidays are coming up, but ask them if there is an "on-call" person that can do the iui (?) :shrug: Take care

Springy - it is going to be so worth it to switch. (but you have to stay on the boards between now and then) :)

Holy Crap - We just got the call from the pharmacy. $6300 for meds. That is more than the 2500-5000 we were expecting. Let the spending begin...

31andTrying- Yes, the meds are so expensive if insurance doesn't cover them (especially the follistim and ganirelix) My clinic had a coupon for ganirelix so it knocked down the price a bit. Ask ur clinic if they have any coupons if you have to reorder any meds. Take care

Well ladies I will keep monitoring you here but I'm out for IVF in Jan / Feb! I have opted to switch fertility clinics and I am expecting that it will take roughly 3 to 3 1/2 months to get into see the new doctor. Guess that's the price I am paying to see one of the top rated Dr.'s in Toronto :shrug:

Hi Springy!
So sorry to hear about ur delay, I hope that the time goes by fast :hugs:

Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance!

I think you should be fine! :hugs: The OPKs are pretty accurate, but I can understand the worry. The months I was on Clomid, I had cramping through the cycle even when I didn't ovulate, so it sounds like that may be a normal Clomid thing! :hugs:

So sorry about the delay, but hopefully the switch will bring you great results! Best of luck!! :hugs:

:xmas1: It is crazy ridiculous how much these meds cost!!

Hello ladies,

I start BCP tonight since AF arrived way early and I am on cycle day 3 now. My ER is now 01-18 and ET 01-23 :happydance:

Til then I will keep up with everyone here bcuz I am very behind on what is happening to who, but always wishing everyone :dust:

Woohoo!! Good luck with everything! :hugs:

I'm so glad you get to start your meds tomorrow. It's so exciting when you start a new treatment! I hope you like the Menopur. I started out with Follistim and then took Menopur for a few days this time. The only thing about it is that is can sting pretty bad while you're injecting and afterward for a couple minutes! Hopefully you'll be able to get your IUI in before Christmas. Good luck! :hugs:

Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance!

Totally normal. One of my bestest BnB friends was freaking out about feeling ovulation before an IUI and when she got to the doctor's the next day, they did an ultrasound and she hadn't ovulated yet. I imagine Clomid can cause all sorts of weird side effects. I've not been on it, but I KNOW it can happen and doesn't mean you're missing your ovulation.

Good luck with the new doctor! I think it's super important to feel good about the doctor/clinic. It sucks to have such a delay, but I hope it gets you a BFP in the best, most efficient manner!! :hugs:

YIKES. That's no fun when it's so much more than you expected. Stupid meds being so expensive. But I hope it is the best investment ever!!

Hello ladies,

Yay for starting bcp for your next cycle! :flower:

Had my transfer today. I had 6 embryos. 2 were grade A, 2 were B, and 2 were C. They threw out the C's because they were too degenerated to freeze. The Bs are going to be frozen (hope they survive!!!!!) and the two best quality ones were transferred.

So just chilling on the couch and taking it easy and not thinking about it too much! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->