IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Could you call the clinic and ask them to elaborate? And ask them if what he saw today was as expected? At your next one, totally make the doctor stop and explain it. You're sure as heck paying enough to get a moment of his undivided attention.

I would imagine it is as expected, otherwise he would have said something. But grrrr to him for acting that way.

Springy - it is going to be so worth it to switch. (but you have to stay on the boards between now and then) :)

Holy Crap - We just got the call from the pharmacy. $6300 for meds. That is more than the 2500-5000 we were expecting. Let the spending begin...

I know the cost of the meds = Sick... But SO worth it!!

Had my transfer today. I had 6 embryos. 2 were grade A, 2 were B, and 2 were C. They threw out the C's because they were too degenerated to freeze. The Bs are going to be frozen (hope they survive!!!!!) and the two best quality ones were transferred.

So just chilling on the couch and taking it easy and not thinking about it too much! :thumbup:

YAY SG... congrats and stalking.. can't wait to see your BFP!!

sekky and Edamame - good luck for your IUIs tomorrow :dust:

Hope everyone else is doing well :flower:

As for me, I start my BCP tonight so in the home stretch for my Jan IVF :xmas12:

Enjoy the BCP.. I know its purpose but it sounds so counter productive doesn't it... "Im trying to get preggo so Im on BCP" :hehe:
My iui went well. The clinic had me stay 2 hours on the bed after the procedure to rest. I also had light spotting after which the nurse said is not a problem. So am on cyclogest 400mg till otd on 30/12. Hoping for a bfp

FX for your BFP :)

Maybe I am a baby but I think acupuncture hurts. Especially in the ear. I got home and tried to find the hole to put an earring through it. I couldn't find it. I was laying there thinking "what the hell am I doing, laying here getting a bunch of needles shoved in me in an attempt to get pregnant". Wow. A preview to what will be in the month of January I guess. I have seen it on TV in the past but never thought I would be there. I didn't have the guts to look at the needles while they were in me. Or before for that matter. I am such a chicken.

I am going to give it 2 more attempts and will try to let the mental piece go and just be open to what it could do. I was pretty nervous so that didn't help. I did end up falling asleep w/the heat lamps so it must have done some good. I will take an ipod next time to help me relax.

You girls didn't tell me it hurts!!! :)
Some I feel more than others but most it is just when they insert it and then it goes away. Mine is chatty like Springy's so mostly I don't notice. Try not to think about it so much. It is a great sign that you fell asleep, means you stopped thinking about it and relaxed. Next time will probably go better since you will know more what to expect and won't be so nervous.

The main thing my RE likes it for is stress relief - he says anything that reduces stress helps increase IVF success. I did see in a pamphlet in her office today that a 2002 study had women doing acupuncture with 42% success vs. 26% success for those who didn't have acupuncture. I don't know about you but what are a few more needle pricks for a 16% increase in success rate :thumbup:

My iui went well. The clinic had me stay 2 hours on the bed after the procedure to rest. I also had light spotting after which the nurse said is not a problem. So am on cyclogest 400mg till otd on 30/12. Hoping for a bfp
Wow - 2 hours is a long time to wait! Mine sets a timer for 10 minutes. Spotting is normal though so don't worry about that. :dust:

Yay!!! :happydance: I am glad that me you and wanting are gonna be having ER and ET around the same time!! :hugs:

What is the name of your BCP, mine is Loestrin Fe 24, its not bad but made me kinda weepy and not hungry at last time I took it, hope its not so bad this time.
I'm on Microgestin Fe or something like that :shrug:. I don't even really think about what is a side effect or not. I've had one side effect or another for over a year now so it just seems 'normal' I guess :wacko:

Just a quick update from me. My scan today was rushed, and all the Dr. said was "lots of little ones on each side". I think I may have seen 3 or 4 on each, but he did the u/s so quickly, I couldn't be sure. I'll go in Friday for another one. Hopefully the Dr. says a bit more this time.

Question to those who may know....does "lots of little ones on each side" sound about right for CD10? I spent the better part of my morning worrying about if that's what it should be right now. Thanks in advance for any insight! :)
Ugh - hate it when they rush you with all the money we are paying them :grr:

Definitely call if you want an explanation. My guess is all was fine and since you weren't ready yet he moved along. Next time refuse to take your feet out of the stirrups till you get some answers! :haha:

Wow - 2 hours is a long time to wait! Mine sets a timer for 10 minutes. Spotting is normal though so don't worry about that.

My wait was just 10 minutes this morning too- then I had to get to work! Whole thing was pretty quick, OTD is December 26. I just wish they could do it without a speculum, I hate it. The doctor kept telling me to *relax* because he was having a hard time getting it in. But I survived! No spotting, but pretty crampy still. :dust: to all!

Wow - 2 hours is a long time to wait! Mine sets a timer for 10 minutes. Spotting is normal though so don't worry about that.

My wait was just 10 minutes this morning too- then I had to get to work! Whole thing was pretty quick, OTD is December 26. I just wish they could do it without a speculum, I hate it. The doctor kept telling me to *relax* because he was having a hard time getting it in. But I survived! No spotting, but pretty crampy still. :dust: to all!

I'm glad your IUI went well today! Welcome to the 2WW, I hope it goes by fast for you and you get a BFP :thumbup:

Holy Crap - We just got the call from the pharmacy. $6300 for meds. That is more than the 2500-5000 we were expecting. Let the spending begin...

Insane. My hmg came today and DH and I just sat there saying "This is what $1500 worth of meds looks like." I want to store it in a safe.

Had my transfer today. I had 6 embryos. 2 were grade A, 2 were B, and 2 were C. They threw out the C's because they were too degenerated to freeze. The Bs are going to be frozen (hope they survive!!!!!) and the two best quality ones were transferred.

So just chilling on the couch and taking it easy and not thinking about it too much! :thumbup:

Congrats, SquirrelGirl. Fx'd for you!

Hi. Menopur does burn, but it helps if you numb the area with ice and dispense the med slowly. Good luck. The first time is the worst then it gets better. It is better to mix it with less liquid for the burning.

Taking notes-thank you for the tips.

Good luck, sekky!

Don't you love how they want you to 'relax'. Yeah right, it is the most natural thing in the world to lie back and have that contraption in your hoo-ha :xmas13: Glad things went well. I was always crampy after IUIs too. Welcome to the 2ww! :dust:

How is the 2ww going MrsC and mrs.rodrigues? Almost time to :test:

Good luck to all the ladies in the 2ww and dust all around :dust:

:hi: ladies sorry I don't post much but I am floating around keeping up on what everyone's doing, just not much to update!
Thinking of you all tho!

Looking for updates from Mrs C and Mrs Rodirugues... when will you guys be testing??

Insane. My hmg came today and DH and I just sat there saying "This is what $1500 worth of meds looks like." I want to store it in a safe.

We actually looked at new refrigerators because I was worried ours may damage the goods. That is not something a sane person would do. Ours works just fine. (and with the increased cost of the meds a new fridge is out)

All - With the acupuncture - do you think that they could mess things up if they aren't familiar w/the IVF process? I have a girl that does it locally so it would limit the travel but it didn't sound like she knows much about it. I am worried that they may induce ovulation or something crazy. Debating about driving the hour to the one that does fertility stuff or saving the drive and just doing it locally to relax. My thought is that if I believe it could help, I must believe it could hurt also. Ugh. Why do I have to overanalyze EVERYTHING!

31..... I'd go with one who actually understands infertility and how to "treat" it with acupuncture. My guy went on vacation at the beginning of December :)dohh:) and I asked him to refer me to someone else, and he said he didn't feel comfortable referring me to someone who didn't have any experience with it.

I think if they put the needles in the wrong spot, they might "stimulate" your ovaries when you're really wanting them to quiet down, or the reverse...

I dunno. Would be interesting to hear what others think.

Okay guys so im very cautious but it looks like i got my BF(aint)P

the top two are today 11dpo and the bottom is 10dpo

https://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/mrsericarodrigues/11dpo2.jpg

GIRL, that is not FAINT! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me, that's not faint. And a line is a line. :wohoo:

Okay guys so im very cautious but it looks like i got my BF(aint)P

the top two are today 11dpo and the bottom is 10dpo

https://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/mrsericarodrigues/11dpo2.jpg

nope wouldnt say thats faint either!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :yipee:

Thanks ladies! I'm excited but nervous I go for blood on Friday. Hopefully more of you will join me!

We actually looked at new refrigerators because I was worried ours may damage the goods. That is not something a sane person would do. Ours works just fine. (and with the increased cost of the meds a new fridge is out)

All - With the acupuncture - do you think that they could mess things up if they aren't familiar w/the IVF process? I have a girl that does it locally so it would limit the travel but it didn't sound like she knows much about it. I am worried that they may induce ovulation or something crazy. Debating about driving the hour to the one that does fertility stuff or saving the drive and just doing it locally to relax. My thought is that if I believe it could help, I must believe it could hurt also. Ugh. Why do I have to overanalyze EVERYTHING!

My OBGYN specifically said to me "IT DEFINITELY WILL NOT HURT YOUR CHANCES" No scientific evidence to say without a shadow of a doubt that it helps but "IT WILL NOT HURT" so no more negative thinking!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->