IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

I'm not sure that I ever posted this in here, but I got my beta results back for 14dpo and it was 133. I go in on Monday, Wednesday and Friday for follow up blood tests. They said they like to follow the numbers until it gets over 1000. :shrug:

Mrs. Bear!!!!!! YIPEEEEEEEEEE!!! :yipee: What an awesome Christmas gift!

Mrs.C -- I had an HSG last feb that showed my right side was fine but the left was "completely blocked". So I had a lap done in June and the doctor either cleared it easily or it was never blocked at all. I'd read a statistic that said 15% of HSGs can show a false result of a blockage. I wish they had redone my HSG rather than doing a lap, but I didn't know at the time.... I didn't have any pain at all during my HSG even though they were pushing the dye really hard trying to get the left side to "open". Definitely a good idea to wait for the official report and then see what your doctor recommends.

No Regrets.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Are you scared that the stimming will hurt the embie if you are pregnant? Or that you took provera? I don't know how those drugs would impact a pregnancy. Best thing is to obviously call your clinic and get in for a blood test ASAP.

Angel, good luck!!

I am mostly worried about the stems. I have an appointment in the morning. Thank you for the reply. And congrats on you pregnancy. I am so happy for you!

Mrs. Bear!!!!!! YIPEEEEEEEEEE!!! :yipee: What an awesome Christmas gift!

Mrs.C -- I had an HSG last feb that showed my right side was fine but the left was "completely blocked". So I had a lap done in June and the doctor either cleared it easily or it was never blocked at all. I'd read a statistic that said 15% of HSGs can show a false result of a blockage. I wish they had redone my HSG rather than doing a lap, but I didn't know at the time.... I didn't have any pain at all during my HSG even though they were pushing the dye really hard trying to get the left side to "open". Definitely a good idea to wait for the official report and then see what your doctor recommends.

No Regrets.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Are you scared that the stimming will hurt the embie if you are pregnant? Or that you took provera? I don't know how those drugs would impact a pregnancy. Best thing is to obviously call your clinic and get in for a blood test ASAP.

Angel, good luck!!

Thank you for sharing that. I have decided not to stress on it and just wait for them to call me. Same thing happened with me though, they were pushing the dye in really hard to see if they could see anything. There was tons of dye... literally tons. Every minutes she was like ok here we go we are adding more so bare with me :haha: It was quite a strange feeling but oh well, it is what it is right?!?! Sorry to hear you had to go through all that and then find out there was nothing wrong.

Good luck no regrets. I am sure it must feel stressful. After all the work we do to try for our BFPs we don't want to do anything that might harm them. I hope your appointment goes well. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Mrs. C, I have heard that sometimes those sorts of tests help clear out any sort of blockages. Good luck.

Mrs. Squirrel, so exciting that you have your follow up tests. Good positive thoughts are coming your way too. I hope I am following you when I get my blood work done in two days.

Test was a light positive again this morning. I just got done at the doc. I still didn't respond to the menopur. They are cancleing this cycle. They checked my progesterone I will get the results tomorrow they will put me on Provera and then bc for a few months. She said it was possible to get a false positive on menopur.
But that's that, no iui for me.

I'm so sorry No Regrets. I didn't realize stimming drugs could give you a false positive... :hugs: Will they try another medication next time and see how you respond to that?

Mrs. Bear, so glad to hear you got such a nice Christmas present!!:happydance:

IUI#1 didn't take- my temps have been dropping steadily for the last three days, was below the coverline this morning and have started spotting, probably have full on AF by this evening.

On to IUI#2!

No regrets - so sorry to hear that. Hang in there. :hugs:

Edamame - dang it! I'm so sorry about AF showing up. :hugs:

Nothing to report. Just trying to make it through the holidays and hopefully time will go quickly so that I can get on with this surgery. I'm so impatient.

I think that my DH finally let himself grieve over our loss. I was watching tv and he came into the room crying. I told him that everyone grieves on their own time (he was feeling guilty for not doing it sooner). It's the holidays and he was thinking how close we would be to having our baby. :sad1: I hugged him and told him we would have our day soon enough.

Test was a light positive again this morning. I just got done at the doc. I still didn't respond to the menopur. They are cancleing this cycle. They checked my progesterone I will get the results tomorrow they will put me on Provera and then bc for a few months. She said it was possible to get a false positive on menopur.

Sorry to hear about the false positive. :hugs:

IUI#1 didn't take- my temps have been dropping steadily for the last three days, was below the coverline this morning and have started spotting, probably have full on AF by this evening.

On to IUI#2!

I'm sorry to hear that your IUI didn't take. Good luck on IUI#2 :flower:

Just heard back from today's blood test- meds didn't help much with thyroid levels so they're going to double them and hope it does more. I sure hope so! I know hypothyroidism can keep things from sticking!

Hope everyone is well and had a great Christmas!

I'm going in for my retrieval tomorrow morning at 8:30, wish me luck that they find some great follies!

:hugs: Sorry to hear you didn't respond to the menopur. Hopefully they will find another that will work better for you. Did they say why they want you to be on bc a few months? Seems like you should be able to start sooner than that.

On to IUI#2!
Thanks! It was a wonderful Christmas present :happydance:

Sorry to hear IUI #1 didn't work - FX #2 does the trick for you

Nothing to report. Just trying to make it through the holidays and hopefully time will go quickly so that I can get on with this surgery. I'm so impatient.

I think that my DH finally let himself grieve over our loss. I was watching tv and he came into the room crying. I told him that everyone grieves on their own time (he was feeling guilty for not doing it sooner). It's the holidays and he was thinking how close we would be to having our baby. :sad1: I hugged him and told him we would have our day soon enough.
Glad to hear DH finally let himself grieve - guys are so used to holding it all in and trying to be 'the man' I guess. Hopefully Christmas 2012 will have us all holding a joyful reason to cry

Hope everyone is well and had a great Christmas!

I'm going in for my retrieval tomorrow morning at 8:30, wish me luck that they find some great follies!

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Took me a few tries to log in so hope this post make sense.
I have to fight to stay awake after the retrieval so figured i would try and post. I keep nodding off though.
All night I felt what felt like ovulation pain before hand, and was freaking out that I was ovulating early. The nurse said it was normal though.
Both my DH and I were nervous and anxious all.night and had a hard time.sleeping, we were so happy when our alarm went off at 630.
I think the worst part was actually getting the iv started.3 different nurses tried and wouldn't do it. finally they asked my re to do it.... he got it somewhere in my.ARM thesecond try nd boy it hurt.
The retrieval itself didn't hurt so much.... little.pinching and im cranping still... but there was a lot of blood.

They retrieved 25 eggs! No idea yet thouh how many are mature.

Glad to hear DH finally let himself grieve - guys are so used to holding it all in and trying to be 'the man' I guess. Hopefully Christmas 2012 will have us all holding a joyful reason to cry

Yes he said that he was sorry for breaking down because he felt like he needed to be strong for me. I told him that he needed to allow himself to grieve too.

That would be SO lovely!! Christmas 2012 babies for all of us! :happydance:

Wow, Dis3tnd, 25 eggs is crazy awesome!!! Remember to DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK!!

Sorry for not replying to everyone, I'm at the in-laws and I'm never quite sure when the MIL will interrupt my BnB time! :haha:

I hope you all had a great holiday with your families. Mrs. Bear, I'm still just super excited for your that your DH is back. That must be sooooo hard to not have him home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->