IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Sooo I got my blood test results back a little while ago and it's a BFN. I am not shocked because I had a lot of spotting since Monday but they still wanted me to come in for blood test. We are not going to do another IUI since the chances are so low of it working with our situation and we are self pay. We are now waiting to hear if we are approved for an IVF study where they transfer only one embryo ( well actually they transfer one embryo in half the women and 2 in the other half) You don't know untill the last minute which half you are selected to be in. They pay for everything except cryopreservation fees and anesthesia. I am very lucky that they do this study at my RE office and hopefully we are approved for it. I think I will find out tomorrow and then we should be able to start as soon as my cycle starts.

I am sorry to hear about your BFN. Good luck with the study. That sounds like a good opportunity. The costs of IVF are so high. When we first heard in the summer that IVF was the option we couldn't do it. And in fact we only did it this cycle as I reacted so well to the injectables for the IUI that it made sense and there was a savings of half the IVF cost.

Thank you! I hope we get approved too. The reason the chances are so low for us is that I have stage III Endo and my hubby has 0% morphology (kruger) so if we were not self pay I would give it 2 more tries but we just can't afford to drain our entire savings and we don't have much time to waste because I just had Lap done and endo is going to start to make a mess again :growlmad:

It certainly sounds like a good plan for going onto IVF given your situation. I am having a lap done on the 12th and I'm nervous to find out what they find while they are in there. He suspects mild endo but who knows.

Did you have a lot of pain with your endo? I haven't had any signs but my mom had it and when he was doing my exam he felt around and there was an area that was sensitive and he said it's likely the start of endo.

Thats great hopeful so happy for you!!!

My clinic called and said my RE has decided to do an FET instead of transferring this cycle, so bummed :(

My apologies if you already explained this but why are they making you wait? Bummer to still be on hold for you but I have heard many good stories with FET. Good luck and :dust:

So is it ok to post my results here? I got the call from the clinic and I have a BFP, beta is 577. I go back for a second test on Friday. :happydance:

WOO HOO! Congrats! :happydance:

Wow so many BFPs!! Can't wait for all of us to get them!

MrsC - waiting is the WORST part of all TTC stuff, huh?! Man...and I'm like the most impatient person EVER. Hang in there and hopefully it'll be Friday NOT Monday.

Dis3tnd - Sorry to hear the news about FET. I'm pretty new at this stuff so why are they waiting?

Hopeful, the RE decided my estrogen is too high and that its not a good idea for a fresh transfer.

So is it ok to post my results here? I got the call from the clinic and I have a BFP, beta is 577. I go back for a second test on Friday. :happydance:

WOWZAH! 557 ... how many days post retrieval are you?? My gut instinct tells me TWINKIES!!!!

I am SO excited for you!!!!

Hopeful, the RE decided my estrogen is too high and that its not a good idea for a fresh transfer.

Keep the faith is all I can say. I was very surprised with how much bloating came with the IVF. On Christmas night I looked four months pregnant after dinner. So if your ovaries need the rest before the transfer it might not be so bad. FX'd for you.

WOWZAH! 557 ... how many days post retrieval are you?? My gut instinct tells me TWINKIES!!!!

I am SO excited for you!!!!

The retrieval was on the 12th and the transfer was a 3 day on the 15th. So that is 16 days past retrieval. I don't know if the numbers are enough for twins or not. But I like going from 0 to 60 in a heartbeat.

Wow, Congrats!!! How many Days past Retrieval are you??? That's a really high beta number!! :)baby::baby: ??)

Edit -- sorry I didn't get to the end of all the posts before responding and now see you've answered that question. :dance: Congrats again!

Wow, Congrats!!! How many Days past Retrieval are you??? That's a really high beta number!! :)baby::baby: ??)

Edit -- sorry I didn't get to the end of all the posts before responding and now see you've answered that question. :dance: Congrats again!

Thanks! lol that's funny, I find myself doing the same thing - wanting to respond and then seeing that my questions are answered.

How was today's beta numbers for you?

Since I'm at my in-laws for Christmas still, I've been going to a clinic that doesn't do same day results. :( So while they drew my blood today, I won't find out the number until tomorrow.

FYI... I just got a call back from my clinic. I had asked them if it was still ok to be taking the vitamins I'm on. I was taking Vitamin D3 2000 iu(prescribed by my OB/GYN, so they want me to follow up with him on whether to continue). Omega 3-6-9 they told me to stop. I'm just supposed to eat nuts and other things with fatty acids in it since I don't really like fish. But it was ok to take a fiber supplement and docusate sodium (stool softener -- which omg do I need right now! :haha:). And of course the prenatal vitamin which I've been taking for years....

So not sure what everyone is taking (I know through the months and months and months of TTCing we've all tried a lot of things), but perhaps a good idea to get it all approved in advance... I've been taking the Omega 3-6-9 and vitamin d so long it didn't occur to me that it might not be good....

Ughhh what an irriation to have to wait until tomorrow for your results. And I find myself impatient with a half day.

Good point on the vitamins. I stopped all the COQ10 etc and am just doing the prenatal and some vitamin C here and there. Hmmm could use the extra fiber though. Must be the prometrium! :dohh: I like fish and just printed off a list of what is safe and what isn't and a guide to how much/how often. Thank goodness for nuts and trail mix.

I had the lap done b\c they saw what they thought was a dermoid cyst on my ovary, once they got in they found tons of stuff from the endo. I was pretty surprised at how fast the recovery was, the worst part was my nerves leading up to it. I would have never known I had the endo, no pain, except when I was younger maybe and I don't know of anyone in my family who has it. Good luck I hope your lap helps you to get your BFP!

Thank you! I hope we get approved too. The reason the chances are so low for us is that I have stage III Endo and my hubby has 0% morphology (kruger) so if we were not self pay I would give it 2 more tries but we just can't afford to drain our entire savings and we don't have much time to waste because I just had Lap done and endo is going to start to make a mess again :growlmad:

It certainly sounds like a good plan for going onto IVF given your situation. I am having a lap done on the 12th and I'm nervous to find out what they find while they are in there. He suspects mild endo but who knows.

Did you have a lot of pain with your endo? I haven't had any signs but my mom had it and when he was doing my exam he felt around and there was an area that was sensitive and he said it's likely the start of endo.

Sorry I responded in the post above this, i deleted the quote by mistake :blush:

no_regrets - Taking a break can definitely help you emotionally too while you save money. IVF definitely has higher success rates. I am not eligible for the refund packages due to my age (38) but it can save money if you think you will likely need more than one try and some people like knowing that they have more tries taken care of already. My clinic is 3 fresh and 3 frozen with the refund plan. You do lose the remaining tries once you are successful so there is always the chance you pay more than you would have if you get lucky first time.

Dis3tnd - Great fertilization report! Sorry you won't be able to do a fresh transfer but it is definitely better to wait if conditions aren't right for success now. FX you will have lots of frosties :cold:

Lucie73821 - :hugs: It is so hard to stay hopeful sometimes. What your dh said makes sense as far as the progesterone. FX this try worked for you :dust:

BlueStorm - So sorry about the BFN :hugs:. FX you get approved for the study.

MrsC - Feel free to vent - it is SO frustrating waiting for those calls :growlmad:

Hopefulmom12 - It's definitely ok to post results! Awesome beta! :happydance:

Not much to report for me. Stop BCP on Monday so should start stims a week from Saturday :thumbup:

Sooo I got my blood test results back a little while ago and it's a BFN. I am not shocked because I had a lot of spotting since Monday but they still wanted me to come in for blood test. We are not going to do another IUI since the chances are so low of it working with our situation and we are self pay. We are now waiting to hear if we are approved for an IVF study where they transfer only one embryo ( well actually they transfer one embryo in half the women and 2 in the other half) You don't know untill the last minute which half you are selected to be in. They pay for everything except cryopreservation fees and anesthesia. I am very lucky that they do this study at my RE office and hopefully we are approved for it. I think I will find out tomorrow and then we should be able to start as soon as my cycle starts.

Sorry to hear it was a BFN :hugs: That would be great if you are approved for the study.

Question... how do you ladies find out about these studies? Does the clinic offer them to you or is it something you look up on your own and go after it?

AFM I called about my HSG results yesterday and they said they won't be able to tell me anything until Friday. If I don't hear from them by Friday I'm suppose to call on Monday... ugh why does it have to be so difficult :growlmad: The place I got the procedure done at said they sent the test over on Friday the 23rd. This is not helping my day at all. Please excuse me I just needed to vent real quick.

Vent away..I can't stand wen they make you wait so long for results on something that is making you crazy :growlmad:
The study has been going on at my clinic for over year and once we found out our problems my nurse told me about it. someone on here posted a website with ivf studies. I forget the website, I will try to find it again.

I had the lap done b\c they saw what they thought was a dermoid cyst on my ovary, once they got in they found tons of stuff from the endo. I was pretty surprised at how fast the recovery was, the worst part was my nerves leading up to it. I would have never known I had the endo, no pain, except when I was younger maybe and I don't know of anyone in my family who has it. Good luck I hope your lap helps you to get your BFP!

Wow thankfully they did the lap so that they could get the endo.

I pretty much had the same thing. My AF pain was HORRIBLE when I was younger. I would be in bed the first day of AF. Gosh...should be interesting to see what's going on in there.

How long did you have to wait to :sex: after lap? I'm thinking with my LONG cycles that O might be closeby and would love to try (of course if my dr allows). If not, I guess I'll have to wait until I start the injections.

IUI procedure was today! :happydance: Everything went accordingly. I know the doctor said he was hoping for a little higher percentage of motility in OH's sperm, but he said that's usually a normal concern he has with most of his patients. I'm just praying and hoping that it works....and I'm trying to stay positive. At first when he said he was hoping for better motility, I instantly started thinking negative thoughts; but the more I've researched and read, the more I understand it a little better now.

Here's to the 2WW! Hurry, Hurry!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->