IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Jenny - :hugs: sorry for the BFN. FX the next one works but if not it is great to have a plan already in place.

MoBaby - yay for 12 :yipee:

Edamame - glad the IUI went well, the numbers sound great

Equal - good luck tomorrow :dust:

Hope everyone else is doing well - I just did shot #5 and my first scan is only 25 hours away :happydance: I really started to feel discomfort from the ovaries today so hopefully there are some good follies in there

hey ladies newbie here !! hope u dont mind me joining......

im currently on my 3rd ivf icsi cycle after 2 failed cycles started stimming with menopur tonight eek !! im so anxious this time as my last try was on gonal f previous cycles so im hoping i respond well with menopur ?? bit worried thi to be honest any input would be great, im 37 fsh is 6.2 but lh only 2.0 so a bit low and explains why i dont have a great lining last 2 cycles it was crap 5mm the 2nd go and 6.6 the 1st i have questioned my unit as to why they put embies back with such a crappy lining but didnt really get an answer ive told them if by day 9 scan its not thick i will freeze and do at a later date they didnt offer me anything i would of thoght id e offered oestrgen ?? my nurse told me the lh in the menopur should do the trick ?? is there anything i can take that will help ?? i have an extra shot of hcg and wondering if i should use a few days after transfer as been told it can help with the implantation again any advice would be muchly appreciated !! i feel so alone this time dp really dosent get how i feel n how nervous i am tonight i cried doing the menopur jab i was so panicky and it really hurt i much prefer the gonal f pen !! db had to do it in the end ive been downregging with the injections and been ok but the menopur is a bit thicker needle and i just froze n couldnt push it in !! anyone else here on 2nd or third cycle ?? anyway i hope we all get our bfp,s and our take home babies congrats to those of u that are now pregnant i havent been trough all the posts to many lol !!

Hi Ladies

I'm down regulating for our 3rd IVF, first cycle was poor response and cancelled after 5 days stimming and second was poor response (only 3 eggs) and none fertilised. This time we have a new FS and he put me on DHEA which has made a huge difference in my scans..I do have a low AMH and the FS is working with that so we're trying a long protocol this time and we're also doing ICSI and steriods because I have immune issues so hopefully this all works:thumbup: I start Synarel on Jan 18th..I'm just hoping we can get enough eggs to work with this time:thumbup:

Welcome Donna :hi: Hopefully the new meds will do the trick for you :thumbup: I don't know about the extra hsg shot. My clinic gave me estrogen for IUI cycles where my lining was an issue. I'm hoping I won't run into that on IVF but this is my first go so I will find out soon I guess. I totally understand about the needles. I don't watch when I do mine and that is only with the tiny Gonal-F needles. I am going to have to make DH do my gigantic PIO needles next week. I really hope I don't have to do any on my own as I will probably traumatize myself :dohh:

Welcome crystal :wave: Hope the new FS and new meds combination does the trick for you this time :thumbup:

Oh - and to correct my earlier post, I did the math for my scan WAY off - it is at 8am not 8pm of course so it is only about 11 1/2 hours away now :happydance:

Welcome Donna and Crystal :hi:

So many ladies doing IVF!! I look forward to seeing all the BFP's on this thread soon! :thumbup:

Mrs. Bear that it great that your scan is sooner than you thought. Hopefully the discomfort fades soon.

Edamame good luck on the 2ww!!

Equal & bastetgrrl Good luck tomorrow and I hope everything goes well for you both.

Mrs. Bear that it great that your scan is sooner than you thought. Hopefully the discomfort fades soon.
Oh, I always knew when it was - I just apparently had a brain vacation when figuring out the time left til the appointment :dohh: :haha: I hope the discomfort goes away too, but at this point it should only get worse til egg retrieval. Oh well, just one more thing we go through for that BFP. If it means lots of good eggs growing I will survive :thumbup:

Oh, I always knew when it was - I just apparently had a brain vacation when figuring out the time left til the appointment :dohh: :haha: I hope the discomfort goes away too, but at this point it should only get worse til egg retrieval. Oh well, just one more thing we go through for that BFP. If it means lots of good eggs growing I will survive :thumbup:

I think we all get that once in a while but you have an excuse :haha: Lots of good eggs is a good thing :thumbup: Good luck on the scan tomorrow. Do they just check to see how many and what sizes they are?

They will check to see how many and the sizes the follicles are then they will do a blood draw to check my hormone levels. I will have both first thing in the morning and then the nurse will call early afternoon to let me know what the RE wants me to do next. They could keep meds the same or increase/decrease them depending on what they see. At some point they will also have me start Ganirilex, which is what stops me from ovulating on my own before they do the egg retrieval.

Sounds like a lot is going on tomorrow. I hope all goes well for you. It will all be worth it in the end with that wonderful BFP!

Mrs Bear, I can't wait for you to scan! Isn't it funny how our happiness and moods ride on our scans and blood test results? :haha: I hope you have some fat follies tomorrow, and LOTS of them. :thumbup:

I have a question for anyone who might have an answer or opinion: I took my last pill on Sunday, it's already wednesday so it's been 3 days and no period yet! I am suppose to start follistim tomorrow but is it weird to start in the event that my period isn't here yet? Has this happened to anyone?

My RE doesn't care if you have your period or not. They start stims 5 days after the last BCP regardless. As long as your baseline scan and bloods are ok you can start. I spotted slightly but not a normal AF at all. It isn't a problem.

Sorry I haven't updated! I've been going between several threads. I'm on cd 6. Just had my baseline since coming off BCP's. Finishing up Lupron and started Estrace and patches today. One more scan next Wednesday and then my FET is Jan 27th. We are thawing all 9 that were frozen as zygotes. They will be taken to blast and we will hopefully have 2 good ones to transfer. :)

My RE doesn't care if you have your period or not. They start stims 5 days after the last BCP regardless. As long as your baseline scan and bloods are ok you can start. I spotted slightly but not a normal AF at all. It isn't a problem.

Mine did the same thing! I was on day 1 when I had my scan and started the next day. They weren't even concerned when af didn't seem to be showing! :huh:

Sorry I haven't updated! I've been going between several threads. I'm on cd 6. Just had my baseline since coming off BCP's. Finishing up Lupron and started Estrace and patches today. One more scan next Wednesday and then my FET is Jan 27th. We are thawing all 9 that were frozen as zygotes. They will be taken to blast and we will hopefully have 2 good ones to transfer. :)

Yay for getting started! :yipee: Hopefully you will get 2 nice sticky blasts to put back. Will they be able to refreeze if you have any extra blasts left?

Just back from the scan and she said there were probably 15 or so on each side (gotta love PCOS). She only measured around 12 that I saw so I'm guessing the rest are smaller or she just couldn't get a good angle on them. But I'll take 12 good ones :thumbup: The lead was around 16 and the rest looked to be in the 10-14 range. This is all from me watching the measurements pop up on the screen as she went so not an official count of course. Now just waiting to hear back from the nurse once they review everything and get my blood results back.

Wow, Mrs. Bear! Sounds like you're almost ready for the retrieval! Did your clinic tell you at about what size they are looking for at retrieval time? I can't remember if it was 18mm or if it was larger for IVF than IUI...

Just back from the scan and she said there were probably 15 or so on each side (gotta love PCOS). She only measured around 12 that I saw so I'm guessing the rest are smaller or she just couldn't get a good angle on them. But I'll take 12 good ones :thumbup: The lead was around 16 and the rest looked to be in the 10-14 range. This is all from me watching the measurements pop up on the screen as she went so not an official count of course. Now just waiting to hear back from the nurse once they review everything and get my blood results back.

That sounds like a very good number of eggies! Congrats!

Welcome Donna & Crystal :wave:

Bastet- Good luck today let us know how you are feeling when you are back on

Edamame - praying for a fast 2ww and good results

Equal - Good luck today too!

Mrs. Bear- Sounds like you responded great to meds and will be ready soon :happydance:

Wow, Mrs. Bear! Sounds like you're almost ready for the retrieval! Did your clinic tell you at about what size they are looking for at retrieval time? I can't remember if it was 18mm or if it was larger for IVF than IUI...

They have never said so I don't know if they are looking more at size or at my blood levels to decide :shrug: The ultrasound tech said she thought it would only be a few more days. I'll have to remember to ask the nurse about that when she calls this afternoon.

That's awesome!! My FS looks for 20 mm or larger so you're just like 2 or 3 days away. Actually follies grow 2-3 mm in a NORMAL day, not sure what a stim day's like, probably 4 or 5 :haha: I'm so excited for you. Estrogen needs to be 200 for each follicle so it will probably be a combination of both scan and bloods. :hugs: Can't wait for your post on your E2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->