IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Just a quick update on me:

I had my last scan today. 19 follicles between 13 and 18. I have one more day of shots. I do the trigger Saturday night and we are set for the ER on Monday. My E2 came back at 2300 so all looks good. FS did lower my HCG dose to 5000 from the original 10000 iu because he said I'm at risk for OHSS. I really hope that doesn't happen after the retrieval because then they have to cancel the cycle.

I am so nervous about it all....ahhh and so is DH. They even gave us dietary guidelines. I'm suppose to drink a protein shake everyday. :saywhat:

That's interesting sunshine. I've never heard anyone else being required to have a protein shake every day. Can't hurt though! Good luck!!!

I had my last scan today. 19 follicles between 13 and 18. I have one more day of shots. I do the trigger Saturday night and we are set for the ER on Monday. My E2 came back at 2300 so all looks good. FS did lower my HCG dose to 5000 from the original 10000 iu because he said I'm at risk for OHSS. I really hope that doesn't happen after the retrieval because then they have to cancel the cycle.

I am so nervous about it all....ahhh and so is DH. They even gave us dietary guidelines. I'm suppose to drink a protein shake everyday. :saywhat:

Yay - you are so close now!

As far as the protein shake, my clinic told me to drink lots of fluids and eat lots of protein (80-100mg) so the protein shake makes sense. Your E2 isn't super high though so hopefully OHSS won't end up being an issue.

SquirrelGirl-I worry when I'm not in u/s or hearing the hb. You know we go through so much that it's hard to relax.

Sunshine-Oye!!! Here we have it all written down but there is human error! Yuck on the protein shake unless it's chocolate flavored! ;)

I have a question, tax related fertility stuff. I'm grasping at straws to avoid paying in more than I already have! I looked it up and apparently all fertility stuff is tax deductible after 7.5% gross. Any of you claim fertility stuff on your taxes and it helped with the deduction? I'm just sick at the fact of just giving money to the government! I did a mock run on my taxes without any deductions and if I don't start looking for something and items to deduct I'm going to have to pay another 1500 in making a grand total of 11,000 for the government to decide how they want to spend it and it just pisses me off! Ok, my rant is over. Will some of y'all be using it as a write off?

Squirr
Sunshine-Oye!!! Here we have it all written down but there is human error! Yuck on the protein shake unless it's chocolate flavored! ;)

It's vanilla flavored, I just tried it today with almond milk. It was yummy!

I have a question, tax related fertility stuff. I'm grasping at straws to avoid paying in more than I already have! I looked it up and apparently all fertility stuff is tax deductible after 7.5% gross. Any of you claim fertility stuff on your taxes and it helped with the deduction? I'm just sick at the fact of just giving money to the government! I did a mock run on my taxes without any deductions and if I don't start looking for something and items to deduct I'm going to have to pay another 1500 in making a grand total of 11,000 for the government to decide how they want to spend it and it just pisses me off! Ok, my rant is over. Will some of y'all be using it as a write off?

We defo will but my accountant will take care of that stuff so I don't even know how it's done. :haha:

Mrs. Bear - YAY! It's almost time! :yipee: How exciting! :dust:

berki - That awesome! Time to move forward with the next step!

sunshine - OMG so close!! :dust:

Angel baby - Good question. My DH said we couldn't use it because it's not over our AGI.

AFM - AF is here! Holy crap I'm shocked :shock: because this was the shortest cycle yet. So if all goes well I'll be starting injections after my follow up appt on Monday. :dance: This is perfect timing because it'll keep my mind focused on something other than my would be due date coming up.

AFM - AF is here! Holy crap I'm shocked :shock: because this was the shortest cycle yet. So if all goes well I'll be starting injections after my follow up appt on Monday. :dance: This is perfect timing because it'll keep my mind focused on something other than my would be due date coming up.

How exciting! which injections are you on?

Yippie !! You are soooo close! The protein is important because with OHSS there is shift of fluids from the cells to fluid on the abdomen (and lungs sometimes if severe).. The protein is to help prevent this from happening. Hope all goes well! During my first ER my E2 was like 3200 or something like that and they were a little concerned (20 follicles) but luckily it didnt happen (I was bloated and had pain for a while though)! This time my E2 was 2400ish the day of trigger and I felt much better after the ER (16 follicles). Hope you do well! Will keep fingers crossed for you :)

Mobaby fx its a real one. Sending you lots of fairy dust

Yippie !! You are soooo close! The protein is important because with OHSS there is shift of fluids from the cells to fluid on the abdomen (and lungs sometimes if severe).. The protein is to help prevent this from happening. Hope all goes well! During my first ER my E2 was like 3200 or something like that and they were a little concerned (20 follicles) but luckily it didnt happen (I was bloated and had pain for a while though)! This time my E2 was 2400ish the day of trigger and I felt much better after the ER (16 follicles). Hope you do well! Will keep fingers crossed for you :)

MoBaby! Did I miss something???? Congratulations!!! When did you test?? My E2 was 2300 and they were happy because there's less likelihood of OHSS now. They told me about my risk prior to getting my E2 back. I think by lowering my doses last time, I've slowed down. I'm bloated but not unbearably so.

I tested today.... I tested 3dpt and 4dpt to check trigger and it was gone 4dpt so I tested again at night with an IC and to my suprise the lines were getting darker... then this morning I tested at 6:30am with FRER, then IC (darker than the previous nights) and then dollar store test (darker also) and all BFP so I was like digi time and I did a digi and BFP! Then I took another FRER at 1:30pm today and IC to make sure it was getting darker (and my urine was dilute too) and I had progression on both so yeah, I HOPE it stays and its real :) Tomorrow will tell! My bloods aren't until Wednesday though! I may go crazy waiting :)

Glad your levels are down now! From what I have read OHSS is no joke so glad you are feeling okay.

I tested today.... I tested 3dpt and 4dpt to check trigger and it was gone 4dpt so I tested again at night with an IC and to my suprise the lines were getting darker... then this morning I tested at 6:30am with FRER, then IC (darker than the previous nights) and then dollar store test (darker also) and all BFP so I was like digi time and I did a digi and BFP! Then I took another FRER at 1:30pm today and IC to make sure it was getting darker (and my urine was dilute too) and I had progression on both so yeah, I HOPE it stays and its real :) Tomorrow will tell! My bloods aren't until Wednesday though! I may go crazy waiting :)

Glad your levels are down now! From what I have read OHSS is no joke so glad you are feeling okay.

Congrats that is such wonderful news!

Sounds like your HCG went up pretty fast, there's a good chance for twins!!! What do you think? I'm so excited for you....twins like SG. We need to change our thread title now. :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Sounds like your HCG went up pretty fast, there's a good chance for twins!!! What do you think? I'm so excited for you....twins like SG. We need to change our thread title now. :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Well, I did put back 2 awesome embies and my RE only wanted 1 because he thought they both might stick so only time will tell!! I hope so.. for some reason I am nervous about triplets IDK why but I keep thinking what if there are 3 in there, LOL. It would be a blessing but OMG it would be hard.

Congrats! That's awesome news! :happydance:

No transfer today, they pushed it back to Sunday so we will have a 5 day transfer. As of right now all 9 embies are still going strong. 5 8-cell (1A,4B), 1 6-cell B, 2 5-cell B and a 3-cell B. They doubt the 3-cell will make it but that still leaves 8 embies in the game. They are going to call me later with the exact time for Sunday, but she said it will probably be around 10 or 1030.

Good luck tomorrow Mrs. Bear. I bet you are super excited!! :happydance:

Congrats MoBaby :happydance:

CONGRATS, MoBaby!!!!!!!! So you're about 9 dpo/retrieval? I'd guess two are hanging out in there if you have such dark lines even with non-FMU! I had super faint lines at 12 dpo even with twins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->