IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Urchin woooo hooooo :happydance::happydance::happydance: congrats!!!!

Basestgrl - :hugs: remember to do lots of bd can still catch those eggies naturally!!

sorry girl :( Can you still BD in hopes of catching an eggie???

FS advised against it because he said there was still the chance of too many. :sad1:

Hi all, thought I would update seen as you'e been so kind as to add me to your front page :thumbup:.
I went for EC yesterday and they found 17 eggs. 15 were mature and 4 fertilised with ICSI. It's a pretty low fert rate but the reason is we have fronzen :spermy: due to DH's azoo. The embryologist said that those 4 will have as good a chance as any others though so fingers crossed for a Monday or Wednesday ET.

Also thought I'd pop by to say a massive congrats to all the :bfp:'s, I know I haven't posted on here for a while but I have definitely been stalking and all the success stories fill me with so much hope!
Also, massive :hugs: to the :bfn:'s- it's so sad to read your stories but you know you are not alone on here.
Lots of :dust: to the 2WW and everyone else who is waiting for the next step.

While I'm here I thought I'd ask for a little bit of advice. It looks like OHSS has shown her face for me. I guess that's the price I have to pay for my 17 eggs!
I'm in agony my ovaries are squashing my kidneys, I'm quite out of breath and feel really sick. I'm terrified about calling the clinic in case they cancel the cycle and when I mentioned some of the symptoms before EC they said only to worry if I'm not weeing and being sick, neither of which apply.

What to do? To call the clinic or not? I know some ladies on here have had or are experiencing some issues with this, so thought I'd ask.
Any advice is much appreciated x :hugs:

just thought I'd pop in to let you all know: I tested this morning and it was a blummin clear, dark POSITIVE!

so, there's another one to add to the role call on this thread....I'm so excited I just can't stop grinning :D

:wohoo::wohoo: congratulations urchin!!!

Well ladies, bad news...FS said there were too many mature follies (6 total) to continue my IUI cycle. I'm devastated. I had hoped that this would be a new chapter for us and also help me cope with our would be due date on Monday. Now all I can do is wait to O and get AF to start over. I'm crushed...:sad1:

Bastegrrl, so sorry to hear that. :hugs::hugs::hugs: can they convert it into IVF?

just thought I'd pop in to let you all know: I tested this morning and it was a blummin clear, dark POSITIVE!

so, there's another one to add to the role call on this thread....I'm so excited I just can't stop grinning :D

:wohoo::wohoo: congratulations urchin!!!

Well ladies, bad news...FS said there were too many mature follies (6 total) to continue my IUI cycle. I'm devastated. I had hoped that this would be a new chapter for us and also help me cope with our would be due date on Monday. Now all I can do is wait to O and get AF to start over. I'm crushed...:sad1:

Bastegrrl, so sorry to hear that. :hugs::hugs::hugs: can they convert it into IVF?

FS mentioned that but DH doesn't want to rush to that after one cycle. He said if it happens again we would proceed.

Congrats!! :happydance:

MrsC > You gonna test early or not?

I tested yesterday and it was a BFN I think it was to early so I'm going to test again tomorrow probably. I'm still feeling ok about testing but I don't want to get my hopes up to high if you know what I mean. My temp is still pretty up there so thats helping me.

Does anyone know how many days before AF temp drops or does it just depend on the person?

So sorry to hear that they won't let you continue this cycle. :hugs:

Congrats Urchin :yipee:

Bastet - I am so sorry to hear this news. I know it can be crushing. My first cycle they told me we would probably have to cancel b\c I had too many and I was devestated just to think of it. After all those meds and all the waiting it really stinks. I personally would still try on my own but we have male factor so the chances of mulitiples would be so low, I don't know if you have that or not. I don't blame you to not convert to IVF on first cycle, that would feel like really rushing into things. :hugs:

I tested yesterday and it was a BFN I think it was to early so I'm going to test again tomorrow probably. I'm still feeling ok about testing but I don't want to get my hopes up to high if you know what I mean. My temp is still pretty up there so thats helping me.

Does anyone know how many days before AF temp drops or does it just depend on the person?

MrsC, Mine drops the day my AF shows her face but I think it depends on the person. I know girls whose temps stay up past AF showing up.

MrsC, Mine drops the day my AF shows her face but I think it depends on the person. I know girls whose temps stay up past AF showing up.

Mine usually stay up even after AF for a few days..so I guess it really depends

hippie-- I'd say it's always best to call the clinic. If it's safe, they'll let you continue. If it's not, then it's best to not proceed and convert to a FET later. I know waiting would suck, but OHSS is not something to mess around with. :hugs:

Had ET today.Had 9 embryos that weere good, transferred 2. Now on bedrest and start of 2 week wait. Anyone know how long until i'm okay to go to work. Not scheduled until tuesday.

They have me on 1cc.
Had my ER yesterday. Just got a phone call saying collected 20, 9 immature and 11 attempted to fertilized but only 9 were mature and fertilized, but not sure if they will continue to grow.... fingers crossed for tommorrow AM... Good luck to everyone.

Started progesterone shots yesterday and every day and boy do they hurt.. oh well, it will be worth it.

I am on 2 cc's of the PIO and oh yes it hurts but so worth it! Grow embies grow!!!

You'll certainly feel physically well enough to go to work on Tuesday. I've read plenty of stuff on the internet that says either 2 days of bedrest is sufficient and even none is needed. So if you want to go, I don't think there's any reason why you shouldn't. Unless you're doing something extremely physically demanding...

Offically took my first pill of clomid today!! Back in the game!!

I am a nurse at L&D in hospital. 12 hour shifts. I will talk to my boss and see if I can get one more day off just to be safe. I don't know when 2 day embryos might implant and i dont want to impact that happening.
You'll certainly feel physically well enough to go to work on Tuesday. I've read plenty of stuff on the internet that says either 2 days of bedrest is sufficient and even none is needed. So if you want to go, I don't think there's any reason why you shouldn't. Unless you're doing something extremely physically demanding...

They have me on 1cc.
Had my ER yesterday. Just got a phone call saying collected 20, 9 immature and 11 attempted to fertilized but only 9 were mature and fertilized, but not sure if they will continue to grow.... fingers crossed for tommorrow AM... Good luck to everyone.

Started progesterone shots yesterday and every day and boy do they hurt.. oh well, it will be worth it.

I am on 2 cc's of the PIO and oh yes it hurts but so worth it! Grow embies grow!!!

The protocol for me was 1 cc for the fresh but we didn't transfer. This is my frozen cycle so they upped it to 2 cc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->