IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

bastet-I am so sorry. I would take the chance though and BD anyway. My daughter was one of 5 eggs in an IUI and she was the only one to take.

Hippiehappy-Personally...and really I fought this tooth and nail until I realized the doctor was right... I would postpone the transfer. OHSS is just too risky and the pain becomes unbearable and sometimes requires hospitalization if you become pregnant. I did it with the IUI of my daughter and we had no idea what we were in for. I never needed fluid drained thank God but I cried every day it seemed. Then with my IVF in December, I got it again and man I couldn't wait to get af just to have everything settle down. We just did our frozen cycle with this embies. :)

I took the full 2WW off work (well, actually 2.5WW) - My GP gave me a sicknote for the first 10 days and then I took a week's annual leave.

This was more about my stress levels than the physical side of things though!

The clinic advised me not to stress during the 2WW and although my job is great, it is also very stressful - and not the kind of thing where you can find yourself something simple to do.
So I have been at home distracting myself with things like meeting friends for lunch :D

Bastetgrrl- Did they tell you the sizes? The smaller ones will not likely take. All the best to you and yours whatever you decide. :dust: to and :hugs:

Hi there,

We're waiting for IUI at St Marys at the min and noticed your at the same place. Hows the waiting been for you guys? Seems to be 3 months between contact at each stage for us and still not started a treatment (much to my dissappointment).
Hope you've got a little further along the process now :)

Desperate, I only took 2 days off then came back to a very stressful (though not physically taxing) week at my job. I did almost curse myself out when I had an episode of bleeding a couple days ago though, wish I rested more. YOu just don't want to have any regrets, make sure you do all that you can. Good luck! :dust:

Equal, :thumbup: to the new cycle!

Bastetgrrl, I went ahead and did an IUI with 5 follicles over 20 mm.

AFM, my bleeding has subsided, hopefully won't be back. Thank you ladies for all your support and prayers.:hugs:

That makes me feel better, I was worried it was too little. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize these two from being successful.
They have me on 1cc.
Had my ER yesterday. Just got a phone call saying collected 20, 9 immature and 11 attempted to fertilized but only 9 were mature and fertilized, but not sure if they will continue to grow.... fingers crossed for tommorrow AM... Good luck to everyone.

Started progesterone shots yesterday and every day and boy do they hurt.. oh well, it will be worth it.

I am on 2 cc's of the PIO and oh yes it hurts but so worth it! Grow embies grow!!!

The protocol for me was 1 cc for the fresh but we didn't transfer. This is my frozen cycle so they upped it to 2 cc.

Desperate, I only took 2 days off then came back to a very stressful (though not physically taxing) week at my job. I did almost curse myself out when I had an episode of bleeding a couple days ago though, wish I rested more. YOu just don't want to have any regrets, make sure you do all that you can. Good luck! :dust:

Equal, :thumbup: to the new cycle!

Bastetgrrl, I went ahead and did an IUI with 5 follicles over 20 mm.

AFM, my bleeding has subsided, hopefully won't be back. Thank you ladies for all your support and prayers.:hugs:

When is your repeat beat hon??

That makes me feel better, I was worried it was too little. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize these two from being successful.
They have me on 1cc.
Had my ER yesterday. Just got a phone call saying collected 20, 9 immature and 11 attempted to fertilized but only 9 were mature and fertilized, but not sure if they will continue to grow.... fingers crossed for tommorrow AM... Good luck to everyone.

Started progesterone shots yesterday and every day and boy do they hurt.. oh well, it will be worth it.

I am on 2 cc's of the PIO and oh yes it hurts but so worth it! Grow embies grow!!!

The protocol for me was 1 cc for the fresh but we didn't transfer. This is my frozen cycle so they upped it to 2 cc.

I did a frozen cycle for my son and they only had me on 1 cc. My progesterone was low but not dangerously so.

Beta is tomorrow! So hoping for good numbers! I used my last pregnancy test tonight and the line was definitely darker! :)

errrr IluvB - I don't know what me repeat beat is! :shrug:

but i'm ringing the clinic this morning to let them know about my BFP and find out what the next stage is for me (which I think is a scan)

thehoppers > Good luck with the appointments and hope you can start with the treatment soon.

sunshine > im very glad the bleeding has subsided. Now it must just stay away!!!!

Bastetgrrl > I would also BD! Chances of the small ones maturing is slim!

ILuvBabies > We know your numbers are gonna be great! Are you wishing for triplets, twins or just one?

AFM > The whole weekend was fine until last night. I woke up at about 2am with the most incredible cramps. So bad that I was actually in tears, and it was low down cramps exactly like period pains, I kept on thinking that im gonna wipe and there's gonna be blood, but thank goodness there wasn’t. I know the progesterone will prevent a full period but OMW it was unbelievable sore. I used a electric warm bottle but only luke warm not fully heated up to ease the pain but this morning I heard it's not a good idea as it raises your core temp too much. And also the lower back pain is also very prominent. Fx'd that it is all good symptoms!!!

Oh yes and I find my patience to be very thin, and the funny thing is, I know I'm snappy but can't help it :blush:

As for my reveal idea, i think im gonna rather just do the snow globe seeing that it is appropriate for Valentines day. But im gonna do a Digi on the one side and a normal line test on the other side.

Bastetgrrl- Did they tell you the sizes? The smaller ones will not likely take. All the best to you and yours whatever you decide. :dust: to and :hugs:

The two large ones were 16 and 14 and the other were 11-12.

18+ is ideal for fertilization so it looks like they cancelled you before you were even ready. :nope:

So there's a good chance that the 16 will end up being the dominant follie anyways, huh?

For sure! I doubt all 4 will go! :)

thehoppers > Good luck with the appointments and hope you can start with the treatment soon.

sunshine > im very glad the bleeding has subsided. Now it must just stay away!!!!

Bastetgrrl > I would also BD! Chances of the small ones maturing is slim!

ILuvBabies > We know your numbers are gonna be great! Are you wishing for triplets, twins or just one?
AFM > The whole weekend was fine until last night. I woke up at about 2am with the most incredible cramps. So bad that I was actually in tears, and it was low down cramps exactly like period pains, I kept on thinking that im gonna wipe and there's gonna be blood, but thank goodness there wasn’t. I know the progesterone will prevent a full period but OMW it was unbelievable sore. I used a electric warm bottle but only luke warm not fully heated up to ease the pain but this morning I heard it's not a good idea as it raises your core temp too much. And also the lower back pain is also very prominent. Fx'd that it is all good symptoms!!!

Oh yes and I find my patience to be very thin, and the funny thing is, I know I'm snappy but can't help it :blush:

As for my reveal idea, i think im gonna rather just do the snow globe seeing that it is appropriate for Valentines day. But im gonna do a Digi on the one side and a normal line test on the other side.

Just one to be honest...I am scared about all the life changes coming if there are two. And there better not be 3! We only transferred 2! :winkwink:

I had cramps too on and off in the 2ww. Still do just sitting at the computer or playing on the floor with my 4 year old.

t

That is a great sign! You are way too early for AF. FX'd for you, this Vday will be a special one for you. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->