Ivf June / July

Looks like we will all be so close in timing! My CD1 should arrive around June 22nd, and I will start stims on CD3 of that. So happy we will have people to talk with while going through the process!!
I am not doing any suppression or priming for my cycle. I dont know if I should be worried about that. My protocol is antagonist so my RE said with my age and good reserve tests I shouldn't need to do any of those things... although everywhere I read people did at least birth control or lupron before a cycle starts??

UGH!

g_ant_t Do you know what units yours was measured in?

Hey MNelson! Sounds like we have almost an identical timeline/protocol! I am on CD1, I am also doing the ganirelix protocol (antagonist) and Doctor said I didn't need BCP. I expect my next period at the end of June and will start my stims then! My Doctor said it was up to me if I wanted BCP before my cycle- if my cycles were irregular. He said since my cycles are pretty regular that I didn't need the BCP.

I am 30 and had a really great antral follicle count. Go in for my Day 3 bloods tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Ashley that is awesome! I just turned 30 as well, like just last week! That is crazy that we will have such a close timeline, protocol, and hopefully similar successful outcome!
I don't go in to do my bloods until CD2 of the cycle I am starting stims. On CD1 I call in, CD2 go for bloods and ultrasound, and then CD3 start stims if all goes well on CD2!

Let me know how yours is going to go! I haven't had an AFC since August last year, but back then it was in the 20s so hopefully still just as good.I know my FSH was low and my AMH was at the med-high level for normal so I was happy with that. All I hope is that they are good QUALITY eggies in there. I have been taking supplements for the past 4 months and acupuncture so I am really hoping that helps!

Hey MNelson- Well I had to go in for day 3 tests today because I needed updated AMH,FSH, LH and Estradiol labs. I am doing a multiple cycle with a guarantee so I need to "qualify" with normal labs before I can be accepted into the program.

Nurse put me on BCP, take my first dose tomorrow. LOL I decided to take the BCP because the nurse told me that if I didn't take the BCP we are essentially at the mercy of my body for when AF shows up to start stimming. Using BCP, its pretty much controlled and they can plan things better. They said I should get a withdrawal bleed after the last dose of BCP and ER is looking at like July 1-3rd. So now I am a little further behind you <3

My estimated ER date is July 6th so not too different now! Of course, thats if my cycle all pans out. Which of course, it could be the one cycle that isn't consistent, because why be consistent when I need you to be! haha

I'm late to this group! Hi ladies !

We've got two factor infertility: I've got endometriosis & hubby has random (most of the time) LSC/motility.

Last IVF cycle -> 20 eggs, 10 retrieved, 4 mature, 2 fertilized, 1 made it through the night. DD born @ 36 weeks October 2015! No frosties. So here we go again!

Very fortunate to have a "funded" cycle or we couldn't do this again. We pay for drugs & administrative fees.

Starting 450 IU Gonal-f tomorrow. Last time it took a while for some eggs to respond to the drug (hence so few mature eggs), so hitting them hard this time. Short cycle!

Baby dust to all of you on your journey!!!

Hi Rosina! Good luck with the start of meds! Do you anticipate egg retrieval in a couple weeks? Doing a fresh transfer?

Hi MK! Thanks! One down.

Yes, expecting to do a retrieval in about nine days. Nervous about them "stopping" again during the procedure. Last time they said I looked like I was in too much pain. I need to practice my tough face.

We'll see how things are progressing on Friday & hopeful to have a better idea of timelines. Looking to do a fresh cycle & fingers crossed for a backup this time.

As it's funded only one transfer is allowed unless I have 3 failed transfers, then they can put two in.

I have 14 follicles this time.

What's involved in priming? Is it mostly just control of your cycle through BC?

Hey Rosina, so exciting to hear. I love how ontario started funding IVF... if only the rest of Canada could catch up! Ugh.
Wishing you so much luck for this cycle, keep us updated on how all the stims are going and how the follicles respond. Were you on anything for your last cycle or this one for the endo? I have seen some girls mention steroids to reduce inflammation, but my clinic won't do them because they think they do more harm than good. I see you had a successful first cycle with a DD, so wondering if you needed them back then at all?

Interesting how different clinics do things so differently.

The priming I think is focused mostly on testosterone? I don't really know for sure but because they anticipate that I will be a poor responder based on my amh and FSH the testosterone is supposed to help that when I start the stimming.

I will be on a steroid when I'm doing my stimming cycle. But the intention of it is to suppress the male hormone, but I'm hoping it also has an impact on inflammation with my endometriosis. They didn't say anything about the endometriosis for me when it comes to the IVF process. I don't have any issues directly with my ovaries or my tubes so my IVF isn't really because of my endometriosis like I know some people is. What kind of harm did they say they do Mnelson?

I dont really have specifics. Mostly that steroids in general are not good for you, so unless there is a very serious reason to do it, they usually do not recommend it is as much info as I got. I dont know that that was super helpful haha.

Hey girls! Popping in to say hi! All of my blood tests have come back normal. Tomorrow I have a hysteroscopy. Not looking forward to having a full bladder while they insert scopes and things, just praying I don't pee all over the table. LMFAO!

My hubby has to go in this saturday to give a "sample" so they can analyze it and freeze it as a back up. The only time my clinic will let us come in on a weekend is at 7AM! My husband just looked at me and he was like you expect me to perform at 7am on a saturday LOL. I said you will if you know whats good for you. Hahahaha

S**t is getting real around here! I just paid a bit over $3K today for my meds (ugh) and got my plan for this cycle. I start stimming on June 24, which also happens that I have a wedding that day, so hopefully I can give myself the shots in the morning!

Having difficulty replying... Lost it twice. Will try on my computer tonight. :,(

Ooh day three of stims ladies! I got about 65 IU overflow from my last pen. Any little bit helps with these crazy 450 IU shots! DH has been giving all the shots. I started out doing the last one, but he took over after a few. I find it easier and he&#8217;s pretty good! I hope some magic is happening in there and that more than a few are maturing like last time. Excited to find out on Friday.

MNelson &#8211; Yes, Quebec has been leading the way in funding for IVF, but Ontario certainly has come a long way. However, I feel quite vulnerable on this funded vs. the paid cycle. If they say jump, you pretty much have to ask, &#8220;how high?&#8221; As we&#8217;ve done this before, I was questioning some of the decisions my doc was making and instead of telling me the why behind what she was planning based on the facts from the previous cycle, she just said that there were 100 other women waiting for my spot. So&#8230; ok. No questions, got it. Shut up and do what you&#8217;re told. Nevertheless, I&#8217;m incredibly grateful for her and the funding because without it, I wouldn&#8217;t be doing this again. It&#8217;s just been a bit stressful/emotional along the way.

With the endo, last time I had surgery a little less than a year before IVF. This time, the pregnancy and breastfeeding (I&#8217;m still breastfeeding) have kept the endo symptoms at bay. So I haven&#8217;t done anything else for it.

MK &#8211; ahh. Yes, my doc wanted to get us going ASAP with this IVF cycle because my # of follicles & AMH aren&#8217;t as good as before (makes sense as I&#8217;m getting older). I just know my AMH was medium-low. I&#8217;m 33.

Ashley &#8211; how did your hysteroscopy go? Re: your hubby! Hahah! Good luck Saturday AM! :O I&#8217;m at $2k so far! Friday I&#8217;ll shell out another $2k. :&#8217;( Did you have to do IVF with your other two littles? I think you&#8217;ll be fine for the wedding &#8211; day 1 has never really bothered me. I&#8217;m on day 3 and my ovaries still don&#8217;t really feel sensitive.

Rosina- yay for stimming!!!!
My hysteroscopy went good. Doctor said everything was normal, he did find a few small polyps that we decided to just leave alone because he said they wouldn't interfere with IVF. He said if they were large ones he would need to remove them but because they were pretty small they were fine to leave. My 2 boys were conceived naturally and easily. They are from a previous relationship. I didn't expect that I would ever need IVF because I got pregnant back to back pretty much (found out I was pregnant with DS2 when DS1 was only 9 months old). So it really is a mystery why I can not get pregnant with my hubby!!!!

Mnelson-how are you!

AFM- Just a bit nervous having to give myself the first day of shots out in public. Since I will be at a wedding wearing a dress, I will pretty much either have to strip partially in a bathroom to give myself the shots in the stomach LOL I think I will be okay but I just don't want people to see what I am doing/ask questions/general questions about IVF infertility BS that I am tired of answering KWIM?

Ashley, Good to hear everything went well with the hysteroscopy. Sounds like you're ready to go! Hopefully you can find a bit of privacy during the wedding to take your shots. Yeah, I keep the whole IVF thing on the DL. Some close friends know details. I do tell people that we have a hard time conceiving because people always ask when we're having another. Sigh. It took three years to have my daughter... and I tell them we had help/fertility. That's usually enough.

You're lucky to have had your boys naturally. Unexplained infertility is difficult - I can't imagine not knowing. Fingers crossed this works for you.

AFM - Day 7 of stims! Friday, doc put me up to 600 IU of Gonal F & I started cetrotide. We're done recruiting eggs, I've got ten nice ones coming along. The left ovary finally produced a few extra. She still wants me to continue on 600 IU though. 3 in the morning and 3 at night. Can't wait for this part to be over. I have everything in hand for transfer day as well. OMG. Can't believe it's almost here. It's really surreal as it all happened so fast. Last time they only retrieved four mature eggs, so fingers crossed we have a better outcome this time. Have a great day ladies!

8 for sure, maybe 10 will be mature. Retrieval is on Friday I think! I should find out today

Hi Ladies! I was away for a vacation and am back now. Its so nice to see you all progressing in your cycles!

I had my injection training yesterday, seems simple enough, except that we have to do them between 1-5pm. So that really sucks, but I am off at 330 so I will try to do them around 4 every day. I can't believe I will be starting in probably just over a week! AF should be due around Wednesday next week and then CD2 will be blood and ultrasound baseline, with stims starting on CD3. I can't wait, but also was so badly hoping that the last month trying some miracle might happen! Currently my post O temps are not great. I am usually around .2 degrees higher in my tww. So I dont know what that really means.

Rosina 8-10 sounds great!! Excited to see how everything goes for you!

Mnelson - do you think your trip could be messing with your temps at all since you were probably a little off schedule?

Ashley - I'll be at a wedding next Saturday too and thought I may be stimming, but I think I won't be starting until the following week since CD1 came a little later this month than I thought it would. Depending on where it is at, maybe you can find a private place other than the bathroom to do it? Like if they have a "bride's room" or anything like that. I've also always wondered why it is so important to use the belly, I think some of that is convenience, but if you have anyone that you could have help you the back of your arm maybe due to the dress?

AFM - just chugging along with my estradiol and testosterone. I start prometrium tomorrow and then will switch to a lower dose testosterone in the next week. CD should be here around June 27 and will start stimming CD 4. I have a job interview on Thur, so with a tentative ER on July 11, I'm hoping any offers I get I can wait to start until July 17 so I don't have to mess with time off for ER. It'll be tough enough in a couple months when I need time off for transfer. How do you guys deal with getting time off since it is not specific?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->