Ivf June / July

Mnelson! You're starting soooon! My doc told me not to be concerned with anything abnormal during the cycle because the drugs would take care of everything, so try not to worry.

Ashley - I think you can do gonal-f in the side of the thigh... I def prefer the belly though as I def have more fat there!

MK - ugghh! This is so tough regarding job interviews. I have one next week... the only day they made available is Wednesday... guess what?! That's transfer day (if they make it to day 5). So, I emailed to see if they could accommodate Tuesday. Fingers crossed. I kinda feel strange about trying to start a new job while also trying to get pregnant at the same time. It's pretty much my dream job though... so what can I do?! My current company is pretty good. I told my boss I have a couple of doctor's appointments and that her discretion is appreciated. She seemed kinda annoyed, especially since we have a team meeting on Wednesday that is pretty near-mandatory. Sorry life takes priority and I do not need to provide specific details. Meh.

AFM - Triggered Wednesday night - was looking at potentially 10 mature eggs. Went in Friday and got 10 eggs. This morning's report was out of the 10, 8 were mature, 4 fertilized. I'll get a quality report tomorrow. So hoping they do well. Last time I lost one of two fertilized eggs overnight. Come on little embies! Was pretty sore yesterday and still quite sore today. DD kneed me in the ovaries a handful of times while breastfeeding. Owwwww!

My ringer was off this morning & I missed the status update. I called back within ten minutes and left a voicemail. I'm still recovering and was exhausted this afternoon & had a nap, so missed the call they returned. The nurse said the other nurse gave details this morning on the voicemail. Unfortunately, this is not true. They just said to call back. So today's been tough. It's my fault I guess. I just want to know how my embryos are doing. :cry: #hormonesAreNotHelping!

Tomorrow is day three, so either it was terrible news and I lost them all, or we're doing well to make it to day five. Otherwise they would have made more of an effort to get a hold of me, right? Ugh... Is this because I'm funded? I don't remember the lack of effort or compassion when I paid.

It's going to be a long night.

Ugh, sorry you weren't able to get an update Rosina! How frustrating! I hope you get a good update tomorrow and can get that interview scheduled for Tuesday!

Thanks MK

Yesterday's report was 4 grade 4 (their grading scale is backwards).

Today is 3 grade 4, 2*12 cell, 1*8 cell, lost one

The nurse today was so nice. Holy hormones

Oh no Rosina, the rollercoaster of emotions for you the past two days must have been a struggle! But on the bright side, your reports sound great!! Now you just have to wait until tomorrow right and then you will be pupo!

I am spotting currently so AF should be here tomorrow or wednesday. The spotting scares me. Every Gyno and RE I talk to always write it off, but I haven't got pregnant in 18 months and have had this spotting that whole time, so I feel like they are just overlooking something and that it will affect my IVF cycle. I am so afraid to start spotting during my TWW for IVF and then know automatically I am out.

UGHHH I am so stressed out about this already :(

Going for 3dt 8 cell. They're growing the other two to blast to see if I can freeze them. I'll be pupo in a few hours!

Mnelson - the drugs will take care of everything! Your body won't be doing the regulating, that's probably why they're not worried. Geez, it's a rollercoaster from the start, isn't it!? Hang in there!

Transfer went well. Everyone was so kind, I was just going out of my mind with all the hormones & not knowing & thinking the worst. Now for the 2ww!

Congratulations on bring Pupo!
Did you get an embryo picture?

Anyone else told no allergy meds during stims? I'm currently talking Zyrtec daily and use Flonase a couple times a week when it's really bad. I was told no Zyrtec so I just asked about the Flonase and nurse said no to that to... but I can take Benadryl if needed. (Which would just make me want to sleep)

I know it can dry up mucous, but shouldn't be an issue with IVF, and if pregnant I'd look into what I can take, but no transfer for me until Aug or Sept. I'm a little nervous I'll be miserable for the 2 weeks I'm stimmimg!

So I just researched this the other day! Apparently you need a certain level of histamine in your body to aid in implantation and some other factors with IVF so that is why they don't allow it. Which concerns me why she said benadryl was okay? Either way, I have just been suffering through hoping it does something good for little embies.

Rosina- congrats on being PUPO!

Mnelson- I have the EXACT same problem. I have spotted since I got my mirena IUD taken out (YEARS ago!) I know I have low progesterone. I am terrified of going off the progesterone once I get pregnant. I am hoping I can convince my OB/GYN to just keep me on the PIO shots weekly for the entire pregnancy. I figure progesterone doesn't hurt and I do not want to miscarry after I stop taking the progesterone.

Mkaykes- I am sorry you have to deal with allergies! That would be awful if you can't take any meds!

AFM- I took my last BCP Monday. I have been taken aspirin nightly. I have been spotting since monday (brown to almost black cm....which is "normal" for me but def worries me every month) Like Mnelson said, everybody writes it off as "normal"

Have my baseline appt this Friday! :happydance::happydance:

Thank you lord for other ladies that spot!! Haha. I have been going insane the last few days thinking I am out before we even start!

Yay for last BCP! We are really close in schedule, its CD1 for me today and I will have baseline tomorrow (thursday)!

I think I am going to start my low dose aspirin today as well. My sheet says the day you start stims but oh well, I dont think it will do anything major starting today.

Omg ladies! You're all getting started soon!

As it's very early Thursday AM - I'm 3dp3dt. I missed one progesterone suppository this afternoon... and put this one in quite late tonight. I had my job interview today and was just so distracted. Then LO wouldn't go to bed tonight and I fell asleep with her and nearly missed tonight's dose. Uggghh! This will not happen again - scheduling everything RIGHT now.

So of my last two embryos, one made it to blast and was frozen today. So that's good! I've never had a frostie before!

So Thursday/Friday is when, if this current embyro made it to blast after transfer, is when it hatches and implants. Come on little embryo!

I'm going to rummage through my old posts to see the date of my first + pregnancy test.

Mnelson: yes! I got a pic of the ET :O Right beside the little air bubble. <3

Sooo looking back on my last IVF cycle, I did my first pregnancy test 8dp3dt, the first clear positive test was 10dp3dt. So looks like I'll start trending these tests as of next Tuesday (the 27th).

I got to schedule those progesterone suppositories and then go to bed. Sweet dreams ladies.

Congrats on having a frostie Rosina! How are you feeling? When is your test day?

MNelson and Ashley, did you start your stims? How is it going?

I'm waiting for CD1, which should be here any day now, start stims on CD3 after baseline testing.

Rosina! You start testing tomorrow!! I literally cannot wait. I will be stalking this thread like crazy for the next few days!

MK - I am on day 4 of stims today, I go in for an ultrasound and bloodwork to see how things are moving along. I honestly don't feel any different than I normally do? I am only on the Puregon right now, and its the pen injector, so a super tiny needle. I hardly feel anything when it goes in and no burning or rashes from the meds. I really hope its working since I don't feel much of anything. No twinges or pains or anything in my ovaries has me a little worried.

Hi ladies! I'm feeling good. The suppositories give me period-like cramps, so it freaks me out!! Then dark brown spotting Monday morning, like a whole tablespoon-worth, had me almost in tears. But nothing today, so let's just say that was implantation bleeding! 🤞

MK - day 1 yet?!

Mnelson, yeah I convinced myself that WEDNESDAY was the day I started testing last. I should have looked at my post! So I'll post something tomorrow! I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much! Feeling positive though. So we'll see! Tomorrow I find out if the company I applied to wants my references... So much going on. How was your ultrasound? I felt my ovaries about half way through stims. So excited to watch your progress too! I only had bruising from one needle, but the rest were ok. Good luck!!!!!

Rosina- any news?! :)

Mkaykes- Yep started stimming saturday! I hardly felt the needle and I was like why was I being such a wimp! LOL I have been feeling lots of weird sensations in my stomach. Today is stim day 4!

MNelson- I know what you mean! I have only been using the follistim pen, which is a tiny thin needle! I only feel the initial pierce through the skin if I don't do it fast enough.

Today is stim day 4. I went for my first bloodwork/ultrasound and saw a ton of follicles on the ultrasound machine. Just got the call from my nurse and they lowered my dose of follistim and I am adding in low dose HCG.

Nurse told me to bring in my lupron trigger when I go back this Thurs, and I am like ummm I don't have lupron. She is like yeah we ordered it for you, and said I needed to call my pharmacy. Sure enough I look at the med sheet and I didn't receive it! :growlmad: I call pharmacy and tell them I need it overnighted. No problem. They aren't charging me shipping since it is their error, but the 2 lupron syringes are $430 UGH!!!!!! Thought we were done paying for this :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->