IVF Oct/Nov/Dec BFP Announcement & 9month term thread!

As you guys know I had my level 2 scan about a week ago and that went great. They also did a vaginal ultrasound to measure my cervix and the problem is that when they measured my cervix it was measuring short. The DR. put me on vaginal progesterone which is supposed to help and I have to get a check of my cervix done tomorrow morning so I am hoping it is maintaining it's thickness or that it has gotten longer. It is scary because it can cause pre term labor, so please keep your fingers crossed for me that my cervix improves. I will do an update tomorrow and let you guys know how things went regarding my cervix.

Sandoval - thanks for teaching us some different names on things. Think I may use nappy in my vocabulary now.

update on us - DH and SIL painted the nursery today and it looks great. DH was in there taking his photos in between painting, lol.

Hope everyone had a great Easter!!!!

That's great that the nursery is coming along and has been painted.:thumbup: Are you going to show us pictures of the progress so far?:winkwink:

Hi everyone!! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

wanna - Hope things look better for you tomorrow ;)

We wanted to do the balloon with confetti yesterday to reveal the gender, but that didn't pan out. I ended up going to carters, picking out a pink and blue outfit, both for the same price and giving the girl our envelope to put the right one in a box. She went in back and put one in and put the envelope and receipt in the box as well :) We had DS open it yesterday and I was in complete SHOCK :) I couldn't seem to attach a video here, but we are team :blue:

Hello everyone!

I hope you guys had a great weekend.

Want yay for nursery! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Wanna, I'm sorry about your cervix. I hope everything goes well tomorrow and the progesterone is helping you.

Michelle I thought girl for sure! Congratulations on a boy!

I can't believe we are in April already! Time seems to be flying by! Have a great day ladies.

Me too Happy! Everyone thought we were having a girl! I think DH was a little disappointed, he really wanted a girl (probably wanted a daddy's girl), but I know that DS will be so happy to have a brother to play with! Not to mention, we have ALL boy things already. I have 7 huge bins of boy clothes, tons and tons of boys toys such as trucks, etc... But I just prefer a healthy baby ;)

Sandoval - My favorite UK term is pushchair. Love it.

Want - Yay on the nursery getting painted! Sounds like things are coming together.

Wanna - Good luck on your checkup tomorrow. Hope everything is looking good. I know it's hard not to worry. Every twitch I have I get worried. Your babies will cook long enough. :hugs:

Michelle - Yay for team blue! You're helping us even out a bit. ;) That is so exciting. And super cool that there is so much you won't have to buy. Woot!

Happy - Hope you are doing well.

AFM - I have another twin growth ultrasound on Friday as well as a glucose test. FX everything is still looking good. We are pretty much settled on cribs now and I think I'm going to order them today. Plus, at our family Easter dinner yesterday, my sister offered to do a shower for me! Yay! Below is a pic of my 26 week bump.

tn_DSCN4164.JPG

Happy 26 weeks Whisper! You are so tiny for twins at 26 weeks with twins ;) You really look amazing!! And awesome your sister is going to give you a shower!!! Good luck Friday!!

Wanna - Hope everything goes well with your results.

Michelle - Awesome you are on team blue with us! :happydance: You better not be April Fooling us! lol

Whisper - Awesome bumb girl! I will post a recent one of me shortly.

Thanks for the good luck wishes for my appointment tomorrow guys. :hugs::flower: I am hoping for good news tomorrow. I know if my cervix gets any thinner than I could end up having to get my cervix stitched up which is really scary to me. :cry: I know that the DR's will only do it as a last resort. Although there are risks associated with it like miscarriage, infection and permanent damage to my cervix. :wacko: Although without the stich I could be risking pre term labor, so unfortunately that will be my only option probably if my cervix gets any worse. :cry: Fingers crossed it won't come to that though.

@Michelle, Congrats on being team blue!!! I am so happy for you!! :thumbup: https://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee422/scusemeplees/edbb1b50.gif

@Whisper, your bump is so cute. You look really great for being pregnant with twins!! :winkwink: Your blouse is very pretty! I am glad that the nursery is coming together nicely. That is so sweet that your sister is throwing you a baby shower.:thumbup: I hope you have a wonderful time.

I don't know if I will be able to travel back home to make my big baby shower my sister and I had planned, if my cervix keeps giving me problems I could end up on bed rest and my family would have to come to my house for the baby shower, so it would be a lot smaller and mainly just family so in a way I will be disappointed. My appointment tomorrow will help determine what I can do.

I wanted to add what my latest nursery set choices are. I don't remember if I told you guys what sets I ended up picking. Since I found out I am pregnant with a boy and a girl I ended up picking totally different sets than I originally thought I wanted. I am going with a pink set with birds, flowers and tree branches, then for the boy a blue set with birds in tree branches. One side of the nursery will be the girls and the other will be the boys. I am also going to decorate the walls with a large tree with blowing flowers and the baby's names on one side of the nursery and a smaller tree that matches the boy's set on the other side that has blue birds on it. I think it will be really pretty by the time it is done. Here are pics of the sets that I have picked.

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/pinkbirdsnursery_zpse65d01fa.jpg

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/bluebirdsboynursery_zps3f6c8b2a.jpg

Michelle you are right! A healthy baby is the best. Will you want more babies after this one?

Whisper you have a lovely bump! Good luck on Friday! I hope everything goes well. So glad your sister is doing a shower for you.

Wanna those are very nice colors for the twins. I love the idea! I hope everything goes well tomorrow for you. I'll keep you in my prayers. Hopefully you will still get to have your big baby shower at your sister's.

I wanted to add what my latest nursery set choices are. I don't remember if I told you guys what sets I ended up picking. Since I found out I am pregnant with a boy and a girl I ended up picking totally different sets than I originally thought I wanted. I am going with a pink set with birds, flowers and tree branches, then for the boy a blue set with birds in tree branches. One side of the nursery will be the girls and the other will be the boys. I am also going to decorate the walls with a large tree with blowing flowers and the baby's names on one side of the nursery and a smaller tree that matches the boy's set on the other side that has blue birds on it. I think it will be really pretty by the time it is done. Here are pics of the sets that I have picked.

Wanna - you have simular ideas to what we are doing. We are doing a tree with branches on our wall too.

Here's the tree we got:

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51bY68V1eXL._SX450_.jpg

Here is our nursery after painting: (DH took the pic with his fisheye lens so that's why it looks curved).
https://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m601/freedomfighter50/Baby/DSC_0985_zps1de1195e.jpg

And here is my bump this morning:

https://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m601/freedomfighter50/DSC_0987_zpsda1c31f0.jpg

@Happy, thanks for the well wishes hun!! :flower:

@Want, That tree is really cute and I love the paint color you guys picked for the nursery, it is very pretty. :flower: Cute bump hun!! You are looking really great!!! :thumbup:

Wanna, good luck for today hun. Hope you get some good new and your cervix is looking a lot better :hugs:

Michelle, congrats on team blue!!

Whisper and Want, great bump shots girls! You are both looking great.

Hope everyone else is well. I sorted out maternity leave with my work yesterday. I'll finish up at the start of June (cos I've saved a lot of holidays to add on to my official maternity which will start on my due date), and won't return until September 2014! :shock: Can't wait to finish up now, it's all becoming very real!!

Want that's a beautiful bump. I love the nursery idea.

Sandoval you have a great maternity plan. I wish the US had something similar. I get 8 weeks for c-section and I can take up to 12 additional weeks. I like your plan better. I have an appt on Thursday I'm going to ask how much longer I can work.

Happy - This is it for me :) I have DS and we just wanted him to have a sibling. I also turn 40 in january and really feel blessed with 2 children! How about you?

Want - CUTE bump and LOVE LOVE LOVE the tree; that is amazing! Who painted it? And love the color of the room ;)

Sandoval - WOW...that is unbelievably awesome. I wish I had that much time off! I get 12 weeks total for my c-section. You are super lucky ;)

wanna - cute bedding for your LO's :) Good luck today and hope you still get to go to your baby shower!!!

I ended up at my dentist yesterday; Friday my crown broke! I needed to get that replaced along with another filling :( My mouth is killing me today.

Thanks for all of the well wishes and support girls!!! :hugs::flower: You girls are the best!!! :hugs:

So I had my vaginal ultrasound to measure my cervix this morning, DH drove me in and took the morning off from work, so I was glad that he was with me because I was nervous. :thumbup: The ultrasound technician girl did it. She had to take a bunch of measurements from different angles for 3 minutes, so may lady parts were a little tender from the vaginal ultrasound thing being in there for 3 minutes:wacko:. She brought the results to the DR to be reviewed, and the good news is that my cervix is staying the same and is measuring the same as it was a week ago so I was able to leave without any additional requirements other then what I have already been doing.

So I will just be going to my next regular OB appointment on 04/12 and I have another level 2 ultrasound on 04/22. I am going to continue to stay on my vaginal progesterone and relax as much as possible, and make sure I am not over doing it. Hopefully my short cervix is going to stay the same for a while to give the twins enough time to cook and get big and strong. :thumbup: Please continue to keep your fingers crossed for me.

I have to either call my regular OB or ask her about traveling in my next appointment on the 04/12 to see if I will be ale to travel for my baby shower on 05/18 or not.:shrug:

@Sandoval, that is really awesome that you have some additional time saved so that you can start maternity leave sooner. :thumbup: June will be here before you know it!! :thumbup: I hope you can enjoy the down time and being with your baby!! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->