IVF Oct/Nov/Dec BFP Announcement & 9month term thread!

Just a quick update - Casper is in the NICU under ultraviolet lights to deal with a pesky case of infant jaundice, but all is good and he's in no danger. More details in my pregnancy journal, but no need for worry - the problem is being corrected!

Im glad everything is well with Casper.

That's wonderful to hear, Want! I think we're finally getting to the point where we believe this baby is going to be born. And now people are starting to stress me out about how much "work" he will be :)

Both of us are the youngest child and have never been around babies. But I'm just relying on the idea that I can always get help if it's really that difficult.

I agree with Whisper! I don't think it's as bad as people say because we have wanted this for soooo long. Like Whisper said it is a lot of work but most of the time it's fun because it's time spent with the one we love the most in this world, our son. DH is also the youngest in his family and neither of us had ever changed a diaper before Nicholas came into our lives. After 5wks we are approaching 500 diaper changes though, lol. So we are pros already.

Those little moments that are the reasons people say babies are a handful like when he pee-pees all over the wall or all over us are just funny to us. And when he cries it's one of three things. He's either hungry, needs a diaper change or just wants to be held. You just have to find a soother your little one is comfortable with to help you so you can get some sleep in between the cries.

I know you'll be fine. And we are here if you need any suggestions that may help you and your little one.

Chase - Glad Casper is doing ok, and hope we can see pics soon!

Michelle - Any updates?

That's wonderful to hear, Want! I think we're finally getting to the point where we believe this baby is going to be born. And now people are starting to stress me out about how much "work" he will be :)

Both of us are the youngest child and have never been around babies. But I'm just relying on the idea that I can always get help if it's really that difficult.
Up until Monday, I had never once changed a diaper and I was also the youngest child (plus there's only one of me) and people have been telling me how hard it will be from before Casper was even conceived. Not that there have not been challenges and not that there won't be many more, but it has been nowhere NEAR as hard as people made it out to be.

Thank you, everyone! Your comments make me feel much more confident in our ability to handle a newborn :baby:

Chase - I'm glad Casper's jaundice is getting better. Rose had jaundice when she was in the NICU and she had to be under lights for three days. I just hated that she had to wear those eye coverings that look like baby suntan goggles. Of course she didn't seem to mind it at all. Are you still going to get your baby photo shoot done? Please please share pics if you do!

Want - I hear you about funny baby mishaps. The first time Lili spit up all over me (and herself) I just burst out laughing. You just have to smile about these things.

Sandoval and Hold- haven't heard from you ladies lately. Hope you are doing ok.

AFM - The girls are doing awesome with their sleeping! It is definitely a pattern now. They have been sleeping for five straight hours at night before needing a feeding and last night slept for six hours! It has been so wonderful. I was prepared for it to take severral more months for them to do this well. FX this continues. :happydance:

Well, he's out and fine! And, yes, still going to get the baby photo shoot done, just had to push it back a week.

Whisper I'm so glad the girls are sleeping longer now. I can't wait to get there. We are still at 3 hours.

Chase I read your journal I love how they wheeled you out of the hospital! I thought that was very cute.

Want, Sandoval, hold and Michelle, I hope you are all doing well.

AFM, I've learned to feed two crying babies at the same time. Not sleeping much but all worth it. I have so much babies clothes I change the twins often do I can see them wear their clothes. I have a ped appt tomorrow I really think Dominic is close to being 9 lbs. he doesn't look 6 weeks he looks more like 3 months.

So I was way off on the weights! Dominic is 10 lb 11 oz and Natalie is 9 lb 4 oz. I didn't enjoy the injections they got. They told me their 2 month check up consist of more injections. Here is a pic of them.

https://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n171/lovelpadriana/image_zpsf8abab7a.jpg

Hi everyone!! Sorry to be MIA for so long. Dylan Philip was born on August 9 at 9:38am via c section, weighed 6 pounds 4 ounces, 18.5 inches and doing great. We got home Monday night and he needed to see the ped dr last night, weight is 5 12. They were worried about his weight cause at 39 weeks he was considered under weight and they had to run blood sugar tests on him. But he is doing good!! It is certainly an adjustment with a newborn and a toddler but we are working on a routine. He loves to sleep; usually anywhere from 3 to 5 hour spurts. I will post more later today and do personals; gonna get a few hours rest since both my boys are sleeping right now ;)

Congrats Michelle! I'm glad everything went well. I love the name Dylan. I hope you have a smooth recovery. I can't wait to see pics. Take care.

Michelle - yay so happy to hear you're doing well and that Dylan is a good sleeper :thumbup:

Chase - that's great Casper got to go home! Can't wait to see pics!

Whisper - sounds like you have some good sleepers on your hands!

Happy - aww they are too cute!! Thanks for sharing pics!

First - people keep saying that stuff to us as well. That we have no idea what we're getting ourselves into, our lives are over, we'll never sleep again blah, blah, blah. So it's nice to hear from everyone on here that it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

AFM - my week of bed rest worked and it's been a week since I've had any bleeding :). I'm still taking it easy this week just in case but it's nice to get out a little more.

Em I'm glad the bleeding stopped. How long are you on bed rest?

I'm off bed rest now but was told to take it easy. I was going to go back to work part time this week but decided to wait until after my 16 week ultrasound on Tuesday.

That's good, take it easy. You and your baby is what's important. Happy 15 weeks!

Happy 15 weeks Em! Glad the bed rest helped with your bleeding too.

Hope everyone else is doing good :)

Here are a couple pictures! Things are going well, just working on getting into a routine.

Attachments

• DSCN0347.jpg
    DSCN0347.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0358.jpg
    DSCN0358.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN0371.jpg
    DSCN0371.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 9
Thanks, everyone. It's been an adjustment to be home but I know it's for the most important reason :)

Michelle - oh those pictures are so precious!! I love how proud big brother looks :). Thanks for sharing!

Em - so glad you are feeling better! It is amazing what a little time off your feet can do!

Michelle - awwww! He looks so tiny! His little hands on the pacifier are adorable. And I love your two boys together. Precious.

Oh Michelle those are adorable! I love the big brother pic. I hope you are recovering well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->