IVF Oct/Nov/Dec BFP Announcement & 9month term thread!

Hold - hope you're getting some more rest and Kayleigh's reflux is getting better.

Happy - aw what a cute pic!!

Want - amazing video wow!! What a perfect way to document your journey.

JDH - congrats on maternity leave starting and your shower.

AFM - I had my 20 week ultrasound this week and everything is right on track with my little girl. I've started feeling her kicks nonstop this past week or so and it's such an amazing feeling. DH has felt them too :)

Yay for kicking, Em! I'm glad your pregnancy is going well :happydance:

Thanks Happy. DH worked really hard in making it and had some really good ideas for pictures. And I gave him a hard time throughout telling him to hurry up and such because of how uncomfortable I was with swollen feet and all. But it came out really good. Was very emotional for us the first time he showed it to me.

Want: you were not kidding with the tissues! I can't wait to have our little guy!

AFM, yes, I have been feeling quickening since about 13 weeks (I know you think I'm crazy) and my husband felt a kick for the first time on the morning of 18 weeks. Since then, baby has been a big kicker! Yesterday, he was the most active ever, kicking and flipping around all day and night. I put my hand on my belly and felt him turning his whole body around. It's funny because neither we nor the doctor could find the hb using a Doppler until 16 weeks, which is late. But the kicking started very early.

Anyway, it's exciting times :)

Not crazy at all! 12-13 weeks is around the time I started feeling those first few flutters too. It's so great to feel the bigger kicks and movements now though and it's so reassuring :). Definitely sounds like you've got a little soccer player in there.

Happy - what a great picture :)

Want - WOW!!! That video is soooo amazing!!

First - that is great for feeling kicks and not crazy it's early; it's such an awesome thing to feel ;)

Afm - Dylan is colicky so it's been hard. I just switched formula to soy so that seemed to help, but the sleepless nights are just killing me. I also got plantar fasciitis in my left foot which hurts like crazy!!

Gosh I have not posted for a while so I don't think I can even try to catch up on all personals. But I have to say I LOVE your video Want. So very lovely. It is neat to see you and your DH. And a very cute picture of Happy and her twins! I hope you pregnant ladies are doing well and hanging in there. It's so fun to start feeling movement!

AFM - I have just been so exhausted. Our girls were sleeping for a 5-6 hour stretch at night for a while, and for nearly two weeks now we have revereted back to 3-4 hours for some reason. Ugh. I am dying of sleep deprivation. We got the green light from the pediatrician today to start giving them rice cereal and puréed baby foods so I am hoping a cereal bottle before bed will help them sleep better. We are also starting reflux meds for both girls. Have any of you had luck with reflux meds? Seems like i remember some of your kids might be on them. Otherwise the twins are doing well and are very social and smiley now. It's really fun to interact with them.

@Want, that video is so beautiful!!! I love it!! It brought tears to my eyes!!! :cloud9:

AFM, I did a really long update about what is going on with the twins in my journal. My son is still in the NICU but I think he will hopefully be home some time next week if the hospital stops dragging their feet and does what is needed to be done to release him soon. I haven't been on much either because like many of you guys I have been super busy with my daughter and with visiting her brother in the NICU. Plus I have been working really hard to get my son released from the hospital. He is meeting all of the requirements to be released now, but they were dragging their feet and I had to get the social worker involved. I am so frustrated with the hospital. My son has been in the NICU for over 4 months now and I am emotionally and mentally drained. I can't wait until he is home for good and we can move forward. Here is a link to my journal and some pics in the spoiler of both babies.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...tc-twins-born-28-wks-dd-home-ds-nicu-196.html

When my son comes home I am going to have to monitor his blood sugars and give him medications because of his problems with low blood sugar although his sugars have been stable for over a week now, so I think he will be fine. I also have to take him an Endocrinologist at a childrens hospital in a city in the next state over to monitor his blood sugar problem. I have to get a special monitor and I have to go into the hospital to be shown by the nurses how to use the monitor properly.

This is me and the twins supporting our football team!!

https://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n171/lovelpadriana/image_zps57500ff5.jpg

You look great and the twins are adorable. :thumbup::winkwink: Thanks for sharing the pic!!

We have Steelers outfits for the twins but they won't fit into them just yet.:baby::baby: They should be able to wear them soon though. :thumbup: My DH is the real sports fan. I just go with the flow. LOL...

thanks ladies, DH really spent a lot of time on it to make feel just right.

Somebody gave me a home remedy for when the baby is teething. They told me to put an egg....yes an egg into one of the baby's sock and tape it over the doorway of the room he sleeps in. They said if we do this the aby won't ever have a fever because of the teething and won't feel pain eiter. Never heard of this before so wanted to run it by you ladies.

Whisper - Hope you can get back into a sleep routine soon.

Wanna - Sorry about having to check his blood sugar. hope he continues to improve and eventually won't need to keep checking

Gosh I have not posted for a while so I don't think I can even try to catch up on all personals. But I have to say I LOVE your video Want. So very lovely. It is neat to see you and your DH. And a very cute picture of Happy and her twins! I hope you pregnant ladies are doing well and hanging in there. It's so fun to start feeling movement!

AFM - I have just been so exhausted. Our girls were sleeping for a 5-6 hour stretch at night for a while, and for nearly two weeks now we have revereted back to 3-4 hours for some reason. Ugh. I am dying of sleep deprivation. We got the green light from the pediatrician today to start giving them rice cereal and puréed baby foods so I am hoping a cereal bottle before bed will help them sleep better. We are also starting reflux meds for both girls. Have any of you had luck with reflux meds? Seems like i remember some of your kids might be on them. Otherwise the twins are doing well and are very social and smiley now. It's really fun to interact with them.
Whisper my kids are on acid reflux medication, Zantac. Dominic had an X-ray done yesterday to see how bad it was and it's not that bad I have to keep him on the medication. Ever since he's been on it he has gotten a lot better. He doesn't wake up screaming like he used to. Mine are sleeping 4-5 hours straight but as soon as midnight comes they wake up every 2 hours not necessarily to eat sometimes they just want to be rocked to sleep. So I know how you must feel being so sleep deprived. I can't wait to add cereal and purée to their bottles.

This is me and the twins supporting our football team!!

https://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n171/lovelpadriana/image_zps57500ff5.jpg

You look great and the twins are adorable. :thumbup::winkwink: Thanks for sharing the pic!!

We have Steelers outfits for the twins but they won't fit into them just yet.:baby::baby: They should be able to wear them soon though. :thumbup: My DH is the real sports fan. I just go with the flow. LOL...
Wanna I'm so glad Elijah is going home soon. I'm sorry about the sugar levels but I'm glad he's going home. I saw the pics they are so adorable! Once they got into their steelers outfits you have to post a pic.

35 weeks ladies!! So exciting! Not long till we know what colour yellow bump will become!

I am struggling with hip and pelvic pain at the mo, so sleeping isn't really happening. I hate complaining about such a wonderful thing, but I am ready now to meet baby. 38+ weeks sounds good to me, please not 40+ lol xx

Glad everyone is well and their babies are as perfect as ever xx

Happy 35 weeks JDH! Don't feel bad for complaining! I can't wait to see what your yellow bump is! Do you have everything ready? Maybe your baby will make an early appearance.

Wanna - Hope you are hanging in there and at Elijah is at home by now.

Want - I've heard that it is really helpful to give baby something cold to gum on during tething, like a frozen banana or carrot. I'm not really looking forward to the teething process. :wacko:

Happy - I was happy to hear your LO has been on Zantac. We just put our girls on it and it is a miracle worker for us! Sounds like you are still having a tough time if your kids are still waking up every two hours after midnight. That is so hard....I've been there. FX they start sleeping more during the night. :hugs:

JDH - WOW! I am so excited for you! Any time now! Your story is so inspiring. You've earned the right to complain. Pregnancy is wonderful, but no one ever said its easy. :hugs:

AFM - I have fabulous news....here it comes.....Rose slept through the night last night!!!! From about 10 pm until 8 am! Lili only woke up once. It is a miracle! I think putting the girls on reflux meds and starting rice cereal has been the key. Every night before bed they get a bottle that is a mix of formula, rice cereal, and fruit purée. FX this isn't just a fluke and that we can eventually start getting some sleep on a consistent basis. :happydance:

JDH - congrats on being 35 weeks!!

Whisper - fantastic news! sleep is always good :). I love your new profile pic! Your girls are so cute!

Whisper- what reflux medicine are the twins on? And how much rice cereal are you adding?

My baby girl is on Zantac but it's not working and she hates the taste of it so dr is switching her to something new that's flavored. She spits up a ton! Like crazy crazy amount I have no idea how she is still gaining weight... She weighs over 10lbs at 2 months old!! :haha:

Hold - They are on Zantac. I usually give it to them about 15 minutes before their bedtime feeding. I have been adding two to three tablespoons of cereal to 4 ounces of formula. The pediatrician said to wait till they were four months, so we just started. But my sister gave my nieces cereal at like two weeks old. Lol. They are ages 12 to 20 now and have never had any issues from eating solids early. :shrug:

Hold - They are on Zantac. I usually give it to them about 15 minutes before their bedtime feeding. I have been adding two to three tablespoons of cereal to 4 ounces of formula. The pediatrician said to wait till they were four months, so we just started. But my sister gave my nieces cereal at like two weeks old. Lol. They are ages 12 to 20 now and have never had any issues from eating solids early. :shrug:

Yea she is on Zantac 3x a day 1ml. It's so hard to get it down her. She just absolutely hates the taste.

Rice cereal is also prescribed for acid reflux. I have tried it a couple times. I pump and add 1tsp to 2oz of breastmilk. Just that small amount does wonders for her!!! But I feel scared giving it to her sometimes.

Question for anyone who has had preterm labor. I'm at 23w5d and I feel great. But of course I still worry.

Did you feel great before your preterm labor? What were your first signs that something was changing? How long was it between those earliest signs and when you knew something might be wrong or that labor was starting?

I just want to be prepared for all possibilities. Thank you!

Hey First - I delivered at 33+1 because of preeclampsia. I got super swollen and felt like crap for about three weeks before I was diagnosed. After a blood test indicated my liver enzymes were elevated, I had to deliver immediately. So yeah, I did feel terrible for a while before that. You are all most to V-day so that is awesome! An acquaintance of my DH delivered at 21 weeks and baby survived. Medical technology is amazing nowadays.

Hey First - I delivered at 33+1 because of preeclampsia. I got super swollen and felt like crap for about three weeks before I was diagnosed. After a blood test indicated my liver enzymes were elevated, I had to deliver immediately. So yeah, I did feel terrible for a while before that. You are all most to V-day so that is awesome! An acquaintance of my DH delivered at 21 weeks and baby survived. Medical technology is amazing nowadays.

Thank you, Whisper. What is V-day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->