Ivf oct/nov/dec

Great progression Mobaby!

JDH - Good luck tomorrow ;)

I am back home and so sore. When I woke up I had the hiccups and had a barf cup In front of me :wacko: I never had that happen before, but doing ok now, just hurting. Well I got a dozen eggs! I think I was expecting more, but this is more then I got before.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesnt it make you feel like a chicken, LOl :) Everytime I was going in I was like, well, gotta get my basket! CONGRATS! Rest up and eat some turkey (or ham)!!!!!

I am back home and so sore. When I woke up I had the hiccups and had a barf cup In front of me :wacko: I never had that happen before, but doing ok now, just hurting. Well I got a dozen eggs! I think I was expecting more, but this is more then I got before.

Thanks michelle -
Excellent news on the eggs. 12 is a fab number hun :happydance:
Here's to lots fertilizing :thumbup:

(I wll do personals shortly):winkwink:

Hi ladies,

I got my fertilization report. :thumbup:

Okay, so the DR's office just called and out of the 20 eggs they retrived:

• 9 eggs were mature
  • 9 are now fertilized embryos

My embryo transfer will be Monday morning at 7:45 am, so we will be doing a 5 day transfer!!! :thumbup:

DH & me were originally wanting to put in 3 embryos, but the DR will talk to us about the quality of the embryos on Monday, and if they are all of high quality than we might just put 2 back, but if only one is of high quality and the other 2 aren't as good than we will most likely put back 3 embryos. We really want twins, but 3 babies seems a little overwhelming in a way. We could handle 3 babies but I would prefer 2. I wanted to put back 3 embryos to improve our odds of pregnancy if the quality wasn't so good. Hmm.. I guess we will see how things are looking on Monday to help make the final decision. :shrug:

I hope we have some left to freeze on Monday, I am assuming that the embryos must look really good if they are letting them all go to day 5 and that there should be a good amount left to freeze based on that? Time will tell I suppose. :thumbup:

Do you girls know if they can tell how good the eggs look this soon after fertilization? Would they let all 9 go to day 5 if they didn't think they would make it to day 5? I really hope that we can keep the rest to freeze for FET cycles if our fresh cycle isn't a success. I might have to give my DR's office a call and find out the answer to my question. I would hate to loose some if they could of been frozen on day 3 instead of loosing some waiting for day 5, if that makes any sense???:shrug:

Congrats on 9!!
They cant tell just yet how good the embryos will be. Day 3 gives a good idea; day 5 the clearest idea. On average, 1/3 to 1/2 of embryos will make it to blasts stage.
Freezing depends on the clinics policy. My clinic only freezes day 5/6 blasts because they have the best chances for pregnancy and for surviving the thaw. BUT I have seen many with day 3 frosties transferred. So it really depends on what your clinic will do and what they look like. Will keep everything crossed for you!! having frosties is the best outcome but just remember if you dont get any doesnt mean anything. :) GL!!!

Congrats on 9!!
They cant tell just yet how good the embryos will be. Day 3 gives a good idea; day 5 the clearest idea. On average, 1/3 to 1/2 of embryos will make it to blasts stage.
Freezing depends on the clinics policy. My clinic only freezes day 5/6 blasts because they have the best chances for pregnancy and for surviving the thaw. BUT I have seen many with day 3 frosties transferred. So it really depends on what your clinic will do and what they look like. Will keep everything crossed for you!! having frosties is the best outcome but just remember if you dont get any doesnt mean anything. :) GL!!!

Thanks for the info.!! That is very helpful!! It looks like I will need to give my DR's office a call tomorrow and ask what they will do and when they will freeze depending on the quality. :thumbup:

A dozen eggs is wonderful hun!!! :happydance::happydance: Congrats!!! I hope you get lots of healthy embryos!! :thumbup: Good luck!! :dust::dust:

I hope you feel better soon!! :hugs::hugs:

well ladies, I am just off the phone with the emryologist and as we were doing ICSI they would only inject mature eggs. sooo of the 14 eggs collected 13 of them were mature and injected yesterday:happydance: and of the 13 injected 11 have fertilised!!!!:happydance::happydance:

They are going to keep 7 out to chose from for transfer and the remaining 4 are going to be frozen:happydance:

I cant believe it we couldnt have wished for better results i just hope and pray that we get our little forever baby this time around and the little snow babies will be future siblings:hugs:

I will be having transfer at 2.30 tomorrow afternoon and they have said it looks like they will more than likely put 2 back:happydance:

That is awesome news hun!!! :happydance: I am so happy for you!!! Good luck with your ET!! I hope you get your BFP!!! :dust::dust::dust:

Excellent news tcmc!! Yay!!! Congrats!!!

Progression pics! Do you all think it looks okay????
https://i.imgur.com/ZtArql.jpg and just pm sticks and today's fmu

https://i.imgur.com/fbDAHl.jpg

Stick baby stick!

Michelle!!! Can't wait to hear your update!!

Your lines definatly look darker and are looking really great!!! :thumbup: I think this is for sure your sticky baby!!! Good luck!! H&H 9 months to you!!! :dust::dust:

Excellent news tcmc!! Yay!!! Congrats!!!

Progression pics! Do you all think it looks okay????
https://i.imgur.com/ZtArql.jpg and just pm sticks and today's fmu

https://i.imgur.com/fbDAHl.jpg

Stick baby stick!

Michelle!!! Can't wait to hear your update!!

Great progression!! I vote for going for your beta earlier even though that would be nice for your brother's birthday. It would put your mind at ease :hugs:

Way to go!! That is a great number!! :happydance: Hope you can get some rest today.

Mo - Looks fabulous! Those last lines look nice and dark!

tcmc - Great fertilization report! GL on your ET which is coming right up!

Wanna - Another great fert report! I am with Mo on this one - my clinic only freezes day 5/6 blasts, but again, depends on the clinic. I think the idea is that your body is the best incubator. If they don't make it to day five outside of you, then they are not likely to defrost well and become good embies. But I don't know...that is just what I was told....

Michelle - Woot for more eggs than ever! FX'd for great fertilization!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope it is a great holiday for all of you. We have been so thankful for the resources and medical technology that have allowed us to experience something we never would have had otherwise! I'm off to make pies!

(I wll do personals shortly):winkwink:

Hi ladies,

I got my fertilization report. :thumbup:

Okay, so the DR's office just called and out of the 20 eggs they retrived:

• 9 eggs were mature
  • 9 are now fertilized embryos

My embryo transfer will be Monday morning at 7:45 am, so we will be doing a 5 day transfer!!! :thumbup:

DH & me were originally wanting to put in 3 embryos, but the DR will talk to us about the quality of the embryos on Monday, and if they are all of high quality than we might just put 2 back, but if only one is of high quality and the other 2 aren't as good than we will most likely put back 3 embryos. We really want twins, but 3 babies seems a little overwhelming in a way. We could handle 3 babies but I would prefer 2. I wanted to put back 3 embryos to improve our odds of pregnancy if the quality wasn't so good. Hmm.. I guess we will see how things are looking on Monday to help make the final decision. :shrug:

I hope we have some left to freeze on Monday, I am assuming that the embryos must look really good if they are letting them all go to day 5 and that there should be a good amount left to freeze based on that? Time will tell I suppose. :thumbup:

Do you girls know if they can tell how good the eggs look this soon after fertilization? Would they let all 9 go to day 5 if they didn't think they would make it to day 5? I really hope that we can keep the rest to freeze for FET cycles if our fresh cycle isn't a success. I might have to give my DR's office a call and find out the answer to my question. I would hate to loose some if they could of been frozen on day 3 instead of loosing some waiting for day 5, if that makes any sense???:shrug:

Great fert report!! My clinic will only let them go to day 5 if you have over a certain number, I think it's 5 embryos. I just spoke with my RE two days ago about day 3 versus day 5 freezing because we were going over the outcome of my last retrieval and planning for this next one. Like you I was wondering if we should have just frozen all 5 of our embryos on day 3 instead of pushing them to blast. He said day 5 embryos have the highest chance of surviving the thaw and highest live birth rates so that's why they always push for day 5. One of my embryos was actually frozen on day 6 because it was a little slower getting to blast stage. Each clinic is different though so you should call and talk to them to see what their cutoff is for pushing to day 5. Fx for you!!

@Whisper, thanks for the advice and info.!!! :thumbup: I will be sure to ask my clinic what their policy i regarding this so I can find out for sure!! :thumbup:

Quick Question... Do you girls know if the DR's office is able to tell on day 2 that the embryos look good enough to make it to day 5 already? I am assuming that yes, they are able to because they have decided to let all 9 of mine go to day 5 for monday's ET. I suppose if they didn't think they were going to make it to day 5 than they would of course have brought me in on Saturday to do a day 3 transfer?? Do you girls know??:shrug:

yes if they are all still going strong, they will take them to day 5. :) IF any indication that they are not doing well they will call you on day 3 and bring you in. I think its great they are letting you go to day 5! Thats a great thing!

@Whisper, thanks for the advice and info.!!! :thumbup: I will be sure to ask my clinic what their policy i regarding this so I can find out for sure!! :thumbup:

Quick Question... Do you girls know if the DR's office is able to tell on day 2 that the embryos look good enough to make it to day 5 already? I am assuming that yes, they are able to because they have decided to let all 9 of mine go to day 5 for monday's ET. I suppose if they didn't think they were going to make it to day 5 than they would of course have brought me in on Saturday to do a day 3 transfer?? Do you girls know??:shrug:

My clinic decides on day 3 whether or not they can go to day 5. I think you get a call in the morning whether to come in that day for transfer or wait two more days. :hugs: For me this part is the hardest of the whole process just waiting for them to call. But like Mo said it's a great sign they are confident enough already that you're going to day 5!

So I had my baseline ultrasound this morning. Still waiting to hear back about my blood work but it looks like I might not be able to start this cycle. I have four new cysts on my ovary. The RE that scanned me said she will call my RE and he'll make the final decision. She said my ovary might not respond to the stims with these new cysts. They usually make you wait until they resolve but I don't have that option. I've been postponing my surgery for the two cysts I have that are suspicious for malignancy and I just know my Oncologist won't let me wait another another month to have surgery. I'm trying not to get too down about this because we do have our frosties from last cycle but it's still a bummer :(

I think the way my clinic works is if you have a certain number doing well on day 2 (at least 6, I think), then they do a day 5 transfer. This lets them be able to tell what the strongest embryos are. Their literature says that growing the embies in the lab for two more days does not make them stronger. The only purpose is to be able to choose the best.

In other words, if you have 6 good ones on day 2, they can't tell which ones will be the best. But if you only have 1 or 2 on day 2, well, those are the best!

I hope that helps.

Also, my clinic will only freeze day 5 or 6 blasts too.

So I had my baseline ultrasound this morning. Still waiting to hear back about my blood work but it looks like I might not be able to start this cycle. I have four new cysts on my ovary. The RE that scanned me said she will call my RE and he'll make the final decision. She said my ovary might not respond to the stims with these new cysts. They usually make you wait until they resolve but I don't have that option. I've been postponing my surgery for the two cysts I have that are suspicious for malignancy and I just know my Oncologist won't let me wait another another month to have surgery. I'm trying not to get too down about this because we do have our frosties from last cycle but it's still a bummer :(

I'm so sorry to hear that, Em. I wish you the best on both the baby front and the health front. :hugs:

em: I'm sorry :( Maybe they can put you on BCP for a week or so longer to see if they will shrink on their own????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->