Ivf oct/nov/dec

Ali: that's a lot of shots, but it sounds like you're brewing a lot of nice eggies!!!

Thanks, I hope so!! The shots don't bother me too much, the lupron makes me have almost constant headaches. That bothers me! I just hope they start to grow, and that I have plenty of nice eggies in the follicles :thumbup:

How are you feeling? When is your next BETA?

Back from the Dr's.. had my day 5 U/S and bloodwork and acupuncture.

My lining looks great, it's a triple lining and is 6.6mm, but my follicles were a little disappointing. I have 6 on each side and they were measuring between 5-9mm, there were plenty of little ones too, but they weren't growing yet. So he said to take 1 more vial of bravelle for the next 3 days so now I'm taking 4 bravelle and 4 menopur and 1cc of lupron! 3 separate injections, :argh: Last cycle my follicles went nuts around day 6-7 of stims and I suddenly went from 12 follicles to 20 or something like that. So the Dr thinks I'm just a turtle and we'll have to wait for a few more days to see them catch up. Slow and steady wins the race right? :haha:

Happy news everyone.. I gotta get to work!! I'll catch up with you ladies later tonight! :hugs:

I think the12 so far that are larger are a really great number so far!!! And since you have alot more smaller ones and are stepping up the medication dosage I am sure you are going to get to ER with even more!!! Fingers crossed for you and lots of good luck being sent your way!!! :dust::dust::dust:

I remember at my last ultrasound before the ER they counted 14 follicles, but than the DR surprised me when he got 20 eggs, so most of the time you end up with more than what they can even see on the ultrasound screen!!! :winkwink::thumbup:

My lining looks great, it's a triple lining and is 6.6mm, but my follicles were a little disappointing. I have 6 on each side and they were measuring between 5-9mm, there were plenty of little ones too, but they weren't growing yet. So he said to take 1 more vial of bravelle for the next 3 days so now I'm taking 4 bravelle and 4 menopur and 1cc of lupron! 3 separate injections, :argh: Last cycle my follicles went nuts around day 6-7 of stims and I suddenly went from 12 follicles to 20 or something like that. So the Dr thinks I'm just a turtle and we'll have to wait for a few more days to see them catch up. Slow and steady wins the race right? :haha:

Happy news everyone.. I gotta get to work!! I'll catch up with you ladies later tonight! :hugs:

I think the12 so far that are larger are a really great number so far!!! And since you have alot more smaller ones and are stepping up the medication dosage I am sure you are going to get to ER with even more!!! Fingers crossed for you and lots of good luck being sent your way!!! :dust::dust::dust:

I remember at my last ultrasound before the ER they counted 14 follicles, but than the DR surprised me when he got 20 eggs, so most of the time you end up with more than what they can even see on the ultrasound screen!!! :winkwink::thumbup:

Yep, last time I had over 30 follicles at ER, but sadly only 15 eggs. I wonder if part of that was because I woke up in the middle of the procedure and maybe we lost some eggs. I guess I will never know. So we are hoping this time to get 30 follicles but have more eggs in them. We'll see what Monday brings!

Quick update as I'm on my phone, but we are good to start meds tonight! In other awesome news, the office donated a 900 iu vial of Follistim!

I hope you feel better soon!!!:hugs::hugs: That is awesome that you were able to get some free meds!! Every little bit helps with how expensive this entire process is!! :thumbup:I was lucky enough to qualify for a program that got me free gonal F and that was a significant savings and a blessing because it is tuff affording all of this fertility stuff!!!:wacko:

Mells - Here's hoping that discharge means implantation bleeding! But if AF does come, does that mean you will move on to your IVF cycle ASAP?

First - Wow! that is awesome that your beta keeps going up! FX there is a little bean in there for you! :happydance:

I should be able to start relatively soon after this. I was on track for IVF and only changed to IUI because me E2 dropped right before retrieval. Doc didn't think that was a good compiled with my age, and that I was a slow responder. We specifically asked if we did IUI and it wasn't successful would it delay an IVF and he said no. This time he wants to do a different protocol, and he mentioned Lupron. Once AF shows Ill call and see when we can start.

Maybe we can start a Dec-Jan IVF thread????

It sounds like once your AF arrives than you will be doing the long protocol with lupron and it starts on CD21 and than when you get your next AF you do the baseline ultrasound and stims starts shortly after that. :thumbup:

I hope that for your IVF cycle your E2 levels stay high. Good luck to you!! :dust::dust:

I think it would be nice if you stayed on this thread with us ladies even though your IVF cycle may be in January. I am sure all of us ladies want to cheer you on and know how everything goes. :hugs::hugs:

Just got back from my ultrasound. Everything is looking really good!! I love the RE that scanned me today. She is so sweet and patient and went through follicle by follicle with me. The good news is that two of the four residual cysts that I had from last cycle are gone yay!! I have about 7 follicles that are larger and a bunch of smaller ones that will hopefully catch up. She said I will need a couple more days of stims. So now I'm feeling really good about this cycle :happydance:

:happydance: yay cysts are gone! Hopefully the other will catch up. Drink tons of water. I did and I went from 17 to 25!

Ali that is great! Hopefully the little ones will catch up! Have a great day at work! I can't wait to start the weekend.

Ali that is great! Hopefully the little ones will catch up! Have a great day at work! I can't wait to start the weekend.

Me too!

Just got back from my ultrasound. Everything is looking really good!! I love the RE that scanned me today. She is so sweet and patient and went through follicle by follicle with me. The good news is that two of the four residual cysts that I had from last cycle are gone yay!! I have about 7 follicles that are larger and a bunch of smaller ones that will hopefully catch up. She said I will need a couple more days of stims. So now I'm feeling really good about this cycle :happydance:

:happydance: yay cysts are gone! Hopefully the other will catch up. Drink tons of water. I did and I went from 17 to 25!

Ohh.. what day of stims are you on Em? Sounds like we are around the same time? I just started my 5th day of stims. Maybe we will be cycle buddies?

Thanks for all the support today girls!!! :hugs:

Nurse said everything looks great with my blood work:happydance: FS for sure want's to see me on Sunday, and sooner if I feel too much pain.

I was so relieved that everything was good that I forgot to ask for the number :dohh: Will call back tomorrow and find out what it was! I don't even know what is considered "normal" for estrogen on day 3 of stimming.. So I wouldn't really know what the number meant! But I am sure one of you girls could help me out and explain :thumbup:

That is awesome news hun!! I am so happy that everything is going great for you so far!! Good luck!! :dust::dust::dust:

My estraidol levels were as follows during stims:

Before Stims started : 25
After about 3 days of stims: 685
After 7 days of stims: 1888
After 9 Days of Stims (my last day of stims): 5303

There wasn't any concern for me until my last blood work on day 9 of stims. I didn't have to take any meds for OHSS though and i was bloated and cramping but it was manageable though. Extra strength tyelonl was enough to keep thecramps at bay and that was the case on the day of ER as well. I ate alot of protein and drank alot of water and gatorade during my stims and i am sure it helped prevent OHSS. :thumbup: I did get stuck with 10 days of Lovenox injections though because of my high estrogen to prevent blood clots and those injections burn, and leave bruises. They suck big time. They are a blood thinner. :dohh:

alicatt, I'm rooting for you to have a whole grocery store full of eggs. :)
I just got an email from my IVF coordinator and they have my surrogate scheduled for there pregnancy test a week from today. I think I can hold out that long - this weekend would be too early for a HPT in any circumstance and that's when I'm most likely to be obsessing over it. During the week, I'll be able to find myself enough distractions to not go crazy.
Me being a history buff, I couldn't help but immediately note that it's going to be on Pearl Harbor Day, but as I'm neither American nor Japanese, I'm not reading anything into it one way or the other. I could spin it any way I wanted - a successful surprise attack on my surrogate's womb? Awakening a sleeping giant? Either way, December 12th was my mother's birthday. She died when I was a teenager, but the wonderful childhood she and my father gave me is probably the biggest part of why I want to have children of my own, so I'm hoping that on her birthday, I'll be able to celebrate her memory with the expectation that I've got a little one on the way.
I still won't be able to relax for a couple of months at least - having been through three very early miscarriages, I've had my heart broken too many times to take anything for granted until things are well along.

alicatt, I'm rooting for you to have a whole grocery store full of eggs. :)
I just got an email from my IVF coordinator and they have my surrogate scheduled for there pregnancy test a week from today. I think I can hold out that long - this weekend would be too early for a HPT in any circumstance and that's when I'm most likely to be obsessing over it. During the week, I'll be able to find myself enough distractions to not go crazy.
Me being a history buff, I couldn't help but immediately note that it's going to be on Pearl Harbor Day, but as I'm neither American nor Japanese, I'm not reading anything into it one way or the other. I could spin it any way I wanted - a successful surprise attack on my surrogate's womb? Awakening a sleeping giant? Either way, December 12th was my mother's birthday. She died when I was a teenager, but the wonderful childhood she and my father gave me is probably the biggest part of why I want to have children of my own, so I'm hoping that on her birthday, I'll be able to celebrate her memory with the expectation that I've got a little one on the way.
I still won't be able to relax for a couple of months at least - having been through three very early miscarriages, I've had my heart broken too many times to take anything for granted until things are well along.

December 7th is right around when I should be having my ER, if my body responds as well as they want. Last time it took an additional 5 days to get my follicles to grow. That was annoying. I'm neither American nor Japanese either, so we have that in common as well. HMM.. have you given any thought about where the baby will be born? I have been thinking a little about that and have been trying to decide whether I should have the baby here in the states or head back to Canada for the birth. I guess I have the cart before the horse! Thanks for the encouragement!!!

@chase, Good luck!! I hope you get a BFP!!! :dust::dust::dust:

One week from today isn't too long and will be here before you know it!! :thumbup: Just try to keep yourself busy doing the things you enjoy and it will be a good distraction and being busy helps time go by faster as well I think.

I am sorry about the loss of your mother. :hugs::hugs:

Ohh.. what day of stims are you on Em? Sounds like we are around the same time? I just started my 5th day of stims. Maybe we will be cycle buddies?

Hey Ali, I'm on day 9 so a little ahead of you but it sounds like I might be stimming for a couple of extra days. My ER should be either Monday or Tuesday. Great news about your ultrasound today! 12 follicles this early is a great thing and hopefully your other little ones will catch up! Do you have an estimated ER date?

Quick update as I'm on my phone, but we are good to start meds tonight! In other awesome news, the office donated a 900 iu vial of Follistim!

Yay for starting! That is so amazing they donated the meds! That is a great way to start your cycle :thumbup:

Ali- Thats awesome you have growing ones!!

Em- Thats exciting that the cysts are gone!!

Lucie- Thats great!! I am actually going to donate 2 boxes of 900 units of follistim to my docs. I think its great some people get stuff donated to them, I wish I could have.

Happy- How are you doing?

Wanna- looks promising!

Mich- how are you feeling after ET? When you testing?

Chase- Hope all works out well

Whisper, want hope you are doing great!

anyone else I missed im sorry it moves soooo fast and have been busy working

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back