Ivf oct/nov/dec

I just got back from my ultrasound. I'm at the stage now where I go every day but I don't mind. I like seeing what's going on in there :). My arms are getting a little sore from all of the blood draws though. It looks like I'm going to stim one more day and have ER on Tuesday. I still have around 7 larger follicles and there 2-3 others that are close behind. Hope I get the same amount of eggs or more as last time fx!!

Good luck Em!!!:flower: You have a good number of follicles so far and I bet a couple more will catch up as well!!!:thumbup: You also often end up with more eggs in the ER than the number of follicles that they can see on the ultrasound screen. :dust::dust:

I remember when I was doing the blood draws and ultrasounds every other day my lady parts were soar from the vaginal ultrasound, they leave it in there and twist it around, rub it on your uterus and after a while that hurts. Ugghhh... :wacko: But of course it is all worth it in the end!!! :winkwink:

I just got back from my ultrasound. I'm at the stage now where I go every day but I don't mind. I like seeing what's going on in there :). My arms are getting a little sore from all of the blood draws though. It looks like I'm going to stim one more day and have ER on Tuesday. I still have around 7 larger follicles and there 2-3 others that are close behind. Hope I get the same amount of eggs or more as last time fx!!

Good luck Em!!!:flower: You have a good number of follicles so far and I bet a couple more will catch up as well!!!:thumbup: You also often end up with more eggs in the ER than the number of follicles that they can see on the ultrasound screen. :dust::dust:

I remember when I was doing the blood draws and ultrasounds every other day my lady parts were soar from the vaginal ultrasound, they leave it in there and twist it around, rub it on your uterus and after a while that hurts. Ugghhh... :wacko: But of course it is all worth it in the end!!! :winkwink:

Thanks, Wanna! I'm hoping a few more pop up. Omg yes I am definitely getting sore from all the poking and prodding. I think the gel they use on the ultrasound wand is irritating me too. Not fun but yes, definitely worth it!

I am sooo excited for you!!! I can't wait to find out how many little ones you are having! Triplets would be pretty amazing and of course twins or a singleton incredible too :happydance:

Wanna- Awesome news! Can't wait till your beta!

Em- Yea for things going well! Fingers crossed a few more pop up for you!

We did the first shot last night. Wasn't too bad, although since we used double the menopur it burned more. We weren't able to let it sit too long because my dad was waiting for us in the other room so we had to be quick. Then we realized that the two boxes of Menopur the Dr.'s office donated to us didn't have the Q-caps needed to mix it. I called the on-call number today and the IVF coordinator called me right back. She apologized profusely and said it was her mistake. She offered to drive some out to us, but since we're going into town anyway, we'll meet her somewhere and she will drop some off to us. So another crisis averted. :)

Anyone have any fun weekend plans? Dh and I are doing a bit of shopping today. There was a woman who dh teaches with that we are going to buy a gift for. Two years ago my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lung and throat cancer and for about 3 months either myself, dh, or both of us were constantly flying back and forth from Fl to Mi to be with him. This lady gave us a very nice check for a good amount of money completely out of the blue. Well unfortunately she's just been diagnosed with cancer herself. Dh and I are going to find a nice gift for her.

Hope everyone else is well.

Wanna :happydance: I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to find out how many are in there!

Em I know what you mean about needles and visiting the dr often. I hope you get a good amounts of eggies.

Lucie I'm glad the shots are going well. It's so nice the coordinator was able to help you out. I'm sorry to hear about your friend it's never easy finding out about cancer, but is also great that you and your DH are so thoughtful.

Wow! This thread is amazing. It moves so fast. I love it. I had a good day of getting my hair done and visiting a friend who just had her baby. He is precious and I was relieved to only feel happy for her, no jealousy. This ttc thing has been tough over the last couple years as I watch people who weren't even trying, pop up pregnant. It's been hard at times to not feel pangs of jealousy and frustration. I feel great now, though! We've figured out what we need to do and are doing it! It's amazing how much better I feel and I can't wait to get that BFP.

I can't keep up with everything that was posted today, but I do want to say:

Yay, Em!!!!! :happydance: I'm so happy to hear that some of your cysts have disappeared. You give me so much hope!

AFM: My cyst is still sticking around so far, but maybe it will hit the road soon. I have a blood test before starting stims on Mon, but no u/s until Thurs. Didn't most of you have an u/s immediately before starting stims? I feel like a week is a long wait between the baseline u/s and starting stims...and then I wait two days before going back. Who knows? I'm going in tomorrow to pick up meds and learn how to mix the Menopur. I never thought that would be exciting, but it is!

Lotus - I know how you feel. Over the past two years as we have been TTC, every possible person in both of our families who could possibly be pregant has been (like eight different couples!). People kept saying stuff to us like, "You guys really need to start settling down." It has been so super tough. I eventually realized that I wasn't actually jealous, I was just really sad. I think those feelings do get better with time, just like you're noticing. I also felt better once I actually got to do something about it. You will be on :cloud9: when you get your own little bean!!! GL with your stims! FYI - I had my first u/s immediately prior to starting stims. I went in and my RE told me to start that same day.

Chase - That is an awesome pic! It is definitely hatching. I had a three day transfer so the embryos in my pic are just eight and ten cells. It is really cool to see a super cool blast like yours!

Sweet - Awesome beta! GL with your u/s on the 13th. I think I will be having another u/s when I go in to my regular OB on the 12th. Guess we'll see!

Wanna - GRATS on your BFP! Can't wait to see your beta!!!:happydance:

Em - GL with upcoming ER! Lets get some more frosties!!!!

Lucie - GL with starting your stims! I hope you find something nice for your friend.

Happy - Just a few more days till your u/s!!! WOOT!

AFM - I am just hanging out waiting for my first OB appointment. I am dying to see if both twins are still sticking around. I have had TONS of heartburn. I think the only thing I can eat is carrot sticks. Not that I am complaining - heartburn helps me feel like they must still be growing in there! I've had a few other symptoms like bloating and nausea, but it hasn't been as uncomfortable as I thought. DH did make me throw up the other night when I was brushing my teeth and he started talking about something gross. Good thing I was standing right over the sink! lol

Congrats, Wanna!!! :happydance: I can't wait to see how many you have! I nannied for triplets several years ago and it was AMAZING to watch them grow together.

em- thats exciting your ER is getting closer!!! And yes the things we go through to get preg :)

Wanna- Thats exciting!!! When is your beta?? I bet your soooo ready for it

lucie- glad you are taking the shots already! time flys at this point (except tww:)) Also I do a majority of my shopping like 3 days before Christmas. I just dread it

Happy- I bet your excited for your US!!

Whisper- oooo no fun on the heartburn!! ( I have never it before so not sure what its like to have it but sure it sucks) And exciting on your OB appt!

Chase- hope all is well

tcmc- hey girl how are you doing??

Mich- hope you are feeling better

First- good luck on your beta today!

Lotus- watching triplets I bet was hard at times!

Oh, Em! I'm sorry. I can imagine that would be a very frustrating dinner. People are clueless. You will be strolling through Central Park with your little one before you know it and it will be GLORIOUS! :winkwink:

Thanks for all of the congrats guys!!! :flower: You guys are the best friends a gal could have and are so sweet!!! :hugs::hugs: I am in total shock right now still. I am so curious about how many embryo are implanted and growing in there. I imagine if my betas are through the roof than I would guess there is multiples. The suspense is going to be killing me though until my betas. :wacko:

@Lucie, I am glad your shots went well and that you were able to get some Q-caps right away!! :thumbup: I am so sorry about your Dad having cancer and your friend as well. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers. Big hugs to you hun!! :hugs::hugs:

@Whisper, good luck for your next OB appointment. I hope that both babies are growing nice and strong!!! :hugs: Sorry about the heart burn. Are you allowed to take anything for the heart burn when prego?

@Sweetness, my beta is Monday morning at 9:30 am and I should have the results hopefully by Monday afternoon because my DR's office put a rush on the request.

Hey everyone, quick question.....

Does anyone know of a good legit charity that helps with the costs of infertility meds or treatments? Some family members are looking for a place to donate for Christmas. I think donating to infertility is the way to go! Any advice is appreciated.

@Whisper, Here is a link to the company that provided me with my free Gonal F meds. On their website they list a bunch of infertility websites/resources. I don't know much about the sites they list but if you do some research than I think you might find one that would be good to make a donation to. They list some nonprofit groups on there. :thumbup:

https://www.fertilitylifelines.com/resources/index.jsp

So, my beta today came back at 236. That's not good. I go in Monday for an u/s to see whether it's ectopic. Either way, it looks like this baby is not going to make it. We will try again as soon as we are allowed to.

So, my beta today came back at 236. That's not good. I go in Monday for an u/s to see whether it's ectopic. Either way, it looks like this baby is not going to make it. We will try again as soon as we are allowed to.

Hi First. I am sorry your beta wasn't higher,:hugs: but based on you being 5 weeks you are still in the normal range for your HCG levels. There is still hope that your pregnancy could be alright. I got my fingers crossed for you and I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that your levels keep rising. Big hugs to you!! :hugs::hugs:

When is your next Beta?

Here is a link to HCG levels in early pregnancy.

https://www.justmommies.com/pregnancy/concerns-and-complications/slow-rising-hcg-levels

hCG levels during pregnancy
(in weeks since last menstrual period)

3 weeks LMP 5 - 50 mIU/ml

4 weeks LMP 5 - 426 mIU/ml

5 weeks LMP 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
7 - 8 weeks LMP 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
9 - 12 weeks LMP 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
13 - 16 weeks LMP 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
17 - 24 weeks LMP 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
25 - 40 weeks LMP 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml

I am so sorry First :hugs: :hug:

Why do they think it might be ectopic? Are you having pain?

I will keep you in my prayers! Hope you still get good news :hugs:

I am so sorry First :hugs: :hug:

Why do they think it might be ectopic? Are you having pain?

I will keep you in my prayers! Hope you still get good news :hugs:

First - :hug: I hope the results of the U/S come back with a healthy implantation, and you just have a slow riser!

:hi: Girls!

I can not wait for my u/s in the morning! :thumbup: I am quite sore today with a lot of pressure/pulling/tugging. I just feel so sensitive in my pelvic area (bloated) and feel like everything is squished together. I can't even stand straight! Is all this normal??

I can't believe my ER will be sometime next week:happydance: I am SO ready! My mom and I can't stop smiling and realizing that we are near the end of this 3 month process!! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->