Ivf oct/nov/dec

Wanna - I can't wait to hear about your BETA's and see what is going on? Maybe triplets? :baby::baby::baby:

AFM - I was out really late last night from the Christmas Party and the after party, I had a few glasses of wine and felt terrible this morning. Bad Ali! I am glad I did it though, as it was my last hurrah. My Mom came over and we put up the Christmas tree and went out for a nice lunch. I love that in December we can go and sit on a patio and have a seafood salad! YUM! Now I'm ready for a nap!

After my results on Friday - 12 follicles between 6-9mm and a 6.6 mm lining with E2 level at 150 something, they want me back in on Monday to repeat and we'll see how things look then. Basically they said.. you'll be coming in every day next week so just assume you are coming in around 8:30-9 until ER! So I told my boss, don't expect me in before 10 next week. LOL. Off to take that nap!

:hi: Girls!

I can not wait for my u/s in the morning! :thumbup: I am quite sore today with a lot of pressure/pulling/tugging. I just feel so sensitive in my pelvic area (bloated) and feel like everything is squished together. I can't even stand straight! Is all this normal??

I can't believe my ER will be sometime next week:happydance: I am SO ready! My mom and I can't stop smiling and realizing that we are near the end of this 3 month process!! :winkwink:

Best of luck tomorrow!!! Yes, what you are feeling is totally normal! Do you remember what your E2 level was from the other day? It is a good indication of what is going on with your ovaries. Mine was in the 150s she said and that was good, and I can definitely feel them!

Hey All!
I have been reading most of this thread from the beginning and it keeps me hopeful! It seems when you want a baby the most everyone around you is getting pregnant! Will be starting IVF#1 in January, still trying for our first... scared of the whole process!

Me-30, (slightly elevated prolactin- very under control, Fibromuscular Dysplasia- (Small Intercranial Aneurysm, other arteries corrected) HIGH RISK-can't carry multiples
DH- 35, Male Factor Infertility, Varicoceles- they think that is the cause of the MFI, will be going in for the surgery in a few weeks.
TTC Naturally for 6 months-BFN's

IUI#1 (natural with HCG trigger) Sept.-BFN
IUI#2 (Natural with Hcg trigger) Oct- BFN
IUI#3 (natural) Nov- BFN
IUI#4 (natural.......) will be doing this as soon as I ovulate.

Unfortunately our insurance doesn't cover IVF or we would have done that a couple of months ago. Our ER told us to just try one more and 'hope for the best'- the best sperm count we've had so far was 8mil post wash with 50%motility.. so about 4 mil.

We have decided to pay for an IVF cycle in January ourselves and freeze any other fertilized embryos if we have them.

Congrats to all of you who got their BFP's... and Good Luck to the rest! XOXO

I can not wait for my u/s in the morning! :thumbup: I am quite sore today with a lot of pressure/pulling/tugging. I just feel so sensitive in my pelvic area (bloated) and feel like everything is squished together. I can't even stand straight! Is all this normal??

I can't believe my ER will be sometime next week:happydance: I am SO ready! My mom and I can't stop smiling and realizing that we are near the end of this 3 month process!! :winkwink:

Best of luck tomorrow!!! Yes, what you are feeling is totally normal! Do you remember what your E2 level was from the other day? It is a good indication of what is going on with your ovaries. Mine was in the 150s she said and that was good, and I can definitely feel them!

Thank you!! Good luck to you on Monday :thumbup:

I will ask about my E2 level tomorrow and I will be having another one. I am feeling so much in my pelvic area!! And its like all the way up to my stomach :wacko: Every second of this is all worth it though!! I have a feeling I will just be a couch potato:haha: until ER, because I have been getting a little dizzy when standing up also!

Have a nice nap!! :hugs:

I will ask about my E2 level tomorrow and I will be having another one. I am feeling so much in my pelvic area!! And its like all the way up to my stomach :wacko: Every second of this is all worth it though!! I have a feeling I will just be a couch potato:haha: until ER, because I have been getting a little dizzy when standing up also!

Be sure to tell them about the dizziness that shouldn't be a symptom. IVF is definitely not a cake walk, but it shouldn't be unbearable either. So if you are feeling poorly, definitely bring that up with your FS tomorrow.

Haven't quite made it upstairs for that nap... going now!

Hey All!
I have been reading most of this thread from the beginning and it keeps me hopeful! It seems when you want a baby the most everyone around you is getting pregnant! Will be starting IVF#1 in January, still trying for our first... scared of the whole process!

Me-30, (slightly elevated prolactin- very under control, Fibromuscular Dysplasia- (Small Intercranial Aneurysm, other arteries corrected) HIGH RISK-can't carry multiples
DH- 35, Male Factor Infertility, Varicoceles- they think that is the cause of the MFI, will be going in for the surgery in a few weeks.

IUI#3 (natural) Nov- BFN

Unfortunately our insurance doesn't cover IVF or we would have done that a couple of months ago. Our ER told us to just try one more and 'hope for the best'- the best sperm count we've had so far was 8mil post wash with 50%motility.. so about 4 mil.

We have decided to pay for an IVF cycle in January ourselves and freeze any other fertilized embryos if we have them.

Welcometo the group and good luck to you for your January IVF cycle!!!:dust::dust:

https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee66/ms9267/Welcome%20to%20the%20Group/welcome-7.jpg

Thanks Wannabeprego!
I am having the HSG test next week to make sure that all of my lady parts are in working order... Is it painful? I read some horror stories... and my ER said it's quite uncomfortable. :/

Be sure to tell them about the dizziness that shouldn't be a symptom. IVF is definitely not a cake walk, but it shouldn't be unbearable either. So if you are feeling poorly, definitely bring that up with your FS tomorrow.

Haven't quite made it upstairs for that nap... going now!

I will for sure tell them about the dizziness tomorrow :thumbup: But I am not too worried about it because that is how my body reacts to pain.. With the endometriosis and multiple cyst ruptures for the past 5 years, we have learned that dizziness/even a few fainting episodes is just how my body deals with things :shrug: Thankful that I have my mom to drive me to my appts though! :thumbup:

I was bloated and cramping throughout Stims. The worst cramping was on the day of ER. My extra strength tylenol took care of the cramps though and in a few days after the ER I felt much better. I didn't have problems standing straight or anything though. I do remember being dizzy a little here and there and very sleepy through out the stims process though. Good luck with your scan tomorrow, I hope you have lots of nice sized follies!!! :dust::dust:

Hey All!

IUI#3 (natural) Nov- BFN

Welcome and Good Luck!!!! :hug:

Welcome BabyD!

My dh had surgery to repair a varicocele a few years ago. It did help his numbers increase a bit. As for the hsg, it isn't fun, but it honestly isn't too bad either. I had one a year ago. I took some ibuprofen before, and half an Ativan for my nerves. The worst part for me is the dr. had a hard time getting the catheter through my cervix. When the dye went through I had about 5 seconds of intense cramping, and that was it. You will be just fine! :)

Thanks so much Lucie!!! i can't wait for it to be over.. hopefully no issues here! I see you just started your second IVF round.. best of luck.. I'll be watching and hoping for you!! xo

Congratulations, Hope! Being bloated is good, as it likely means there are lots of good eggies in there :thumbup:

I'm very happy for you :happydance:

Thank you for your kind words, Wanna, Lucie, Hope, and Ali.

The nurse who called with the results told me this is not good and that the doctor wants to do more blood work and an ultrasound on Monday to see whether it's an ectopic. If not, is there something growing in the uterus.

Why might it be ectopic? The nurse who drew my blood this morning warned me that when you start with a low beta, that is a sign of a possible ectopic pregnancy. So, I guess that's why.

I cried a little, but I'm just feeling kinda blah. After the first beta, we did a bunch of crying. And even though the numbers went up the 2nd and 3rd time, I guess I kinda knew that it might not happen.

The way we see it is we've gotten further this time than any time before. And we're going to keep trying. But it sounds like the probability of us having a baby on or about July 31, 2012 is slim. I'll let you guys know if anything changes. Thank you for your support :hugs:

First, I'll keep rooting for you, but I understand that it's discouraging. Glad you are going to keep going regardless of how things turn out, though.

First I am sorry you are having to go through all this I will continue to hope and pray for a positive out come for you and Ur DH xx

Sweetness- I'm ok I've just been reading along with the thread each day but have Been feeling really deflated after seeing a negative on Wednesday even though I now know it was WAY to early to test!

So I was wondering for all the ladies who have tested so far, how many days past transfer were u when u tested and what day transfer did u have? I'm thinking I could safely test tomorro at 9dp2dt? What do you all think? Xx

First- I'm sorry to hear that. But I have also seen many betas ( I google a lot) that have started low or didnt double and they have healthy babies. I hope everything goes well mon and the docs are wrong. :)

Tcmc- yea way too early esp with a 2dt. I know it's hard but keep your head up

I will keep both you in my prayers as well as everyone else :)

So, my beta today came back at 236. That's not good. I go in Monday for an u/s to see whether it's ectopic. Either way, it looks like this baby is not going to make it. We will try again as soon as we are allowed to.

First - sending you tons of :hugs: I'm praying that you just have a late implanter/slow riser. That chart Wanna posted looks like you are still in the normal range. Fx for you and hope the u/s on Monday goes well :hugs:

Lucie - glad the first shots went well. Those are always the hardest. I inject the Menopur really slowly and it barely stings. What a thoughtful thing you are doing for your friend with cancer!

Whisper - sorry about the hearburn :(. I get it sometimes and it hurts! Good luck at your OB appointment! That is so great your family members are donating for infertility :thumbup:. I know about the Livestrong foundation Fertile Hope program because I got information on it from my Oncologist : https://www.fertilehope.org/. We didn't qualify but it's a wonderful program that helps cancer patients going through fertility treatments.

Hold - good luck tomorrow! It sounds like things are really progressing. I have the pressure and bloating feeling but I didn't feel dizzy last time until about two days before my ER. The nurse told me rising estrogen can do that.

Ali - you are so lucky you can sit outside in December! It's so cold here. Hope you had a great nap!

BabyD - welcome!! My HSG was only painful for a few seconds. I took two ibuprofen about an hour before the appointment.

Welcome, BabyD!

First- I'm sorry to hear about your beta today. Hopefully it is a slow riser and the u/s will show everything is ok. :hug: I'm glad you are prepared to keep trying either way. You are obviously a very strong woman. :bodyb:

AFM- I picked up my meds today. I'm starting on Tues with Menopur and Follistim and continuing but reducing the Lupron to 5 units. I'm pumped that the Follistim is in the pen (so easy!), but the Menopur was a bit confusing and I am NOT looking forward to injecting in my stomach. It's creepy. I'm happy to have my meds, though. I can't believe the ER is in 2 weeks! :happydance: My honey and I are taking photos for our Christmas card this weekend. We always try to put out a unique card, so it's a project. :winkwink: This is our last year in Hawaii, so we're definitely doing a beach photo. I'm going to freeze next year on the mainland!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->