Ivf oct/nov/dec

EM I hope you get to keep the ovary!! I didnt realize about the OC before. Wow. Sorry you went through that!

The RE nurse said they may switch me to PIO, yes, so maybe I should. Still no more spotting which is good.

Thanks, Mo! I'm hopeful that the surgeon can save my ovary but even if she can't at least we have our little embryos on ice :thumbup:. I think you should call just in case. Better to switch and it hopefully would save you the worry of spotting again. My clinic only uses PIO.

Question Ladies... Have any of you felt like your ovaries were itchy before? My ovaries feel itchy, a similar feeling to when a scar is healing and it is itchy. That is how my ovaries feel right now!! So bizarre! :wacko:

Hmm I feel stretching and pulling but not itching. I bet that is a strange sensation!

Hi ladies thanks for welcoming me :) em260 I'm really sorry for what your going through and I hope they can save your ovary. I go for ec tomorrow petrified as I've read some stories that I'm going to be in agony I hope they get lots of eggs. This is my first icsi short protocol I'm 24 and haven't responded as well as I want to. Sending baby dust to all you ladies.

gl tomorrow girly!! I have done EC 3 times and it is not painful IMO. I had 20 eggs, 17 eggs, 22 eggs collected. I worked the next day. Slightly crampy afterwards, a little spotting. Felt bloated for a few days after EC. You are going to do well!!

Thank you Em, Mo, Wanna and Ali!!! :hugs:

You girls made me feel a lot better about the whole situation!! I am trying my best not to worry about anything, but it is so hard!! I questioned my FS about not wanting to see me again until Wednesday this morning 3 different times!! :blush: I am now starting to worry they will get to big too quick, or over cook, or I will ovulate them!! :haha: I am still on 10cc Lupron and will do 2 vials of Menopur tomorrow and Tuesday. Wednesday I am not suppose to do any meds until after my u/s.

Will I stim the same day as the trigger? The day after?

EM I hope you get to keep the ovary!! I didnt realize about the OC before. Wow. Sorry you went through that!

The RE nurse said they may switch me to PIO, yes, so maybe I should. Still no more spotting which is good.

Thanks, Mo! I'm hopeful that the surgeon can save my ovary but even if she can't at least we have our little embryos on ice :thumbup:. I think you should call just in case. Better to switch and it hopefully would save you the worry of spotting again. My clinic only uses PIO.

I am so sorry about the ovarian cancer Em:hugs:

I hope your doctor can save your ovary and everything goes great!!! :hug:

I had a large cyst removed with my first surgery in 2007. How big is the cyst? Since then I have had several cysts rupture (5cm-7cm) and it is NO fun! All on my left ovary too! That's why we weren't sure I would make any follicles on the left.

YAY for trigger tonight:happydance: How many days did you stim total?

you probably wont stim the day you trigger. I never did. sometimes I read about one taking stims and trigger the same day but most likely not. the trigger makes the follicles grow a little more also and helps them mature.

Hold, we are about a week apart. I start my stims on Tues and should do the ER next Fri, the 14th. We'll see. It sounds like your eggies are progressing nicely! This is such a crazy, exciting time. :dance:

I am so sorry about the ovarian cancer Em:hugs:

I hope your doctor can save your ovary and everything goes great!!! :hug:

I had a large cyst removed with my first surgery in 2007. How big is the cyst? Since then I have had several cysts rupture (5cm-7cm) and it is NO fun! All on my left ovary too! That's why we weren't sure I would make any follicles on the left.

YAY for trigger tonight:happydance: How many days did you stim total?

Thanks Hold! One of the cysts is 8cm and the other is 3cm. That is great your ovary is responding so well even after surgery! I stimmed for a total of 10 days. I am triggering tonight and I took my last stims last night.

I had those same fears last time that the follicles would get too big or I would ovulate but don't worry because it won't happen! The meds you are on will prevent that and your Dr. knows when to trigger you so that the eggs are mature and not overcooked.

Hi ladies thanks for welcoming me :) em260 I'm really sorry for what your going through and I hope they can save your ovary. I go for ec tomorrow petrified as I've read some stories that I'm going to be in agony I hope they get lots of eggs. This is my first icsi short protocol I'm 24 and haven't responded as well as I want to. Sending baby dust to all you ladies.

Thanks Girly. Good luck tomorrow! My egg retrieval was not bad at all last time. I was bloated afterwards and a little crampy. Just as an fyi make sure you have something for constipation because the anesthesia can do that to you. I hope you get tons of eggs!!

Mells- It seems as if we may be on the same IUI/IVF cycle soon.. I'm expecting AF today or tomorrow from my last IUI... so then two weeks until my final IUI.. then IVF all while my husband gets his variococele surgery...

TCMC- So sorry you've gotten a BFN so far... fingers crossed for a BFP in the beta. Maybe it is too early??

Sweetness- I'm excited for your next test!!! Patiently waiting!

BabyD: still don't have AF, just some brownish discharge. I'm going to talk to my RE tomorrow and see what I have to do to get started again. Good luck to you and your DH. Hopefully, this will be our time!

I might lose my ovary and I only have one because I lost the other one to ovarian cancer six years ago. So that's the reason I'm doing these IVF cycles. The recovery depends on what happens in surgery. My surgeon is going to attempt the surgery laparoscopically but she might have to switch over to a full incision which would take a lot longer to heal, something like six weeks recovery vs. two weeks.

Hmm I think you should call if they might want to switch you over. I'm assuming you mean switch to PIO IM shots?

Em - wow to doing IVF after ovarian cancer! :thumbup: I have had large cysts on my ovaries in the past, and I even had to have one operated on back in 2004, my cyst was 10cm in size, or the size of a grapefruit. They were able to operate and remove the cyst and that ovary is still kicking today! So I hope they are able to do the same thing for you. I think a lot has to do with the size of the cyst, the makeup of the cyst (fluid filled, or dermoid, etc) and how it is attached to the ovary. The Dr's always say they are going to attempt to do things laproscopically and will use conventional surgery as a fall back if necessary. Both laproscopic surgries I have had were like that, and both were 100% successful doing it the laproscopic method. The key is to pick a surgeon that is well trained laproscopically and you will be fine :thumbup:

Thanks, Ali! I didn't realize you had gone through this too. One of the cysts I have now is about the size of the grapefruit and the other is about 3cm. My Oncologist thinks it's probably ovarian cancer again, most likely the same type I had before. They are mucinous tumors. I've had a ton of imaging done, ultrasounds and pelvic MRI and everyone has the same conclusion that it's the same type so we'll see. Luckily it's a very slow growing type of cancer and the prognosis is really good. Last time I didn't even need chemo so hopefully that will be the case this time as well fx. I feel really lucky that I was able to do these two IVF cycles because we really didn't know if my ovary would even respond to the meds with these two masses on it.

Well I have never had cancer, but I have had to have a cyst removed from my right ovary. Strangely enough it seems to be making nice follicles, and the FS doesn't think it has hurt my egg production at all. I think it really has to do with the size of the cyst, the type of cyst and the skill of the surgeon. I really hope your cysts aren't tumors/cancer. It is great that you did an IVF cycle to get as many eggs as you can! :thumbup:

Well I have never had cancer, but I have had to have a cyst removed from my right ovary. Strangely enough it seems to be making nice follicles, and the FS doesn't think it has hurt my egg production at all. I think it really has to do with the size of the cyst, the type of cyst and the skill of the surgeon. I really hope your cysts aren't tumors/cancer. It is great that you did an IVF cycle to get as many eggs as you can! :thumbup:

Right, I just meant you've gone through the same surgery. It's pretty amazing that your ovaries are still responding so well even after surgery. I did a ton of research before deciding to attempt IVF before my surgery and my main reason was that many women do not respond to the stims after surgery. So good for you!! :thumbup: When you had your cyst removed did they remove it intact or did they drain it and then remove it?

So I went to the clinic this morning.... When I got out of bed i felt a gush and I went to bathroom and it was bright red blood. But that's it. It stopped and was nothing else. But I decided to walk into the clinic. They won't scan me yet which pisses me off but drew another beta and are going to most likely put me on pio. The nurse said a lot of women have been having this with the suppositories so they are thinking about not using them at all. The other nurse told me everything is going to be fine, this is not uncommon and not to worry. I really didn't want another beta b/c that gives me something to worry about now and since it was high on wed I now expect a nice doubling rate. Ugh. Why can't this be easy?? I'm so upset atm and I want answers why this keeps happening.

So I went to the clinic this morning.... When I got out of bed i felt a gush and I went to bathroom and it was bright red blood. But that's it. It stopped and was nothing else. But I decided to walk into the clinic. They won't scan me yet which pisses me off but drew another beta and are going to most likely put me on pio. The nurse said a lot of women have been having this with the suppositories so they are thinking about not using them at all. The other nurse told me everything is going to be fine, this is not uncommon and not to worry. I really didn't want another beta b/c that gives me something to worry about now and since it was high on wed I now expect a nice doubling rate. Ugh. Why can't this be easy?? I'm so upset atm and I want answers why this keeps happening.

Oh Mo I'm so sorry!! That must have been terrifying. Like I mentioned yesterday my clinic only uses PIO. So hopefully once you switch over this won't keep happening. Big :hugs: to you.

Hey ladies will get caught up later I worked all weekend on nights so bout to go sleep. How everyone is well

Mo- try not to worry IVF ladies are a totally different ball game persay. Don't fret. And that's dumb they didnt do an ultrasound

Big hugs to you hun!! :hugs::hugs:I hope the spotting stops soon and that everything will be okay with your pregnancy!!!:hugs: I am glad they are letting you try PIO instead and I hope that helps stop the spotting. :hugs:I am sorry they wouldn't let you have a scan!!:growlmad: i will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that everything is going to be alright for you hun!!!:hugs:

https://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm201/Pusslil/Divems%202010/April/Hugs.png

Oh Mo! I'm sorry. I'm sure they wouldn't tell you not to worry if they were truly concerned. Hang in there!

Sorry Mo!!! Everything is going to be fine :hugs: :hug: I can't wait to hear how high your beta came in! :thumbup:

I will be on suppositories also.. Think there called endomtrium (?) Is that what you are on? I wasn't offered a choice between PIO or vaginally :shrug:

So, doc says this is definitely not a viable pregnancy. We are hoping my beta is lower today and I'm miscarrying naturally. Otherwise, they will try to induce it. We just hope this happens smoothly so we can move on to the next try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->