Ivf oct/nov/dec

Ok, I am going to get to personals in a moment.. But first I have a question!!

What is good post-thaw for sperm count? Does anyone have experience with this?

I just got my sperm donor vial information. I know that the numbers will be lower since it is frozen and thawed... But I have no clue what these numbers means!! :wacko:

I just got my sperm donor vial information. I know that the numbers will be lower since it is frozen and thawed... But I have no clue what these numbers means!! :wacko:

Hold - Each sperm bank gives you a range of what their numbers will be. I never really knew what was good or bad, but the Dr's always said the numbers were good. I think somewhere around 20M is good, but I think some companies make a special vial for IVF that only has 5M in it? I mean you only need 20-30!! Right?

Hold - thank you and in regards to your question I really don't know anything about that because I've never dealt with frozen sperm ... I hope someone on here can answer you question!

Ash, I'm so glad everything went well. It's always easier when you have a plan in the works. I hope ICSI gives you plenty of embryos. I love those success percentages! I hope you enjoy acu when I did it I loved it.

happy - HUGE congrats on your twins! That is amazing!! Now I can't wait to find out the genders!!!! :) It is always VERY nice to have a plan and know what's going to happen and yes, hopefully with ICSI I will get lots of embryos instead of .. 10 ... :haha: I also love the success percentages but jeeze, I had a 60% this time and it didn't work ... idk. I'm honestly trying not to dwell on those because if I do and this second time doesn't work with an 84% chance I'm going to scream! :haha:

happy - HUGE congrats on your twins! That is amazing!! Now I can't wait to find out the genders!!!! :) It is always VERY nice to have a plan and know what's going to happen and yes, hopefully with ICSI I will get lots of embryos instead of .. 10 ... :haha: I also love the success percentages but jeeze, I had a 60% this time and it didn't work ... idk. I'm honestly trying not to dwell on those because if I do and this second time doesn't work with an 84% chance I'm going to scream! :haha:

Ash! So glad you had your appt, and your DR has provided you with some feedback. I hope you have a better cycle in January!! It will be here before you know it! :thumbup: I did ICSI last cycle and they are going to add in AH this time. We did a 5dt last time and are doing a 3dt this time. Apparently you can't do AH with a 5dt. I'm wondering if we need to do this or not? Since this time we are using a different sperm donor? IDK. I guess we'll see how things turn out. Right now I have way less follicles than I did last time. I think by this point I had closer to 20 follicles, and I only have 14 right now. Who knows? :shrug: I do like the odds he gave you! :hug: and Congrats for getting moving on your next cycle!

Ali - thanks for the hugs and the positive words! My doctor told me that also that he would rather do a 5dt without AH because if they make it to day 5 that's a good sign anyways and they most likely don't need AH. He told me that by day 5 they are already hatching so you don't need to do it. We're aiming for another 5DT so no AH for us .... unless we need to do a 3DT. Even though you only have 14 follicles you may still get more eggs! They told me at my last scan that I had 12-14 follicles and I ended up with 25 eggs .. :) It didn't work out but still ... you may get more! Best of luck to you!

Hold - Each sperm bank gives you a range of what their numbers will be. I never really knew what was good or bad, but the Dr's always said the numbers were good. I think somewhere around 20M is good, but I think some companies make a special vial for IVF that only has 5M in it? I mean you only need 20-30!! Right?

Thanks Ali!! :flower:

And yes!! At this rate, if I will have 10 eggs, 20 million is plenty to choose from:haha::winkwink: But I am hoping I don't need ICSI because that is $1,000 added on to my bill.. But at the same time, sure would be worth it!

Hold - thank you and in regards to your question I really don't know anything about that because I've never dealt with frozen sperm ... I hope someone on here can answer you question!

Thank you!! :hugs:

When exactly will you be starting Lupron? Did they give you dates?

Ash I am glad your appt went well! Sounds like you got all the answers you needed and such. FX for 2nd round to work for you :)

Hold - I calculated the dates myself and 21 days from December 20 (which is when I should get my period) puts us at starting lupron on January 9th. So January 9th Lupron and then whenever I get my lupron period which this last time it was 14 days after I started, I will start the fun part, 2 more shots!!! :) I really can't wait already! I just hate being in limbo!

Mo - thanks! And huge congrats on your GREAT beta jump! I think it would be AMAZING to have identical twins!!! :) When is your scan?

First- So, so sorry about the MC.

Happy- Congrats on the twins!

Mo- Glad everything turned out to be ok.

Ash- Glad you have a plan figured out!

As for me, headed in for my first us tomorrow. It already feels like stuff is happening so I am very curious to see how many follies I've got cooking!

I hope everyone else is doing well!!!

Hcg came back as 12,305 at 23 dpo; up from 2272 on 18dpo. Said its perfect and I get to poke myself in the butt every night for the next several weeks lol.

First: I'm sooo sorry!!

Girly: great report! I hope ohss stays far away!

Congrats that is great news!!! :happydance::happydance: I am so happy for you!!! H&H 9 months to you!! Hopefully the PIO will agree with you more than the vaginal inserts were!! :thumbup:

Not until dec 19th :(

Any tips ladies on how to do the PIO shots?? I have 50 days worth to do! LOL. EEK!

Mo, when I did mine for IVF #1 I always iced the area first. Be sure the liquid is warm before injecting it, my dh would hold the syringe in his fist for a bit to heat up the liquid. Have dh insert the needle quickly. I never felt the needle when he did it quickly, but the few times he did it slowly it hurt. Then after the shot, massage the area a bit. I also got up and walked around right after to help the oil disperse. Finally, I would put a heating pad on for a few minutes too. Hope this helps!

I'll do personals shortly.

Just got back from my appt:
https://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n171/lovelpadriana/image.jpg

It's twins! We are so excited!

WOOO HOOOOO!!!!! Congrats on the twins!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance: I just knew it was going to be twins and you and your DH were right too!!!! How exciting!!! That scan pic is so neat to look at!!! Two cute little baby beans snuggled in!!! :winkwink:

https://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb257/glemke/GIF%20Special%20Occassion/Congratulations.gif

Mo - Awesome new! So cool to see a beta with so many numbers!!!

Happy - WOOT!!!!!! :happydance: :hugs: So totally exciting. I have been doing some reading about twins - sounds like a lot of fun!

Ash - Glad you have a plan to go forward! I have a good feeling about this one...plus, your RE gave you some great odds! I think ICSI is a good idea. That is what we did and we got great fertilization. I was so glad we did it.

Lucy - GL with your u/s tomorrow!

Lucie - thanks and can't wait to find out how many follicles you have growing in there!

Mo - That's not too far away! Can't wait til then, I will be counting down the days with you! For the PIO shots, just don't flex your leg or use your muscles because that makes it hurt a lot more! And if I were you, I would switch sides every 2 to 3 days. That's what I did and it seemed to work miracles. Also walk around after the shot so that the oil doesn't sit in one spot because it will be painful if it does, a heating pad after the shot also works good for that!

Whisper - thanks and I am so happy that we're doing ICSI also. I wanted to do it in the beginning but copperman didn't want to do it because OH has GREAT sperm counts every single time. So ... we'll do it this time and hopefully we'll get GREAT rates! I'm sorry if you've already made this known to all of this but I've been MIA for a while but was this your 1st of 2nd IVF? and if it was your 2nd did you do natural fertilization the first time around?

@Em, Good luck with your retrival!! I hope you get lots of healthy eggs!! :dust::dust:

@Sweetness,my beta is Wednesday morning at 9:30 am, there is a rush on the betas request so I am hoping to have the results by Wednesday afternoon. :thumbup:

@Ever, I am sorry your follies look small, but it is still just the start of stims so it is good that they are stepping up your dosage and I am sure things will improve. Good luck to you, I hope your follies grow nice and big and that you get lots of eggs.

For my Stims my DR started me out on a high dose and then stepped me down, so it was a little different. I started out on 375 of gonal F, 75 of Menopur and I was on 5 of lupron. I started out on 10 of lurpon before stims started though. Once my ovaries got to cooking than I stepped down to 300 of Gonal F and stayed there for the rest of my stims, the rest of my meds stayed the same. I did stims for 9 days total.

@First, I am so very sorry for your loss hun. I hope things go natural so you dont have to go through induction. My heart goes out to you!! Big hugs to you hun!! :hugs::hugs:

@Lucie, good luck with your scan.:dust::dust:

Question for any of you ladies doing the progesterone cream vaginal inserts. My vagina aches and I am guessing that is from the progesterone. Do you girls have that going on? Than the progesterone gets all clumpy up in there and comes out in hunks which is gross, it doesn't even seem like my body is absorbing the stuff. :dohh: I am not looking forward to 12 weeks of the inserts!! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->