Ivf oct/nov/dec

Lotus - I had my ER on Thansgiving and still went to DH's parents house, and then went shopping that night :) But I had vicoden that I took to help ease some of the pain. I will say that at my MIL's I wasn't feeling that great and my niece even asked if I was OK. Honestly, I think it depends on how bad you want to see Journey! If you feel you can put up a good front, then I would say go and just take some pain meds with you.

Congrats, Michelle! I checked your journal. Your tests are definitely getting darker! :happydance: :happydance: :bfp:!!!

Lotus - I had my ER on Thansgiving and still went to DH's parents house, and then went shopping that night :) But I had vicoden that I took to help ease some of the pain. I will say that at my MIL's I wasn't feeling that great and my niece even asked if I was OK. Honestly, I think it depends on how bad you want to see Journey! If you feel you can put up a good front, then I would say go and just take some pain meds with you.

Thank you! I have some pain meds I can probably take (I'll ask Dr). I'm thinking I'll rest all day and go to the concert. :dance: DH and I don't go out much, so I don't want to turn down this opportunity. I hope I don't regret it!

Lotus - Just rest up the next day! I even braved Black Friday, went out at 4:40am which was the day after my ER, but I will say the next 2 days after that I did absolutely nothing. I say go, have fun and don't over do it the days after ER ;)

Okay, trying to get my feet back on the ground, here.
Em, I'm so glad the little ones are all still growing strong. That's really good news!
Ali - looks like you are getting ready to have a whole bunch of eggs to fertilize - here's hoping for a whole team!

Wow - I had convinced myself that the result was going to be negative. I just didn't want to be disappointed. When the clinic called and I first heard the nurses voice, I thought from her tone it was bad news for sure. I soon found out otherwise. I sent my surrogate an IM - I had considered doing a 'joke' one like I did hear starting off with 'bad news' and then saying it was anything but that, but then I remembered she's carrying my child! I don't want to do anything to give her a shock. :haha:
I have been here once before and got thrown by the horse, so I'm not totally relaxed. I do know that there is still no guarantee, but there never is in life - you never stop worrying about your children, certainly not after they are born. Shoot, my little doggie gives me heart attacks sometimes when he does something that seems dangerous.
So other than a couple of people who are the closest ones to me, this stays our secret for now. I'll wait a few months before letting more people know. I've got two more betas to go through and then the ultrasounds start.
Wow - I am going to have one hell of a great weekend - sending any surplus luck I had left over out to all of you - and plenty of prayers. It's funny, I put my head down on my desk to pray not five minutes before the phone rang - not asking for one specific result or the other, just for the strength to deal with it if it were negative and the wisdom needed if it were positive. Within two minutes of my prayer, the phone rang with my good news.
Hugs, everybody! And thanks for all the good wishes sent my way. Back at you all to the power of ten!

Well, I am sorry to say I just got some bad news. :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

It seems in less than a years time, I am going to be neck deep in baby poop!

A positive result!!!!
With a really good beta number as well - 354 :happydance::happydance::happydance:

My hands are shaking - I haven't processed this all yet - but I wanted to let you all know right away. Just got off the phone with the clinic.
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Chase!!! :happydance: :yipee: That is a really strong beta!!! You totally had me going there with your first line about bad news :haha:

Well, I am sorry to say I just got some bad news. :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

A positive result!!!!
With a really good beta number as well - 354 :happydance::happydance::happydance:

My hands are shaking - I haven't processed this all yet - but I wanted to let you all know right away. Just got off the phone with the clinic.

:wohoo: :wohoo: :happydance: Yay! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Hey Ladies, I need some advice. DH and I have the opportunity to see Journey on the night of my retrieval (tentative ER date) with friends. We have to tell them whether to get tickets for us today, and I'm not sure how I will feel that night. Do you guys think it's a terrible idea? I would LOVE to see Journey, but I'm concerned that I will want to lie down that night. If I don't go, DH can't either because he would need to keep our 2-100 lb dogs off me and let them out, etc. They can be demanding and high-maintenance. I feel bad keeping him from the show. :sad1:

I'm sure with some good medicine you will be fine! Everyone is different. Plus if your procedure is early in the morning you can go home and rest and be ready for the evening.

@Chase, Congratulations on your BFP!!!! :happydance::happydance: I am very happy and excited for you!!!!Happy and healthy 9 months to you!!!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/Frequently%20used%20graphics/Animate-8.gif

A positive result!!!!

WOOHOO!!! That is awesome news.. You got me with the first line though. Thought you were going to say it was negative. In 9 months you will be up to your eyeballs in baby poop! 2 words.. diaper genie!!! I hear they are the bomb for baby poop.

That is a really strong beta for being 14-15DPO!!! Average is about 100-140 for that timeframe. Maybe it split and you are having twins? Let's see what your next BETA is. Either way.. :headspin: :yipee: :happydance:

My HCG blood beta results from this morning are 365!!!:happydance: The nurse told me those numbers were healthy and normal for where I am in my pregnancy.

I am wondering if maybe it is just one baby now because I thought it would be higher if it was more than one at this point, but I am not totally sure though.:shrug:

My fertility office wants me to get an ultrasound next week some time and they wanted me to come into the office there but I am 6 hours away so I need to find a local OB dr close to home and start seeing someone soon. My fertility office can just write me a request and I could just go get scanned any place that would do it if I need to but I prefer to find an OB DR sooner than later if possible. I have a few referrals of a couple of names of DR's and I want to research them this weekend and pick someone in network with my health insurance. So it looks like I will be getting an early scan. I think it is good and bad to be scanned real early in a way, good because hopefully I can find out how many babies I am carrying, bad because I know if it is too early the DR can't always see much and than this can cause stress not knowing what is going on in there... :wacko::wacko: But hopefully keeping the PMA up the scan will give me piece of mind and show me that everything is okay in there and show how many embryos implanted. :thumbup:

Lotus - my ER was a little more painful than others. They said they had to really push on my left ovary to get it into place (picture nurse sitting on my left side) to harvest that ovary. I know that is rare but you just never know? They gave me some vicodin which did help with the pain, but I was really happy to just go to bed, and watch TV and read. Could I have gone to a concert? Sure, providing it wasn't too wild or crazy (no mosh pits for me)! My preference though was to just relax and catch up on sleep.

Hold? How was your U/S today?

AFM - got my reults of my E2 and it was 2300, so they are fairly sure I won't have OHSS this time :yipee: My trigger is at 8pm tomorrow and ER is at 8am Monday. I'm still worried about my lining, as I have read posts that having a super thick lining can be as bad as having a super thin lining. Also, what will happen to the smaller follicles? I have 24 ranging between 11 and 18mm right now. Will the smaller ones continue to grow and catch up? I guess I'll just have to wait until ER to see how many they get. :shrug:

Congrats Chase! :happydance:

Awesome beta Wanna!:happydance:

Awesome news about being able to trigger and having ER scheduled Ali!!! :flower:

Well I had another scan today, and I'm not really sure what to think. There were 7 follies on my right, 12 on my left. She was able to measure 8 or 9 I think. They were all between 7-10. She made some remark about me being a "slow responder". They took blood and said they'd be calling later to tell me what my doses would be and when I'd be back.

Got the call this afternoon that my e2 is 453 and they want be back Sunday morning. I'm to do 150 iu of follistim tonight and tomorrow, no menopur. I'm just worried that I'm not where I should be.

Congrats Chase! :happydance:

Awesome beta Wanna!:happydance:

Awesome news about being able to trigger and having ER scheduled Ali!!! :flower:

Well I had another scan today, and I'm not really sure what to think. There were 7 follies on my right, 12 on my left. She was able to measure 8 or 9 I think. They were all between 7-10. She made some remark about me being a "slow responder". They took blood and said they'd be calling later to tell me what my doses would be and when I'd be back.

Got the call this afternoon that my e2 is 453 and they want be back Sunday morning. I'm just worried that I'm not where I should be.

How many days of stims have you done? It sounds like you have lots of follicles, now they just need to get them to GROW! I'm guessing you will need a few more days of stims. Just be patient, mine took a little extra work to get to where they needed to be too. I think I will stim for a total of 12.5 days (they want me to do a smaller dose tomorrow morning too). So don't stress!! As long as they are growing and your E2 is rising, and your lining is thickening, everything is fine. :thumbup:

yay mells for starting again!!
ali: thats a lot of follicles! About your lining your re will evaluate it and make that determination if its good or not. Mine was always around 12mm. I'm not sure what normal range is. I'm sure your RE would have said something if it was bad. YAY for lots of follicles!!
EM: Thats amazing!! fx they all make it!
Hold: GL this weekend!!
Lotus: I felt fine the day after my er but the day of I was just bloated. Minimal pain. Get the ticket because you may feel perfectly fine. Just rest up beforehand and I'm sure you will be good to go.
Michelle: Yay! Tests look great! Congrats!
Lucie: Dont worry. I started off slow and the last few days I skyrocketed. Sounds good where you are. Slow and steady is better than fast!

Ali, I have been stimming since the 30th, so 7 days. My first IVF I stimmed 9 days.

I did an abdominal scan today (not transvaginal which is way better at this stage) but anyways, baby measured perfectly at 5w6d (pic is bigger than I thought so I put it in a spoiler):

https://i.imgur.com/J6X1ml.jpg

only 1 baby! :happydance::baby:

Ali, I have been stimming since the 30th, so 7 days. My first IVF I stimmed 9 days.

Well maybe yours are just slow to respond now, but will be way better in a few days? Mine did that.. they spurted between Wednesday and today! I think its because I had 2 good nights sleep and I drank way more fluids. So you could get extra sleep and see an improvement possibly? I mean beyond what the Dr prescribes. I'm guessing that you will need at least 4-5 more days though. Unless they increase your dosage? What did the FS say?

I did an abdominal scan today (not transvaginal which is way better at this stage) but anyways, baby measured perfectly at 5w6d (pic is bigger than I thought so I put it in a spoiler):

https://i.imgur.com/J6X1ml.jpg

only 1 baby! :happydance::baby:

WOOHOO! That is awesome news. :yipee: :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back