Ivf oct/nov/dec

Whisper - I'm sorry you are so sick that sounds awful :hugs: Ginger ale and saltines always help me. I hope you feel better!

August - welcome! Wow that must have been such a surprise to go in for your appointment and hear that! Good luck to you!

Sweetness - ugh I can't believe they lost the results!! Unacceptable :growlmad:

I just got back from my appointment with my Oncologist. She scheduled my surgery for January 9th. I was hoping to do it sooner but she wants to wait for my ovary to go back down in a size and any residual cysts from the stims to disappear. I'm so happy to have a surgery date! I like to have a plan :)

I got a call from the Embryologist that 4 of our embryos were frozen this morning yayy!! And the best news is that there are 3 more they think might be ready later today or early tomorrow morning :happydance: Fx!

It's been an all around great day and made even better to come back on here and read all of this good news!! :)

That is great that you have 4 frosties!! :happydance::happydance:Fingers crossed the rest of them can befrozen as well. :dust::dust:

I really hope that everything goes good with your surgery in January and that they are able to save your ovary hun!!! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers hoping for the best possiblt outcome!!! :hugs::hugs:

Hi Ladies and Chase! Well, I had a horrible morning. I went in for the blood test and u/s and they only found 4 follicles that will be mature enough. :cry: The others aren't growing. I know we only need one, but this is ridiculous. Why did we pay thousands of $$ for drugs and stick needles in my body everyday to get what clomid would have given me? Dr says I will trigger tomorrow or Wed. I'm trying really hard to remain positive, but I am definitely disappointed. I ran into a close friend after my appt and lost it in the grocery store. :cry: I finally got to talk to DH (he was at work), so I'm a little better. Breathe...

Em- I am so happy for you. Yay for :cold: and a schedule!!
Hold- That's amazing! Congrats on having so many fertilize! :happydance:
Whisper- I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:
Michelle- Congrats on the amazing beta!! :happydance:
August- Welcome and good luck! We'll probably be in the tww together!

I hope everyone else is doing well. I'm thinking of doing a little retail therapy and baking some banana bread to lift my spirits.

I am so sorry that your follicles didn't respond that good to the medications. Big hugs to you hun!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs: what medication and dosage have you been on throughout your stims?

That is good that you have the 4 follies that are big enough to make eggs and hopefully by the time you get to your ER a few more eggs will be retrived then what they can see on the ultrasound. Remember all it takes is one healthy embryo for you to be pregnant. Fingers crossed that all of your eggs end up being healthy embryos for your ET. :dust::dust:

@whisper, I am so sorry that you are feeling so sick!!! I hope you feel better soon!! Big hugs to you!! :hugs::hugs:Make sure you drink plenty of fluids, gatorade and pedialyte are great so you can stay hydrated since you can't keep foods down right now. I like to suck on hard mints when i feel naseous and hard candies help too. Try eating some chicken noodle soup and crackers maybe, it might sit okay with you maybe. :hugs:

https://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o47/lodonohue/feelbetter.jpg

Lotus- very sorry about the news but hoping your 4 are fantastic and that they sll grow into wonderful embies!!

@August, good luck with your IVF cycle!! I hopeyou get your BFP!!! :dust::dust: i didn't have todo bed rest after my ET. The DR had me lay down for15 minutes after the ET to let everything settle in and than I just took it easy that day. I just lounged around on the couch and had a lazy day, with no stress. The next day I was back to normal activities, but I took it easy still. And like other girls have said, no bouncing, running or anything crazy after ET. :winkwink:

Hold: YAY!! Great report!!
Michelle! Awesome beta!! You are preggo!! YAY!!
EM! Glad you have so many embryos!! I swear by FETs!! They are the best :)
whisper: I have been sick since yesterday around 2pm...after lunch.. no vomiting yet but I have felt like it. I dont know if its pregnancy related or a virus either b/c I've seen others with this stomach virus. I hope you feel better soon!
August: That great you have so many follicles. I took 3 days for my IVF cycles but then my FET I only did about a day and half.... My FET worked :)
Lotus: Everything will work out!! It only takes one! There are several women on here with only a few retrieved and some are pg with twins!!

I am so sorry that your follicles didn't respond that good to the medications. Big hugs to you hun!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs: what medication and dosage have you been on throughout your stims?

That is good that you have the 4 follies that are big enough to make eggs and hopefully by the time you get to your ER a few more eggs will be retrived then what they can see on the ultrasound. Remember all it takes is one healthy embryo for you to be pregnant. Fingers crossed that all of your eggs end up being healthy embryos for your ET. :dust::dust:

Thank you, wanna. I've been doing 5 units of Lupron, one vial of Menopur and 100 of Follistim for a few days, and then reduced to 75 Follistim for the last 3 days. The others remained the same. I'm waiting to hear from the nurse what my dosages will be tonight and tomorrow morning. Of course, I go back tomorrow, so I am hoping for a better report then. I'm hoping that those follies grew so well because they are the best ones and they will make strong embryos. This is tough.

Lotus, how many days have you been stimming? I am a slow responder, I start off slow, and eventually others grow and catch-up. After 4 days of stims, they only saw 4 follies, at the end they retrieved 7 eggs and I had 5 embryos. Hang in there!! As long as your E2 levels are fine, give it time!

Congrats Michelle lotus try to stay positive some women get loads and a bfn I think it's all about luck. Welcome August and good luck with your cycle and I hope everyone else is doing well. I didn't think the 2ww would be so hard I'm only three days in and I'm going crazy not knowing I just have a feeling it hasn't worked I don't want to say that to dh though because he is all excited and even had the scan picture they gave me of egg on his bedside unit and looks at it all the time. I admire these women that go through countless ivf and still keep going I don't think I could go through all this again.

Lotus, how many days have you been stimming? I am a slow responder, I start off slow, and eventually others grow and catch-up. After 4 days of stims, they only saw 4 follies, at the end they retrieved 7 eggs and I had 5 embryos. Hang in there!! As long as your E2 levels are fine, give it time!

I'm on day 7 of stims. I'm not sure what my e2 levels are because they just tell me "it looks good" each time. I guess they are fine. I'm hoping tomorrow brings better news, but it gives me hope to know that you got 5 embryos from 7 eggs! I would be happy with one to transfer and 2 to freeze. I just thought there would be more to buffer in case some didn't make it.

Girly - I found the 2ww the worst! And the second week was even harder. Are you planning to test early? When is your beta?

I'm on day 7 of stims. I'm not sure what my e2 levels are because they just tell me "it looks good" each time. I guess they are fine. I'm hoping tomorrow brings better news, but it gives me hope to know that you got 5 embryos from 7 eggs! I would be happy with one to transfer and 2 to freeze. I just thought there would be more to buffer in case some didn't make it.

Hang in there, I never produced an abundance of eggs! You still have about 5 days of stims.

Hang in there, I never produced an abundance of eggs! You still have about 5 days of stims.

That's the problem. Dr is planning to trigger tomorrow or Wed because the big follies are at 18 and 17mm already. Do you stop stims after the trigger?

Great number, Michelle. I was hoping to have my second one today, but there was a mix-up with the lab and my surrogate wasn't able to have the blood drawn until late this afternoon, so I must wait until tomorrow for the number. I feel good about things, though, so it's not like that nail-biting 2WW I just went through! But I want a nice, high number tomorrow. :)

Lotus- I am sorry that your number is not higher, but as others have said, it only takes one. It's better to have less of higher quality than a bunch with low quality, so let's pray that yours are all champs!

Hold - that's really good news!

Mells, I'm 45, but my Dad was 45 when I was born and he was a great dad - very hands on and spent a lot of time with me. There are pluses and minuses whichever age you have children. Though Anthony Quinn (Zorba the Greek) was certainly pushing it when he had a child at age 83!

That's the problem. Dr is planning to trigger tomorrow or Wed because the big follies are at 18 and 17mm already. Do you stop stims after the trigger?

Yes, you stop stims after trigger, but follies still do grow.

Thanks Everyone! I am just having one of those days...:growlmad:

Lotus, I'm sorry things aren't going as well as expected. I think we all have these thoughts that everything will go exactly as planned, but the truth is...this process is mostly out of our control.

Me, so excited for your report today

Michelle, great beta! Congrats!

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Not sure if I should test early in 2ww anyone else test early and get a positive so scared its a bfn only had one embryo transferred. Michelle haven't had a beta not really sure what that is?? I woke up at 2 am last night with horrible stomach cramps and felt like I was going to through up I'm 3dpt is this normal??

Chase - I am sure you will get a great second beta ;) Mine is tomorrow; but I am more excited about getting the u/s next week to see something this time!!! Then it will be more real to me.

girly - The beta is a blood test to measure how much hcg is in your system. I had a few spouts of cramping, so I am sure things will be OK! You just need to watch for any bleeding, more so of soaking a pad an hour. If that isn't happening, all should be good. I only tested in the 2ww cause I had to have 2 hcg boosters and I wanted to test those out, and my lines got darker towards the end. Everyone is different; some like to test and some do not, it's a personal choice. :)

Morning Ladies..

Just got the news about my fertilization report.. 17 eggs, 15 were mature.. and 13 fertilized!!! :yipee: :wohoo: :headspin: I'm on cloud 9 :cloud9: So the Dr wants to wait now and do a 5dt which will be Saturday. I think I will take Friday off to get stuff done before being forced to be on bed rest all weekend. Next week is going to be a busy one and I need to get laundry done and be prepared for it! I'm amazed at the difference between this cycle and last. I have almost 2x the number of fertilized eggs this time! (13 now 7 last time). Amazing!! I'm so excited :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->