Ivf oct/nov/dec

First- I am so sorry! How awfully cruel!!
Make sure you take very good care of yourself.
Xx

First - sorry you have to go through the D&C on top of everything else. That happened with my ex-wife as well, so I know how it's insult to injury.

Lucie - wow, what a great number of eggs!

WOW Lucie; that is amazing!

First - I am so sorry :hugs:

Sweet - There is an IVF due date calculator that determines your due date by when you had your ER; do a search on google and you should find it.

Lucie ~ Such a great number of eggs :hugs: I'm glad you made out alright, can't wait to hear the rest!

As for me ~ I didn't sleep at all last night. I couldn't find a comfortable position. My back is ridiculously swollen and I feel like I'm getting a cold or something. booooo Can't wait for ER tomorrow morning.

Hi all -

I am really really hoping that my embies make it to blast stage but what I'm wondering is how many do you think they need on day 3 to do this? Just praying mine have all carried on growing well as they don't call to update on day 2!

Tomorrow I will either get a call to say they are going to take them to blast OR that I need to come in for day 3 transfer!

8 fertilised and I THINK the nurse told me that they need at least 3 -4 strong embies on day 3 to take them to blast. Does that sound about right? Xx

Hi everyone,

Quick update: My beta is still rising, but the sac is empty. So, I'm choosing a D&C to get this false pregnancy over with, so we can try again. It will probably happen early next week.

They say 25% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. Hopefully, my m/c means the odds are in your favor to make it to term, ladies (and Chase).

Big hugs to everyone!

First - sending you big :hugs: I'm so sorry!!

Lucie - wow great number!! Rest up!

Ever - every clinic is different but the cutoff at mine is 5 embryos. Since you have 8 I'm sure you are well on your way. Fx for you!

August - good luck tomorrow!

Lotus - good luck today! Can't wait to see your update!

Hi everyone,

Quick update: My beta is still rising, but the sac is empty. So, I'm choosing a D&C to get this false pregnancy over with, so we can try again. It will probably happen early next week.

They say 25% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. Hopefully, my m/c means the odds are in your favor to make it to term, ladies (and Chase).

Big hugs to everyone!

I am so sorry hun!!! My heart goes out to you!! Big hugs to you hun!:hugs::hugs:

https://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/Mistress_Vader_Photos/Holiday%20and%20Special%20Occasion%20Comments/Sorry%20Comments/Sorry%20For%20Your%20Loss/Sorry-For-Your-Loss-1.gif

@Lucie, Wow that is awesome, 25 eggs!!!! :happydance::happydance: You are fertile myrtle over there!!! :haha::winkwink: Fingers crossed and good luck for a great fertilization report!!! :dust::dust:

@Whisper, I want to go see the Hobit movie too!! Let me know how it was later!! I love those movies!! :thumbup:

August- good luck tomorrow!! Do you have to be there early?
Xx

Thank you... and yes I have to be at the fertility center at 7am... I was really worried about my husband providing his "sample" as the man has never done this before. However the FS was sooo nice and is allowing us to bring our sample with us in the morning :happydance: I'm so very happy! and I'm I can't wait for tomorrow!!!! :happydance:

Lucie that's awesome! A lot of eggs!!!

Lotus- good luck!!!

August good luck tomorrow!!

Ash- thanks we are pretty stoked!

Wanna mich Ali ever chase want wish em hope your all doing well!!

So the ultrasound tech made me super nervous trying to shake what se said. She said " well come back jan 3 cause sometimes the heart just stops for no reason" who says that?! I know The Lord wouldn't take this away from us but still want to just fast forward to jan 3. I thought free seeing a heartbeat your chances are like less then 5% for something to happen. You ladies want to shed some light please or opinions

Lucie that's awesome! A lot of eggs!!!

Lotus- good luck!!!

August good luck tomorrow!!

Ash- thanks we are pretty stoked!

Wanna mich Ali ever chase want wish em hope your all doing well!!

So the ultrasound tech made me super nervous trying to shake what se said. She said " well come back jan 3 cause sometimes the heart just stops for no reason" who says that?! I know The Lord wouldn't take this away from us but still want to just fast forward to jan 3. I thought free seeing a heartbeat your chances are like less then 5% for something to happen. You ladies want to shed some light please or opinions

How cruel of her! She propably didn't realize what she said but still... come one really? Just take it easy and enjoy the pregnancy. :hugs:

@Sweet, I did some research on Dr google and found a few different articles about the risk of miscarriage after seeing the heart beat, one website said 10%,

https://www.wisegeek.com/how-common-is-miscarriage-after-seeing-a-heartbeat.htm

Can I just add that the ultrasound person that said that to you was rude and insensitive. :growlmad:

I found this article too...

https://www.babyexpert.com/forum/pr...ed---are-the-chances-of-mc-lowered/42553.html

Question: What Are the Odds of Miscarriage After Seeing a Fetal Heartbeat on an Ultrasound

Answer: Seeing the baby's heartbeat on an ultrasound is a good sign and does put a pregnancy into a lower risk category for miscarriage.

Doctors generally agree that the risk of miscarriage decreases once the pregnancy reaches a point that an ultrasound can detect a heartbeat. The exact amount that it decreases, however, seems to vary by group.

It's hard to say any exact numbers from the available research, but here are some statistics that certain studies have come up with.

For women with no vaginal bleeding, most estimates suggest that the odds of having a miscarriage after seeing a heartbeat are about 4%.

For women with vaginal bleeding but also a detected heartbeat on ultrasound, risk of miscarriage is about 13% according to one study.

One study found that about 17% of women with a history of recurrent miscarriages will miscarry after seeing a heartbeat on the ultrasound.

Mothers over 35 also face significant miscarriage risk after ultrasound detects a heartbeat, even though the risk does drop after detecting the heartbeat. A 1996 study found that women over 36 have a 16% risk of miscarriage at this point, and women over 40 have a 20% risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->