Ivf oct/nov/dec

Wow Sweet, that was pretty cruel for her to say. I am sorry she said that; she really has no right to say anything like that to you :growlmad:

Thanks guys. Now I did thought they said after seeing a heartbeat to not really worry but who knows

Sweetness, that was a really unkind and stupid thing for the nurse to say. She should have said something to the effect of 'Just come back on Jan 3rd because we just want to make sure everything is going okay'. Of course there are always risks in life - in anything. You don't focus on the negative like that - when you send your kid out to school, you don't have someone tell you "Well, make sure and call the school later to make sure he's okay because sometimes the school bus gets into a fatal accident'.
Yes, of course something can go wrong in a pregnancy - we all know that. The odds very depending on numerous factors, but they are unquestionably very much in your favor when you see a heartbeat. I'm still a little bit nervous - I've seen great beta numbers and my surrogate is having no issues (no spotting or anything) but because I have had some bad luck before, it's a little hard to get past. I wish I had a 100% guarantee.
But I want to enjoy this time - I don't want to let my fears of what might go wrong take it away because I won't get it back. So I have decided - hard as it is - to just trust that everything is going to be okay and focus on the bundle of joy that I'll soon be given. That's even more important for you ladies because you are the ones who are actually carrying your child - and the better your mood, the better for your body and the life you have inside of you. Don't think about what might go wrong at this stage - think about the good things on the way. And on Jan 3rd, when everything is fine, stick your tongue out at the rude person who made that comment!

Thanks so much chase I will just have to think positive positive positive.

Sometimes I think people say that kind of stuff to prepare you for the worst, so they think they are being helpful.
I agree that you should just stay positive and when Jan 3rd rolls around you can prove her wrong!
All the best!!!

Sorry about your experience with the ultrasound tech Sweet. I agree with everyone else - seeing a heartbeat/heartbeats is a great sign that things are starting out right! Sometimes I think some medical personel get into a habit of thinking too clinically about things and forget about the human side. I have a great feeling about your pregnancy. Relax and enjoy! :hugs:

Sweet - what an awful thing for her to say! I'm with everyone else and think that you have Absoloutely nothing to worry about!! Enjoy your pregnancy!! And I really hope you get a nicer sonographer next time!
Xx

I'm home and ready for a nap! We got 11 eggs, with 6 or 7 of those being mature enough to fertilize according to the Dr. They don't call with a fertilization report until tomorrow. I was a little bummed about waiting, but I feel good about everything, so it's ok. They said my betas will be on Dec 26 and 28, so I'm totally testing on Christmas morning. :dance:

For now, I'm chilling out and enjoying the process. I am just so happy to be doing this and (hopefully) finally getting our baby. Thank you all for the support!

Great news Lotus!! Will they call you tomorrow with report? Great attitude to be enjoying the process! I try to but always manage to get stressed!!

Xx

@Lotus, that is great news hun!!! I am glad that everything went well!! :happydance: I hope you get a great fertilization report!!! Good luck to you!! :dust::dust:

Sweet - that nurse was not cool saying that.. just take what she said with a grain of salt.. she was either a negative ninny, or jealous of your pregnancy, either way, that is not nice!

Lotus - yay, congrats! Sounds like you got some good eggs and you were so worried! Now we need to hear the update of the fertilization report!!! Can't wait to see that :)

Lucie - did you say you got 20-something eggs? Amazing! So happy for you too! Will you get your fertilization report tomorrow?

AFM - Just a quick hello.. been on a conference call almost all day dealing with last minute stuff that got dropped into my lap. Just what I need.. more work to stress me out next week! I'm like really? The CTO is now involved. :growlmad: :grr: I was supposed to leave the office almost 4 hours ago. So much for getting errands done and laundry/cleaning done before my ET tomorrow! :grr: It would be one thing if I had a DH that could look after things, but being single I need to do all of that on my own. So I'm pretty upset about work taking this time from me! :shrug: What can you do? So my ET is tomorrow morning, and then I'll be on bed rest Sat/Sun.

Everyone else.. :hi: I will check in tomorrow after my procedure.. :hug:

Yay lotus and lucie!!

Sweet: your us tech sounds like the dumb one I had a while back... She told me I was messed up and would not be able to do ivf without being fixed.... Then she said oh I've been having a hard time measuring these endometrims for the fets so hopefully I get yours right... The dr doesn't like her because she said something about my uterus during my fet and the doc said yeah there is a reason for that very snarky to her! I hate it everytime she has to scan me! I think the techs should just say the dr needs to review things or just say they can't give out medical info or something.

Just wanted to give a little update! Traffic and rain made the 4 hour drive this morning over 5 hours! So we have decided to stay in a hotel and head home in the morning. I will have to get on tomorrow to catch up on everyone :)

My transfer went beautifully!! What an amazing experience overall. They transferred 2 grade A embryos of the highest quality :happydance: My other embryos are still going strong! Here is the breakdown they gave me:

14 embryos beginning total
2 transferred grade A
6 frozen grade A
3-4 still not sure about, need more time

So I have 6 frozen babies for sure!! :happydance:

Hold! That sounds awesome! Yay! 6 frosties!
Gl tomorrow Ali!!!

Yay lotus and lucie!!

Sweet: your us tech sounds like the dumb one I had a while back... She told me I was messed up and would not be able to do ivf without being fixed.... Then she said oh I've been having a hard time measuring these endometrims for the fets so hopefully I get yours right... The dr doesn't like her because she said something about my uterus during my fet and the doc said yeah there is a reason for that very snarky to her! I hate it everytime she has to scan me! I think the techs should just say the dr needs to review things or just say they can't give out medical info or something.

Thanks so much just annoying and disrespectful I heard its great if u hear a heartbeat chances decrease who knows

Sweet- How awful of that woman to say those things. :hugs:

So I'm feeling really crappy. What's funny is my right side is the only side that's sore. I find that interesting since it was my left ovary that had the most follicles. I promise to post a detailed account tomorrow when I'm (hopefully) feeling better.

Anyone ever use crinone before? Got any tips?

Sweet- How awful of that woman to say those things. :hugs:

So I'm feeling really crappy. What's funny is my right side is the only side that's sore. I find that interesting since it was my left ovary that had the most follicles. I promise to post a detailed account tomorrow when I'm (hopefully) feeling better.

Anyone ever use crinone before? Got any tips?

I was sore on one side last cycle and they said they had to really push hard to get the follicles. Maybe that is why? Did the Dr say anything about OHSS? I felt really crummy after my last ER because of that. Get some rest! Drink lots of fluids and get ready fro the ET :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->