Ivf oct/nov/dec

One - that is amazing! I have never heard of that. Very cool. I might ask my FS about it. I had asked him about the uterine biopsy and he was dead set against it. So IDK?

Ali, I asked my previous RE about the biopsy and he didnt think it was necessary, but did it anyway. It did help me so maybe he was right.

Co-culture is one of the reason's why I wanted to go to Cornell. I've read about it on their website. At this point I will try anything.

Are you going to do FET next?

Ali, I asked my previous RE about the biopsy and he didnt think it was necessary, but did it anyway. It did help me so maybe he was right.

Co-culture is one of the reason's why I wanted to go to Cornell. I've read about it on their website. At this point I will try anything.

Are you going to do FET next?

I'm doing FET sometime soon? Waiting for some blood work to come back. They did NK testing, auto-immune and clotting factor testing. The results should be back in a week. My appointment to discuss is next Friday. So hopefully we'll have some answers. Since we are doing FET I don't think co-culture is an option as the embryos have already grown and are at blast stage.

I have heard that the endometrial biopsy can improve implantation, but he said those studies are hogwash, and that the opposite is true. However we didn't discuss co-culture which is entirely different (since the uterine lining is used to help the embryos grow). His point was scarring the uterus for no reason is not a good idea, but he would have done it if there was any indication of a uterine problem. AHHHHH.. My concern is that my uterine lining was mega thick, it was 19mm at time of ER. But he still won't biopsy it! Double AHHHHHH!

Anyway, I will get another consult with him on Jan 18th and we'll discuss the FET further at that time.

I'm very interested to hear how your co-culture works!

Hi Ladies and Gent :hi: I have a question for anyone that has had a failed IVF cycle in the past (and just skipped a month).

I'm currently about CD 13 and normally ovulate around CD 14-18, had the EWCM yesterday and this morning, however this afternoon it was tinged with pink! I've been having some uterine cramping and also my ovaries have been feeling a little twingy. I'm thinking all sorts of crazy things right now, like some spotting from the ovaries because they went through trauma last cycle? Or an ectopic that wasn't producing any HCG? Or a cyst on an ovary? Of course I didn't notice the spotting until my FS's office closed for the weeknd. Murphy's law! So I don't know what to think? I'm not in pain at the moment, so I don't' think its too serious. I was just curious if any of you had experienced similar twinges, cramping and spotting mid-cycle post IVF?

Lucie and Lotus, I am so sorry to read this news. My heart goes out to you both.
Sending you both healing thoughts. :hugs:

Still in limbo... Last Monday's beta was 1869. Wednesday was 2085. Today's 3190. I have an apt tomorrow at 8 am. I just want to be able to move on.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

That totally sucks Lucie! I was just thinking about our LTTTC journey today and I was thinking that people go through drawn out trials for horrible crimes and don't have to do as much waiting as we do with infertility! Wait for this, wait for that, all the while feeling such sadness and grief. I can only imagine that what you are going through is all the more painful because your hopes have been dashed. So sorry. Praying you get to move on soon and renew your hope. :hugs:

I'm sorry, Lucie. I know exactly how you feel with wanting to move on. I hope that the wait is not too long :hugs:

@Lucie, I am so sorry that you are still going through this limbo and not sure about what is going on. Big hugs to you hun!! :hugs::hugs: I hope things can get figured out soon so you can get some answers and move forward finally!! :hugs::hugs:

Lucie - so sorry you are in limbo. Has your FS said anything further about what might be happening? What do they think is the issue? I really hope you get some answers soon.

AFM - got a call from my FS office today, all but 1 test is back and all normal. So I don't have any chromosomal abnormalities, or any clotting factors, or any auto-immune issues. The one test that is still outstanding is the NK cell test. Still waiting on that one. Hopefully it will be in before my FS appt on Friday. They said they would call me later in the week if it was delayed, and we'd just reschedule my appt with the FS for next week. No point in having an appt with him if we don't have all the results! I'm happy I don't have any issues, I was worried that maybe I had bad genes that were translocated or perhaps lupus but I don't have either :thumbup: So while this is good news, the bad news is that we still don't have an answer as to why I've had 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs! :nope:

Ugh, Lucie, I hope, if they don't see anything at your next sono, you expel it naturally w/o a d & c. Praying for you.

Ali, that's good news! Still even the new FS are not testing me for immune issues. I've tested mine and DH chromosomes, all is fine there. I hope you're able to keep your appt. on Friday.

@Ali, I am sorry that all of the tests didn't help you figure out why your last IVF cycle wasn't a success. :hugs::hugs: Of course on the flip side of it you can rest easy knowing that nothing is wrong with you, which is of course a positive thing!! :thumbup: Although I know if you found something wrong than you could treat it or do something about it, so I know sometimes you just want answers.

Some tips for your next IVF cycle is assisted hatching. My clinic did this as a standard part of their services. I also was on a low dose baby aspirin before my embryo transfer which helps with implantation, along with a progesterone cream vaginal insert and an estrogen vaginal pill insert. Another thing that my fertility office had me do was take a piroxicam oral pill one to two hours before my embryo transfer, which also helps with implantation. I researched the pill and I know it was recommended because I have endometriosis, but you may want to look into those options if you haven't already. I hope I was able to help out some. :hugs::hugs:

I found this article about the piroxicam being taken before the ET and it helping improve the success rates. You can do a google search and find other info about it as well. :thumbup: Feel free to share this info with any of the girls on the other IVF thread since I think it can help increase their chances of success!!

https://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/491784

@Ali, I am sorry that all of the tests didn't help you figure out why your last IVF cycle wasn't a success. :hugs::hugs: Of course on the flip side of it you can rest easy knowing that nothing is wrong with you, which is of course a positive thing!! :thumbup: Although I know if you found something wrong than you could treat it or do something about it, so I know sometimes you just want answers.

Some tips for your next IVF cycle is assisted hatching. My clinic did this as a standard part of their services. I also was on a low dose baby aspirin before my embryo transfer which helps with implantation, along with a progesterone cream vaginal insert and an estrogen vaginal pill insert. Another thing that my fertility office had me do was take a piroxicam oral pill one to two hours before my embryo transfer, which also helps with implantation. I researched the pill and I know it was recommended because I have endometriosis, but you may want to look into those options if you haven't already. I hope I was able to help out some. :hugs::hugs:

I found this article about the piroxicam being taken before the ET and it helping improve the success rates. You can do a google search and find other info about it as well. :thumbup: Feel free to share this info with any of the girls on the other IVF thread since I think it can help increase their chances of success!!

Thanks!

I was on low dose aspirin and was told my embryos were too good at day 3 so we went to day 5, which meant no AH. I'm still not sure whether they can do AH with frozen blasts? I'm not doing another IVF, I have 4 frosties left. Unfotrunately that will be the end of my journey, I just don't think I can face another IVF. I have not heard of piroxicam before, maybe I will talk to
my FS about it. I was on estrogen and progesterone after ET.

The last test is the NK cell test, then we discuss the FET protocol and plan for it. Maybe I just need a more natural endometrium? One that isn't created by stim meds? That is often and issue?

Thanks!

I was on low dose aspirin and was told my embryos were too good at day 3 so we went to day 5, which meant no AH. I'm still not sure whether they can do AH with frozen blasts? I'm not doing another IVF, I have 4 frosties left. Unfotrunately that will be the end of my journey, I just don't think I can face another IVF. I have not heard of piroxicam before, maybe I will talk to

The last test is the NK cell test, then we discuss the FET protocol and plan for it. Maybe I just need a more natural endometrium? One that isn't created by stim meds? That is often and issue?

Okay so the only differences was the assisted hatching and the piroxicam, everything else was the same. My embryos were day 5 as well and I am pretty sure they did assisted hatching for my cycle. I suppose you can ask your DR if they can do it with your frosties or not? That is great that you have frosties so you don't have to go through a full blown IVF cycle again though.:thumbup: Unfortunatly I don't know much about alternatives to the endometrium and if that would help or not, but it won't hurt to ask your DR and see what they say. I really hope that your next FET cycle is a success hun. I have everything crossed for you and I am sending a huge heap of baby dust your way!!! Good luck!!!! :dust::dust:

Thanks!

Okay so the only differences was the assisted hatching and the piroxicam, everything else was the same. My embryos were day 5 as well and I am pretty sure they did assisted hatching for my cycle. I suppose you can ask your DR if they can do it with your frosties or not? That is great that you have frosties so you don't have to go through a full blown IVF cycle again though.:thumbup: Unfortunatly I don't know much about alternatives to the endometrium and if that would help or not, but it won't hurt to ask your DR and see what they say. I really hope that your next FET cycle is a success hun. I have everything crossed for you and I am sending a huge heap of baby dust your way!!! Good luck!!!! :dust::dust:

I'm still unsure whether AH is possible at this point. I do know that for fresh IVF that they only do AH at day 3. Or so my FS keeps telling me, he says that it is too difficult to do at day 5 and that by that point they are already showing signs of the shell thinning and it beginning hatching. So by that point it isn't necessary to do AH. I have also heard that AH on day 5 increases the chance of twinning when it is done. Believe me it will be one of my questions for my FS on Friday! :)

I really hope that this time I will be lucky and the FET is successful, thanks for your well wishes!

Ali, my fresh cycle was not successful and the dr said sometimes your body is just tired of all the meds. I did FET and my embryos were frozen at 5 and 6 days. We did AH for our FET. The Dr said it was recommended due to my age and the fact that my embryos were frozen. I don't know if this did the trick but FET was successful for us. Good luck I really hope FET is successful for you as we'll.

Ali, my fresh cycle was not successful and the dr said sometimes your body is just tired of all the meds. I did FET and my embryos were frozen at 5 and 6 days. We did AH for our FET. The Dr said it was recommended due to my age and the fact that my embryos were frozen. I don't know if this did the trick but FET was successful for us. Good luck I really hope FET is successful for you as we'll.

YAY! Thanks for that :)

My FS mentioned that some women do not have positives when doing fresh cycles due to the high levels of estrogen making the uterus inhospitable. I really want to do AH but wasn't sure if it was possible on a day 5 frozen embryo. It sounds like it is (since you had it done) and you were successful! :thumbup: Did you do a medicated FET or was it unmedicated? I am going to go armed to my appointment on Friday with as many questions as I can!

I think I'm just running out of steam on this whole TTC thing. I haven't given up hope, but this last IVF cycle has really kicked my ass physically. So I know I can't go through another one. That is why I have to make sure that before we do my FET we have all the answers (well as many as we can). I know there is still a chance that with everything being perfect that it still won't work. I just know me and my body and the 4 little frosties :cold: is all we have left. So hopefully that is all I will need :)

Congrats to you :bunny: :thumbup:

YAY! Thanks for that :)

My FS mentioned that some women do not have positives when doing fresh cycles due to the high levels of estrogen making the uterus inhospitable. I really want to do AH but wasn't sure if it was possible on a day 5 frozen embryo. It sounds like it is (since you had it done) and you were successful! :thumbup: Did you do a medicated FET or was it unmedicated? I am going to go armed to my appointment on Friday with as many questions as I can!

I think I'm just running out of steam on this whole TTC thing. I haven't given up hope, but this last IVF cycle has really kicked my ass physically. So I know I can't go through another one. That is why I have to make sure that before we do my FET we have all the answers (well as many as we can). I know there is still a chance that with everything being perfect that it still won't work. I just know me and my body and the 4 little frosties :cold: is all we have left. So hopefully that is all I will need :)

Congrats to you :bunny: :thumbup:
I did an unmedicated cycle. After it failed I wanted to move forward right away. The dr said my body needed to be back to normal and thankfully it was so they let me do FET the following month. This process is so stressful and asked the dr why didn't it work the first time? He said many woman respond better to FET cycles. In fact there are new studies that FET is more successful than a fresh cycle. I was given a 40% success rate with fresh versus a 80% with FET.

I really hope FET works for you. I will keep you in my prayers.

So apparently I'm some big medical mystery. Third scan still shows nothing. But there is something growing somewhere. Plan is to treat as if ectopic. They drew blood and depending on when the results come back, I will be given methotrexate either this afternoon or tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->