Ivf oct/nov/dec

Ugh the nurse just called and said my E2 is 120 and they want it around 60 :(. I have to take Cetrotide (antagonist) today and tomorrow and then go back on Sunday for repeat blood work. I had to rush home because she said to take it asap. Luckily it was easy to mix and DH happened to be home early today so he did the injection for me. After it was over I realized how easy it was and felt silly for making DH do it. I just hope the level comes down so I can get started on Sunday. Fingers crossed

Ugh the nurse just called and said my E2 is 120 and they want it around 60 :(. I have to take Cetrotide (antagonist) today and tomorrow and then go back on Sunday for repeat blood work. I had to rush home because she said to take it asap. Luckily it was easy to mix and DH happened to be home early today so he did the injection for me. After it was over I realized how easy it was and felt silly for making DH do it. I just hope the level comes down so I can get started on Sunday. Fingers crossed

Im sure that will help it come down. Crazy how are bodies are esp with all these hormones

Em - I had the same thing happen to me and I took cetrotide and it fixed it! So I am sure it will work for you too! FX you can start on Sunday!

Em - I had the same thing happen to me and I took cetrotide and it fixed it! So I am sure it will work for you too! FX you can start on Sunday!

Omg Dilia thank you for sharing that!!! I've been freaking out thinking I might get canceled and my Oncologist will only allow me to push my surgery back for a month so I would be out of luck.

wannabe - yay for starting lupron tonight! Let us know how it goes! :hugs:

Sweetness - yay for starting tonight also! Are you so excited to get started?!

Em - so sorry you have to be on more medication before you can start. I've never had that problem so I can't really say anything more but I really hope it works for you and you can get started very soon :hugs:

I'm going to go out tonight I think since I won't be able to go out once the hurricane comes around ... I can't believe we're going to have to deal with another hurricane ... I really hope it doesn't his NYC ... that would be terrible ... it is what it is! Anyone living in sandy's path, stay safe!

@Em, sorry your E2 levels are so high!!!:hugs::hugs: Fingers crossed the additional meds you are taking will help bring your levels back down quickly so you can move forward!! :hugs:

@Ash, DH & me just finished dinner so we are going to be doing the injections shortly. I will update you girls on how it goes later.... that first injection seems so scary for some reason since this will be my first time doing injectible drugs.... EEeeeekkkk:wacko:

Hurricane Sandy is forecast to arrive where I live Tuesday at like 4 am and one of the more likely paths is my state taking a direct hit with it at a category 1 hurricane. Although there is a chance it's path could move farther up north or below us further down south, so only time will tell!! I just hope our power stays on and that our sump pump keeps the water out of the basement!! DH & me talked about buying a back up generator and are regretting never going through with it!! We don't live that far from the ocean so I am not sure how much of a punch this storm is going to pack.Last summer we got a hurricane also but it wasn't too bad, and we just had a few a few tree branches down in the yard and lots of rain and wind, but the basement stayed dry, so we are hoping it won't be much worsethan that!!

Wannabe - where do you and DH live if you don't mind me asking? The first injection is pretty nerve racking but you will be okay, I promise! :) I was soooo shaky the first night I did the menopur and OH is like ... honey why are you shaking, I'm like are you serious?!! :haha:

Wannabe - where do you and DH live if you don't mind me asking? The first injection is pretty nerve racking but you will be okay, I promise! :) I was soooo shaky the first night I did the menopur and OH is like ... honey why are you shaking, I'm like are you serious?!! :haha:

I will PM you my location in a little while!!:winkwink:

These men of ours say the silliest things!!! They have the easy part well we get to be turned into a human pin cushion!!! LOL... :loopy:

Ok.... so DH and me just did the injection....well I prepared it and DH did the injecting because I am a big cry baby.. So I pinched my belly skin up below my belly button and closed my eyes well DH poked away!! I am happy to say I barely felt it, and it was done before I even knew it!!! LOL. It was less painful than when you have to have your blood drawn!!! After it was done it itches now and it is red around the area where the injection was done. I didn't itch it or anything though since I would think that could irritate the area more. Over all not so bad as I made it out to be in my head. I kind of let out a little screach beore DH poked me...LOL...:haha:

wannabe - yay for starting lupron tonight! Let us know how it goes! :hugs:

Sweetness - yay for starting tonight also! Are you so excited to get started?!

Em - so sorry you have to be on more medication before you can start. I've never had that problem so I can't really say anything more but I really hope it works for you and you can get started very soon :hugs:

I'm going to go out tonight I think since I won't be able to go out once the hurricane comes around ... I can't believe we're going to have to deal with another hurricane ... I really hope it doesn't his NYC ... that would be terrible ... it is what it is! Anyone living in sandy's path, stay safe!

Oh be safe!! I have already been on Lupron 20 units for a week but Sun I will be doing 3 different shots in the belly a day! Crazy crazy thats a lot and including the pills.

It's great having no plans, isn't it Happy :) Well I wish I could say I could/would go back to sleep, but usually by 7am my 3 year old gets up, so I just have to suck it up and go to bed earlier at night through this process!

That's the way to do it! Going to bed early.

Sweetness, I'm glad U/S was good and now you can get started!

EM, hopefully the numbers will go down by sunday.

Ash, have a great time! I live in California so instead of hurricanes we get earthquakes!

Wanna, I'm glad the first injection went well. The others will be just as easy

AFM, I had my scan and my lining is 5.5 they want it to be around 8. I'm still on my patch and they added estrace. I go back on tuesday and hopefully have a transfer next tuesday Nov 6. I'm so excited! I also found out we have AA and AB embryos so I feel good. Praying this works for all of us!

@Happy, fingers crossed your lining gets nice and thick. I am glad they added the estrace to help out!! Thats great that your embryo's look really good and are all ready for transfer!!! I am sending you tons of baby dust and good luck!!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

Thanks for your support everyone. I'm feeling a lot calmer about this little setback.

Sweetness - yikes that sounds like a lot of meds but at least it means you are progressing and your ER will be here before you know it

Wanna - way to go with the first injection down! I had itching and redness around the injection area too. Hope the hurricane misses you. Stay safe!

Ash - have fun tonight and good luck with your ultrasound tomorrow.

Happybunny - great update and numbers! Yayy for AA and AB embryos!

Things are getting so exciting on here :happydance:

Question...

I got an official letter of approval today from the Care Program, which is funny because my drs office already received the meds.. But the letter stated that they sending this to the office:

Gonal F 900iu x3
Gonal F 300iu x1
Ovidrel 250mcg x1

I was told the max they could give in Gonal F is 3000iu. So I guess I got the max amount but I don't understand how the pens work, I guess they are multidose pens??

I spoke with the nurse and she told me that my FS is planning on having me take Repronex and Gonal-F. She told me that I need 30 vials of 75 iu Repronex!! I about burst into tears because that medication costs 100 dollar a vial and I thought all my meds were taken care of! The nurse then clarified that she already has that meds for me because between a couple of pharmacies and a previous patient she was able to get the 30 vials donated to me :cry: I was speechless!! I have SO many thank you letters to start writing!

But I am still really scared of the dosage of medication the FS is going have me take.. Does that seem like way to much to anyone else??? I am freaking out a little bit! I will most certainly have left over meds, wont I?

Ash, have a great time! I live in California so instead of hurricanes we get earthquakes!

AFM, I had my scan and my lining is 5.5 they want it to be around 8. I'm still on my patch and they added estrace. I go back on tuesday and hopefully have a transfer next tuesday Nov 6. I'm so excited! I also found out we have AA and AB embryos so I feel good. Praying this works for all of us!

That's wonderful news!! :happydance: November 6th will be here before you know it!

What patch are you on? Is it like a hormone patch?

What's aa and ab?

That refers to the quality of the embryo. The dr said AA was excellent grade and AB was really good. Heres a better explanation:
The number refers to the degree of expansion of the blastocyst (1 is the least expanded, 6 is the most expanded). The first letter (A,B, or C) refers to the quality of the inner cell mass (the part of the blastocyst that is going to be the baby) and the second letter (A, B, or C) refers to the quality of the trophectoderm (the part of the blastocyst that is going to be the placenta).

That's wonderful news!! :happydance: November 6th will be here before you know it!

What patch are you on? Is it like a hormone patch?

Yes it's called vivelle dot. I can wait for next week.

Holdon, I can't believe they donated the med to you that's amazing:cry:! I wish there were more clinics like that. I've hear gonal f is similar to follistim. I did follistim and it came in a pen and you load the vial and you dial the amount the dr gives you. I started with 225 iu. That sounds like the right amount of meds. I had 6 vials of 300 iu and I still have 1 full and one with half. I'm so glad you are getting started :happydance:

Wannabe - My body had the same reaction as far as the redness and itchiness from the lupron. You can ice the area beforehand for about a minute and honestly it takes away that itchy feeling and the red spot ... it's amazing! Maybe you can try it next time :)

Sweet - yes 3 shots a night on top of all of the pills is craziness but worth it for our babies!

Happy - I lived in CA for 4 years right out of high school and I HATED earthquakes. They were sooooo scary! Yay for transfer on the 6th! You know what's great? If I have a 5 day transfer and the ER is on the day my doctor predicted, we will be PUPO on the same day! :hugs: Oh great explanation of the rating! Very informative and I had no idea, thanks!

Em - thank you! :hugs:

hold - that is AMAZING that your doctors office got all of the medications together for you! How wonderful! :happydance: Good luck with this cycle, I hope it all goes smoothly for you! I don't really know much about why he chose to put you on such a high dose but what I can say that maybe he did that because of the endo or something ... ? That would be my best guess. I wouldn't worry too much about it, I'm sure he knows what he's doing ;)

AFM - I got back from my scan a little bit ago and everything is looks great still. The follicles are measuring at 10mm and the doctor said I have about 12 of them. She said she'll expect me to get at LEAST 12 so that made me feel happy. My lining is already at 8mm so that's amazing, it means my estrogen keeps going up like it's supposed to. I went out last night and played pool, it was pretty fun. My friend and her boyfriend came into the city to hang with us and they're still here but sleeping. It was a good night and now for the hurricane weather. I heard it has turned into a tropical storm now and not a hurricane so that's good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->