Ivf oct/nov/dec

Wanna- that's awesome! I would definetly get a blood test before taking anymore lupron. Keep us posted!

Ash, I waited last time and when I tested the day before I got a light positive and I thought I was pregnant then the call came and they said my beta was only 6. So I dunno I might test at 9dpo since mine is FET I won't get a false positive.

hi ladies,

hope u are all well just a quick update i started down regulating with suprecur nasal sprays yesterday. i also had moving day yesterday so very busy day!!:wacko:

they sprays taste really bad they sort of trickle down the back of your throat and have had me throwing up a bit and feeling very tired but its nice to be started only thing is i keep worrying that it isnt working properly or im not getting enough. i was actually happy when i started throwing up because it sorta reassured me that its working:haha: i swear IVF is making me crazy :haha: i take my last pill on tuesday and start stimming with Gonal-f on 2nd november:hugs: will catch up properly with u all when i have more energy tomorro.:hugs:

Happy - so sorry to hear you were jerked around .. it's always hard! FX'd this FET works for you and you'll get your forever baby!

oh p.s also a little bit bummed that we will only be having a 2 day transfer:nope:

Happy- Thank you! I agree, I wish there were more clinics like mine also: cry: So I will probably use about 3 times for 1 pen.. So the needle must be changeable then?

Ash- I am so glad your u/s went well!! Thanks, I am sure my FS knows what he is doing also. But I am still trying to develop trust in him! LOL

Mo- YAY for cd1!

Whisper- You took the words out of my mouth!! I feel so blessed to be at my clinic! I am so sorry you are feeling ichy, I hope that feeling passes very soon.

Em- Thanks!!

dilia- Thank you! Did you have a lot of side effects on Gonal F?

Sweet- do you start Lupron tomorrow?

Sorry if I missed anyone!

Few more questions...
About how long is everyone stiming for? Anyone else doing Lupron up until HCG shot?
I just realized that I have around 6 weeks till ER :happydance: Time seems to be going by fast!

Hey I have already been taking lupron 20 units for a week now. Starting tomorrow I will be doing lupron 5 units follistim 225 and 1 vial of repronex and will be taking lupron until hcg shot too I'm pretty sure. What meds and dosages are you taking? My estimated ER is nov 7,8 or 9

Oops! Got confused sorry :flower:
I am not sure of the dosage of my meds exactly yet. I will have to look at my calendar :)
I know for a fact though, it doesn't have the Gonal F injections any where on it. He added those to my cycle. My repronex is 75iu and the first 2 days say 3 vials a day. Then they decrease to 2 vials a day. I think I will be on Lupron for 14 days before I start stiming. Then 7-9 days of stiming is the plan. He said I will be on Lupron around a total of 22 days.. My est ER is December 9th lol I am a whole month behind you :thumbup:

hold - yeah it takes time to start trusting the doctors! :) I'm doing lupron up until the HCG shot ... I could be wrong buuuut I'm pretty sure it helps the follicles grow in sync ... I was on 10 units up until I start stiming and then went down to 5 units. FX'd for you!

I have done so much research on my FS:blush: It is so expensive that I had to make sure I was making the right decision!
I think I am going to be on the same about of Lupron that you are, but I am not entirely sure LOL I definitely need to meet with my nurse again to sort everything out :haha:
:dust:

Wanna - wow this is amazing!! Super excited for you and can't wait for your update!

Ash - your ER will be here so soon!

tcmc - hope you're getting settled in your new place and feeling better. I hate nasal sprays too.

AFM - I went to the RE this morning super early for blood work. Now I'm just waiting for the nurse to call. If my E2 level is lower I can start Gonal-F and Menopur tonight. We're gearing up for Hurricane Sandy here so I stopped by the grocery store across the street on my way home to get bottled water. The store was almost out of bottled water!

Em - do you live in manhattan? I live in midtown west so the theater district and we haven't even started to prepare ... I'm kinda nervous we're too late! What doctor do you see btw? I go to RMA NY. Stay safe!

The nurse just called and my E2 is 38 so I can start my meds yayy :happydance::happydance:

Ash - Hi, yes we live in midtown as well, near Central Park South. I go to NYU. We haven't started preparing yet either except for that water I picked up this morning. We're going to start getting ready, packing an emergency bag and heading to the grocery store to stock up on some food. I'm a little worried about the power going out and my meds in the fridge.

em: Gonal f (I used the pen) is shelf stable for 3 months. But if its kept in the fridge its good until expiry date. My menopur was powders and keep out of fridge. What else is in the fridge for you?

Hope you girls stay safe!!!

em: Gonal f (I used the pen) is shelf stable for 3 months. But if its kept in the fridge its good until expiry date. My menopur was powders and keep out of fridge. What else is in the fridge for you?

Hope you girls stay safe!!!

Ooh thank you MoBaby!! I just checked the boxes and both can be stored outside of the fridge. So weird my pharmacy said to keep them in there so I didn't even look at the boxes. The only other thing I have in there that has to be refrigerated is Cetrotide. But that's ok. If I lose that it's not as much to replace as the Gonal F. Those things were $$

Em - we live so close! I'm pretty sure we're in zone B so I'm watching the weather channel and trying to find out what we're supposed to do. We live really high up so I'm not sure that we'll actually evacuate but it's all kind of scary! I've thought about the meds in the fridge and the power. I considered getting an ice chest or something and putting them in there with some ice packs but I dont know!

Stay safe and yay for being able to start you meds!

@TCMC, sorry the meds were making you so sick!!! :hugs::hugs: I hope you feel better soon!!! I am still sending you lots of good luck and baby dust even though they did a 2 day transfer, regardless you can still get your BFP, and I hope you do hun!! :dust::dust:

@Em, fingers crossed your levels are lower so you can pick back up on your meds again!!!! :dust::dust: Stay safe in the storm hun!!!! :hugs:

@Ash, stay safe in the storm, :hugs: I hope both you and EM don't loose power and the storm doesn't end up being that bad.

I still need to check the weather forecast to see what we are geting from the hurricane since I am furhter down the east coast, down more southern than you ladies are.

Thanks for all of the kind words and support girls... But things aren't looking very good since this morning.....:cry: My temps are starting to come back down some...

AFM, my pink handled IC's tests went very faint this morning and now the lines are barely there. My Answer test was BFN and I did a FRER and it was BFN. So I think I must of have an early chemical pregnancy and that the pink handled IC's are super sesitive.I am not sure what else could exlpain all of those positive IC's. It really makes no sense.

My OPK was still positive from this morning though....

It sucks and I am disappointed this morning, and even though I did get a little excited yesterday part of me was in disbelief still because after 3 years of LTTC things just don't come that easy for me....:nope:

Thank goodness I still did my lupron injection lastnight, just because I wasn't 100% sure I was pregnant... so I am going to continue to monitor to detect pregnancy by checking with FMU throughout the rest of my 2WW just to be on the safe side... But otherwise I figured it was to good to be true to be able to get a BFP and avoid the high cost of IVF & ICSI, there is no way it could be that easy for me, I should know better.... oh well.. Onwards and upwards... IVF here we come.....

If anyone wants to see the IC's you can either pop by my journal or by my testing thread in the HPT gallery..

I don't know if I shoud even bother with doing asking for a blood test from my docs office tomorrow or not.... :shrug:

Wanna - I'm so sorry :hugs:. I think you should still ask for a blood test tomorrow at your Dr. just in case. You could have diluted urine this morning compared to yesterday.

Em - we live so close! I'm pretty sure we're in zone B so I'm watching the weather channel and trying to find out what we're supposed to do. We live really high up so I'm not sure that we'll actually evacuate but it's all kind of scary! I've thought about the meds in the fridge and the power. I considered getting an ice chest or something and putting them in there with some ice packs but I dont know!

Stay safe and yay for being able to start you meds!

Yeah we live super close :). We're also in a high rise so we won't be evacuating either. We just got back from the grocery store and it was a madhouse!! Hope you stay safe too!

Wannabe - :hugs: So sorry. I would still mention this to the doctors on Monday just to make sure they know what's happening and see what they say!

Thanks girls!!!!! :hugs: I will be sure to keep you lovely ladies updated if anything changes!!!

I just checked the lastest projected path for Hurricane Sandy and she is making landfall as a category 1 hurricane where I live.... Oh joy... :wacko:

I think my biggest concern is the power going out for a long time and our basement flooding, since we have a sump pump in our basement. Ugghhh... We don't live very far from the ocean either... It looks like we are in for quite a storm!!!! I am really hoping it won't be that bad though. I really wish my neighbor would put away all of the junk he has all over his yard. The hurricane will probably blow it all over the place!!! :wacko: I remember the hurricane we had last year he didn't pick up his yard than either but it wasn't that bad so his mess mostly stayed in his own yard!! :dohh:

Dh is packing away our patio furniture and chairs along with the other outdoor stuff and putting it into the shed and garage so it doens't get blown away. :thumbup:

DH & me had alot of fun at a Halloween Costume party lastnight!! We both dressed up as vampires and I helped DH with his makeup. LOL. We had pretty cool costumes that matched being both black and red in color. The night club was packed!!! At times you couldn't even walk because ther was so many people. It was a mad house!!

So many of the girls had really slutty costumes, One girl was like naked, with no top on, boobs out, topless, and like white thong panties...WTH, we aren't in a strip club!!! She was dancing up on the pillar. DH thinks she had something covering her nipples, but I didn't see anything, although it was dark so I couldnt see that good. I am not sure what kind of a costume that would be considered, only thing i can think of is stripper, and than the other girls in like panties for bottoms, costume must of been hooker I guess. Lordy.. My costume was sexy, but compared to some of the girls I looked conservative!!! LOL!!

Other than that there were some other people that had really cool costumes, very creative. They had a costume contest and prize give away there lasnight as well. We missed it though since we didn't get there until almost midnight. Over all it was a nice time, and I am glad we went out.

Hey girl, may have an explanation why your HPTs were positive (if you weren't pregnant)...

So lupron is a GnRH agonist, meaning it works to supress the pituitary gland from releasing FSH and LH... Initially, lupron will cause a surge of LH from the pituitary gland. Since LH and HCG are structurally similar, it is possible that you had a large surge of LH which showed on your OPK (it was very positive) and your HPTs as well. HPTs are designed to detect higher levels of GnRH so initially lupron causes a big surge in GnRH (followed by a big drop in GnRH).

IDK if this is what happened or not but seems plausible. Especially since you are only 7dpo yesterday with the positive test and you were scanned earlier in the cycle which showed the follicles were not mature at that point. You would have had to ovulate several days earlier in the cycle. Which is possible.

I would check with the doctor still though. And let them know about the positive HPT. They can run beta to be sure. If its a chemical and the levels are falling now, your period would be coming soon as usually during a chemical, the egg fertilizes, attempts to implant, begins to secrete HCG but then fails to implant, and the period comes.

I really hope you all are safe who are in the path of the hurricane!!! <3

Hey girl, may have an explanation why your HPTs were positive (if you weren't pregnant)...

So lupron is a GnRH agonist, meaning it works to supress the pituitary gland from releasing FSH and LH... Initially, lupron will cause a surge of LH from the pituitary gland. Since LH and HCG are structurally similar, it is possible that you had a large surge of LH which showed on your OPK (it was very positive) and your HPTs as well. HPTs are designed to detect higher levels of GnRH so initially lupron causes a big surge in GnRH (followed by a big drop in GnRH).

IDK if this is what happened or not but seems plausible. Especially since you are only 7dpo yesterday with the positive test and you were scanned earlier in the cycle which showed the follicles were not mature at that point. You would have had to ovulate several days earlier in the cycle. Which is possible.

I would check with the doctor still though. And let them know about the positive HPT. They can run beta to be sure. If its a chemical and the levels are falling now, your period would be coming soon as usually during a chemical, the egg fertilizes, attempts to implant, begins to secrete HCG but then fails to implant, and the period comes.

I really hope you all are safe who are in the path of the hurricane!!! <3

Thanks for that info hun! That is very helpful!! :hugs::hugs: I will bue sure to keep you girls updated with any changes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->