Ivf oct/nov/dec

Em - it will go fast, promise!! Keep your head up and just stay relaxed and positive!! :hugs:

Happy - sounds good! They know what they're doing I'm sure I just hope I get lots of eggs and that they're mostly good quality and mature!

Hi everyone! Sorry I am not on during the weekends and this morning at work has been so busy. There was like 10 pages on here since Friday to catch up ;)

Ash - YAY!! You are so close ;)

wanna - Sorry for everything that happened over the past few days; the good thing is you are still on track for November :hugs:

em - Glad your levels dropped and you are starting!!

tcmc - Great weight loss! I have been working hard to loose weight; last week I lost 3.5 pounds. I wanted to loose another 7 but when I start stimming I think that is gonna be too hard.

Sorry for anyone I missed; too many pages to go back through.

Not sure who asked about the lupron side effects...but it is making me one MOODY bitch :haha: My poor DH doesn't want to be anywhere near me! LOL I do feel AF coming, so I am assuming that is why.

And for all the east coasters, stay safe!!! Hope everyone else is doing great!

:hi: girls!!

I was wondering if anyone is taking prenatal vitamins??

I had been on them for a couple of years, but when I started the IVF cycle, that is another thing my FS made me stop taking. He only wants me on folic acid because there is concern that some of the high doses vitamins in traditional prenatal vitamins, may have a toxic effect on one cell, eight cell and 150 cell embryos.

This is crazy!! :wacko:

hold - I do not take prenatal vitamins .. mostly because they make me sick ... give me terrible headaches and makes me short of breath ... I think because they're such high dose and I only weigh about 120 lbs. Right now I'm taking 800mcg's of folic acid, a B complex vitamin and I'm taking vitamin D. I would listen to your doctor :)

hold - I do not take prenatal vitamins .. mostly because they make me sick ... give me terrible headaches and makes me short of breath ... I think because they're such high dose and I only weigh about 120 lbs. Right now I'm taking 800mcg's of folic acid, a B complex vitamin and I'm taking vitamin D. I would listen to your doctor :)

I am defiantly not taking them during the IVF cycle :thumbup:
I am taking 800mcg's of folic acid also. I just thought it was crazy that something as harmless as vitamins can harm embryos! I weight about 125 lbs and I LOVED my prenatal vitamins! I think is was a mixture of the iron and minerals that were in them that made me feel great :)

Ive never heard of anything about prenatals causing issues during IVF cycle.. I take rx ones. I weight about 125 also and they dont make me sick.. I also take an extra dose of folic acid and a B12 vitamin... Holdontohope: do you know which ones they think are toxic??

Hold, I've been taking them for over a year. In fact my DR said to stay on them until he tells me to stop. I'm also taking a baby aspirin and metformin for my PCOS. That is strange I had great embryos and I was taking vitamins. Your DR knows best!

:hi: girls!!

I was wondering if anyone is taking prenatal vitamins??

I had been on them for a couple of years, but when I started the IVF cycle, that is another thing my FS made me stop taking. He only wants me on folic acid because there is concern that some of the high doses vitamins in traditional prenatal vitamins, may have a toxic effect on one cell, eight cell and 150 cell embryos.

This is crazy!! :wacko:

I've never heard this before and have been to 3 different FS. All of them say to take prenatal vitamins. That's very interesting.

Well I got a call from my doctor (weird since the nurse always calls me). He said that because of the crazy weather they're going to close tomorrow. So he told me to keep my dose the same except for wednesday morning I'm supposed to decrease my dose of Gonal F to 75 units instead of 150 to hopefully slow my follicles down a bit. I'm feeling actually not bad about it ... I mean I wanted my retrieval to be Thursday and not Friday but my follicles were only 11mm and 16mm today so trigger Wed isn't going to hurt. I guess I'm a little freaked about because by Friday which is retrieval my follicles will probably be around 20-22mm which is normal but idk .. still scary! Anyways, there is really nothing I can do about it except listen to my doctor and hope for the best.

Ash - Everything sounds like it is falling in place!! Listen to your dr, I am sure he will make sure things will be where they need to be for ER! Then spend the next few days relaxing :)

Mo- he didn't identify a specific vitamin as being toxic, he doesn't let any of his patients take prenatal vitamins until 5-6 week u/s. The clinic believes IVF patients should be eating a good balanced healthy diet anyways and so there is really no reason to have them take prenatal vitamins when there is evidence that backs up that theory :shrug:

All doctors/clinics are different I have really realized! Wish they were all just on the same damn page, then they wouldn't have patients going crazy googling everything! :haha:

Happy- I am also taking baby aspirin. It is for sure an interesting theory. I have decided I am just going to starting trusting my FS and relinquish all control (which is pretty hard for me to do :blush: )

hockey- I was very bewildered by it.. I honestly thought they would be putting me on some kind of prescription kind of prenatal because I know how important prenatal vitamins are during pregnancy :shrug:

Ash- I can't wait to here about your ER and how it goes! My FS said ER is like a light sedation/deep sleep, is that what you were told?

Hold - That is funny about the prenatals. My RE said to take a prenatal and an additional folic acid supplement if my prenatal did not have at least 1000 micrograms of folic acid. Very interesting.

Ash - Good luck on your upcoming ER! Sounds like everything is looking good!

Want2 - Glad to see you back! Are these last few days of waiting killing you? They are killing me! :wacko:

I am just feeling super stressed at the moment. I just found out there is going be a big audit at work and I will need to get all of my files in tip top shape. I am usually a pretty good file keeper, but over the past month with all this IVF stuff, I have to admit that I have slacked off. Catching up will be a huge bummer. Plus, I almost can't function with the anticipation of waiting three more days for my pregnancy test! On top of all that, my 30th birthday is tomorrow. Goo. My DH and family want to know what to do for my birthday, but I just don't even feel like celebrating with all this stress. I really never thought I would be turning 30 and not have a family of my own. It's like I don't want to think about getting older right now. I usually love birthdays, but this year it just feels like a huge let down because I don't feel like I've accomplished anything. :cry:

hold - yea they call it a twilight sedation or yeah deep sleep. I've never really been sedated so I'm a little freaked out but I'll be fine I'm sure!

Thanks everyone else for the well wishes!

Hey ladies sorry my computer has been messing up and normally can only update on my phone. Anyway hope everyone is doing great

Ash- Thats exciting glad you have a lot of eggs. I am on day two of follistim, repronex and lupron and I kinda already feel like discomfort at times, but I think thats maybe in my mind. Who knows

Mich- How is evrything going with you and the shots?

TCMC- Thats awesome about the weight! I am actually not getting on the scale as I know I have gained a little weight :( EHHH my metabolism is slowing down and I can eat like im 17 anymore. No fun

Whisper- I hope all is well! Girl dont stress (I know easier said then done) But deep breaths one day at a time.

Want2- Glad everything went great with you!!! How is the wait working for you? When do you test?

Hold- How is everything with you?

MO-Anything you do different with IVF like eating? I have been told mixed things. Some same eat crazy healthy others say it doesnt really matter as long as you are not eating all nasty foods

Happy- I am taking aspirin as well and not sure why. How is everything going

Hocky- How are you doing?

Sorry if I missed anyone else this thread moves so fast so dont intend to. How is everyone else doing????

Ash, I hope everything goes well. The sedation feels like falling asleep. All I remember is someone saying I was going to feel loopy and the next thing I see the Dr giving me thumps up for 25 eggs.

Whisper, I hope everything goes well at work. Try not to stress it's not good for you. As far as the age you are still young. Dr said after 37 the chances start to decline :hugs:

Sweetness: nah I eat the same. Just healthy like grilled stuff, salads veggies, fruit... Just nothing too greasy or fattening . Moderation also.

@Ash, good luck with egg retrival!! Fingers crossed you have lots of healthy eggs!!! :dust::dust:

@Whisper, I am sorry work is so stressful right now!!! IVF is already stressful enough without work being added on top with more stress!!! Big hugs to you!! :hugs::hugs: I hope things get sorted out at work and the audit goes alright!!! I know what you mean about turning 30, I went through that same thing. I am a few years older than you and I also thought I would already of had a couple of kids by now too!!! Just remember you aren't old and you have time to have a couple of kids if you want too!! The main thing is that you are working on building your family now, so you are doing the best that you can to achieve that dream now!!:hugs::hugs:

@Happy, Was it under anathesia or just like a heavy sleep medication??? I had dental work done with sleep sedation before and it was different than when I have had anathesia with surgery. I was like drifting in and out of consciouness and I only remeber bits and pieces of the dental visit. I was so doped up I didn't even care that the dentist was working on me. I am scared of having dental work done. :blush:

That is strange how different DRs have different theories on prenatal vitamins during IVF. I think probably a good alternative would be to take folic acid and just eat healthy during the IVF.

AFM, I know some of you girls on the thread have already read these updates. But my tests were BFN as far as I could tell this morning so I think IVF is definatly happening for me since I don't think I am pregnant. Other than that one happy piece of news that I got today was I got approved for that program that gives you free IVF medications, so I will be saving over $2,200.00 on my IVF meds. I was really happy about that since it was getting hard to afford everything, so this is truly a blessing. :happydance:

Other than that the big thing today is hurricane Sandy. We just had the eye of the storm pass over, so it got quiet for a quick minute. The hurricane was a category 1 with 90 mph winds and gusts of over 115 mph when it hit land where we are. The storm started late lastnight, and got worse as the day progressed. Luckily we are okay and the power stayed on the entire time. It just flickered on and off like twice. unfortunatly we are only half way through the storm, the storm will continue overnight into tomorrow. Hopefully we are just in for more of the same for the second half of the storm. Our basement also stayed dry as well, so that is a huge plus! The sump pump is doing it's job. :thumbup:

I'm starting my first round of IVF and have my baseline ultrasound this Wednesday. So far I'm staying positive but having trouble with an under active thyroid. The injections seem a little intimidating. Well, I'm just looking for some ladies to share this experience with especially bc we haven't told anyone we are doing this just yet!

Sweetness, they say the baby aspirin helps with the placenta blood vessels. But the day of the trigger I was instructed to stop and retake it after the ER.

Wanna, they said I was going to feel like a dream and wake up and fall asleep but to be honest I don't remember nothing! I opened my eyes and it was over.

AFM, I have my scan tomorrow and I hope my transfer is next week.

For everyone who is affected by Sandy, I hope everything goes well and the storm slows down and there's not a lot of damage. Stay safe!

I'm starting my first round of IVF and have my baseline ultrasound this Wednesday. So far I'm staying positive but having trouble with an under active thyroid. The injections seem a little intimidating. Well, I'm just looking for some ladies to share this experience with especially bc we haven't told anyone we are doing this just yet!

Welcome to the group!!!! Good luck to you!!! I hope your problems with your thyroid get better!!! :hugs::dust::dust::dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/glitter20wagon.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->